HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. What is your players nickname when on the ice?

“Rowdy” Reylynn Reinhart

2. If your player wasn't playing ice hockey what sport would they be playing?

She would be the playing rugby. Reylynn loves contact sports and Rugby is exactly that.

3. Did your player have a back up career if the VHL didn't work out?

She wanted to get into player management. There are too many companies taking advantage of young players. She wants to be able to help these kids manage their finances responsibly.

4. If the VHL brought in injuries as a possibility what do you think is the longest someone should be able to be injured for?

They shouldn’t because it would suck if you were out with a season ending injury. The longest should be a couple games.

5. Who do you think should captain the squad this season?

Taro or Walker!

6. We had two newbies come up to the big leagues what is the Davos hazing ritual

You have to sit in a dark room as hooded members of David chanting the name David towards you for the duration of a night to instil the name David into your soul.

Edited by Ricer13

1. What is your players nickname when on the ice?

Doesn't really have one.  Maybe now that he is in the VHL, his new teammates will give him one over the course of the season.

2. If your player wasn't playing ice hockey what sport would they be playing?

Probably soccer.  Luc always loved it as a kid.

3. Did your player have a back up career if the VHL didn't work out?

No, he developed well enough and kept moving up levels so that he was never forced to think of one.

4. If the VHL brought in injuries as a possibility what do you think is the longest someone should be able to be injured for?

Completely terrible idea in a sim league, of course, but 1 game if it becomes a must.

5. Who do you think should captain the squad this season?

Don't really know the team well enough to say.  Whoever seems to be the older "presence" in the locker room.

6. We had two newbies come up to the big leagues what is the Davos hazing ritual?

About to find out!

For the week ending 5/23:

1. Tax day has come and gone in the US! Hypothetically, if part of your taxes went to the VHL, what would you like to see the league spend its new real-life money on?

2. Time for the usual beginning-of-the-season question: predict your stat line!

3. Which team would you like to see us beat the most this season?

4. You get a personal assistant for a day. What do you have them do?

5. What's something a new league member can do to make a positive first impression?

6. If you've played hockey, what's a piece of advice you have for a first-time player? If you haven't, what position do you think you'd play?

@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma 

5 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Tax day has come and gone in the US! Hypothetically, if part of your taxes went to the VHL, what would you like to see the league spend its new real-life money on?

5. What's something a new league member can do to make a positive first impression?

6. If you've played hockey, what's a piece of advice you have for a first-time player? If you haven't, what position do you think you'd play?

@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma 

1. Charity 

2. One point a game 

3. the best teams 

4. All the things I want haha 

5. do many graphics and talk a lot in discord 

6. just do the best you can every time you jump on the ice ! 

bring back chat!

1G-17A-18P | -10 | 32HITS | 95SB

Fake purple, Helsinki or maybe Seattle. One of those. Fake purple the most.

I'll send them to do some shopping. Maybe cook too.

Being really active and talking to a lot of people, asking questions and doing PTs is a good start.

Don't think too much, don't overcomplicate and most importantly, give your best 110% every shift.

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1) I don't actually know.

2) 15 G, 60 A, 75 P, 5 +-, 275 hits, 160 SB

3) Helsinki I think.

4) Probably chores like cleaning, cooking, shopping. 

5) Being active and doing tasks as well as talking to people. 

6) Focus on skating, the club will come after. And take it easy, there is no hurry in becoming good. The most important thing is to have fun. 

7 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. No idea

2. 10 G 40 A 50 P -1 +/- 75 hits 30 sb

3.  Next season I want to beat Helsinki (Hanks player is on Helsinki next season) and 

4. Depends on the day, But most likely have them help me with Football and Hockey I am really bad at hockey IRL It took me 4 games to score a Goal, I have no assists

5.  Not be super toxic and updating

6.  Dont take lessons for me, I am a crap player. I play D/LW depending on the day

Well this is a tough one. Not entirely sure tbh.

First season so i'd say: 10 G, 7 A, 17 P

Warsaw Predators

All my chorus and errands of course. 

Being active i suppose

I don't play in real life but if I had I'd say a defenseman 

Better sims.

I’m not really sure .

All of them lol 

4. You get a personal assistant for a day. What do you have them do? Build me a pool.

5. What's something a new league member can do to make a positive first impression? Info on the league 

6. If you've played hockey, what's a piece of advice you have for a first-time player? If you haven't, what position do you think you'd play? I’m not sure actually sorry.

1. Tax day has come and gone in the US! Hypothetically, if part of your taxes went to the VHL, what would you like to see the league spend its new real-life money on?

