Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 4/29/2024 at 7:16 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1.     Who do you think was the team MVP this season? Why?

2.     Unsung hero is such a hard award to hand out so why don`t you tell me who you think our unsung hero was this season and why?

3.     With seven rookies on the team it made it feel more like a episode of survivor when trying to determine who the ROY should be for the Wolves; Who do you think is this season ROY? Why?

4.     Three Stars award is always interesting so without looking at the awards, who do you think won the 3 Stars award this season and why? (it might surprise you)

5.     Clearly Liv Slater is going to win a few awards tonight so which awards do you think she took home?

6.     Looking ahead to next season, What do you think the team needs to make the playoff next season?

1. Liv Slater for having a great year on the back end.

2. Dalkr Vidarsson Despite not having a winning record he put up good individual numbers.

3.  My pick is Logan Ninefingers 32 goals and over 60 points as a rookie is a great start to a career.

4. I would guess Liv Slater she had a great year.

5. Best defenseman for sure.

6. More growth from all the players.

1.     Who do you think was the team MVP this season? Why?

Since it was a losing campaign I'll go with the person who did well.on tye uce and kept spirits up in the locker room, Logan Ninefingers @Scurvy.

2.     Unsung hero is such a hard award to hand out so why don`t you tell me who you think our unsung hero was this season and why?

Our unsung hero in my kind was @wcats who hung in there even when their ice time was down and always gave 100% on the ice. They have a bright future ahead of them 

3.     With seven rookies on the team it made it feel more like a episode of survivor when trying to determine who the ROY should be for the Wolves; Who do you think is this season ROY? Why?

I think it gies to Ninefingers but Martin, Carstein and Gavilrovs all have strong cases too. 

4.     Three Stars award is always interesting so without looking at the awards, who do you think won the 3 Stars award this season and why? (it might surprise you)

i'll go with Liv Slater since she's our highest tpe player and likely mist consistent. My second guess would be Left Alone.

5.     Clearly Liv Slater is going to win a few awards tonight so which awards do you think she took home?

Top defender and best captain ;)

6.     Looking ahead to next season, What do you think the team needs to make the playoff next season?

More internal growth and some shrewd moves from the GM to improve the team. Last off-seasons effort wasn't enough. 

Stanley Cup Playoffs Hockey GIF by NHL

Continental Cup Finals and the others!!

Here we are likely in the final week of the season with the finals looking to wrap up sometime this week. I heard that the other leagues are done or likely done today; does anyone know what happened in those Finals? Are we looking forward this week? I know I am as I could care less about the finals except for the Draft Lottery as I am excited for the Wolves. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Who do you think wins the finals? (You will be traded if you answer the Bears)

2.     Who do you think wins the Daisuke Kanou Trophy? (other than Jesse Teno)

3.     Is there any player on either of the two teams that you would love to see lift the Continental Cup? Why? (Wann Kerr)

4.     Does anyone know who won the Founder`s Cup this season and was it a good series?

5.     VHLE Finals: I know someone is up 3-1; How is leading and how many games before they lift the cup?

6.     Draft Lottery: If Vancouver Wolves win the draft lottery and have a chance to select 1st overall; what would you do if you were the GM?

image.jpeg.121040318858797a67892f599f85db00.jpeg

@okochastar@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Scurvy@Minebro@Smarch@GoalPlays@Sullvino@Subject056@Dom@wcats@Girts@KaleebtheMighty@Trepagoat@Demko@Noodle Enjoyer

12 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1.     Who do you think wins the finals? (You will be traded if you answer the Bears)

3.     Is there any player on either of the two teams that you would love to see lift the Continental Cup? Why? (Wann Kerr)

4.     Does anyone know who won the Founder`s Cup this season and was it a good series?

5.     VHLE Finals: I know someone is up 3-1; How is leading and how many games before they lift the cup?

6.     Draft Lottery: If Vancouver Wolves win the draft lottery and have a chance to select 1st overall; what would you do if you were the GM?

