HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. The regular season begins tomorrow! Which team do you think has a lot of promise heading into this season? Well except us of course ;)

We'll be the team to beat!

2. Davos legend Taro Tsujimoto has been inducted into the Hall of Fame! How has he impacted this franchise? Do you think that there's anyone here currently who can make a similar impact?

Taro was great. Shame he didn't finish his career in Davos.

3. James Teekirque (@Mongoose87) has been named your captain! In relation to that, what do think captains and assistant captains need to do to set an example for the rest of the team?

I'm quite sad I lost the captaincy tbh.

4. So if you've been paying attention to the NHL Draft, the final rankings has just been updated. So who do you think goes 1st overall to Montreal? Shane Wright or Juraj Slafkovsky???

Shane Wright. At least I hope he does. Go Habs go!

5. Corey Perry has lost in the finals 3 times in a row DESPITE joining Tampa for the sole purpose of not losing in the finals. Do you feel bad for him? Or do you just hate him?

I feel bad for him. I was cheering for Tampa these finals. I would have love to see a 3peat!

6. Trade the picks, trust the process??

Hmm. Not sure.

20 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

orV41eH.png.9e6a12b96a7a43f277fe55473ebe2ea6.png

Week Ending 3/7

1. The regular season begins tomorrow! Which team do you think has a lot of promise heading into this season? Well except us of course ;)

2. Davos legend Taro Tsujimoto has been inducted into the Hall of Fame! How has he impacted this franchise? Do you think that there's anyone here currently who can make a similar impact?

3. James Teekirque (@Mongoose87) has been named your captain! In relation to that, what do think captains and assistant captains need to do to set an example for the rest of the team?

4. So if you've been paying attention to the NHL Draft, the final rankings has just been updated. So who do you think goes 1st overall to Montreal? Shane Wright or Juraj Slafkovsky???

5. Corey Perry has lost in the finals 3 times in a row DESPITE joining Tampa for the sole purpose of not losing in the finals. Do you feel bad for him? Or do you just hate him?

1. The other teams only break promises.

2. Only one man can conjure themselves out of fiction.

3. 1. David. 2. David. 3. Da-vid.

4. I just hope they don't draft another sex pest.

5. I might if he didn't already win a cup with the Ducks.

6. THE PROCESS. THE PROCESS.

On 6/28/2022 at 5:04 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

Week Ending 3/7

1. I'm thinking that Moscow is going to do pretty well!
  2. Well, frankly, I don't know much about Tsujimoto's impact in Davos, but I'm hoping one day I can have a great impact!
  3. I think they should be actively engaging the other players in the locker room.
  4. Literally no idea, so I'll just say Juraj Slafkovsky because that took more brain power to type out.
  5. I mean, the dude is dedicated to winning a cup, I respect that. On the other hand though, I'm a huge team-centered guy, and hopping around teams chasing a cup doesn't really scream "team" to me.
  6. Always and forever.

Week Ending 3/7

1. I think Helsinki can make some noise this season 

2. His impact was felt by being a great player on a team that no matter what happened just never got lucky, I could see a few guys having his impact with better team results 

3. captains and assistants should be available to help the team wherever needed 

4. Wright would make a more immediate impact in my opinion, but I think Slafkovsky will go 1st

5. I’d feel bad for him if he didn’t win his cup with Anaheim 

6. absolutely just need results to back it up 

Week Ending 3/7

HC Davos and my ex team Seattle 

franchise player and yes this prospect pool is loaded. 

great captain and a great choice. 👍 

i thought Shane wright, now I'm not even sure

feel bad forsure seeing another team win the cup thar closely is rough

quote from devise? Lol 

But yes 

HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

Week Ending 10/7

1. We have had a slow start to the season, what needs to change for us to start winning games on a more consistent basis?

2. What team or player do you think has had the most surprising start to the season?

3. Currently we are only 2 points out of the playoffs, of the 6 teams in the race which team do you think misses the playoffs at the end of the season?