Would like to see constant work out into the forum and portal to make it more user friendly.

2. Time for the usual beginning-of-the-season question: predict your stat line!

25G 46A 71 P

Riga because it’s fun to watch Hedge go on rants about STHS.

I would have them do up my point tasks for the week. 

Show activity. GMs want to see someone who wants to be involved and is asking a lot of questions to get familiar with the league.

I only learned playing as an adult. I don’t have a ton of personal experience. I do have kids that play so from an outside perspective my advice would be not to forget to have fun. Hockey can be taken too seriously sometimes.

Some worthy cause outside of the VHL - feeding the hungry, paying down school lunch debt, etc.

11 Goals, 17 Assists, 28 Points, but I'll do better next season, I promise.  lol

Seattle or Helsinki  lol

Organize the mess that is my home office.

Update consistently.

I'm a terrible skater so I'd have to say goalie, but I'd be terrible there too fielding those whizzing slapshots.

For the week ending 5/30:

1. We haven't gotten off to the best start--we're last in the European Conference (though not last in the league). Do you think sneaking into the playoffs is realistic, or is it clear that we've got another season to develop?

2. With this week came a big giant announcement--the league is restructuring its development league by adding a new tier of development to combat existing roster space issues. What's your opinion of this?

3. Regardless of where past franchises have been located (the most likely places for E league teams), where in Europe would you put a team?

4. Who's your favorite current NHL player?

5. If you follow the NHL, who would you like to see win the cup? If you're not, look up the teams left in the playoffs and say which one has the best logo.

6. What's your idea for a stupid product? It can be anything, as long as it's stupid.

@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr

40 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. We haven't gotten off to the best start--we're last in the European Conference (though not last in the league). Do you think sneaking into the playoffs is realistic, or is it clear that we've got another season to develop?

2. With this week came a big giant announcement--the league is restructuring its development league by adding a new tier of development to combat existing roster space issues. What's your opinion of this?

3. Regardless of where past franchises have been located (the most likely places for E league teams), where in Europe would you put a team?

5. If you follow the NHL, who would you like to see win the cup? If you're not, look up the teams left in the playoffs and say which one has the best logo.

6. What's your idea for a stupid product? It can be anything, as long as it's stupid.

@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr

1. Another season to develop i think .. 

2. it’s nice 

3. Canada(Quebec) 

4. Nick Suzuki 

5. Montreal Canadiens 

6. no idea haha 

We can definitely sneak in, but we need to get our sh*t together. Can't keep playing like this, must improve.

Not necessarily a big fan of it. Let's see how it goes first.

Turku, Finland.!

None other than Carey Price.

Les Habitants of course. But they are in a tough spot right now.

Something that is useless. Simply open up some weird shopping TV channel, and there you go, a useless product lol

16 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

6. What's your idea for a stupid product? It can be anything, as long as it's stupid

1.  It looks like another season but it is still early

2. I like it, It does mimic how professional hockey is. 

3. the balkans, they like fighting

4. Stammer

5.  Tampa Again (Let's Go Bolts!)

6. an Andre the Giant body pillow

22 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. The sim is weird. I think we may have a chance to sneak in, but more than likely it's gonna be another year of development.
2. To me it seems like a short term solution, and just a general expansion would be better, but I guess it also helps weed out the more inactive members and allows for the VHL to be filled with more dedicated players or something along those lines. In general I'm not that big of a fan.
3. Just make an entire new division located in the Balkans. They aren't known as the powderkeg of Europe for nothing.
4. Vrana (I bought a Reverse Retro and it came the day after he was traded 😭)
5. I swear it's gotta be either Minnesota or Winnipeg for the sole reason of their goalies being absolute gods right now.
6. Imposter chicken nuggets in which it's just a box filled with deep-fried nothing. just hollow balls of fried breading with enough structural support that it makes them hold shape so you won't know it's nothing until you bite into them.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:17 AM, GustavMattias said:

I think we need another season I just dont think we are as strong as we could be yet

It may make it more difficult for other teams to get players including us

I would put it in Paris or Dublin

John Tavares is my favorite player

Toronto so I dont get bullied for liking them

A food that tastes horrible and has no nutritional value

. We haven't gotten off to the best start--we're last in the European Conference (though not last in the league). Do you think sneaking into the playoffs is realistic, or is it clear that we've got another season to develop? Who knows maybe I hope so.

2. With this week came a big giant announcement--the league is restructuring its development league by adding a new tier of development to combat existing roster space issues. What's your opinion of this? Didn’t hear about it sorry .

