HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. Who on Davos is most likely to win an award?

- Our Tendy or Taro

2. What superstition do you have now that we have lost our win streak?

- don't change my underwear once a win streak starts, change frequently when losing.

3. Was Gustav the reason we lost the streak?

- No, I blame the previous GM  🙂 

4. Who do you want to beat most in the conference final (when we make it there)?

- the rest of the VHL

5. Who do you want to beat most to win the cup ?

- Vancouver - they seem to be the darlings of the league this season with their 100+ goal differential.

6. Are you going anywhere for Christmas if so where?

- staying local, visiting the family and in laws. 

1050261463_DK18.JPG.eddd8c335e384c69cb607f38497ec82b.JPG

1. Davos is running a secret Santa. You get the person who is after you in the tag list what do you get them?

2. What do you want for Christmas?

3. Where you live do you get a white christmas this year?

4. Did you bet on any of the charity auction items, if so did you win, if not and someone gave you $100 what would you bid on?

5. Have you listened to the VHL podcasts for the Tournament? If no, Why not?

6. What is your favourite Christmas Carol?

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock @Darth Kaprizov @Tyler @GustavMattias

1. Davos is running a secret Santa. You get the person who is after you in the tag list what do you get them?

I have no clue what secret santa is.

Good times and good food

Not anymore. Winters aren't as snowy as they used to back in the day. A white winter was a given.

4. Did you bet on any of the charity auction items, if so did you win, if not and someone gave you $100 what would you bid on?

Didn't bid on any. I didn't pay enough attention to it to know what I would have bid on.

I haven't unfortunately. Haven't had much interest in listening to podcasts past week or two. Maybe I would have listened to Jardy's podcast if he had talked about something that's interesting.

Don't have any. Boring I know

14 hours ago, Berocka said:

I guess I get you. Had I known that, I would have tried to win the auction for @JardyB10's underwear and paid for international shipping.

A hug from someone who means it. Doesn't even have to be in a romantic context. I have a job and I have my own money, so what I want is more in "things I can't buy" territory.

Well, there are a lot of white people in my town, I guess. Some years yes, but this year no--it's going to be above freezing and rainy, which is much less fun.

I didn't, because I dropped a ton of money on applications and I'm trying to earn it back. If I got $100...well, see the first question for my answer.

I listened to Jardy's and concluded that nobody else was going to put that much effort into theirs. Done deal. I kind of forgot to vote though.

I hate Christmas music. It plays all the time at my work, it all blends into one thing, and an image that keeps coming to mind is some singer in a studio over the moon about how they're going to make way too much money from a song that they didn't even write because people are going to pay to hear said song for the millionth time. I could go on.

49 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

I listened to Jardy's and concluded that nobody else was going to put that much effort into theirs. Done deal. I kind of forgot to vote though.

First of all how dare you.

Second of all, Thad and jruutu's were also 10/10 effort and quality and excellency.

- i would get Poopypeepants some new pants

- a snow blower

- yes, been here my whole life, mite be time for a change.

- i did not donate thru vhl, i did donate to my local food shelf though. 

- yes i have, jardyb baby~

- jingle balls

1427426500_DK23.JPG.f70557616de12fe4c59cdc7e2ffe0f96.JPG

For the week ending 1/2:

1. Davos is IN THE PLAYOFFS! Whether we face Moscow, Warsaw, or Prague, it's happening! Which of those three would you like us to go up against?

2. You've got a good idea of how you did this season--how do you feel about it?

3. If your (or any other) player had a nickname, what would it be?

4. If you celebrate Christmas, what was your favorite part of it this year? If you don't, what's something nice you've done in the past week?

5. With a multitude of multis being found over the past week, who in the league do you think is secretly someone else's second account?

6. What's the last thing you watched on YouTube?

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock @Darth Kaprizov @Tyler 

16 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Davos is IN THE PLAYOFFS! Whether we face Moscow, Warsaw, or Prague, it's happening! Which of those three would you like us to go up against?

Warsaw we need to leave Prague till last and I don't want to face Moscow

17 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

It got worse the further through the season we went

Garbo

4. If you celebrate Christmas, what was your favorite part of it this year? If you don't, what's something nice you've done in the past week?

Having all the family around and being able to make our exciting announcement

18 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

5. With a multitude of multis being found over the past week, who in the league do you think is secretly someone else's second account?

@Patrik Tallinder & @WranglersSuck are the same person

20 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Ashes Highlights

Fake purple so we can beat them to the ground!!

