HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. Why does Gustav never give me enough time to prepare good questions?

2. Who asks better questions me or Gustav?

3. We have proved ourselves as the most dominant Purple, what do you have to say to Prague?

4. What do you think the hardest mode of earning TPE is?

5. Best graphic/media spot you saw this season?

6. What celebration will you do if we beat Malmo?

He's lazy like that? Or forgets... not sure how he'd forget sharing TPE for the team.

We have more than enough questions from Gustav, but not big of an sample of questions from you. It's even right now.

3. We have proved ourselves as the most dominant Purple, what do you have to say to Prague?

Upstar fakes. Fake purple. Just change your brand coloring already. Insult.

Writing long media spots or those high quality graphics where you can see the crazy effort.

I can't remember what I've read or seen graphic-wise. So, can't say.

I don't think we should celebrate at all. We still have a long road ahead of us after Malmö. Instant focus on the next series.

Because he wants you to look bad in comparison to him.

You both ask completely and utterly exactly the same  quality of questions.

3. We have proved ourselves as the most dominant Purple, what do you have to say to Prague?\\

Suck it.

How can it not be the Media Spot.  1,000 words?!

To be fair, I have not followed closely enough to have an opinion.

Enjoy a nice red - maybe a Gigondas - with firends.

I don't know, I don't even play for this team.

I'd say Gustav probably has more variety. He's kind of a chaotic guy.

Get fisted anally with a circus monkey Prague.

Media spot. Most time consuming are podcasts.

I've been inactive most of the season so I have literally no idea.

I'll have no strong feelings one way or the other.

1. Why does Gustav never give me enough time to prepare good questions?

Because he enjoys watch you fail. 

I would say Berocka asks better questions because Gustav always writes paragraphs for questions.

Your purple sucks Prague. Our purple will always be the greater purple.

Its all pretty easy if I’m being honest. Writing is fun. Graphics are also fun. Podcasts maybe because it’s hard to talk for that long.

Not to toot my own horn but I am loving some of the graphics I have been able to produce lately.

We lost. Unfortunately it’s time to wither away into the off-season. 

For the week ending 9/12:

1. Well, we've lost to Malmo. There were some good parts of our season and some bad parts--do you think it was a success overall?

2. With the offseason coming up, we're not going to have quite the same cap space we had last season. What are some ideas for cap-friendly upgrades we can make?

3. Out of Malmo, Warsaw, Seattle, and LA, who would you like to see win the cup?

4. Right now, I'm sitting outdoors and enjoying the weather, something I've done maybe three times ever but which I'm starting to enjoy much more over the past couple weeks (before it gets cold and snowy). Is there anything you've started to do differently in your own life lately?

5. You win the lottery--but you cannot buy anything of practical value and you have to spend the money yourself. What do you get?

6. The NFL is starting its schedule this week! Do you follow American football? If so, what's your favorite team? If not, which sports do you like to follow around this time of year?

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard@Midnite @JardyB10 @tcookie

1. Well, we've lost to Malmo. There were some good parts of our season and some bad parts--do you think it was a success overall?

Success overall, but we fell short in the end. I was really hoping and wanting to win.

2. With the offseason coming up, we're not going to have quite the same cap space we had last season. What are some ideas for cap-friendly upgrades we can make?

Some strange trade idk tbf

3. Out of Malmo, Warsaw, Seattle, and LA, who would you like to see win the cup?

LA because it'd be fun.

4. Right now, I'm sitting outdoors and enjoying the weather, something I've done maybe three times ever but which I'm starting to enjoy much more over the past couple weeks (before it gets cold and snowy). Is there anything you've started to do differently in your own life lately?

Nope. A boring answer sure, the cold truth.

5. You win the lottery--but you cannot buy anything of practical value and you have to spend the money yourself. What do you get?

A new car for sure. A better PC probably. Did I misunderstood the question? I'm not quite sure what you mean by practical value.

6. The NFL is starting its schedule this week! Do you follow American football? If so, what's your favorite team? If not, which sports do you like to follow around this time of year?

I could not careless. I ignore all NFL related topics and talks. I also hate seeing it sometimes pop up on my Twitter timeline. Get that awful sport out of my face, please. But I do follow many sports, Liiga is starting up real soon, football is going on and lots more.

Yes we took a step in the right direction.  We made it into the playoffs and won a series.

Move on from barely active contracts and look to free up cap for an upgrade.

I would like to see Seattle win the cup. Impressive how successful they’ve been.

