Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1.  Did you even notice the forum was down for a few hours today ?

I didn't, but it happens from time-to-time

2. How much of the NHL playoffs have you watched so far ? 

Absolutely none of it, I don't follow NHL

3. If you had to give our bot goalie a name, what would it be ? 

Gunnar Saveitsson, or something like that

4.  How many seasons would you be willing to miss the playoffs, if it meant winning 1 Cup ? 

I dunno, probably one maximum, two would be excessive given where our team is at atm.

5. It is rumoured Sigard Gunnar's helmet does not fit on his head anymore.  Why is that ? 

He's storing bacon sandwiches in his helmet for safekeeping

6.  Rating it from 1 to 10 how do you think this season has gone for your team so far ? 

I'd say 7, we're not on top but at least we have a playoff push going

On 8/9/2020 at 3:33 PM, Jubis said:

PSX_20200115_064511.jpg.52dec08bb8a45fd20bd4a5aa98ae0aed.jpg

4.  How many seasons would you be willing to miss the playoffs, if it meant winning 1 Cup ? 

5. It is rumoured Sigard Gunnar's helmet does not fit on his head anymore.  Why is that ? 

6.  Rating it from 1 to 10 how do you think this season has gone for your team so far ? 

@Ricer13 @Beketov @Speed @Jubis

@Proto @Quik @dasboot @Matt_O @Tagger @Mongoose87 @SlapshotDragon

1.  I did. I nearly vomited from withdrawal.

2. I watched the first three Penguins games, mixed up the time for the fourth, and thanks to the result, I am too angry to watch more.

3. Botrick Roy

4. Three, at the very most. I hate when my team is irrelevant.

5. We've been pumping it full of helium when he's asleep.

6. 7/10. We're in a good spot, but I thought we'd take more close games.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:33 PM, Jubis said:

PSX_20200115_064511.jpg.52dec08bb8a45fd20bd4a5aa98ae0aed.jpg

@Ricer13 @Beketov @Speed @Jubis

@Proto @Quik @dasboot @Matt_O @Tagger @Mongoose87 @SlapshotDragon

1. When it happened, I noticed. It was pretty sad without the VHL excitement.

2. Only the Flames games and the Columbus vs Toronto series.

3. Martin Brodeur. Dude is a stone wall.

4. As many seasons as possible, as long as I win a cup with Calgary.

5. I love Gunnar but dude’s head is just expanding faster than the universe.

6 7/10 We’re surviving.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:33 AM, Jubis said:

1. Nah don't even look at the forums 

2. Been trying to watch as much as I can, hard when most of the games start at midnight

3. Winner, guys been killing it this year

4. Hard question, if you're making the playoffs you still have a chance at the cup so probably rather make it every year

5. Because he's killing it this year and obviously his head got too big

6. Probably a 5, think we had super high expectations and while we're doing decent we aren't meeting them

PSX_20200614_223051.thumb.jpg.e6173748704c8333c08c8a6ae2337ed2.jpg

1. After a few weeks of .500 hockey you find yourself on a current 6 game winning streak. It is rumored that Wranglers Captain Kris Rice @Ricer13 gave the team one hell of speech that sparked this current streak.  What did he say ?

2. With theme week just occurring.  What is your idea for a next player name and position ? 

3. If the VHL must go into a bubble city for the playoffs, what city would the playoffs be held in ? 

4. @Speed Willie Drege invites the team for a tube ride, floating down the Bow River in Calgary.  Which player had the most awkward looking inflatable floaty ? What did it look like ?

5.  The equipment manager found a picture of Sigard Gunnar @Big Mac glued inside of Lafontaine's @SlapshotDragon goalie helmet.  Does this really surprise anyone?

6.  The Calgary Wranglers have announced that every player on the team will receive a $250,000 dollar bonus if you make the playoffs.  The only catch is, the money must be spent outside of the VHL and in 24 hours.  So lets say you make the playoffs this season.  How are you spending your $250k ? 

The team

@SlapshotDragon @dasboot @Matt_O

@Tagger @Mongoose87 @Quik @Ricer13 @Speed @Jubis @Beketov

Edited by Jubis

24 minutes ago, Jubis said:

1. After a few weeks of .500 hockey you find yourself on a current 6 game winning streak. It is rumored that Wranglers Captain Kris Rice @Ricer13 gave the team one hell of speech that sparked this current streak.  What did he say ?

2. With theme week just occurring.  What is your idea for a next player name and position ? 

3. If the VHL must go into a bubble city for the playoffs, what city would the playoffs be held in ? 

4. @Speed Willie Drege invites the team for a tube ride, floating down the Bow River in Calgary.  Which player had the most awkward looking inflatable floaty ? What did it look like ?

5.  The equipment manager found a picture of Sigard Gunnar @Big Mac glued inside of Lafontaine's @SlapshotDragon goalie helmet.  Does this really surprise anyone?

6.  The Calgary Wranglers have announced that every player on the team will receive a $250,000 dollar bonus if you make the playoffs.  The only catch is, the money must be spent outside of the VHL and in 24 hours.  So lets say you make the playoffs this season.  How are you spending your $250k ? 

