Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

On 12/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending January 2nd

(Answer all 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. First and foremost, welcome back from the Christmas break! Did you have a good Christmas?

2. Alex TheGreat has had a tremendous season for us thus far, with only two players in the VHLM being within 20 points of his 114 points scored to date. How do you rate his award chances heading into the final stretch of the season?

3. Thomas Price has also been one of the best goalies in the league this season, sitting second in the league in save percentage and GAA. How much confidence does it give you heading into a game knowing that we have a goalie like Price between the sticks?

4. We've recently had to release a couple of players for reasons beyond our control, but if you could name one VHLM player you would have loved to replace them, which would it have been?

5. What is your VHL New Years resolution?

6. What is your real New Years resolution?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @Budnik @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Patty @PuckyMcStick   @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi @Rhynex Entertainment @Crstats23 @Kendrick

1. Christmas low-key, but it was good!

2. I would rate them very high, he seems like he has a legit chance at taking home extra hardware this season.

3. When you have someone back there that will make up for your defensive mistakes, it does make it a bit easier to perform under pressure.

4. I'm new to the team so replacing anyone with me might have been the best decisions but that's just my opinion.

5. To score more goals and to realize my potential and go after it!

6. To only drink water and live a healthier life in general. We only get one body, gotta treat it right.

7 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending January 9

1. Happy New Years Aces!! How was your New Years, what did you do?

2. With playoffs around the corner, how do you think the team will perform?

3. In our first series against the Saskatoon Wild, how will we do? Sweep? Get Swept? etc.

4. Do you have any goals set for your player for playoffs?

5. With Mubble taking over as GM, what is one piece of advice you could give him?

6. Tell me your favourite animal! Hamsters/guinea pigs don't count, they're gross.

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @Budnik @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Patty @PuckyMcStick   @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi @Rhynex Entertainment @Crstats23 @Kendrick 

1. New years was well! I went on a nice little vacation. Great time.

2. I believe we can make a deep run this year. We have a solid team.

3. I think it will take an extra game, but we will come out victorious for this first round.

4. Play clean…no penalties, win draws, and mitigate errors.

5. Keep in touch with the players as daily ss possible, have a close relationship with us guys!

6. Dog. Man’s best friend.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:16 AM, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Shovel snow 😓

2. Win it all

3. In our first series against the Saskatoon Wild, how will we do? Sweep? Get Swept? etc.

3. Bring out the broom

4. Be dominant, more hits than pims

5. With Mubble taking over as GM, what is one piece of advice you could give him?

5. Draft AirRig in the upcoming VHLM draft

6. Tell me your favourite animal! Hamsters/guinea pigs don't count, they're gross.

6. Guinea Hamsters :P jk

On 1/2/2022 at 8:16 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

Damn, I almost forgot to sneak in here. But since I drafted like half your team to the JST. I might as well get back in here.

1. Ate some nice food, drank some nice cider. Other than that I treat New Years like any other day.

2. You guys will crush it. LV for the win!

3. Swippety Swooty, you're coming for that Booty (not the one that's against the COC, the pirate one) or in plain english, you'll sweep em.

4. I'm working on my golf handicap. It's going terrible! Because I'm in Sweden and everything is covered in ice.

5. Keep your tea safe from dylan, and for the love of god do something about The Board Game Clue On Skates' drug addiction!

6. Cat>Raven>Jackdaw>Velociraptor. Weird list, but that's what I'm going with!

On 1/2/2022 at 11:16 AM, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. It was very low key but it was very nice, went to friends house and him and his wife and I all relaxed

2. I think we have a good roster so I see us going all the way with our depth

3. We won't get swept but we won't sweep. Its hard to sweep in the postseason

4. I just want to support the team and not be a liability. I would love to win all my draws

5. Be patient in your reactions, but quick in your approach. Think before the other team does

6. Dogs. They are mans best friend. However I do love Elephants

On 1/2/2022 at 2:16 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

Ended up spending most of the night monitoring a concert so it was a little hectic but fun nonetheless.

