HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. How do you feel about our chances this season? Will we break out of the run of awful luck the sims have been handing us for a while?

As always, I have faith. We'll be great. We will beat the sim.

2. What, in your opinion, was the best new addition to our roster--Walker, Tsujimoto, UnGuri, or someone else?

Tyler Walker will be a superb addition to our blueline, specially after my good friend Davis is not a Dynamo anymore.

3. Which player do you think is going to win MVP this season?

Condor Adrienne?

4. Predict your statline this season!

72 - 1 - 42 - 43 - +12 - *insert hits here* *insert sb here*

5. The commissioners approach you saying that they're ready to hand you a position as GM of any team in the league. Do you take it, and which team is it?

I don't take it, there are better options for Davos GM than me currently.

6. Where does our roster need help the most? What should we be looking to upgrade?

We could use another top defenseman.

On 11/10/2020 at 2:39 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. How do you feel about our chances this season? Will we break out of the run of awful luck the sims have been handing us for a while?

Yes, because the last time we had sim luck there was a certain user on the team

2. What, in your opinion, was the best new addition to our roster--Walker, Tsujimoto, UnGuri, or someone else?

Tsujimoto, because he's the boss's player

Condor Adrienne

Not a lot of goals, a few assists and a terrible plus minus

5. The commissioners approach you saying that they're ready to hand you a position as GM of any team in the league. Do you take it, and which team is it? 

I'll take it and don't care what team

On 11/10/2020 at 2:39 PM, GustavMattias said:

6. Where does our roster need help the most? What should we be looking to upgrade?

our roster looks solid, but I've never heard anyone complain that we score too much.

1. I think we have a chance to make some noise but admittedly there is a fair bit of parity in the league right now.

2. Walker will probably be most immediate impact but Tsujimoto gives us a lot of hope up front as well.

3. Hard to bet against Adrienne right now.

4. 18 G, 49 A, 67 P, 6 Hits, 155 SB

5. Yes, and id say one of the newer teams.  But id take pretty much any team on.

6. I think its mainly in development and defensively/goaltending being the major focus.

For the week ending 11/22:

1. It's suddenly announced that you can extend your player's career by a season (with depreciation), at the cost of 50 TPE from your next player. Do you choose to do it?

2. Some random passerby walks up to you on the street and says "hey, you're [your name] from the VHL!" What's your first guess as to who it might be?

3. I announce that I've done a "GM trade" with another team, with me moving out and with another existing VHL GM moving in. Who do you hope it is?

4. What's your favorite food none of the rest of us have ever tried?

5. I'm not much of a gamer myself, so I tend not to ask questions about video games--but since it's fresh question material, are you into any games? Which ones?

6. You can instantly become an expert in any one given field of study. Which do you choose?

@Jer_Lefebvre @studentized @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka

1. It's suddenly announced that you can extend your player's career by a season (with depreciation), at the cost of 50 TPE from your next player. Do you choose to do it?

I wouldn't. Now that I can finally get 5 tpe from welfare and it would make my next player weaker.

2. Some random passerby walks up to you on the street and says "hey, you're [your name] from the VHL!" What's your first guess as to who it might be?

Snussu maybe? I doubt it'd be Ruutu.

3. I announce that I've done a "GM trade" with another team, with me moving out and with another existing VHL GM moving in. Who do you hope it is?

Victor. Josh or Beav would be cool too.

I have no idea, most likely some weird Finnish food. Except the other Finnish VHLers.

5. I'm not much of a gamer myself, so I tend not to ask questions about video games--but since it's fresh question material, are you into any games? Which ones?

fhm6

6. You can instantly become an expert in any one given field of study. Which do you choose?

Astrophysics no doubt about it.

Most likely yes. Not sure if I will recreate yet so I definitely wouldn't mind an extra season.

Gorlab would be my guess!

Sad to see you go but if I had to choose it would probably be Victor who is a long time member I have a lot of respect for.

My diet is pretty standard compared to what most people here eat. Maybe Sockeye Salmon?

I play a variety of different games with friends such as league of legends but I'm not very good!

Being an expert in mathematics could prove useful in many different fields

On 11/17/2020 at 1:21 AM, GustavMattias said:

@Jer_Lefebvre @studentized @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka

1. No

2. Some super-nerdy Davos fan, otherwise they probably wouldn't know who I am.

3. Anyone would be a upgrade tbh (kidding ofc)

4. I'm a basic boi with vanilla tastes, so I doubt anyone hasn't eaten my favorite food

5. My friend has gotten me into Valorant, so I've been playing a bit of that.

6. Computer Science, would help a lot in my classes ?

For the week ending 11/29:

1. If there's one thing that we've learned over the past few seasons, it's that the start of the season can be an indicator of how the rest of the season will go...or it can be the complete opposite. Do you think we've learned anything from our start?

