Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

19 minutes ago, Jubis said:

PSX_20200412_105110.jpg.2bfc3f541bba9a806adc1d04d4403cff.jpg

1. Ok its here ! The season is currently underway. Week 1 saw Calgary go (5-2-1 ). Are you happy with the results ? 

2. After 8 games, Which Wrangler has had the most impressive start ? 

Charlie Paddywaggon :

1 goal 8 assists 9 points, 20 hits, 11 SB

Mikko Lahtinen:

5 goals 4 assists 9 points, 21 hits , +6

Jacques Lafontaine:

5-2-1 , .940 sv% , 1.86 GAA ,  1 SO

3. Could anyone have predicted Davos 1 point behind us with a game in hand, clawing at us for 1st place in the league ? 

4. Which active VHL player has the best name ? 

5. What is going on with D.C  3-5-0 ? They are 2nd last in the league, after finishing 3rd overall last season. 

6. There is a mandatory 14 day worldwide lockdown. You have $200 and can only buy 3 different items. What you buying ? 

Food Shopping GIF by MOODMAN

Members

@Bushito @Jubis @Ricer13 @Big Mac

@Beketov @Speed @Tagger @DMaximus @dasboot @Matt_O

@SlapshotDragon

1. Extremely happy! We need to stay consistent.

2. Lahtinen has been more improve because he’s finally starting to break through and produce.

3. I would have never though Davos would be there. I feel like they’ll slide at some point.

4. Kris Rice because it makes for a sick nickname in Rice Krispies.

5. it’s too early to know if teams are really struggling. Things turn around quickly in this league.

6. Food, board games and edibles.

1. Ok its here ! The season is currently underway. Week 1 saw Calgary go (5-2-1 ). Are you happy with the results ? 

I think its a solid start. I think highly of this team so I expect some of those close games to be wins in the future.

I always tend to give praise to goalies because I believe they get roasted the most when things get bad, Laffy's been doing solid work for the team and it shouldn't go unnoticed.

3. Could anyone have predicted Davos 1 point behind us with a game in hand, clawing at us for 1st place in the league ? 

I picked Davos to be missing playoffs so you can say that I didn't.

Theres a bunch of good ones, I like Gritty. 

5. What is going on with D.C  3-5-0 ? They are 2nd last in the league, after finishing 3rd overall last season. 

I think they just had a rough start and will be back up and contending soon.

6. There is a mandatory 14 day worldwide lockdown. You have $200 and can only buy 3 different items. What you buying ? 

Spending it all on non essential shit because why not

22 hours ago, Jubis said:

Charlie Paddywaggon :

Mikko Lahtinen:

Jacques Lafontaine:

Members

@SlapshotDragon

1. Tough two regulation losses but I'm happy that we're winning.

2. Charlie Paddywagon. Lahtinen has been having an amazing season but Paddy is a D-man which helps his case. But both players are playing well and I know they are going to have amazing careers and seasons.

3. Hahahahahahaha. No.

4. I have loved the name Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen for a while.

5. I don't know but at least it's not us.

6. A box of pizza, mini sticks, and some Pepsi.

On 5/24/2020 at 10:10 PM, Jubis said:

1. Ok its here ! The season is currently underway. Week 1 saw Calgary go (5-2-1 ). Are you happy with the results ? - very

2. After 8 games, Which Wrangler has had the most impressive start ? - obviously LaFontaine 

Charlie Paddywaggon :

Mikko Lahtinen:

Jacques Lafontaine:

3. Could anyone have predicted Davos 1 point behind us with a game in hand, clawing at us for 1st place in the league ? - yes they wouldn’t have though

4. Which active VHL player has the best name ? - Smitty 

5. What is going on with D.C  3-5-0 ? They are 2nd last in the league, after finishing 3rd overall last season. - The simulator doing the random things it does

6. There is a mandatory 14 day worldwide lockdown. You have $200 and can only buy 3 different items. What you buying ? - tons of Chick-fil-A-, cleaning products, and probably a Hulu subscription

Members

@SlapshotDragon

On 5/25/2020 at 10:10 AM, Jubis said:

Charlie Paddywaggon :

Mikko Lahtinen:

Jacques Lafontaine:

1. Can't be upset with those results, hoping we can continue our winning ways.

2. Think that Lafontaine is the key to our success, his numbers are unbelievable and he keeps us in it every game.

3. They added lots of youth this off-season as well as some veterans so they were a big question mark, seems that what they did has worked so far. 

4. Paddywagon is a pretty good name.

5. They're shit house and have no chance of beating us this season.

6. Well you need food so 28 frozen pizzas for 2 a day should cost around $100, then the rest on alcohol.  

1. Yes, it's a great start for us. 

2. Lafontaine's .940 save percentage is incredible. I have to say his is most impressive.

3. While Davos made tons of moves this offseason, I don't think anyone expected them to be near the top of the league. I think they will fall back down to earth

4. Of course it has to be General Zod. 

5. DC will bounce back. The beginning of the season is nothing to worry about.

6. The biggest jug of water I can find, a massive box of granola bars and the biggest puzzle I can find. Have to be occupied somehow. The sad part is this isn't even that much of a hypothetical, I live in New York and have left my house three times in the past two months.