1.  London all the way

2. Summers from Warsaw deserves some noise.  Held that team together and made them competitive.

3. Wann Kerr for sure.  Good teammate and great locker room presence.

4. Saskatoon won 4-0.  Real upset and my buddy Thunder got a cup

5. Oslo wins tonight

6. Pierre Marc Bouchard!!  easy pick.  Bollos de Trueno at #2.  BUT, Goncalves is a pretty solid pick too

On 5/6/2024 at 7:21 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Here we are likely in the final week of the season with the finals looking to wrap up sometime this week. I heard that the other leagues are done or likely done today; does anyone know what happened in those Finals? Are we looking forward this week? I know I am as I could care less about the finals except for the Draft Lottery as I am excited for the Wolves. Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

@okochastar@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Scurvy@Minebro@Smarch@GoalPlays@Sullvino@Subject056@Dom@wcats@Girts@KaleebtheMighty@Trepagoat@Demko@Noodle Enjoyer

1. London. Whew now I won't be traded... yet

2. W14, With 10 OT loses it appears, a few of those go into the win column and he might have a better chance

3. Our old friend Nick Sansoe

4. What's the Founders Cup. It was a series of hockey alright!

5. At least Cologne didn't win from the 2 seconds I looked. 

6. Trade the pick to the highest bidder

On 5/6/2024 at 6:21 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1.  Seeing as how I'm later to answer this and the series is over. I will pick season is thrown out and no one wins.

2. Daryl Dixon

3. I can't say that I do.

4. I didn't watch the VHLM at all I'm afraid.

5. Oslo's Offense has allowed them to dominate Vasteras.

6. The team is in such a good spot right now you could do almost anything with it including entertaining trade offers.

On 5/6/2024 at 9:21 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. Not the Bears then. Anyone but the bears. I love it here. 

2. I have no idea wtf this is so I will say Wann Kerr because he's the one guy I know in the finals. 

3. Yes Wann Kerr, former teammate on my last player, he's great. 

4. Again I have no idea, so let's say one of the teams in the league that awards that cup won it. Geeze you're showing how clueless I am, thanks. 

5. The team that is leading will lift the cup in 5 games. 

6. I would take one of our GM's players and to decide I would make them play a 7 game series on NHL 24 or whatever most recent game they both have. 

1.     Who do you think wins the finals? (You will be traded if you answer the Bears)

London. Please god be London! Wait it was the Bears? Fuck. 

2.     Who do you think wins the Daisuke Kanou Trophy? (other than Jesse Teno)

I think Kerr had the most dominant post season but a Bears player might have the edge for winning a cup..

3.     Is there any player on either of the two teams that you would love to see lift the Continental Cup? Why? (Wann Kerr)

@VattghernCZ he's worked so hard and been such a force in the league throughout his career if Kerr retires with no cup I'm going to be seriously depressed.

It was not a good series since Soju was eliminated rather easily by Saskatoon. Then they went on to whip everyone elses butt 

5.     VHLE Finals: I know someone is up 3-1; How is leading and how many games before they lift the cup?

Oslo was leading and then they won. Wish Cologne would have gone further as Oaks was starting to come into their own after a tough regular season. 

6.     Draft Lottery: If Vancouver Wolves win the draft lottery and have a chance to select 1st overall; what would you do if you were the GM?

I would select that Bouchard kid. But Wolves select 4th and 5th, and now we pray. 

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Wann Kerr)

@VattghernCZ he's worked so hard and been such a force in the league throughout his career if Kerr retires with no cup I'm going to be seriously depressed.

He's been in the finals three or four times, at some point we have to admit he's just not good enough, he's a wanker after all :kekw:

22 hours ago, Frank said:

It was not a good series since Soju was eliminated rather easily by Saskatoon. Then they went on to whip everyone elses butt 

Are you saying @Thunder kicked the crap out of both of us!! Ugh!! Don`t tell him that!! 😁 Also shows how much I was paying attention to my new player and the VHLM play-offs!! LOL!!