A lot better than expected. Way more points than I would have imagined.

Dyson vacuum, KuniBuni UnGuri :P:P:P

Spedning time with family.

I don't know. Some new guy who joined recently, year max.

Reviewing December 30th NHL Games

- Warsaw to shut down their offense.

- solid imo... had plenty of playing time (thank you) averaged just under a point per game.  still frustrated with STHS where 9 of the 10 rookies on the leader board have up to 170 less tpe and up to 30+ more points.  don't seem right to me, maybe a contributing reason why so many of the veteran leaders of the league have quit over the past month or so.  kinda doesn't make sense to do all the point tasks and not reap the rewards.  The silliest part is, this isn't random, most of the same dudes in the VHLE last year had the same build as my player yet were 100+ tpe lower than my player and they out pointed me there as well.  makes no sense.  kinda defeating and lame. giving it one more season.

- Doosh McGoosh

- celebrated, best part spending it with family.  might sound odd to some but it was for me this year. 

- ha, i didn't realize this had happened.  I would say if you have two accounts you are a dork

- dumming video of marco mienimen

109897774_DK20.JPG.7c0be5ae18d21f89e7458073a0eb9426.JPG

You are up against Warsaw and currently staring down the barrel of defeat. Fingers crossed that you can turn it around.

Thanks for asking. I had an OK final season but would have liked to finish with a few more points to round out my career.

Unguri should be called The Fijian Sieve.

I have a dislike of Christmas these days, but it was just nice to spend some time relaxing.

Ummm, I could definitely answer, but I don't want to incriminate either myself or someone else. I'm no snitch.

Wait for it....a refrigerator unboxing. Welcome to my excitement packed life.

For the week ending 1/9:

1. The biggest news in Davos this week is this--we lost! Now that the playoffs are over for us, who would you like to see represent Europe in the finals between Malmo, Moscow, Prague, and Warsaw?

2. The second-biggest news in Davos this week is...that I'm no longer going to be running Davos! I've had my last game as our GM. Who would you like to see as my replacement?

3. Last week, Berocka said that he'd rather face Warsaw in the playoffs out of all of our possible matchups. Do you believe in jinxes? Did this jinx us?

4. New week, more multis and more people getting the ban hammer. Do you think the recent punishments have been fair? Why or why not?

5. What are your expectations for next season's Davos?

6. What qualities would you like to see in a new GM?

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock @Darth Kaprizov @Tyler

1. The biggest news in Davos this week is this--we lost! Now that the playoffs are over for us, who would you like to see represent Europe in the finals between Malmo, Moscow, Prague, and Warsaw?

I couldn't care any less.. Davos is not there.

2. The second-biggest news in Davos this week is...that I'm no longer going to be running Davos! I've had my last game as our GM. Who would you like to see as my replacement?

Someone as great and genius of a GM as you were. @GustavMattias

3. Last week, Berocka said that he'd rather face Warsaw in the playoffs out of all of our possible matchups. Do you believe in jinxes? Did this jinx us?

I do not bleive in jinxes, so no it didn't.

4. New week, more multis and more people getting the ban hammer. Do you think the recent punishments have been fair? Why or why not?

They are fair 110%, or maybe even not punihsing enough. No multis.

Really high.

Loyalty, understanding, knows his stuff, anything you'd want in a great boss.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:46 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 1/9:

Moscow Moscow Moscow

Obviously I would make the best replacement

Yes it did, but I was paid off by the good people of Warsaw

All multis should have to write a separate 500 word apology for every account they have

Same as it ever was. Be mediocre

Funny, I don't care if they are good or not just make me laugh

- No One!  boo

- as the face of the organization, i'd like to see someone who is hawt get the nod!  (no disrespect to the former 🙂 )

- no jinxes... it is what it is, time to start training for next season. 

- i haven't been following the bans however i did receive a "decline" on a graphic point task i submitted.  seems as though the powers that be are ratcheting down on a number of things.

- another playoff push

- loved the last GM on is interactions with the team, would love to see that continue!218830611_DK26.thumb.JPG.4bd5a6b8409b95e85a122164c23ccdd6.JPG

1. What would you like to see the new GM draft with our 2nd round pick?

2. There have been a lot of great candidates in the hiring thread who would be your top pick for GM?

3. @Ahma & @FrostBeard did a great podcast ranking all the Davos players what did you think? If you haven't listened to it, guess your rating out of 10?

