S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

tell me your votes then, wanna have a constructive argument ? Tell me why you voted for degrath 

unfortunately you won't, because you aren't built to defend that vote with valid arguments 

Bolded the part I did because it highlights the point. People aren't sharing their votes (not that they're required to) because you're positioning yourself as judge, jury, and executioner as to whether an argument is "valid" - it's impossible to create an argument against your player if you're the arbiter of whether the argument is valid. Someone could come out here with a fucking 95 Theses proving, definitively, that player X deserves their vote according to the criteria that they consider valuable to the discussion and the award. You'd write the whole thing off because the argument isn't "boubabi made player X" so there's no point in even humoring you in the first place.

and who's ready to explain why they voted for degrath over cornerstone? The last 2 who tried failed miserably  with horrible arguments that were shutdown immediately. Someone else wanna try ? 

Edited by boubabi

• Senior Admin

There's no 2nd votes so this is irrelevant 

I didn't say there was, but I consider myself a pretty rational and reasonable person so if someone is #2 for me, it doesn't surprise me if he's #1 for some

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I'm pointing the flaws of public votings for years and yet nothing changes. That's just how beketov works, ignores everything that comes from my mouth

The vote should be in the bog and everyone writes their vote, no secrets. If you trust those people and the BoG, they should be able to defend their votes. Public voting is just rats voting for their teammates or against someone

Like I said while I'm not saying there isn't people who vote unfairly, I think the majority of people do vote with integrity. I count 6 out 10 people who voted for you who I can safely say are not a fan of you whatsoever. I think everyone of those 6 have had direct run ins with you, in fact. 

So just chill out. It's not Beketov's fault, I hardly see how he has anything to do with this. He's just running the vote as it always is. If you were really complaining about it for years than it's just as much my 'fault' if not more so than him, but I maintain that I don't think biased voting tends to change the end result so the decision imo is whether the price is worth having the community engaged in a vote like this. 

Just now, boubabi said:

are you denying that you were banned ?

I never deny that I was banned. Just you said "you are banned." Past tense in your argument would have been "you were banned." Point being, yes I was banned but weren't you also banned from here? Seems like my issue is no more because I have been trying to get over my negativity in sim leagues. You should try it for once. Have a snickers bud because you aren't you when you are hungry,

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

Bolded the part I did because it highlights the point. People aren't sharing their votes (not that they're required to) because you're positioning yourself as judge, jury, and executioner as to whether an argument is "valid" - it's impossible to create an argument against your player if you're the arbiter of whether the argument is valid. Someone could come out here with a fucking 95 Theses proving, definitively, that player X deserves their vote according to the criteria that they consider valuable to the discussion and the award. You'd write the whole thing off because the argument isn't "boubabi made player X" so there's no point in even humoring you in the first place.

The earth is flat because I think it is

valid arguments ? Who are you to judge ? 

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Will said:

Like I said while I'm not saying there isn't people who vote unfairly, I think the majority of people do vote with integrity. I count 6 out 10 people who voted for you who I can safely say are not a fan of you whatsoever. I think everyone of those 6 have had direct run ins with you, in fact. 

^^ make that 7 you just got another one

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

and who's ready to explain why they voted for degrath over cornerstone? The last 2 who did shitted themselves with horrible arguments that were shutdown immediately. Someone else wanna try ? 

My argument still stands and is as valid as it needs to be.

1 minute ago, Will said:

I didn't say there was, but I consider myself a pretty rational and reasonable person so if someone is #2 for me, it doesn't surprise me if he's #1 for some

So just chill out. It's not Beketov's fault, I hardly see how he has anything to do with this. He's just running the vote as it always is. If you were really complaining about it for years than it's just as much my 'fault' if not more so than him, but I maintain that I don't think biased voting tends to change the end result so the decision imo is whether the price is worth having the community engaged in a vote like this. 

Can you tell me how many people in the 6 who voted degrath aren't a fan of me then ? 

I didn't vote DeGrath, only because I feel like with Deshaun Watson's passing accuracy and ability to make plays on the run was a big portion of his success and it was an outstanding display of talent. That being said Gronk's carefree attitude was a close second

Just now, diamond_ace said:

Funny - you see the argument when it's anyone but yourself. Who are you to judge?

I won't judge when those people will face the reality. I'm judging because people aren't willing to take the heat. 