21 hours ago, VattghernCZ said:

He's been in the finals three or four times, at some point we have to admit he's just not good enough, he's a wanker after all :kekw:

Are you saying Pierre Emile Bouchard was also a Wanker at heart? I think I went to the finals four of the nine season but only claimed a single cup.

Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Posted (edited)

John C Reilly Trade GIF by Dynasty Drunks

Trades, Changes and drama?

Okay, let me start off with the fact that I am typing this is a car with Mt. Fuji to my left and Castle to my right; which is one of the most unique places that I have done anything for the VHL. More on this later maybe but please excuses any of this writing that doesn`t make sense or spelling but that isn`t down to location I am just horrible!! Huge trades around the league with Vancouver Wolves heart and center as usually. Yes, we haven`t traded the captain yet!! But as players come in; it means likely players out. First overall pick switched hands around the drama of an UFA player and more in this week’s press conference… Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Where is the weird place you did anything for the VHL to earn the TPE of the week?

2.     The Undertake has joined us from D.C. Dragons in Mark Calaway @Beketov; Do you watch wrestling and what do you think of this trade for the Wolves?

3.     Owen Lazaro @traphag joins the team from Helsinki Titans in a trade that I was pushing for so what do you think of the trade and the fact that it was a three-way trade?

4.     Last player added but I think can have a huge impact on the season was The Frenchman @OrbitingDeath also from D.C. Dragons; so once again what do you think of the overall trade?

5.     With all the trading we also said good bye to  Vlad Von Carstein @Dom, DB IV @wcats and Mikko Borisyuk @Minebro; Who are we going to miss the most and why?

6.     Have you been following any of the drama around Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard, the conditional pick from last season between Helsinki Titans and Moscow Menace that led to Grimgor Ironhide being traded to Davos for the 1st overall? Explain to me what you think has happened?

Are we contenders? I think we are!!

Pbs Nature Winter GIF by Nature on PBS

Let hurry up and get the season started!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

27 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Are you saying Pierre Emile Bouchard was also a Wanker at heart? I think I went to the finals four of the nine season but only claimed a single cup.

Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

My brother in wa-... That would sound weird :kekw:

4 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1.     Where is the weird place you did anything for the VHL to earn the TPE of the week?

2.     The Undertake has joined us from D.C. Dragons in Mark Calaway @Beketov; Do you watch wrestling and what do you think of this trade for the Wolves?

3.     Owen Lazaro @traphag joins the team from Helsinki Titans in a trade that I was pushing for so what do you think of the trade and the fact that it was a three-way trade?

4.     Last player added but I think can have a huge impact on the season was The Frenchman @OrbitingDeath also from D.C. Dragons; so once again what do you think of the overall trade?

5.     With all the trading we also said good bye to  Vlad Von Carstein @Dom, DB IV @wcats and Mikko Borisyuk @Minebro; Who are we going to miss the most and why?

6.     Have you been following any of the drama around Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard, the conditional pick from last season between Helsinki Titans and Moscow Menace that led to Grimgor Ironhide being traded to Davos for the 1st overall? Explain to me what you think has happened?

1.  Hmmm.  Probably a hotel room in Dallas while on vacation with my wife and daughter.  While they went to the pool I typed my media spot, PC, and, VHL article so that Brian Payne could get TPE.

2. This trade was AWESOME.  Amazing DMAN to join Liv on the back end to dominate.  I don't watch wrestling. I did when I was a kid but it was Hulk Hogan days.

3. Tough to lose VVC but a great trade overall.  50 goal scorer and we didn't lose any first round picks this year.

4. Again,  amazing trade.  Orbiting death is a legend and when I joined the league his player, Duncan Idaho was tearing up the league so always great to get a player who is hall of fame bound.

5. Prob VVC. We were drafted together and played on Bratislava and won a championship.  

6. I am not sure.  I did see in the trade post that Spartan thanked him for player there and said hopefully his stats would improve somewhere else.  Maybe Frost was upset at his lack of production ??? Havent payed close attention to it. 

