HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. Let's just say we've had some good sims. What's the best way to keep that momentum going through the whole season?

Head down, keep the feet moving.  Well, not literally head down. Good way to get crushed by one of those goonish D-men.

2. It turns out that the Big Gustav Moves did not stop after the offseason ended, as we just traded for forward Addison McLaren from Toronto! It does come at a cost, though--all of our high picks are gone. Is this worth it?

Not my place to second guess management.  My job is to play the best center I can and focus my energy on on-ice strategy - not roster moves.

3. It occurred to me that I never announced this season's captains. Though we have two captains from previous seasons still in place, one spot remains open! Who would you call the leader of our team (among players not named Taro)?

Doesn't it have to be Reinhart?

4. What's something you hope to accomplish in the next 10 years?

Win a Cup!

5. You can instantly master any one language. Which do you pick and why?
Welsh.  Don't know if it is due to ancestry or whatever, but as I stepped foot in Cymru, I felt "home".

6. Who's your favorite historical figure?

Well, gotta be Jesus, but on a non-religious note I'd say Martin Luther King, Jr. is way up there.  Oh, he was a pastor, so not so non-religious.  lol

On 8/5/2021 at 12:28 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 8/8:

1. Let's just say we've had some good sims. What's the best way to keep that momentum going through the whole season?

2. It turns out that the Big Gustav Moves did not stop after the offseason ended, as we just traded for forward Addison McLaren from Toronto! It does come at a cost, though--all of our high picks are gone. Is this worth it?

3. It occurred to me that I never announced this season's captains. Though we have two captains from previous seasons still in place, one spot remains open! Who would you call the leader of our team (among players not named Taro)?

1. We need a team song to get everyone hyped up about winning. Release some endorphins get hooked on winning

2. I don't know McLaren really needs to pick up his act. I thought they were a good car from 0-100

3. I think Taro

4. A house would be great and start a family get married all the standard stuff

5. Mandarin I think it would give me the most job opportunities 

6. Harold Holt. A man lead a country but disappeared without a trace.

Dont make to many changes. If it’s not broken then don’t fix it. Sometimes making changes can hurt the team.

Its too soon to say. McClaren is a great player but has had poor luck in the VHL. Did we just acquire that bad luck?

Laine has been a strong presence since joining the team. I really love his positive vibe and team first attitude.

I hope to see all my children grow happy and healthy and we can give them the best childhood we can.

Japanese. I started learning in high school but never committed to it. I’d like to learn it now.

History I find boring. It never really interested me. Not a single historical figure is my favourite.

Press Conference

1. What car do you drive?

2. Where is your dream vacation spot?

3. Where would you not want to be on vacation?

4. What is the next position you will make in the VHL?

5. What would be a funny name for a VHL player?

6. The blues are looking for a fourth commish who should get the role?

A rockin' Honda Fit.

Wales

Soviet Union.....oh, I mean Russia....no, I think I mean the Soviet Union.

Maybe D-man, but I don't know.  I love playing on the front line.

Tie Domi.  He's a joke, right?

Anyone but me.

1 hour ago, Berocka said:

Press Conference

1. A Kia Optima 2016 

2. I think it’s like Hawaï it’s a really nice place ! 

3. a place Like Africa or another place not really rich 

4. I don’t know I think I’ll be a forward all the time that’s my favorite position ! 

5. DOUG GLATT !!! 

6. I think ricer could be a good one ! 

Audi

Some Greek island or Gran Canary islands.

England. The idea of going on vacation to England is gloomy and depressing if you ask me.

Defenseman. Like my past few players.

Something that parodies a name of an NHL player.

Hard to say, someone who wants it, has a lot to give to the league and feels like a fit. I trust the current blue team ro choose wisely.

I don't drive, but if I would, it would have to be something like Volvo V40 or Audi A3. Compact but with enough space to not feel limited. I think that is exactly what you want!

Honestly, not a huge guy when it comes to traveling for vacations. I have my sauna house and countryside farmhouse where I have bee hives, if I could just go there and be undisturbed for like a week, what more can you actually ask?

Anywhere where it is hot. I can't stand heat. And yes, I know that beekeepers should have a tolerance for heat but I don't, I just love a small breeze and a chance to wear some of my super cool sweaters and jumpers.

Not sure yet, we shall see how it goes the next season! 

David Berocka. I find it hilarious. 

I believe there is only one option for this. Beaviss. 

I have two vehicles! A 2012 Ford F-150 and a 2017 Chevrolet Cruze. I also drive my work truck which is a 2021 Dodge Ram 1500.

Hawaii. I am a big “Lost” fan and it was filmed in Oahu, Hawaii. I want to go to the “Island”.

Anywhere with to many bugs or large spiders. No offense to Berocka but I have zero interest in visiting Australia.