If I'm a pro flat earther but I'm not ready to defend my point, yes, people can judge the validity of my opinion

and someone saying the earth is flat because their shoe is fucking flat isn't an argument. "everyone has their opinion" is a bullshit respond 

Edited by boubabi

find me someone that will be able to convince me that, in a s60 season span, a .930 goaltender is more deserving than a 67 goals, 133 pts, 341 hit guy

not based on " I think that and that's it"

Just now, boubabi said:

I won't judge when those people will face the reality. I'm judging because people aren't willing to take the heat. 

If I'm a pro flat earther but I'm not ready to defend my point, yes, people can judge the validity of my opinion

First off, the flat earth argument is a non sequitur. It is simply unrelated to the topic at hand and any conclusion drawn from it has no bearing on this issue. (For what it's worth, the world is obviously round, but again, not relevant).

Now, back on topic:

No, the structure of this vote does not require people to judge the validity of opinions. It especially does not require people to pass one particular member's shit test, when that member is positioning the argument as "IF vote for me THEN right; IF vote for anyone else THEN wrong"

No one has to be judged. That's not how this vote works. That's not how this vote has ever worked. If in the future, it did become a vote that required judging, the judgment committee would not be comprised of a single member, it would be a group of members (as in, other people's criteria besides your own would still matter). At no point will this league ever create an award where the criteria for voting is "does boubabi like your argument" because they know better than to do that.

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, boubabi said:

and the 2 remaining, are you considering them as competent, and they completely understood the award ? 

One of them id say does (but im assuming you're just going to say that their obviously not competent if they didn't vote for you), the other one its hard to say as its a newer member so they wouldn't have a ton of experience with voting but that doesn't necessarily make them incompetent.

You want me argument short and sweet ? In the s59 seasons lifespan of the VHL, a .930 goaltender never won over 133 pts guy. So either we were fucking wrong for 59 seasons and every voting should be revoked as .930 is now declared as fucking amazing (and 133 pts not amazing), or people doesn't know how to vote 

find me someone that will be able to convince me that, in a s60 season span, a .930 goaltender is more deserving than a 67 goals, 133 pts, 341 hit guy

not based on " I think that and that's it"

No one will convince you of this for 2 reasons:

1. You are the points guy. If you were the goalie, you'd be so strongly convinced that you wouldn't hear arguments in favor of the points guy.

2. They don't fucking have to.

Just now, diamond_ace said:

No one has to be judged. That's not how this vote works. That's not how this vote has ever worked. If in the future, it did become a vote that required judging, the judgment committee would not be comprised of a single member, it would be a group of members (as in, other people's criteria besides your own would still matter). At no point will this league ever create an award where the criteria for voting is "does boubabi like your argument" because they know better than to do that.

so why are they scared of their own vote ?  I think black people are less intelligent, I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY, IT JUST IS  (its obviously not true, inb4 kendrick reports this post) is as valid as your bullshit every opinion is right and shouldn't be explained arguments

if that's the case, and everyone has their opinion and vote, why do we allow public voting ? The basic of democracy is we take into consideration that people have enough tool and information to make the right decision. If they can't make the right decision based on nothing, why do we continue with the public vote ? 

3 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

No one will convince you of this for 2 reasons:

1. You are the points guy. If you were the goalie, you'd be so strongly convinced that you wouldn't hear arguments in favor of the points guy.

2. They don't fucking have to.

If I was a goaltender, I would compare myself with previous winners to see if my performance is considered "enough"

I never did my case on previous slobo, because I knew either krigars or Locke had a better season. I haven't went with "WELL, HELSINKI HAD WEAKER PLAYERS" for that award, because I knew it wasn't something to consider for the slobo. However, some people convince them self that's a thing, just to NOT vote for cornerstone. Thats incompetence or hidden bias 

If they don't fucking have to, I can say whatever the fuck I want and not have to explain myself. I think they are a bunch of fucking cowards and incompetent 

Edited by boubabi

5 minutes ago, Will said:

One of them id say does (but im assuming you're just going to say that their obviously not competent if they didn't vote for you), the other one its hard to say as its a newer member so they wouldn't have a ton of experience with voting but that doesn't necessarily make them incompetent.

just mail me the list then, we will have an argument on their validity then 

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

So essentially the voting platform needs to be reworked because its not 100% votes for Cornerstone. Understood

No, because the other voters can't explain their voting properly