6 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I don't watch wrestling, but it's been fun playing alongside Bek for the last seasons of my career, glad he also joined the wolves

Couldn't be more excited to end my career with the Wolves, lets hope to repeat the success i had with Maximoff when this franchise was still in QC

it must be that latvian temper of his, it was a 50% chance drama would happen with  @FrostBeard

On 5/13/2024 at 11:31 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Okay, let me start off with the fact that I am typing this is a car with Mt. Fuji to my left and Castle to my right; which is one of the most unique places that I have done anything for the VHL. More on this later maybe but please excuses any of this writing that doesn`t make sense or spelling but that isn`t down to location I am just horrible!! Huge trades around the league with Vancouver Wolves heart and center as usually. Yes, we haven`t traded the captain yet!! But as players come in; it means likely players out. First overall pick switched hands around the drama of an UFA player and more in this week’s press conference… Answer three questions for one TPE or all six for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1. The toilet? I don't think I do VHL stuff outside of Work. So technically I get paid to do VHL PTs including today doing this PC. 

2. I will watch wrestling with another previous VHL member when we play madden on Monday nights, when there is no other sports on TV.

3. 3 team trades other than this off-season are quite rare in the VHL, so it was cool to see. 

4. Green, seems to make some quality players in the VHL over the course of his VHL career, so I assume he'll have a big impact on the team this season. 

5. All three will be equally missed, tough to trade young player away but with a big draft class of the same players, someone likely had to be moved to allow salary cap relief moving forward. 

6. I don't know what you are even talking about. I'm not sure I even know frostbeards player was Ironside. Much like he likely has no clue I exist in the league. 

On 5/13/2024 at 10:31 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1) Right now, at a life surge event in Kent, WA…at ShowWare center…home of the Seattle Thunderbirds!

2) Love the “taker”! Excited to join the new blood in Van! 
3) Love the trade, right up there with trading for Rippy Dubs! 
4) The man from France is a legend! Excited to lace em up with him!

5) Miss them all and wish them well! 
6) I have not followed it, but Rip loves some drama! 

On 5/13/2024 at 10:31 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. As I've not been here for very long I've done all my stuff at my desktop so far.

2. I haven't watched wrestling since the early 2000's. The trade makes our blueline elite.

3. Three way trades are always awesome, with an add like this we should have one of the best rosters this year.

4. With all these adds it's postseason or bust

5. As I never got to play with any of them I don't have on I'll miss the most

6. I have no idea and I don't really plan on speculating.

• Commissioner
On 5/14/2024 at 2:31 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

I mean after all these years I've basically done stuff everywhere as one would expect haha. I used to do PT's in class, on the bus, in the bathroom, basically anywhere and everywhere.

I definitely don't watch as much as I used to but I obviously did name my player, in a way, after Taker so I still watch some of the good matches when I get a chance to do so. As for the trade, clearly and overpayment, player is not worth it at all :P

I hate all 3-way deals on principle and therefore hate this one, sorry but just simmer bias. We need to make a way to make it easier to see which player came from where because man fuck trying to process 3 ways when you don't know every player on every team which I clearly do not.

@OrbitingDeath  just missed me so much for that like day that he had to follow me to the other end of the continent and across country lines, I get it. We tended to get along well in DC so hopefully we can keep that going in Vancouver.

I mean unfortunately as someone who came in via one of those trades I can't accurately answer this so I pick Dom because his name came first, that seems fair.

So I have a bit of inside information on this assuming I can remember it all as Spartan had asked me about it. Something about a conditional trade or whatnot but he didn't have the cap for him so the condition had to go unmet. I'm realizing I remember fewer details than I thought I did... but fuck conditional deals as much as 3 way trades.

On 5/14/2024 at 12:31 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1). Since I travel a lot, hotel rooms across the east coast of the USA. Always somewhere new or a different hotel lol.

2). It’s a great trade, but the longevity of it has yet to be seen. For this season, however, our defensive group is now arguably the best in the VHL!