The team

1. That stays between myself and the team. The team was fired up right after tho!

2. My next player is going to be a Defensemen and his name will be Kristoph Ricerov.

3. Vancouver or Calgary. Both have done fairly well keep covid numbers down. 

4. Kramerev did. It was shaped similarly to a miss-shaped banana.

5. Not at all. Those two were two peas in a pod. 

6. I suck at answering these high pressure questions. Let’s say a big ass boat. 

18 hours ago, Jubis said:

The team

1. "If you don't play better, I'm going to run you down with a horse."

2. I have each of the Hanson brothers planned for W, C and D. Which Hanson brothers? Both.

3. Calgary would be ideal, since it's in a low-case count area, and we'll be playing in the finals.

4. ACL Tear - it looked like a scalpel.

5. It surprised me, I thought it would be painted on.

6. Beanie Babies were supposed to be a sound investment, right? I'll buy those!

On 8/16/2020 at 6:50 PM, Jubis said:

The team

1. Not really gonna say some of the stuff because it is not safe for kids but let's just say Ricer scares me.

2. Gunnar Nygard. Gotta pay tribute to SG somehow.

3. Well, Edmonton and Toronto are off the table so I'd say Calgary. Low amount of cases and I just like this city.

4. Tear's might look like a scalpel but I'd say mine. Mine was literally a custom made Sigard Gunnar floatie.

5. I'd be surprised if anybody was surprised. The only reason it's not painted is because I switch my helmet so often.

6. How much hockey tape can one buy with $250k? Just thinking I'd maybe prank Jubis with it somehow.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:50 AM, Jubis said:

1. Rice didn't have to say anything, he just led by example killing it on the ice then came in the LR and said your turn

2. My next player will be a VHLM star forward who never makes the leap to the big leagues

3. Probably Canadian cities, Toronto or Calgary 

4. Zod had a pink flamingo floaty, he's very comfortable with his sexuality

5. Nah those two were always bromancing

6. I'm getting myself a lambo

PSX_20200823_121733.jpg.a55b230b559e599ff58886c204503e19.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1.  Its that time of the season again. The playoffs are around the corner.  Your team has clinched a spot.  Are you ready ? 

2. What are your expectations for your team going into the playoffs ? 

3. Who do you think makes the finals out of the Euro conference ? 

4. What two teams make the NHL stanley cup finals ? 

5. Who will be Calgary's playoff MVP ? 

6. Are you happy with your players performance this season ? 

GO WRANGLERS GO ! 

LETS GET THAT CONTINENTAL CUP !

@Ricer13 @Beketov @Quik @Speed @Jubis @Tagger @dasboot @Matt_O @Mongoose87 @SlapshotDragon

5 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1.  Its that time of the season again. The playoffs are around the corner.  Your team has clinched a spot.  Are you ready ? 

GO WRANGLERS GO ! 

@Ricer13 @Beketov @Quik @Speed @Jubis @Tagger @dasboot @Matt_O @Mongoose87 @SlapshotDragon

1. I am always ready. It’s time to bring the heat. I hope Calgary can pull off some magic.

2. My expectations are low. Conference finals maybe.

3. Helstinki for sure. They’re dominant.

4. Vegas and Tampa.

5. Kris Rice.

6. Yes he’s continued to progress each season but we are at the point I expected him to be popping off with some unreal numbers but that isn’t the case. 

6 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

GO WRANGLERS GO ! 

1. The General is always prepared for battle

2. I hope we can win the cup, and I definitely think we can. I would say anything short of the conference finals is very disappointing, although losing at any point is disappointing.

3. Riga. They were my prediction at the beginning of the year so I'm sticking with them

4. Islanders and Avalanche. I'm an islanders fan so I'm biased but they are looking really really good right now.

5. Lafontaine, goalies usually have to play great for a team to win a cup and they win the playoff MVP most of the time.

6. Yes, I am more than happy. Last year I had 14 points and 1 point in the playoffs, this year I have 60 assists and majorly improved in every stat. I could make a real case for most improved, although I doubt I win that.

I've always been ready for the playoffs

I think we've got another good chance at a final appearance but it's not guaranteed by any means

Haven't paid too much attention to EU, maybe Riga?

The Hartford Whalers and the Boston Red Sox

It's been goalies recently so LaFontaine?

Yes and no, the assists have been strong but the goalscoring especially at the first half of season was shocking. 

22 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

GO WRANGLERS GO ! 

1. Hell yes. Last season the Marauders almost shocked the top seed, in the first round. I'm ready to have a big series with the Wranglers.

2. If we don't at least come close to a second round victory, I'll be sorely disappointed.

3. Riga. They've got the best goal differential in Europe, by far.

4. Gonna say Vegas and Boston, but, TBH, once Pittsburgh is out, I give zero fucks, so long as it's not the Flyers.

5. Jubis. He's been the biggest difference maker all season, I don't see that changing.

6. Somewhat. I like my +/-. I wish I'd gotten more points in some of the games where we steamrolled the opposition.

Edited by Mongoose87

On 8/23/2020 at 10:29 AM, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

GO WRANGLERS GO ! 