With this team, we can definitely take it all the way to the top!

At most, we might drop one game but there's a solid chance we're gonna sweep them!

If I can keep the opposing teams under 2 goals per game, I'll be happy.

You'll be fine! Just keep an eye out for any suspicious people lurking in the GM's office. They're friendly until you turn your back to them!

Red pandas. There is nothing else.

Thanks happy new year to you also! Girts Galvins had a pretty chill night, couple close friends, a few drinks and watched the ball drop. 

I think we will perform great, we finished the season on fire and should be able to take out anyone we play, even the Lynx. 

Saskatoon is no push over so I think it will be competitive but I think we'll win in less than 6 games. 

I just want to help the team win games and maybe scored a few clutch goals in the playoffs.

Mubble has been a big help to me this season, so my advice is just keep doing what you're doing. Also I must say ajwllmsn has also been great and I'm sad to see him go, awesome work man and thank you. 

Favorite animal is a grizzly bear, nobody messes with them and they get to sleep like 6 months out of the year. Sign me up. 

On 1/2/2022 at 2:16 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Just had a relaxing day 

2. already on to the semifinals and the team has performed great

3. I’m late we swept them

4. score more points then I did after the trade deadline 

5. stay the course and stick to what’s worked 

6. dogs easily dogs 

It was alright said cause got covid two days later. I celebrated with my family.

The team is so ready to win a Chip!

SWEEEEEEEEPPPPP

Best Goalie in Playoffs.

Always be ready for anything

Haha hmmm tough one got to go dog tho

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending January 16

1. BIG SWEEP! First round resulted in a sweep against Saskatoon. What has been our success so far through these playoffs?

2. How has your player been performing?

3. We're 2-2 against Philadelphia this series, what can we do to win and move onto the finals?

4. If you could, which NHL player would you choose to be your player in the VHL? I would choose Alex Ovechkin, 99 scoring attribute for sure.

5. What is your favourite sport besides hockey? I love football (American football). Also do love soccer.

6. Out of these three meats, you have to choose one to never eat again for the rest of your life: Chicken, Steak, Pork.

@Budnik @hcrooster96 @Speedster69 @Julien_Bernier @CDS_Leb @Max77 @Dtayl @Alex Thegreat @BenTheViking64 @Kendrick @Girts @Crstats23 @jacobaa19 @Patty @Rhynex Entertainment @Kairi @PuckyMcStick @The_happy_apple2 @dylanjj37 @Zyrok @Da Trifecta @ClarkClanT @Thunderidge

7 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. BIG SWEEP! First round resulted in a sweep against Saskatoon. What has been our success so far through these playoffs?

3. We're 2-2 against Philadelphia this series, what can we do to win and move onto the finals?

4. If you could, which NHL player would you choose to be your player in the VHL? I would choose Alex Ovechkin, 99 scoring attribute for sure.

5. What is your favourite sport besides hockey? I love football (American football). Also do love soccer.

6. Out of these three meats, you have to choose one to never eat again for the rest of your life: Chicken, Steak, Pork.

@Budnik @hcrooster96 @Speedster69 @Julien_Bernier @CDS_Leb @Max77 @Dtayl @Alex Thegreat @BenTheViking64 @Kendrick @Girts @Crstats23 @jacobaa19 @Patty @Rhynex Entertainment @Kairi @PuckyMcStick @The_happy_apple2 @dylanjj37 @Zyrok @Da Trifecta @ClarkClanT @Thunderidge

1. Consistency. We have been player hard and with a purpose which has led us to sweeping

2. There has been plenty of moments my player has contributed, but he can do more. I'd say he is average right now.

3. Stick to our game. If we are playing under our style and terms, we will come out victorious.

4. Anders Lee. Not only am I huge Islanders fan, but his play is the exact style I'd want my player to play; Big net-front presence, scores those gritty goals and plays tough. And I'd hope my players has the quads the size of Ander's.