3). Putting on my player hat here, I understand why it was done and am glad to have some great offense now in front of Vidarsson!

4). A great veteran piece to push us forward in the playoffs!

5). I think it’s always a bummer to send people out and am sad for each of these players. It’s a tough business but it had to be done.

6). Nope, didn’t really pay attention to all of this and am in my ignorance is bliss vibe right now 😎

On 5/14/2024 at 1:31 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. Probably in the car while driving, which seems dangerous but I'm still alive. 

2. Always been a big fan of the undertaker. Excited to bring in Calaway he's a superstar and huge addition. Great move. 

3. Lazaro is an incredible player, I'm excited to have him on the Wolves now, I forgot mention him in my article because you guys made so many moves I can barely keep track! 

4. Frenchman is a great player and a player we needed on offense, excellent move. 

5. I will miss all those guys, I became brothers with them and was looking fwd to winning with them but the business of hockey is tough, we made the team better in the present and still have a future core, so that's how it goes sometimes, wish them all the best! 

6. I have no idea what your talking about, but Grimgor Ironhide is a pretty bad ass name so I'd probably side with him based on that alone.  

slim shady eminem GIF

Draft, Off-season Tournaments & Controversy!!

Wow, The VHL draft and the lesser VHLE draft took place almost a full week ago and this lazy off-season AGM has finally decided to ask you for some of your thoughts around the draft. WJC is also kicking off with a few prospects taking part, ProAM is wrapping up or wrapped and the JST was …… We continue to wait for the season but that should start next week; maybe? Answer three questions for one TPE or all six questions for two TPE. As always have fun!!

1.     Did you actively take part in watching this season VHL draft? And what did you think about the two players that Vancouver selected?

2.     Broadcaster mentioned Goaltending controversy likely coming to the Vancouver Wolves due to our second pick of Soju; Do think this will be the situations? Why or Why not?

3.     Broadcaster also mentioned this AGM being disappointed or should be put out when his player was selected 3rd overall since he bleeds black & grey of the Wolves? Do you think this is situation that this AGM is disappointed and should managers be disappointed when they are drafted to a different team than the team that they are managing?

4.     Did anyone actively take part in the ProAM tournament or even know it was happening? What is a better way to make this tournament more engaging?

5.     JST is another interesting tournament that took place as it does most off-season and while I feel like it is a good idea to have a tournament to keep interest in new members higher, It feels like it is starting to fall flat. How would try to bring interest back into the JST tournament and what would you change?

6.     WJC championship should have kicked off by now so are you actively following the tournament or any of the prospects in the tournament? Which team in any or which prospect if any?

7.     Bonus: Since I am being lazy this week, tell me what would be a great article for the VSN to cover during the off-season Or an article that might be interesting topic to cover in the future? Why?

Come on Regular season....

On My Way Roadtrip GIF by Gone to the Snow Dogs

@OrbitingDeath @Noodle Enjoyer@Scurvy@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Subject056@Girts@okochastar@Beketov@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@Trepagoat@Demko@ethan tustain

1.     Did you actively take part in watching this season VHL draft? And what did you think about the two players that Vancouver selected?

I got onto twitch late because my fat ass was late coming home from the fruit stand and by the time I got on, the picks were in for Vancouver.  As far as the picks, I think Frank is taking a big risk picking Bollos de Trueno before Soju.  

2.     Broadcaster mentioned Goaltending controversy likely coming to the Vancouver Wolves due to our second pick of Soju; Do think this will be the situations? Why or Why not?

No, I think there is a good reason Frank picked Soju and things will work out real good for Vancouver with however it plays out.  Other than Dalkr Vidarsson having a long fricking name that makes it hard to spell, I think Frank will make sure Dalkr is successful with Vancouver.

3.     Broadcaster also mentioned this AGM being disappointed or should be put out when his player was selected 3rd overall since he bleeds black & grey of the Wolves? Do you think this is situation that this AGM is disappointed and should managers be disappointed when they are drafted to a different team than the team that they are managing?