1. Of course I'm ready. It's the playoffs. And that means we have to be ready.

2. I think we can make it to the finals and win it all.

3. Riga. They showed how strong they were last year when they absolutely dominated in their conference and Eagles is a great goalie.

4. For me, I think the Golden Knights will go against the New York Islanders.

5. I feel like Jubis will come out as the playoff MVP for us. Dude is a difference maker.

6. Meh. Team played great but I only played decently well.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:29 AM, Jubis said:

1. Let's do this. We couldn't get it done last year but we had the pressure of being the best team in the league, this year we get it done

2. Win the cup, that's the expectations every year

3. Probably Riga again, and this time we take them down

4. Tampa and Vegas

5. Lafontaine

6. Could have been better but big improvements on last season so can't be too upset

PSX_20200607_071911.jpg.402f73a7c4442335534ee518519772d2.jpg

1. How do you think your team has played throughout this series vs NY so far? 

2. A Texas Holdem cash game was played on your team's private flight to New York. Who was the big winner ?

3. Whats your favourite tourist attraction in New York City ? 

4. What VHL team was your favourite city to visit this past season ? 

5. With his retirement announced is Jet Jaguar a Hof player ? 

6. Do you take a nap every game day ?

@Ricer13 @Beketov @Quik @Speed @Jubis 

@dasboot @Matt_O @Tagger @Mongoose87 

@SlapshotDragon

Edited by Jubis

27 minutes ago, Jubis said:

2. A Texas Holdem cash game was played on your team's private flight to New York. Who was the big winner ?

@SlapshotDragon

1. Calgary has played a great series. Should be a sweep as we’ve outplayed New York in all 5 games so far. 

2. Big Winner has to be Dredge. Playing hot on the ice and off the ice right now.

3. Time Square is pretty amazing. Never been to New York but I would love to stand in the centre of it.

4. Surprisingly I loved Warsaw. I’ve never been to that part of the world before so it was a cool experience.

5. Hot Take: Jet Jaguar is not a HOF player.

6. I never nap. I wish I could but my mind doesn’t let me.

9 hours ago, Jubis said:

1. We got the win in yet another game 7, thought we outplayed them the entire series but Red Guy stole a few games.

2. Rice cheated but we caught him so he's the big loser

3. Any pub that has ice cold tap beer

4. Any time you get to fly over and visit a European city is pretty special

5. Is that gorlab's player? Not really sure what HOF threshold is but based on a user induct the poor bloke

6. I take a nap every single day

On 8/31/2020 at 9:41 AM, Jubis said:

@SlapshotDragon

1. I mean, even though it went to seven, I’d say we were pretty damn good.

2. Well, even if I did break every rule, a win’s a win.

3. Statue of Liberty. Speaking of New York, wow, it a nice city.

4. Shout out to Davos. Pretty cool to see the hockey scene there.

5. Yeah, he’s proved himself enough.

6. Well, I used to take a nap during games but now I do them 6 hours before so I can bet 4 or so hours of practice in beforehand.

On 8/31/2020 at 11:41 AM, Jubis said:

@SlapshotDragon

1. Great, considering we've beaten them, by now. Seattle, though...

2. Anheuser-Busch.

3. Top of the Rock. You go to the top of the Rockefeller Center. This gives you a great view of the Empire State building, and costs a fraction of going up the Empire.

4. Kosmo always knows where to party in Moscow.

5. Let's say... Yes? I'm a terrible judge of these things.

6. Every game day? I take naps during most games!

On 8/31/2020 at 11:41 AM, Jubis said:

@SlapshotDragon

1. We dominated them all series, they were lucky to force a game 7

2. General Zod didn't win, he got some bad hands and had to fold most of them. Zod claims it was rigged.

3. Pretty generic but the Statue of Liberty. I live on Long Island so I've been to the city a bunch of times and the Statue of Liberty is the one tourist attraction that actually sticks out to me, especially if you get to go in the crown, which I want to do one day.

4. Moscow, Zod got to meet his idol Putin

5. For sure, it really isn't a doubt that he is HOF.

6. Zod isn't really a nap type of guy

I get the feeling we're going to win this one

Gambling was the big winner

The gigantic apple they have in the middle. I've heard it's huge.

London because it's nearest to home. Oh hang on, I'm Dominican aren't I?

I would say so, it's difficult to compare with older players given stat changes, but he should be good

Going off my stats, I had a nap out their during the Seattle series

PSX_20200907_114620.jpg.d6ea6ecbc203f2c1d884cc7fc168e4f4.jpg

1. You lost in game 7 vs Seattle. How painful was this loss compared to others you have experienced ?

2. The VHL finals are upon us. Who are you rooting for ? 

3. The S74 draft is right around the corner.  Who is someone you would like Calgary to select ? 

4. What are your plans for the off season? 

5. What is something you would like to accomplish in the S74 season ? 

6. The Wranglers  billionaire owner wanted all players to have their own horse. All players were given a horse to ride to practices and home games.  What are you naming your horse ?

inappropriate horse GIF

@Ricer13 @Beketov @Jubis @Speed

@Tagger @dasboot @Matt_O @Mongoose87 @SlapshotDragon