The draft notes from Riga GM

hedgehog337

jMUahYz.png

It's been a while when I picked a player in a draft. The last one was Niko Bogdanovic in S55 with 6th OV and it ended up perfectly. But for now Riga is slowly is going out of competition and I also will have three firsts in the S61 draft. We're now waiting for more professional draftee rankings look from @BluObieZ, but I'm going to do some draft notes for myself here.

TOP guys?

I think we have an established TOP 4 draftees. Thompson, Gate, Sterling and Cast are likely fighting for being a first OV pick due to veteran users. My team is now third, but I expect us to fall to the fifth place and lose in a wildcard round for a lotto pick so one of them likely will be drafted by the Reign too.

Other first round draftees?

We also have good draftees for a second half of the first round. Arvid Aamo who's trying to take the #1 goalie draftee position from Sterling; Harding a.k.a. Dennis is looking decent as well; Rockstar is trying to finally make a reliable player in Vega; the new Oslo GM with Kovalev came out later than others, but already looks fine; and another defensive Jokinen...although I'm not sure about his draft position. If Davos GM sells a S61 first for finally competing, Alvaro may even fall to fourth or so round to just be drafted by the Dynamo.

What about first gens?

We've had a lot of first gens from YouTube or other sites, but only couple of them are still here. The best of them is Jacob Smith with 49 TPE, but Robert Malenko is not far behind with 47 TPE (btw, he didn't claim his rookie profile TPE yet). Both of them are defs btw. Then we have Ryan Skinner and Greg Santos with both having 43 TPE. You could say that Greg would have a hard time to make into the VHL league, but he's actually in a decent position now. After S60, four team will need goalies so it's not that hard. Another mention goes to Wold Edmunds who stil pops in.

Positions?

Pretty much every position is represnted well...every but a right wing. Right now only Kovalev looks good, even though we can argue about Preencarnation who still didn't claim TPE from media and other things. But this position is still meh compared to others so far.

Dark horses?

Mikka Pajari could end up as a decent player is Devise wouldn't lose an interest too early; aforementioned Preencarnation could be another interesting draftee. Lev Bronstein a.k.a stevo could finally make a fine def player once again if keeps up with claiming welfare.

I also should mention about Chat - the league had some hype about this player when the chat was brought back, but seems like it didn't bring back much interest to eaglesfan anyway. sad life.

This was the short preview of the S61 draft or whatever you want to call it. See ya in draft young guns.

That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE goes to Krīgars

tagging a bunch of members, showing some love

@Beketov @Will @street @Victor @Daniel @iRockstar @.sniffuM @Ahma @Laflamme @Tagger @Devise @troy @eaglesfan036 @Wolf Edmunds @rampagemaster @jacobaa19 @pennypenny

2 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

jMUahYz.png

It's been a while when I picked a player in a draft. The last one was Niko Bogdanovic in S55 with 6th OV and it ended up perfectly. But for now Riga is slowly is going out of competition and I also will have three firsts in the S61 draft. We're now waiting for more professional draftee rankings look from @BluObieZ, but I'm going to do some draft notes for myself here.

TOP guys?

I think we have an established TOP 4 draftees. Thompson, Gate, Sterling and Cast are likely fighting for being a first OV pick due to veteran users. My team is now third, but I expect us to fall to the fifth place and lose in a wildcard round for a lotto pick so one of them likely will be drafted by the Reign too.

Other first round draftees?

We also have good draftees for a second half of the first round. Arvid Aamo who's trying to take the #1 goalie draftee position from Sterling; Harding a.k.a. Dennis is looking decent as well; Rockstar is trying to finally make a reliable player in Vega; the new Oslo GM with Kovalev came out later than others, but already looks fine; and another defensive Jokinen...although I'm not sure about his draft position. If Davos GM sells a S61 first for finally competing, Alvaro may even fall to fourth or so round to just be drafted by the Dynamo.

What about first gens?

We've had a lot of first gens from YouTube or other sites, but only couple of them are still here. The best of them is Jacob Smith with 49 TPE, but Robert Malenko is not far behind with 47 TPE (btw, he didn't claim his rookie profile TPE yet). Both of them are defs btw. Then we have Ryan Skinner and Greg Santos with both having 43 TPE. You could say that Greg would have a hard time to make into the VHL league, but he's actually in a decent position now. After S60, four team will need goalies so it's not that hard. Another mention goes to Wold Edmunds who stil pops in.

Positions?

Pretty much every position is represnted well...every but a right wing. Right now only Kovalev looks good, even though we can argue about Preencarnation who still didn't claim TPE from media and other things. But this position is still meh compared to others so far.

Dark horses?

Mikka Pajari could end up as a decent player is Devise wouldn't lose an interest too early; aforementioned Preencarnation could be another interesting draftee. Lev Bronstein a.k.a stevo could finally make a fine def player once again if keeps up with claiming welfare.

I also should mention about Chat - the league had some hype about this player when the chat was brought back, but seems like it didn't bring back much interest to eaglesfan anyway. sad life.

This was the short preview of the S61 draft or whatever you want to call it. See ya in draft young guns.

That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE goes to Krīgars

tagging a bunch of members, showing some love

@Beketov @Will @street @Victor @Daniel @iRockstar @.sniffuM @Ahma @Laflamme @Tagger @Devise @troy @eaglesfan036 @Wolf Edmunds @rampagemaster @jacobaa19 @pennypenny

Professional notes. Hahaha. Gonna turn the ranking system on its head.