There’s a reason Pierre was selected 3rd in VHL and 1st in VHLE, he’s a stud.  He should have been picked 1st overall.  As far as disappointed, yeah, he should be disappointed for being such a high caliber player!!  I can say this because my player got on Vancouver!!  But at least Trueno and Pierre get to play on Bratislava together for a season.  Who knows, Frank might be wheeling and dealing to get Pierre where he belongs, Vancouver.  Scurvy said Frank’s a magician.

4.     Did anyone actively take part in the ProAM tournament or even know it was happening? What is a better way to make this tournament more engaging?

I signed up and tried to pay attention to what was going on.  I look at it multiple times a day when I jump on discord.

5.     JST is another interesting tournament that took place as it does most off-season and while I feel like it is a good idea to have a tournament to keep interest in new members higher, It feels like it is starting to fall flat. How would try to bring interest back into the JST tournament and what would you change?

Maybe have it so that its not an extra sign up and all the juniors are in it.  I dont know…. 

6.     WJC championship should have kicked off by now so are you actively following the tournament or any of the prospects in the tournament? Which team in any or which prospect if any?

I look at it every time I get on discord.  There’s so much to look at these days!!  Team World of course!!

7.     Bonus: Since I am being lazy this week, tell me what would be a great article for the VSN to cover during the off-season Or an article that might be interesting topic to cover in the future? Why?

Are you a VSN writer too?  Well here’s a good one for you that could be interesting…. Why is Rip Wheeler so fickle with earning TPE.  Talks with a forked tongue and promises to start earning but he’s got pussy on the brain and can’t seem to get his hands off her long enough to build his player like he should be.  If VHL was a virtual sex game, he’d win every trophy.

26 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

slim shady eminem GIF

Draft, Off-season Tournaments & Controversy!!

Wow, The VHL draft and the lesser VHLE draft took place almost a full week ago and this lazy off-season AGM has finally decided to ask you for some of your thoughts around the draft. WJC is also kicking off with a few prospects taking part, ProAM is wrapping up or wrapped and the JST was …… We continue to wait for the season but that should start next week; maybe? Answer three questions for one TPE or all six questions for two TPE. As always have fun!!

7.     Bonus: Since I am being lazy this week, tell me what would be a great article for the VSN to cover during the off-season Or an article that might be interesting topic to cover in the future? Why?

Come on Regular season....

On My Way Roadtrip GIF by Gone to the Snow Dogs

@OrbitingDeath @Noodle Enjoyer@Scurvy@traphag@Smarch@ScottyP@Subject056@Girts@okochastar@Beketov@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@KaleebtheMighty@Thunder@Trepagoat@Demko@ethan tustain

1) No…both are great players…especially excited for Thunder! 
2) Iron sharpens iron! I don’t think they’ll be a controversy, but hopefully a little competition with bring out the best in everyone! 
3) Every closed door is a new opportunity to smash it open! Make the best of whatever team you go through. 
4) I did not, having Sharky bust my balls more would probably help. 
5) Same as #4. 
6) No, I’ll look into it though! 
7) Why is sharky aka thunder so obsessed with throwing stones at the king (rip)…his player isn’t even in the show yet and he’s the biggest hater I know! 

26 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1.  I watched until Trueno was picked and then went back to work.  Spot checked it after.

2. I don't think so.  It will all work out

3. I was disappointed we didn't get Pierre.  I don't think Managers should be disappointed really.  Makes it more interesting than always getting your own player on clubs you manage.  But what do I know.  I don't manage

4. I am in it.  It's a total brawl fest and Ninefingers playing well but off-season is starting to get to me even with the tournament.  

5. I haven't watched it at all.  It's flat for sure and something needs to be done to spice it up.  Not sure what.  Create more of a rivalry between teams maybe

6. None.  Forgot it was even happening.  Team USA always tho

7 Hmmmm....  Toughest teams,  teams with deepest depth, Best stay at home Dmen in the league,  Future watch (prospects highlights).