3. Regardless of where past franchises have been located (the most likely places for E league teams), where in Europe would you put a team? Russia.

Bo Horvat

5. If you follow the NHL, who would you like to see win the cup? If you're not, look up the teams left in the playoffs and say which one has the best logo. For Canada Toronto 

Those hands free stick things for your phone lol 

We absolutely need more time to develop. We have a few nice pieces but our team just isnt deep enough to really call us a playoff team.

2. With this week came a big giant announcement--the league is restructuring its development league by adding a new tier of development to combat existing roster space issues. What's your opinion of this?

I personally am in favor of this. It allows the lead to be a little more flexible by having a 3rd league that they can open and close as needed.

I am in favor of the less popular places. It would be fun to have a team somewhere in Ireland, or scotland. They do have some really good options though.

Oh this is tough. I like Elias Petterson in Vancouver. Insane skill and swagger. Hoping they can turn it around soon.

Of the remaining teams I would like to see Carolina or Colorado win. I don't like Boston or Vegas at all so no thanks. I do think Tampa could repeat though.

Pizza scissors! lmao. What the heck is wrong with a normal pizza cutter. who had such a bad experience cutting pizza that they created scissors for it instead Hahaha

1. We haven't gotten off to the best start--we're last in the European Conference (though not last in the league). Do you think sneaking into the playoffs is realistic, or is it clear that we've got another season to develop?

Hard to say. We’ve shown we can at least win some games but I don’t think we’re cut out for the big spotlight just yet. 

2. With this week came a big giant announcement--the league is restructuring its development league by adding a new tier of development to combat existing roster space issues. What's your opinion of this?

I like it. Makes for more competition and an even playing field. 

Spain maybe? Or Greece? 

Can’t say I have a favorite. McDavid I suppose

Team I was rooting for is already out so I guess Toronto.

Hmmmm...I guess self-heating pizza boxes? Always get your pizza served nice and hot on deliver

I don't see us making up enough ground given our current development, but on the the other hand, we aren't all that far off the last playoff team.  I expect we'll be much better next season and a legitimate playoff team the season after next.

TBH, not all that impressed.  Only reason to do this is if VHL rosters are jammed.  I don't think most are, but if they are, I guess they have to do something.

Kraków, Polska.  The Winged Hussars or just the Hussars. 

Jack Hughes

5. If you follow the NHL, who would you like to see win the cup? If you're not, look up the teams left in the playoffs and say which one has the best logo.  I would like to see the Devils win the Cup.  Since they aren't in it, the Canadiens.

Screen doors for a submarine.

For the week ending 6/6:

1. We've had some good sims, some bad sims...well, mostly some bad sims. What's a good way to keep morale up around the clubhouse?

2. You can drop your highest attribute to 40 in exchange for a 200-TPE bonus on your next player. Do you do this? Why or why not?

3. Who would our team's emergency goalie be?

4. What's your favorite NHL player on a team you dislike?

5. What's a place in the world that isn't often thought of as a vacation spot or a touristy area, but that you'd like to see anyway?

6. What's the worst thing you've ever eaten?

1. We've had some good sims, some bad sims...well, mostly some bad sims. What's a good way to keep morale up around the clubhouse?

Having a laugh and good time together. Some pranks here and there. An inspiring speech. A team dinner!

2. You can drop your highest attribute to 40 in exchange for a 200-TPE bonus on your next player. Do you do this? Why or why not?

Nah, I would rather be a solid part of the team for multiple players than one horrible player (defense would be 40) and one super good player.

A 50something year old random rich Swiss banker with mad athletism and intangibles.

I cannot compute such a task. One simply doesn't have a favorite player in Boston. Fuck Boston, fuck the Bruins.

5. What's a place in the world that isn't often thought of as a vacation spot or a touristy area, but that you'd like to see anyway?

Eastern Russia. A Siberian tiger would be fascinating to see live in the wild.

Fast food.

3 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/6:

1.just win 

2. no because défense is important 

3. i dont know 

4. Bergeron in Boston 

5. no idea 

6. dont remember haha never eat something really spécial 

14 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/6:

1. Just tell people we are having a down year lets keep earning for next season

2. I would because I could get it back WITH 120 Extra TPE

3. I have NO idea

4. Any player that cost Montreal a playoff loss against Toronto 

5.  Theres this one medium sized town that has really nice people and a Hotel

6.  Old Plant Burgers the ones that dont taste even CLOSE to burgers unlike the new ones