S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

because if they have the legitimacy to have a vote, they have the legitimacy to explain why they did it. That's not the case. You don't ask to Mongolians who should win top GM in the NHL, because they won't be able to explain their fucking votes if they don't understand the criteria 

Edited by boubabi

1 minute ago, boubabi said:

so why are they scared of their own vote ?  I think black people are less intelligent, I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY, IT JUST IS  (its obviously not true, inb4 kendrick reports this post) is as valid as your bullshit every opinion is right and shouldn't be explained arguments

if that's the case, and everyone has their opinion and vote, why do we allow public voting ? The basic of democracy is we take into consideration that people have enough tool and information to make the right decision. If they can't make the right decision based on nothing, why do we continue with the public vote ? 

The basis of democracy is actually that each person has a vote. Having tools and information is not actually a requirement - some might say the USA has ended up in its current predicament solely because a bunch of people lacked tools and information and voted for a fucking reality star (and others might say that people lacked tools and information in order to vote the opposite way, just to be fair about it), but when tools and information aren't a requirement for something as important as an election in real life then they sure as hell aren't a requirement for an award vote in a sim league. No one ever said this was a democracy, but no, having tools and information is not a requirement in a democracy.

Additionally, you posit your argument as "didn't vote for me" = "lacked tools and information" when in reality it is "didn't vote for me" = "voted based on different criteria than I did, considers the award in a different way" - different criteria aren't wrong, they're simply different criteria. You've yet to make one single salient point as to why everyone must judge the award based on your criteria and yours alone.

see, that's how invalid you fucking are. You aren't giving a vote to anyone who has a fucking tv at their home. You give a vote to people who have enough credibility to vote, and explain why they did. This public hidden vote is just a facade of a popularity vote 

5 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Holy fuck. He's still going... 

Every year.. lol the last few months it seems like every second day. 

I was just about to post how I came back an hour and a half later and wasn't really surprised, but you beat me to it

Also, the warnings look sweet @Will

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Why does anyone need to? It's their opinion on the stats and players on the ballot.

No one has to. He's not asking people who voted for him - only against. Thus, I see a dense and biased mind and a heavy level of contradiction.

No one is allowed to have their own opinions. Those who have tried to express it - were basically called idiots and wrong because they didn't share the same perspective as him. 

Why would anyone else else try and justify their votes when he's gonna cry like a baby, throw a temper tantrum and act like a jack ass and a fool for the entire league to see?

8 minutes ago, boubabi said:

so why are they scared of their own vote ?  I think black people are less intelligent, I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY, IT JUST IS  (its obviously not true, inb4 kendrick reports this post) is as valid as your bullshit every opinion is right and shouldn't be explained arguments

if that's the case, and everyone has their opinion and vote, why do we allow public voting ? The basic of democracy is we take into consideration that people have enough tool and information to make the right decision. If they can't make the right decision based on nothing, why do we continue with the public vote ? 

Also, I've never said every opinion is right. I've actually stated the exact opposite - opinions, by their nature, can't actually be right (or wrong).

As for your "black people are less intelligent" thing, that's not an opinion, it's a statement of value, as it's something that can be tested by quantifiable measures. One can test to determine the truth or fallacy of that statement, therefore it can't be an opinion. It is patently false, of course. On average, races aren't more or less intelligent than each other.

Anyway, I'll let this die until someone is ready to explain to me how a .930 goaltender deserves the slobo over a 133 pts 341 hit guy. That probably won't happen, dunno why 

2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Also, I've never said every opinion is right. I've actually stated the exact opposite - opinions, by their nature, can't actually be right (or wrong).

As for your "black people are less intelligent" thing, that's not an opinion, it's a statement of value, as it's something that can be tested by quantifiable measures. One can test to determine the truth or fallacy of that statement, therefore it can't be an opinion. It is patently false, of course. On average, races aren't more or less intelligent than each other.

black people are dumber because they have less IQ on IQ test

Is that argument alright to you ? Is that my opinion that I tried to hide between a true result that needs more to it ? 

Edited by boubabi

Just now, Kendrick said:

The funny part where he says "certain member won't understand", when he doesnt understand what an opinion is haha

Yes, I understand that an opinion is only valid with structured arguments. Do I need to explain to you what is an argument or your 25 years at university is enough ?