PSX_20200531_001433.jpg.9057cb3c1687a526754d2e038892637c.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

Answer 6 questions for 2 Glorious TPE

1. You are the number 1 team in the league at (14-5-1).  You have the most goals for, least goals against.  Can you still continue to climb from here? 

2. How important is it to you, that the Wranglers get contract extensions signed for upcoming UFA's Edwin The Encarnacion,  Willie Dredge and Mikko Lahtinnen ? 

3. Can you explain why Calgary would be a great team to sign an extension with ? 

4. What current or past VHL player's career, would you wish your player could replicate ? 

5. Who is your favorite player that is not a Calgary Wrangler ? 

6. Nevermind a playoff beard. You get to choose a new funky hairstyle for a playoff run. What are you going with ? 

(Share a pic or GIF if you want) 

7. If you had to choose one. What would your dream VHL job be ? 

8. The Wranglers do a couple  off ice team bonding events. 18 holes of Mini putt and bowling.    Which player dominates at each event ? 

Got the Presser done early. ENJOY !

jimmy fallon singing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Members

@Beketov @Speed @Tagger @DMaximus @Matt_O @SlapshotDragon @dasboot

Edited by Jubis

41 minutes ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. You are the number 1 team in the league at (14-5-1).  You have the most goals for, least goals against.  Can you still continue to climb from here? 

2. How important is it to you, that the Wranglers get contract extensions signed for upcoming UFA's Edwin The Encarnacion,  Willie Dredge and Mikko Lahtinnen ? 

3. Can you explain why Calgary would be a great team to sign an extension with ? 

4. What current or past VHL player's career, would you wish your player could replicate ? 

6. Nevermind a playoff beard. You get to choose a new funky hairstyle for a playoff run. What are you going with ? 

8. The Wranglers do a couple  off ice team bonding events. 18 holes of Mini putt and bowling.    Which player dominates at each event ? 

Members

1. Absolutely, this team has a ton of potential but we need to sneak in our back up games.

2. I can’t explain how important it is. Especially Lahtinen. He’s finally breaking out and primed to be our number 1 centre for seasons to come.

3. Calgary is a good team to sign an extension with because we have a good environment in our LR that wants everyone to succeed and right now we are among the elite and for a few season we will be on top.

4. Matt Thompson 100000% legend 

5. Patrik Tallinder. Was my teammate in Mississauga and he has had a good impact in the vhl.

6. mullets for days. Never had one but let’s do it.

7. I already have it. GM of a VHLM team. 

8. Lahtinen is the man for mini out and ricer takes bowling imo.

I'm more impressed by the fact that I've evolved from a player into a team. 

I am kinda surprised no-ones offered me anything yet.

I mean we're top of the league and young. Seems like two good reasons right there.

I mean my aim was Conner Low, but I'm looking more like a bad Ryan Kastelic atm

Condor Adrienne cause he's helping my fantasy team atm.

Like a job where I can pick X number of players per week and check to see whether their previously approved updates are all legit or not (like an auditor per se), because I'm very good at picking up on errors.

We can, but the question is should we. Last season we fizzled in the playoffs so maybe we should be saving some of our magnificent firepower for the real deal while maintaining top seed.

Lahtinen is a must as he is breaking out this season into a true star player for years to come. The Encarnacion is having a good season for us and I think he should be coming back next season.

After being in the locker room for awhile, I can say that Calgary is an extremely fun and active locker room. The guys that make up the team are excellent and makes a player want to stay and have another go just to have another season of talking with them daily.

Jaguar has been fun to watch the past few seasons.

Dredge will grow his hair out to his knees and have the most luscious lettuce the VHL has ever seen!

I think once I have more experience in the VHL I would try to GM in the VHLM and see how I like it and what I can do for new players.

On 5/31/2020 at 12:44 PM, Jubis said:

1. Once I get some good ice time the Wranglers will only do better.

2. I think with the season we're having it only makes sense for them to re-sign to continue to have the success we are having both as a team and individually. 

3. Calgary is currently a competitive team that also has youth that can continue to stay at the top year in year out.

5. Hulk Hogan ??

6. Playoff pubes

7. Mate I don't even like to work in real life why would I want a job here?

On 5/30/2020 at 10:44 PM, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

Members

1. We won't just climb, we'll dominate.

2. All three of them are big parts of the team. Edwin has been great at D, Dredge has been great, and Lahtinen has been absolutely phenomenal.

3. Great group of guys, amazing locker room, and also just a solid team. That and I'm already locked up here. Which I'm thankful for.