5. I am a big volleyball guy. Currently playing Division III NCAA Volleyball for my school.

6. Definitely pork. I practically live off of chicken. Steak is simply to die for! 

13 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Heavy scoring from our top line

2. average, too very productive in any aspect

3. get more scoring from the d

4. well my guy is supposed to be a good version of Erik Gudbranson

5. basketball followed by baseball, does track count?

6. steak; can't go without chicken, pork is very good as pigs are the closest to humans which is said that if you eat their organs you replenish your own (disgusting right?), steak is great but I could go without and just drink moo moo milk ;)

On 1/9/2022 at 4:17 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Well we’ve been playin solid hockey in every zone and that’s a big part in our success so far

2. Well I’ve been putting up a solid number of points and playing well in my own end so I’m happy with my play.

3. We have to get back to out game. Consistency is a big thing in this game. If we aren’t consistent we’re done.

4. Gotta go with Shea Weber in his prime. He was a menace and had that booming slap shot.

5. I don’t have one. Honestly, hockey is the only sport I don’t get bored watching. Sometimes basketball but only when the raptors are decent.

6. Porks out of the list right away. Steak or chicken is tough. I’d probably have to take steak though

On 1/9/2022 at 3:17 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

The biggest factor is probably scoring. Our forward lines have turned it up to 11 this post season.

There are some good aspects and some bad. He's made a few too many visits to the box, but I'm liking the defensive stats and the 4 assists are nice to see as well.

Just gotta step up on the defensive end. We haven't been able to support our goalies and the high scoring games are getting a little tight.

A guy I enjoyed watching in his prime was Letang, so I'd bring him into the VHL and make him a two way threat. And also bring that gorgeous flow with him.

I played a lot of sports in high school, so I like everything. I played baseball my whole life so that's probably my favourite sport to play, not to watch though. For watching, I love volleyball since it's always fast and the athleticism the players show is fantastic.

I love all of them, but if I had to give one up, it'll probably end up being pork since it's the one I eat least out of the three.

Awesome sweep, I think our success has been the game plan from our coaches and everyone playing their roles, then of course our 1st line has been on fire so that helps. 

Luckily I've been doing great, I think I'm the leading goal scorer in the playoffs and near the top in points, thanks to my linemates. 

Welp we've won, so whatever you did worked, but I would have said maybe a little mix up in how we play to throw something new at them. 

Ovechkin is a great choice, I want to be a goal scorer also so I'd probably choose him too, but I'll be different and say Kyle Connor, very underrated sniper. Or Patrik Laine in his rookie season. 

Football for me too, then baseball. Hockey Is #1 though for sure. 

Great question, while I love all three, I probably eat pork the fewest of them so I will choose pork. 

Edited by Girts

On 1/9/2022 at 12:17 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Our scoring! The depth no this team in incredible and it shows with a sweep.

2. About what I expected as a rookie coming into his first game play in the playoffs.

3. Score more goals and allow less at our own end, that's the meat and potatoes answer.

4. I would choose Pastrnak because of his unreal ability to find the right open spot for shots

5. Football hands down. I think because of how quick the plays are

6. Easy, I get rid of Chicken. It's the least satisfying taste and you can have both the others in a sandwich without having to put sauce on

Aces_Bar.png

1. The star players stepping up 

2. there’s not a word to describe how bad he is

3. currently down 3-2 in the finals but I know we can still win

4. Connor McDavid too many 99 stats to ignore 

5. American football also watch a little soccer 

6. pork without question, I eat chicken and steak too much to chose them

Aces_Bar.png

Aces_Bar.png

Aces_Bar.png

Aces_Bar.png

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending January 23

1. Las Vegas lost in the Founder's Cup Finals in a 4-2 series. What is your review on this playoff run?

2. How did your player perform during these playoffs?

3. What are the next steps of your player's career? Moving up to VHLE? Returning to the VHLM?

4. How was your time in Vegas this season? I personally had a blast with y'all.

5. Are you watching the NFL wildcard series? Do you have a team you're routing for?

6. Tell me something that's on your bucket list.