My life is slowly getting back to normal, I spent all summer in a sling so the normalcy of getting my strength back is great!

I want a helicopter and I would like to buy the venue in which hosted the Catalina wine mixer.

I follow it but am not a massive fan of the sport. I do cheer for the Seahawks though. 

I would say so. We hit our goal of making playoffs, and had some high points as you mentioned. I am admittedly a little worried about our scoring, but I think we'll be even better next season.

Trade David Tavau, sign an actual good player via free agency. Ditto for Poopy Peepants.

LA would have been my pick, but it's down to Seattle and Malmo now. I gotta go with Malmo because A) They're the team that beat us so it's a small comfort to lose to the champions, and B) Seattle needs to be knocked down a peg

Not overly, with work I easily get swept up in a pretty lame routine of Work -> Eat/Pack Lunch -> Shower -> Optional: One hour leisure -> Sleep repeat. I did a bit more biking when I was home this summer though.

Tough to say because lots of things can have practical value. I was going to say a shitload of trading cards but that would probably have long-term value. Food is also pretty practical. I guess I'd just buy practical things that are so extra they border on unpractical. A car is practical, a Batmobile replica is something else.

No, and I don't have much a chance to follow sports for the reasons listed in Question #4.

• 2 weeks later...

For the week ending 9/26:

1. It looked like we'd get through the offseason without one of our trademark BIG GUSTAV OFFSEASON MOVES, but that's a false assumption as we just pulled off a trade for Seattle's Isabella Campbell. What are your expectations for this season, now that our roster is complete?

2. Time for one of our usual preseason questions: predict your statline for this season!

3. What do you think about the VHLE, now that it exists? Do you think a low earner would have a better experience in the E league or the VHL?

4. You can pick any one thing in the world to instantly snap out of existence. What is it and why?

5. What is your favorite kind of soda?

6. What's your worst "stupid driver" story?

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock

1. It looked like we'd get through the offseason without one of our trademark BIG GUSTAV OFFSEASON MOVES, but that's a false assumption as we just pulled off a trade for Seattle's Isabella Campbell. What are your expectations for this season, now that our roster is complete?

We'll be at the top of the league and win the cup! No doubt nn my mind.

2. Time for one of our usual preseason questions: predict your statline for this season!

3-45-48-+11-79HITS-145SB

3. What do you think about the VHLE, now that it exists? Do you think a low earner would have a better experience in the E league or the VHL?

VHL.

4. You can pick any one thing in the world to instantly snap out of existence. What is it and why?

Political leaders who can't think of the future. They've doomed us all.

Don't really have one. Fanta? Not sure.

It's a long one... and now that I think about it's better told on my podcast. I'll try remember to tell it.

First year we have a legitimate shot at the Cup.  Lots of challenges along the way, but I'm expecting a stellar season.

25G-40A-60P-70HTS-35SB

Been following the discussion thread in media.  Not a fan at first, but softening.  A lower earner might indeed have a better experience in the E.

Fear - doesn't seem to hold back the psychos from doing things and makes everyone do things they wouldn't otherwise.

5. What is your favorite kind of soda? Don't drink much soda.  Does tonic count?  lol

6. What's your worst "stupid driver" story?  Worst due to potential outcome was when two semis decided to put the squeeze on me on the Long Island Expressway.  Just not looking for little guys like me, I'm afraid.  Little enough to make my own lane for a bit and then exit the situation.  VERY scary.

Well playoffs are certainly the top of my expectations. I'd also like to build on our performance from last season and get deeper into the playoffs, preferably with a Continental Cup at the end of it!

I think Peepants will improve over last season, which should be too tough. I'm thinking like, 6 goals, 40 assists, 200 hits, maybe 100 SB?

I like the idea of the VHLE. I think lower earners, unless they're quite set on the VHL, will have a better experience in the new league. They have a chance to be top players in a competitive league, which should be an upgrade of their VHLM experience. Then they'll be RotY candidates once they reach the VHL, so it's nice.

Perhaps litter and pollution. Checkmate!

Cream Soda, I suppose

There's this guy that's constantly on his phone while he drives, usually he appears to be recording a podcast or something

16 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

There's this guy that's constantly on his phone while he drives, usually he appears to be recording a podcast or something

I've always wondered how you pulled this off

12 minutes ago, v.2 said:

I've always wondered how you pulled this off

If I'm just ranting about nonsense it's safe enough, I hold my old phone up and talk into an mp3 recording app. But when I'm doing something more research intensive I'm more or less juggling the recording phone in one hand and the information actual phone in the other, so it's quite dumb! Fortunately Saskatchewan has long flat abandoned stretches of highway 😬

For the week ending 10/12:

1. Our season didn't start well, but our luck has turned around in recent sims. What are your overall impressions so far?