I am strongly considering a goaltender. It will depend on how full the goalie market is. If it’s too populated I’ll likely make a forward.

I have never been good at coming up with quick and funny names. 

6. The blues are looking for a fourth commish who should get the role

I would love to have that role. I love this league and I would like to be apart of keeping it a sustainable league for the foreseeable future. 

I drive a company vehicle actually, which is a 2019 Chevy Silverado. I beat it up pretty good, put about 5000-6000 km/month on it.

Pretty much anywhere hot. I'd love to check out Bali soon.

I suppose North Korea seems kind of sus.

I'm not sure yet. Probably a forward to switch things up, but I'd be open to being defence again, it's not a super popular position.

Poopy Peepants 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣.

You mean a THIRD commish!?? @Quik 😛

I think I've said this on podcasts before but I'd be down with handing the reins to the likes of @thadthrasher. He and Albert would make a super member combo, and ideally would assassinate @Beketov

I guess @Ricer13 would be fine too.

Hello all! For the week ending 8/22:

1. This week is THEME WEEK! And the topic is VHL Awards. Our topic can sometimes be controversial--do you think the blue team picked out a fun one this week? Why or why not?

2. Speaking of VHL Awards and theme week, have you done a point task on the topic this week (or do you plan to)? If so, what's it about?

3. We've been losing in overtime quite a bit lately. What do you think other teams are doing differently to keep their composure after regulation?

4. Another opportunity for some extra earning came this week when the commissioners asked us for our suggestions on making the league better. Whether or not you've commented in the thread, what's something you'd like to see the league do to improve itself?

5. More on the topic of suggestions, one of mine was to formally rework how press conferences are done--instead of being asked six questions and answering them all and having to wait for questions to go up every week, my idea was to have every post consist of three answers to previous questions and three questions to be answered by someone else, making it so anyone could do a press conference at any time and everyone interacts with someone different every week. This is something we could do informally as well--would you like us to try it, or are you happy with how things are now?

6. Time for a third question about the suggestion thread--go to the thread (here's the link again, also in question 4) and find a suggestion you like. What is it and who made it? Don't be afraid to tag the author for some positive recognition.

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard@Midnite @JardyB10 @tcookie

1. This week is THEME WEEK! And the topic is VHL Awards. Our topic can sometimes be controversial--do you think the blue team picked out a fun one this week? Why or why not?

I think it's fun. Especially the ones that talk about the past, I enjoy those ones more. Awards talk can be fascinating, if the topic chosen for your PT is chosen well. Like, I enjoy reading about the past awards more.

2. Speaking of VHL Awards and theme week, have you done a point task on the topic this week (or do you plan to)? If so, what's it about?

I haven't done one and don't plan to. I don't think I would have anything interesting to talk about in a podcast about awards, past or present.

3. We've been losing in overtime quite a bit lately. What do you think other teams are doing differently to keep their composure after regulation?

I don't necessarily think they do thins that much differently. I think it's simple puck luck and clutch factor. Our on ice leaders might be a bit lacking too in the locker room, the captains don't say much.

4. Another opportunity for some extra earning came this week when the commissioners asked us for our suggestions on making the league better. Whether or not you've commented in the thread, what's something you'd like to see the league do to improve itself?

I commented on it and one the things got implemented instantly. Nice. Contribution! Overall if even a little bit that discord activity could be driven to forum would be awesome.

5. More on the topic of suggestions, one of mine was to formally rework how press conferences are done--instead of being asked six questions and answering them all and having to wait for questions to go up every week, my idea was to have every post consist of three answers to previous questions and three questions to be answered by someone else, making it so anyone could do a press conference at any time and everyone interacts with someone different every week. This is something we could do informally as well--would you like us to try it, or are you happy with how things are now?

I'm happy how things are right now. Because I would struggle really bad trying to figure out 3 questions. It'd be bad and I could very well end up missing some tpe too. If you (Gustav) have a hard time with question, just tell Berocka to make the press conference lol

6. Time for a third question about the suggestion thread--go to the thread (here's the link again, also in question 4) and find a suggestion you like. What is it and who made it? Don't be afraid to tag the author for some positive recognition.

There are many suggestions I like, but I have to go with the 3 weekly stars again. It has potential to drive more interest in the forum if done right.

I think any topic can be fun, even if it's objectively not that good. The onus is on the member to make it good! As for this topic, I think it's a little bit down the middle. Lots of opportunity for some samey takes, but wiggle room to make some good interesting media.

I haven't yet, but I'll be doing a Podcast of course on the topic. Kind of undecided, maybe on the trophy name origins, or maybe a member award ceremony.

Shooting the puck at the net more. 😛

Anything regarding member retention and mentorship. Pretty much everyone is overwhelmed and confused at first, and I think we could do a better job of integrating them into the league.