4. What do you think the VHL could do to make members more engaged in the offseason?

5. Tampa Bay traded Ryan McDonagh (that is probably spelt wrong) is this the end of an era for Tampa?

6. Colorado is the 2022 Stanley Cup Champions, what was the best moment/storyline of their run?

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 10/7

1. We have had a slow start to the season, what needs to change for us to start winning games on a more consistent basis?

2. What team or player do you think has had the most surprising start to the season?

3. Currently we are only 2 points out of the playoffs, of the 6 teams in the race which team do you think misses the playoffs at the end of the season?

4. What do you think the VHL could do to make members more engaged in the offseason?

5. Tampa Bay traded Ryan McDonagh (that is probably spelt wrong) is this the end of an era for Tampa?

6. Colorado is the 2022 Stanley Cup Champions, what was the best moment/storyline of their run?

1. I think we've been weak defensively. We need to clear the zone faster, get ourselves more opportunities off the rush.

2. Never thought Teekirque would be buried in the deep minuses.

3. London. They don't score nearly enough.

4. Eternal question of sim leagues. TBH, I don't mind a little down time.

5. Yeah, it's pretty rare to keep a roster like that together. Guys will want to get paid and it forces you to lose key players.

6. Kadri showing the Leafs he could cut it in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 10/7

1: We seem to be struggling to score goals. A few games I noticed we had 1 or 2 goals and our opponents had 4+

2: Our Goalie David Davis has played amazing so far. They have an amazing save percentage and will steal us a few games throughout this season without a doubt.

3: I feel like we can push London out of the playoff spot. They are struggling to score goals as well but I feel like our offense will break through soon.

4: Hard to say. There's a ton of off season Tournaments that should be enough...Only thing I could think of would be some sort of Discord game night. Not sure what game we could play but they winner could get an Award and some TPE.

For the award It could be like a little emoji next to their name and they could keep it for the whole season?

5: Ryan was a great top 4 defender for them and accompanied them to each of their recent Stanley cup finals. Trading away a vetern like him is always rough but their Offense is still 2nd to none. I'll be surprised if Ryan is the trade that destroyed the team.

6: No doubt it's Nazem Kadri's story. The fact he was receiving threats, came back from injury and scored an amazing goal. He is an unbelievable talent and it's gonna be odd to see him leave Colorado.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 10/7

1. Everyone needs to step it up. We're playing absolutely awful and we can't get anything going. We need to stick to simple hockey and not try to be fancy I think.

2. It has to be our goalie David Davis, they've kept us in games and have done absolutely fantastic. Without them, we'd honestly be in a really bad spot I'm not going to lie.

3. I'm going to have to agree with Masu, I think we can take down London and get the last playoff spot. Our offense is really struggling, but eventually, we will break through and start to score some goals.

4. I think more off-season things to do like tournaments would help make members more engaged. There are some of these for the M, but not many for the VHL besides the Pro-AM, which my team was basically IA.

5. I think Tampa can still maybe make a run in the playoffs, but trading Ryan McDonaugh is tough, because he's a veteran and was a huge leader. We'll have to see what happens.

6. The best storyline or moment had to be the entire Nazem Kadri story. Also, I think the whole Cale Makar storyline in the playoffs was really interesting to see too, as he's growing into a generational defenseman and changing how the game is being played by himself.

Let’s put more pucks in the net.

2. What team or player do you think has had the most surprising start to the season?

HC Davos.  It looked like we were going to be winning 60 games with the moves our GM made during the off season, but somehow the system is messing with our wins.  The referees dont know what they are doing.

Any team except HC Davos

Free beer?  Not sure what can be done as there are things going on all the time.  I like the calendar thing.

Yes, but I’m not sure its because of the trade.  They looked tired and couldnt stand the kitchen.

Kadri being aggressive

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 10/7

1. The offense is not going and I think we just gotta get some bounces and get some confidence. 

2. Donny Carter has surprised everyone with being a ghost. A ghost on skates is surprising enough but even a ghost should be able to score with the talent on its line.

3. I think Warsaw crashes hard at some point.

4. More opportunities to earn TPE. Maybe an offseason predictions thing. How many trades will there be, where will free agents end up, who goes first in the draft, etc.