2. One of the more concerning aspects of our sims have been shot differentials--even in games we win, we're often seeing much more shots thrown at our net than what we're generating ourselves. How can we work to improve on this?

3. We've actually got a fair bit of cap space to play with! Where could we use an upgrade the most, and what type of player do you think would benefit us?

4. The VHLPA (a sort of players' union that's been tried and more or less failed a couple times) boots up again. Who would you want to see as the representative for Davos, and are there any issues you'd like to see them work on?

5. Just about every company you can think of hits you up with a huge sponsorship deal. Who do you sell out to?

6. One of the biggest things to remember about virtual interaction is that everyone you come across is a unique person of their own. Describe your personality here to the best of your ability.

1. If there's one thing that we've learned over the past few seasons, it's that the start of the season can be an indicator of how the rest of the season will go...or it can be the complete opposite. Do you think we've learned anything from our start?

learned nothing, but have reaffirmed that I am indeed shit. 

2. One of the more concerning aspects of our sims have been shot differentials--even in games we win, we're often seeing much more shots thrown at our net than what we're generating ourselves. How can we work to improve on this?

shoot more than the other team

3. We've actually got a fair bit of cap space to play with! Where could we use an upgrade the most, and what type of player do you think would benefit us?

goalie needs a big upgrade

4. The VHLPA (a sort of players' union that's been tried and more or less failed a couple times) boots up again. Who would you want to see as the representative for Davos, and are there any issues you'd like to see them work on?

I’d like to condemn you to this. 

5. Just about every company you can think of hits you up with a huge sponsorship deal. Who do you sell out to?

KY

6. One of the biggest things to remember about virtual interaction is that everyone you come across is a unique person of their own. Describe your personality here to the best of your ability.

what the hell kind of question is this? Next. 

This season will be, once again, a rollercoaster.

2. One of the more concerning aspects of our sims have been shot differentials--even in games we win, we're often seeing much more shots thrown at our net than what we're generating ourselves. How can we work to improve on this?

Some managerial moves might be needed or radical line changes.

A pure scorer who drives offense.

I believe I was once chosen as a representative, the PA didn't do much of anything though. Someone who doesn't have any other in the league should be chosen. THese jobs should spread to many and more voices.

Adidas. The three stripes.

What's next, my address? Social security number? hahaha lol. Dedication, loyalty and love for Davos.

On 11/17/2020 at 1:21 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. Probably.

2. Logan Laich for sure.

3. Me obviously.  But since its a trade, prob McWolf lol.

4. Meat Pie? idk.

5. League of legends mainly at the moment.

6. Archaeology for sure.

Still plenty of season left hopefully we can pick it up as it continues and turn things around.

Keep working on putting some more TPE into shooting to throw some more shots on net.

I think a strong goal scorer could help us a lot.

I nominate a veteran like myself. I would advocate that us players get more money from the greedy owners!

Kraft Dinner for a free lifetime supply

I'm a pretty easy going and laid back guy who occasionally participates in simulation hockey.

On 11/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. We have learned that the sim engine is as random as ever.

2. I think we are still a young team and we need to develop at a natural pace and understand we aren't the best team in the league at this point.

3. Probably could use another defenseman but goalie could use an upgrade as well.  Offensively we are young and could use a developed superstar.

4. McWolf probably.  Id say me but given my role on BOG it would be a conflict of interests.

5. Jordan.  Gonna get in to hockey ya kno?

6. Easy going and someone anyone can go to. A bit shy and a bit paranoid at times but someone with ultimately a good heart who just needs a distraction from real life.

On 11/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, GustavMattias said:

1.  We've learned that it doesn't matter what last week showed, the next week does not care. It's something that can be seen in the VHLM, and something we see in Davos

2. We're still developing, so there's bound to be some growing pains. We just need to strengthen up defensively, get in front of more shots and hope that we can give the tendy an easier time.

3. Honestly we could bring in any position and it would help us out. We could use some more assistance on the blueline to help shore up the defense, a goaltender that might fair better against the high shots, or a forward that can really generate some points and boost our offense.