2. I have this presser up quite late in the week. Why? Wrong answers only.

3. Right now, the team atop the standings is, surprisingly, Vancouver. What's going on with them, and why are things magically working out?

4. How much sleep do you normally get?

5. You go to a fairly cheap and fairly close place for lunch twice, order two different things, and like them both. Will you continue to order those things after that point, or do you want to try everything they offer?

6. What would you be doing right now if you weren't answering these questions?

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock

1 minute ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 10/12:

1. Our season didn't start well, but our luck has turned around in recent sims. What are your overall impressions so far?

3. Right now, the team atop the standings is, surprisingly, Vancouver. What's going on with them, and why are things magically working out?

5. You go to a fairly cheap and fairly close place for lunch twice, order two different things, and like them both. Will you continue to order those things after that point, or do you want to try everything they offer?

1. Davos good? Davos Bad? I really do not know

2. You were busy writing love letters.

3. They are doing the old Tonya Harding out here

4. I usually aim for 8 it is sometimes closer to 6

5. It depends what it is, if I ordered those two dishes as they are my favourites I will get them again. If I like the look of other things on the meny I will get that

6. Working, got 80 minutes left before the weekend.

It has been a rough start, you could always blame puck luck. We are trending up and let's keep it that way.

You forgot, didn't have time? Berocka could have gotten it up and running earlier?

Just STHS doing it's thing. Nothing to see here.

8hrs or more

order the same things until they get boring.

work.

I'm still expecting we make playoffs and compete well, but I do find the struggle to find a groove concerning. Individually I think lots of our players have improved over last season, but as a team we've been having a rougher go so far.

You have been outside @GlowyGoat's home watching them everyday like an obsessed stalker.

I hate to say it, but their commitment to meta builds seems to be working out just as they hoped.

I'm all over the place. On days off I like to sleep in and I'll average about ~10, but when working I'm often getting like 6 or sometimes less if I'm being reckless.

I want to try everything that doesn't sound icky. Perhaps after enough time I'll rotate between a few favourites.

I really oughta be going to bed right now, speaking of #4. I don't work tomorrow, but I am hella tired, and I'm supposed to go hiking tomorrow.

Hi All, trying to think of TPE to claim so thought I would help out Gustav

1. I have just finished watching the Squid Game. I think it was a good show. What is the best show you have seen this year?
  2. Speaking of TV shows Amazon released it's doco on the Toronto Maple Leafs. If Amazon were to do one on Davos this season what would make some interesting TV?
  3. Should we think of making any trades come the trade deadline?
  4. It is getting nice and warm in Australia now and I have already had a few beach days, how cold is it getting for everyone else and what are you most looking forward to in Winter?
  5. (for the next two questions look into one game that Davos has played) How do you think your player performed this game?
  6. What do you think your player needs to do more to have a bigger impact for the team?

@GustavMattias@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock

We had the same exact thought at the same exact time...I was looking for this thread when I got the ping. I'm not complaining at all though because it's way easier (and more fun) for me to answer than ask.

1 minute ago, Berocka said:

I have just finished watching the Squid Game. I think it was a good show. What is the best show you have seen this year?

This is going to be a really really weird answer...but it's called The Mole. Only 2 seasons are on Netflix (and I heard it went way downhill after that point anyway), but it's a game show from 2001-2002 that features a pre-CNN Anderson Cooper as host. Challenges are super unique and fascinating and I found it really interesting to follow along and guess who the mole was.

5 minutes ago, Berocka said:

Speaking of TV shows Amazon released it's doco on the Toronto Maple Leafs. If Amazon were to do one on Davos this season what would make some interesting TV?

Probably something that's painfully truthful enough that it's really good TV but misses the "fun" mark the producers are going for. Get really into the emotional details and the hard training; call it This Will Be Our Year or something.

7 minutes ago, Berocka said:

Should we think of making any trades come the trade deadline?

I guess I could always YEET the entire team for a 4th a minute before the deadline hits.

7 minutes ago, Berocka said:

It is getting nice and warm in Australia now and I have already had a few beach days, how cold is it getting for everyone else and what are you most looking forward to in Winter?