I think that would be a great fun idea that we could well experiment with! It's perhaps not as clicker friendly, but those folks could still just jack 6 questions and answer them and the REAL MEMBERS could do it properly.

I LITERALLY TALKED ABOUT ALL THIS STUFF IN MY PODCAST GUS. I'll go with what I said there too, I liked @frescoelmo's idea of doing more to facilitate weekly games or some such among the members. We used to have great times playing Haxball and the Swedish Armed Forces Team Test, I think a league sanctioned game night/week/whatever, maybe even involving TPE, would be neat.

18 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I LITERALLY TALKED ABOUT ALL THIS STUFF IN MY PODCAST GUS. I'll go with what I said there too, I liked @frescoelmo's idea of doing more to facilitate weekly games or some such among the members. We used to have great times playing Haxball and the Swedish Armed Forces Team Test, I think a league sanctioned game night/week/whatever, maybe even involving TPE, would be neat.

I am the real BOG

It's ok.  Certainly hockey related and pertinent to the league.  I have been having trouble coming up with something since I don't know that much about the league, but I may have something now.

Probably not.  Already sent in a VHL.com replacement claim.

Ludes?  Truly, I don't know.

4. Another opportunity for some extra earning came this week when the commissioners asked us for our suggestions on making the league better. Whether or not you've commented in the thread, what's something you'd like to see the league do to improve itself?

Player profile pics on the player pages.  Any way to get more graphics on the site.

I'm happy now and I'm game to give it a go.  If I understand though, we might have more hangups than now waiting for someone to post the next three questions.

Some sort of twice-a-year match-up on a mutually agreed sim platform (EA NHL?) between SHL and VHL. Pick an all-star team from each league and have a 7 game series. Can make it into some sort of charity event. Made by McKelvie.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:40 AM, GustavMattias said:

Hello all! For the week ending 8/22:

1. I don't really like it, I think it is too restrictive and doesn't provide too much involvement to others media spots

2. I have done it, it was about GMoTY awards, it is just most improved GM

3. They just win the STHS coin flip

4. A non-draft based VHFL

5. It is a cool idea but you just need a few people who don't want to do it and it would stop working pretty quickly

6. I find that a lot of them have great ideas that the people could implement themselves and everyone collectively could improve the league

It has the potential to be a good one as it would be nice to get varying opinions on each award and how they should be voted upon. 

Yes I have done one. I did a breakdown of my plan for how the Jack Wylde Trophy should be decided on. 

Its all chance. Our team isn’t very deep. Top heavy so if our big guns aren’t putting in work then we suffer.

4. Another opportunity for some extra earning came this week when the commissioners asked us for our suggestions on making the league better. Whether or not you've commented in the thread, what's something you'd like to see the league do to improve itself?

I am going to ask you to refer to the article I wrote if you are curious of what I wrote about. I don’t want to be redundant and type it out again.

5. More on the topic of suggestions, one of mine was to formally rework how press conferences are done--instead of being asked six questions and answering them all and having to wait for questions to go up every week, my idea was to have every post consist of three answers to previous questions and three questions to be answered by someone else, making  it so anyone could do a press conference at any time and everyone interacts with someone different every week. This is something we could do informally as well--would you like us to try it, or are you happy with how things are now?

I would be willing to try that actually. It’s kind of a cool idea :)

6. Time for a third question about the suggestion thread--go to the thread (here's the link again, also in question 4) and find a suggestion you like. What is it and who made it? Don't be afraid to tag the author for some positive recognition.

I really liked Tina’s idea about doing an event for the trade deadline similar to the NHL. Not sure it’s feasible but still a fun idea.

I believe that this is a great Theme Week topic and even though it can be controversial - you know what - who cares, let's just make the most of it!

I have already posted my Theme week article and it will be about the great Malmo Nighthawks legend Ray Sheilds. Goalscoring machine that was one the core players in S75 Cup winning Nighthawks squad

We just have to hit them harder, get some bruises on them and in the end we will win. We have to be as aggressive as we can be to put fear in the eyes of our opponents. 

4. Another opportunity for some extra earning came this week when the commissioners asked us for our suggestions on making the league better. Whether or not you've commented in the thread, what's something you'd like to see the league do to improve itself?
Be more open minded towards different opinions and not try to look for a needle when the haystack has already been taken down and burnt. 

5. More on the topic of suggestions, one of mine was to formally rework how press conferences are done--instead of being asked six questions and answering them all and having to wait for questions to go up every week, my idea was to have every post consist of three answers to previous questions and three questions to be answered by someone else, making it so anyone could do a press conference at any time and everyone interacts with someone different every week. This is something we could do informally as well--would you like us to try it, or are you happy with how things are now?
I believe that this would make Press conferences as a format more interesting and could create a lot of interesting discussions. Generally, I think this would make TPE earning a lot more fun. 