4. McWolf seems like a solid choice for that.

5. Weber Grills. Every man needs a high quality grill and I am no exception. Grilling is life.

6. Pretty softspoken but will occasionally speak up when called upon. Really just focused on the melody in their head.

Taking a break from asking about sim results (for reasons). For the week ending 12/6:

1. What's your wildest VHL conspiracy theory?

2. Which VHL team do you want to play for the LEAST?

3. Which commissioner do you trust the most to handle league matters? Which one do you trust the least?

4. What's your favorite pizza topping?

5. Which sports have you played in real life?

6. Last week, we celebrated Thanksgiving in America. What are you thankful for in your own life?

Sonnet actually doesn't like Rin Kagamine.

Every other team except Davos.

3. Which commissioner do you trust the most to handle league matters? Which one do you trust the least?

I trust Beketov the most and Beaviss (sorry Beav) the least. Beav has not been in the league as long as the others.

I do not like pizza. I don't eat pizza.

Ice hockey.

6. Last week, we celebrated Thanksgiving in America. What are you thankful for in your own life?

My family.

1. What's your wildest VHL conspiracy theory?

Gustav is actually a Russian agent and is working stealthy to take davos down. 

hmm. A new expansion team. I’m at the point in my career where I’m not interested in that kind of thing. 

umm the current one. The last one. 

ham. 

This isn’t real life? Hockey, football, baseball. 

my wonderful team mates and unwavering leadership. 

On 11/30/2020 at 3:35 PM, GustavMattias said:

Taking a break from asking about sim results (for reasons). For the week ending 12/6:

1. Devise is the actual one that pulls the strings on blue team and is the overall head of commisioners.

2. Toronto, New York and Calgary probably top the list.

3. Most: Beketov, Least: Beaviss

4. Sausage or Green Pepper

5. Competitive in hockey, baseball and tennis.  Dabbled in some jiu jitsu and wrestling too.

6. My fiancee, dog and the rest of my close friends and family.

Let's get some positive David energy flowing...

1. You can live in any real-life VHL (or VHLM) location. Which do you choose?

2. It's the holiday season, and the VHL is kicking off its second-ever holiday fundraiser, to benefit food banks in the US and Canada! Many of the prizes involved are being kept secret--what do you think will be given away?

3. In a strange turn of events, the past week of sims have actually been fairly decent. Is there anything in particular that you think might have given us an edge?

4. Do you usually do anything around the holidays? Do you anticipate your plans changing at all this year?

5. We're headed into what is, for most of us, winter. Do you have a favorite season?

6. Where do you see yourself in the VHL one year from now?

Turku. If that's not available Helsinki. I wouldn't want to move out of Finland.

2. It's the holiday season, and the VHL is kicking off its second-ever holiday fundraiser, to benefit food banks in the US and Canada! Many of the prizes involved are being kept secret--what do you think will be given away?

TPE.

3. In a strange turn of events, the past week of sims have actually been fairly decent. Is there anything in particular that you think might have given us an edge?

Simon T said "hey, you may begin to win games"

4. Do you usually do anything around the holidays? Do you anticipate your plans changing at all this year?

Same old. Nothing spectacular.

5. We're headed into what is, for most of us, winter. Do you have a favorite season?

Spring. Early spring when temperatures are still a bit colder is the best.

Same as now, in Davos, enjoying and loving it. Maybe I have won a championship before then though.

Davos!

A date with the commissioner.

I got a new coke supplier. That has helped my awareness.

I imaging I'll be cooped up a lot more this year.

Spring definitely.

Retired happily sipping on some tea in a comfortable chair with all my millions.

On 12/7/2020 at 1:44 PM, GustavMattias said:

Let's get some positive David energy flowing...

1. Id move back to Ottawa probably.  Loved living there.

2. Guessing just a TPE giveaway but honestly not sure.

3. Not sure if we changed much line or strategy wise but it seems our younger guys are starting to put up more points so perhaps the development of our youth.

4. Not really and definitely not with everything going on.

5. Fall for me.

6. Hopefully the star veteran player on the Cup Winning Dynamo.

For the week ending 12/20:

1. The European Conference is as tight as it possibly can be--despite being a good way into the season, we're both tied for the last playoff spot and only a game out of first place! Which two teams in contention (really, any EU team apart from Riga) will end up missing the playoffs?

2. We're obviously pretty biased as far as potential EU champs go, but which team do you see winning the conference championship over in North America?

3. What's one aspect of your build that you think helps you the most? What do you think might be holding you back?

4. What food do you want RIGHT NOW?

5. You can talk to any one person in the world, living or dead. Who do you choose?

6. What's the BEST thing to happen to you this year?