Lately it's been around the mid-60s here. I have no clue what that is in Celsius but I'm going to guess maybe 18ish. Every now and then I can put on a t-shirt and not be cold but I think shorts weather is over, sadly. As for winter...well, I hate winter, but winter break will be really nice when it comes around. I'll have all my grad stuff taken care of, school will be out, people I know will be home and (hopefully) able to catch up on things.

11 minutes ago, Berocka said:

(for the next two questions look into one game that Davos has played) How do you think your player performed this game?

Game 225 vs. Seattle for these; our most recent one.

I got 2nd star, 2 points on 5 shots including the game-winner shorthanded! I actually had no clue that happened until I answered this question so that's cool.

12 minutes ago, Berocka said:

What do you think your player needs to do more to have a bigger impact for the team?

I took a stupid tripping call and Seattle scored on that power play. Maybe not do that next time.

1. I have just finished watching the Squid Game. I think it was a good show. What is the best show you have seen this year?
    Hmmmm....I can't even remember what I've watched (all on Netflix).  I'll go with Endeavor.
  2. Speaking of TV shows Amazon released it's doco on the Toronto Maple Leafs. If Amazon were to do one on Davos this season what would make some interesting TV?
    The struggles of a highly-touted first rounder (Tessier) finding out how fast and strong VHLers are.
  3. Should we think of making any trades come the trade deadline?
    I really try to stick to my knitting.  I'll worry about Tessier.  GMs can worry about everyone.
  4. It is getting nice and warm in Australia now and I have already had a few beach days, how cold is it getting for everyone else and what are you most looking forward to in Winter?
    Don't love winter anymore to be honest.  
  5. (for the next two questions look into one game that Davos has played) How do you think your player performed this game?
    Sure liked that game against the Predators when Tessier scored two goals.
  6. What do you think your player needs to do more to have a bigger impact for the team?
    Just need to keep improving the big 4: SC, DF, SK, and PH

1. I have just finished watching the Squid Game. I think it was a good show. What is the best show you have seen this year? Rewatching The Wire, and it's even better than I remember.
  2. Speaking of TV shows Amazon released it's doco on the Toronto Maple Leafs. If Amazon were to do one on Davos this season what would make some interesting TV? When we make the playoffs, documentary of our road to winning the championship.
  3. Should we think of making any trades come the trade deadline? I think that's up to GMs and them the management. Well, if we start losing like crazy, then a trade might not be a bad idea.
  4. It is getting nice and warm in Australia now and I have already had a few beach days, how cold is it getting for everyone else and what are you most looking forward to in Winter? not that cold, like 12C. Lots of rain though. Winter is nice because there are not many insects around. Cold winter air is also really nice. Clear skies and crispy snow.
  5. (for the next two questions look into one game that Davos has played) How do you think your player performed this game? GM 217, Warsaw vs Davos. Tavau played a good game, an assist and 2 shots blocked. No penalties either.
  6. What do you think your player needs to do more to have a bigger impact for the team? Generate more offense and play better defense. More blocked shots.
Edited by Ahma

For the week ending 10/17:

1. Our collective nemesis @Berocka was put on the BoG. What's something you'd like him to know that the league needs?

2. This week is theme week, with the theme being "life after VHL"! Do you think it's a good idea for theme week? If not, what would you like to see as a theme?

3. The trade deadline is Monday, and as a team with no cap space, we're a team that can't really buy. Are you comfortable enough with how we've been performing to be optimistic for the playoffs?

4. NHL hockey is back! What's your realistic prediction for your team this season?

5. What's your NHL hot take?

6. What's something from another country that you'd like to see more of in yours?

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 10/17:

1. Our collective nemesis @Berocka was put on the BoG. What's something you'd like him to know that the league needs?

2. This week is theme week, with the theme being "life after VHL"! Do you think it's a good idea for theme week? If not, what would you like to see as a theme?

3. The trade deadline is Monday, and as a team with no cap space, we're a team that can't really buy. Are you comfortable enough with how we've been performing to be optimistic for the playoffs?

4. NHL hockey is back! What's your realistic prediction for your team this season?

5. What's your NHL hot take?

6. What's something from another country that you'd like to see more of in yours?

1. Australians should get 1.5x TPE

2. I don't like it as it isn't really league based. Could be any number of ideas, how about "League Predictions" do some outrageous predictions for the next 5 seasons

3. Yeah I think we are in a positive spot

4. The Blues will make playoffs and get eliminated round one in 5 games

5. The Hawks won't make playoffs

6. Snow haha, it is over a 24 hour drive for me to go skiing