4. What are your plans for next season?

5. @GustavMattias and I need to recreate next season, give us name suggestions?

6. Days are getting longer for all of you on the Northern Hemisphere, what are you most looking forward to doing with your extended hours?

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock @Darth Kaprizov @Tyler @GustavMattias

3 hours ago, Berocka said:

Anyone! I like the idea of a forward, because that's where we'll be hit hardest, but a 2nd-rounder will need enough time to develop that just going for the best player possible is probably the best strategy.

2. There have been a lot of great candidates in the hiring thread who would be your top pick for GM?

I'll decline to comment because that would be COMMENTING ON THE WORTHINESS OF CANDIDATES and possibly also MEMBER BASHING.

3. @Ahma & @FrostBeard did a great podcast ranking all the Davos players what did you think? If you haven't listened to it, guess your rating out of 10?

I did listen to it! It was cool to see current and former Davids get together and talk about us.

I suppose next season I'll get to take more of an individual approach to things as I'm no longer running the team--but my build is complete and I'm signed so I'll likely just wait for the trade deadline and hope I do well.

BigHARDCORE33 and BigHARDCORE34. Who gets to be which is up to you.

6. Days are getting longer for all of you on the Northern Hemisphere, what are you most looking forward to doing with your extended hours?

Right now it's the coldest it's been all winter, and it won't take until late April-early May for it to be good enough to actually do anything related to extended hours...but I'm looking forward to being disappointed in my golf game again! 

A solid sleeper pick no one sees being a star in the future.

Beaviss

Not much to say since it was my podcast :D

Win the cup with Davos

Former GM, Former AGM.

Same old, same old, nothing changes pretty much

- would a player be to much to ask for?

- Alex would be my first choice

3. @Ahma & @FrostBeard did a great podcast ranking all the Davos players what did you think? If you haven't listened to it, guess your rating out of 10?

- did listen to it, i thought it was great, nice work men!

- plans at this time are to continue navigating the tpe task lists and building my player while at the same time complaining about how STHS hates my player.  lol

5. @GustavMattias and I need to recreate next season, give us name suggestions?

- how about "Durdy Dongs"

- the snow melting

955267097_DK24.JPG.48a56ed9c8f82ef911b73005ba46f451.JPG

1. With @GustavMattias officially not being the GM anymore, do you have any parting words for him?

2. What is your way too early prediction for the S82 Continental Cup?
3. In your opinion what would a successful draft look like for Davos?
4. What are your goals for next season with your player?
5. As your new GM, what is one thing I should know about you, Davos, or your player?
6. Controversial opinion: Hotdogs are sandwiches, why or why not?

1 hour ago, Alex said:

1. With @GustavMattias officially not being the GM anymore, do you have any parting words for him?

Get rekt nerd

1 hour ago, Alex said:

DAVID

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think we can mostly just go for the best players on the board without worrying too much about position. We'll have needs for everything in the future.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

This is the first season of my career where I get to care about individual success without it being selfish from a GM standpoint. So, I'd like to put up numbers! I don't think I'm making the HoF, but I'd like to make someone consider it.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

5. As your new GM, what is one thing I should know about you, Davos, or your player?

Get ready to hear a lot of jokes at your expense. It's fun if you're into that kind of thing.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Hot dogs are TACOS. 

Goodbye, old friend. I will miss you.

Meta wolves?

We draft active members, who don't disappear all of a sudden.

Win games, score some points, block some shots and well I was hoping we'd shoot for playoffs but with all the trades so far...

I'll be in Davos for your whole GM tenure. I'll be a part of Davos now and forever!

They're not. Hotdogs are well established as hotdogs.

1. The draft is done, what do you think of your new teammates?

2. Awards are coming up, do you think you're in contention for any specific award?

3. What's your favorite tradition that Davos has?

4. The WJC and JST events have wrapped up, did you follow along with either events to see who won?

5. If you had to remove or add one point task which would you choose?

6. What's an exciting or favorite movie/series you watch?

13 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

2. Awards are coming up, do you think you're in contention for any specific award?

4. The WJC and JST events have wrapped up, did you follow along with either events to see who won?

@Ahma @Berocka @Darth Kaprizov @Tyler @tcookie  @KC15 @efiug

I barely know (meaning none) any of them. Wish them all good luck

No.

The yearly teamwide ski trip

Didn't follow. What's JST?

Remove trivia completely.

The two Sicario movies are really fucking good. Yes, so good I'm cursing.