I believe that most of these suggestions written are well thought through so my hat goes to people who didn't just do this for the TPE but actually put some thought in on the ways how to improve the league we all love and enjoy!

For the week ending 8/29:

1. With London selling off some of their assets, the 6th-place team in our conference should be expected to drop off somewhat, meaning that barring anything going horribly wrong...we're in the playoffs for the first time since S73! What's the first thing you're doing to celebrate?

2. I've noticed throughout the season that our power play and penalty kill have been consistently terrible, even though I've been experimenting with our setup there just as much as I've been messing with the regular lines. If we had even average units there, do you think it would make much of a difference in the standings, or are Warsaw and Malmo just too far ahead?

3. With today being deadline day, the team directly below us in the standings in Prague has decided to make some roster moves. Though none are necessarily major, they've improved somewhat. Should we be any more worried about them than before, or is it business as usual?

4. Also with deadline day comes the emergence of recreates! Are there any new players (listed here) that you're particularly excited for?

5. What's a musical artist whose appeal you don't understand?

6. Who's someone you admire who isn't from the USA, Canada, or your own country (if it's neither of those two)?

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard@Midnite @JardyB10 @tcookie

1. With London selling off some of their assets, the 6th-place team in our conference should be expected to drop off somewhat, meaning that barring anything going horribly wrong...we're in the playoffs for the first time since S73! What's the first thing you're doing to celebrate?

Invite some of my closest friends over to share a bottle of fine burgundy.

2. I've noticed throughout the season that our power play and penalty kill have been consistently terrible, even though I've been experimenting with our setup there just as much as I've been messing with the regular lines. If we had even average units there, do you think it would make much of a difference in the standings, or are Warsaw and Malmo just too far ahead?

Might be too far ahead at this point, but one never knows how much ground can be made up.

3. With today being deadline day, the team directly below us in the standings in Prague has decided to make some roster moves. Though none are necessarily major, they've improved somewhat. Should we be any more worried about them than before, or is it business as usual?

Nothing gained by worry.  We've got our roster and now we have to perform on the ice.

4. Also with deadline day comes the emergence of recreates! Are there any new players (listed here) that you're particularly excited for?
Hroch.  Jabs is a good guy and will surely earn well.

Bjork.  Or Yoko Ono.  Of course, you did say "musical" so I'm not sure if either qualifies.  lol

6. Who's someone you admire who isn't from the USA, Canada, or your own country (if it's neither of those two)?

David Tenant, the actor.  Scottish.  He is amazing in so many different roles.

Too early to celebrate, we have to win the cup first. Then we can celebrate.

We could catch Warsaw 100% for sure.

Nothing to worry about, they won't make playoffs any how.

Tfong, Beaviss and McWolf.

Korean boy bands

There's a lot. Messi and Zlatan for example.

On 8/23/2021 at 6:36 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Drink some beers ! 

2. I think that can change something , special unit are really important 

3. I think it will be tied , they are very good each season 

4. I think they can all be good but we will saw 

5. not one really 

6. Diego Maradona 

Not a lot yet, I'll cheer if we can stay out of the wildcard spot, the playoffs are going to be competitive enough as is, I'd hate to have to face off against any competitive team in a three game series if we don't have to.

Malmo is certainly too far ahead, perhaps Warsaw as well. But it would probably help us into the aforementioned guaranteed playoff position, which would be lovely.

I think it's business as usual, Prague had a great team both before and after the deadline, and they're a team we particularly want to win against to stay high in the standings.

I discussed this in today's Chodesode, but I'm happy to see @Beaviss re-creating. I hope he sticks around, I never truly got a lot of time with him, and he's an amazing member.

Any of those young rappers that died.

@Ahma of course. ;)

On 8/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I can finally sleep

2. I dont know anything about lines

3. business as usual we are the best purple

4.  Hulk Hogan 2

5. Roomieofficial his songs just are not good

6. My Uncle hes a topline researcher in Vienna 

No time to celebrate just yet. We will need to turn our focus on to Prague and get ready to win our first series. We can celebrate when we have brought home the Continental Cup.

Malmo would probably still be too far ahead. I do think we would be a little higher in the standings if our special teams were clicking.

Business as usual. I would have liked to had seen some improvement in Davos but we are going to have to ride it out with the squad we have.

Any of the ones who earn on a consistent basis. We need players who can help this team now and in the long haul so I am targeting a recreate who will be working hard each and every week.

Billy Eilish. She has a terrible voice, I can barely understand half the crap she says. Her lyrics are great but in my opinion she should stick to song writing and stay away from singing.

Like a public figure? or someone I know personally? This is a weird one haha. I do have friends from other countries I admire because they are good friends.