5. I hope so, but I don't think so. It's Tampa, they will manage to do something to stay in cup contention.

6. C a l e  M a k a r. The second coming of Bobby Orr. Come to Boston Cale. We have the best- ah it's not going to happen.

Some puck luck would be nice. The ice is tilted right now.

Napoleon Dynamite, only 2 points and no goals. Expected more.

London. Maybe Helsinki.

I have no clue other than making it shorter!

Nope I don't think so. They'll make some more moves and some of the younger players will step up. They will be in competition for the cup again.

Lehkonen and Rantanen parade! lmao.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, Alex said:

Week Ending 10/7

1. I think we need to take a step back and focus on the fundamentals.
  2. Napoleon Dynamite, of course! He's had a surprisingly TERRIBLE start.
  3. Helsinki
  4. Really I'm trying to figure that out myself.
  5. I hope so, they were getting on my nerves.
  6. The best moment was watching Nikita Kucherov throw his glove at the equipment manager, right after that blatant icing was called down lol

On 7/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, Alex said:

Week Ending 10/7

1. Offense needs to start producing more from the role players and Davis needs to continue his play

2.I’m going to say Detroit as I expected him to play more physical then he has to this point in the season 

3. I’m going to say London misses because they don’t score enough

4. I’m not sure if there’s anything the league can do as the tournaments are already in the off-season 

5. not really the end of a era but definitely making room for the yong guys to try and keep it going 

6. Kadri for sure, from receiving threats to winning the cup

Week Ending 17/7

1. With the recent offensive output, Vinny Detroit, Zeedayno Chara, and James Teekirque are quickly closing in on league leaders. Who has been our MVP so far this season?

2. If the VHL had goal songs, which song would you choose?

3. Recently, we've gone on a small run to go up 5 points on London, what changed to allow us to stretch our lead a bit?

4. The NHL Draft was last week, what player do you think was the biggest steal?

5. Would you rather go to a beach resort in the winter or a ski resort in the summer?

6. Is a Hotdog a sandwich

Edited by Alex

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 17/7

1. With the recent offensive output, Vinny Detroit, Zeedayno Chara, and James Teekirque are quickly closing in on league leaders. Who has been our MVP so far this season?

Detroit. He has been the most consistent. 

Air horns then barbie Girl

1 hour ago, Alex said:

3. Recently, we've gone on a small run to go up 5 points on London, what changed to allow us to stretch our lead a bit?

Things are just clicking finally.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Maybe wright if he uses this as motivation. 

5. Would you rather go to a beach resort in the winter or a ski resort in the summer?

Beach resort in the winter. No contest 

Unfortunately  no it is not 

1. With the recent offensive output, Vinny Detroit, Zeedayno Chara, and James Teekirque are quickly closing in on league leaders. Who has been our MVP so far this season?

Chara has been my mvp on my fantasy team so I’m sticking with him for mvp.  He’s a beast.

Achy Breaky Heart

GM decisions and our confidence in the decisions.

I’m currently in a pissing contest with Dish, and currently have the bare minimum of tv, so I didnt catch anything at all other than the Kraken picked up a couple of Finnish players.

I’ve done both.  Alpine slide in the summer, which was fun as a kid.  Beach in winter is more enjoyable.  Dog loves it, and wife too.  I’m picking beach in winter to keep everyone happy.

6. Is a Hotdog a sandwich

In order for something to be a sandwich there has to be two pieces of bread, therefore, technically a hot dog could be a 1/2 sandwich.  Except when you cut the hot dog up and put it in spaghettios.

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 17/7

1. Props to all three, but I think Chara is our MVP so far, been a leader on and off the ice.

2. Dirty Water by the Standells

3. No clue, pucks started going in the net is my best guess.

4. Kemell easily, no clue how he wasn't top 10.

5. Beach resort in the winter, because it's not 200 degrees there like it is in the summer.

6. Yes and I will die on this hill.

9 hours ago, Alex said:

Week Ending 17/7

1. I would say Vinny Detroit has been our MVP this season so far. He's put up 16G and 17A which is super impressive, since our team was struggling at one point to score a lot of goals.

2. My goal song would be "Booyah by Showtek." It's an absolute banger song and at one point the Flyers used it as the goal song a while back.

3. I think a lot of our players finally started producing. A decent amount of our players are rookies, so I think coming into the season the nerves and pressure got to them, but after playing a few games, they've finally got some experience under them.

4. I think the biggest steal was Matthew Savoie for the Sabres. This guy has a ton of talent and I'm hoping he can become a very solid Top 6 C for the Sabres!

5. I would rather go to a beach resort, because I like being places that are warm. I don't mind the cold, but I would rather be too hot then too cold to be honest.

6. No, a hotdog is a hotdog. I don't know how that would be a sandwich, but I also don't know what else it would be besides a hotdog LOL..

On 7/12/2022 at 6:15 AM, Alex said:

Week Ending 17/7

1. I'd have to go with Zeedayno Chara, without a doubt.
  2. Thunderstruck by ACDC
  3. The removal of our heads from our butts lol
  4. I didn't really keep up with it. So, I'm not sure.
  5. I'd say a ski resort in the summer, though I'm not a huge summer fan. Usually they have stuff you can do in the summer.
  6. I mean, the hotdog itself isn't a sandwich. A hotdog in a bun though.... maybe we could consider it an open-faced sandwich.

I think it's a coin toss between Detroit and Chara, both have provided much needed offense.

Only one correct choice for Davos, same song as my podcast intro, Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

Finally we got some god damn puck luck!

Shane Wright at 4th overall!

Beach probably, but I don't necessarily prefer either.

I think so, it's a sausage smashed between bread.

Week Ending 17/7

1. Gotta go with Big Z. He's tied for our scoring lead and has the positive +/-.

2. The Star Trek theme.

3. Converting on chances and maintaining possession.

4. I don't follow the draft.

5. Beach in the winter, preferable still in the Northern hemisphere, so it's warm but not too hot.

6. No, it's an admission of guilt.

Week Ending 17/7

1. It’s hard to give MVP to just one person when it’s been a full team effort so I’m going to say everyone is MVP

2. Chelsea Dagger just to annoy the goalie because they deserve it if I score

3. the puck is now bouncing our way to help our run get bigger 

4. I think Lambert could be a steal for Winnipeg 

5. beach resort in winter 

6. I say no but that’s a age old question we might never get a answer too

Week Ending 24/7

1. It's the VHL's 15th birthday! With that in mind, what is something that you remember when you were around 15??

2. We're currently 6 points behind Riga and 10th in the league overall, heading into the 2nd half of the season, what do you think needs to improve?

3. Circling back to the VHL and it's 15th birthday, what are some of the key contributors to the sim league's longevity? What makes it so special??

4. With NHL free agency underway, what are some of the more surprising signings this season? (Johnny Gaudreau excluded, we all were surprised with that).

5. What's your favorite summer time activity??

6. Is water moist??

1. It's the VHL's 15th birthday! With that in mind, what is something that you remember when you were around 15??

I lied about my age to get a job as a hod carrier and busted my ass all summer hauling bricks and mortar and wasted my whole summer working instead of getting in shape for football.

2. We're currently 6 points behind Riga and 10th in the league overall, heading into the 2nd half of the season, what do you think needs to improve?

The referees have it out for us.  We need new refs.

3. Circling back to the VHL and it's 15th birthday, what are some of the key contributors to the sim league's longevity? What makes it so special??

I’ve been here a short time.  What I have noticed are the quality of people who make this run smoothly.  Awesome!

4. With NHL free agency underway, what are some of the more surprising signings this season? (Johnny Gaudreau excluded, we all were surprised with that).

I’m saving money by having the flex pack on dish so dont have sports channels right now.  Havent followed any sports except vhl.

5. What's your favorite summer time activity??

Camping pretty much every weekend and swimming, plus my lame attempt to turn darker than my wife.

6. Is water moist??

It has a high moisture content so yes.