4. Brick Wahl or my hero, Alexander Pepper.

5. Jaxx Hextall. Dude's amazing.

8. Lahtinen and Ricer have smooth hands so either of them for Mini Putt. Bowling goes to me.

PSX_20200607_071911.jpg.1070e4d5298d9f29e6846d4fe7e96551.jpg

Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE

1.  You have a record of (8-4-2 ) since our last press conference. With Seattle hot on your trail, how important is it to you to be the top team ? 

2.  How do you feel about the Wranglers most recent contract extensions ? A 2 year deal to @TaggerEdwin The Encarnacion and A 3 year deal to Willie Dredge @Speed .

3. The VHL has theme week this week. Which theme would you like to see the league do, if you could choose ? 

4.  Mikko Lahtinen @Beketov is currently on an 8 game goal scoring streak and an 11 game point streak. No one is hotter right now!  Can you explain his explosive breakout this season ? 

5. Latrell Mitchell @dasboot and General Zod @Matt_O are in the top 10 in +/- in the entire league. They also lead all rookies and deserve a little recognition. They have been great in their roles this season. Do you have any pointers to keep them  going in right direction? 

6.  Looking further at the Wranglers team scoring. If things continue to click, its not unrealistic to see the team have 7x 70+ point players. How far back do we have to look to see a team accomplish this feat ? A guess is fine but I know the answer hehe

7. Which is the best: 

waffles, pancakes or French toast ? 

how are you all good morning GIF

@Bushito @Jubis @Big Mac @Ricer13

@DMaximus @Tagger @dasboot @Beketov @Matt_O @Speed @SlapshotDragon

Edited by Jubis

1 hour ago, Jubis said:

1.  You have a record of (8-4-2 ) since our last press conference. With Seattle hot on your trail, how important is it to you to be the top team ? 

2.  How do you feel about the Wranglers most recent contract extensions ? A 2 year deal to @TaggerEdwin The Encarnacion and A 3 year deal to Willie Dredge @Speed .

3. The VHL has theme week this week. Which theme would you like to see the league do, if you could choose ? 

4.  Mikko Lahtinen @Beketov is currently on an 8 game goal scoring streak and an 11 game point streak. No one is hotter right now!  Can you explain his explosive breakout this season ? 

5. Latrell Mitchell @dasboot and General Zod @Matt_O are in the top 10 in +/- in the entire league. They also lead all rookies and deserve a little recognition. They have been great in their roles this season. Do you have any pointers to keep them  going in right direction? 

6.  Looking further at the Wranglers team scoring. If things continue to click, its not unrealistic to see the team have 7x 70+ point players. How far back do we have to look to see a team accomplish this feat ? A guess is fine but I know the answer hehe

7. Which is the best: 

1. It is extremely important. 1st place team holds all the power.

2. I am very happy with these extensions. Edwin is a huge piece of our D core moving forward and dredge has found his footing in Calgary and has been very successful since getting moved here.

3. Theme for this week should be about GMs and which GMs have been pivotal in your success in the VHL/M.

4. It was only a matter of time. He’s now the number one centre for this team and the support around him has only made him better. I hope he becomes a mainstay on Calgary.

5. Just continue with the path that your on. As they progress they will see increased roles for the Wranglers.

6. I am going to guess and say s64.

7. French toast #1 for me personally. I’ve eaten pancakes too much.

I think the most important aspect is to go into the playoffs hot, which is a good possibility since we are getting our backup games out of the way early.

2.  How do you feel about the Wranglers most recent contract extensions ? A 2 year deal to Edwin The Encarnacion and A 3 year deal to Willie Dredge.

I am very excited to be back, Calgary has allowed me to break out this season with some great linemates. As for Encarnacion I thought it was imperative to sign him if he was willing to stay, what he has to offer is too good to give up for free.

Something that is easy to make a graphic about haha.

4.  Mikko Lahtinen is currently on an 8 game goal scoring streak and an 11 game point streak. No one is hotter right now!  Can you explain his explosive breakout this season ? 

There is only one explanation.... BEKETOV IS ABUSING HIS POWERS!!!! In all seriousness I think it's just a lot of good factors going on. A good build, good linemates, chemistry etc.

5. Latrell Mitchell and General Zod are in the top 10 in +/- in the entire league. They also lead all rookies and deserve a little recognition. They have been great in their roles this season. Do you have any pointers to keep them  going in right direction? 

It's not easy going + in this league of scoring, props to them for keeping it out of the net.

6. Which is the best: 

This is the hardest decision of life and you force me to make it in the morning... All of them combined with bacon and eggs please. Breakfast=best meal of day

Top team in regular season is just an added bonus, main thing is getting done in playoffs.

2.  How do you feel about the Wranglers most recent contract extensions ? A 2 year deal to @TaggerEdwin The Encarnacion and A 3 year deal to Willie Dredge @Speed .

Dredge is a very good winger for us, so an excellent resigning. Encarnacion is a baseball player so he isn't.

I'd love one where we just talk about ourselves cause that's all I can come up with for point tasks atm.

I've analyzed the stats for a solid 2 minutes, and no I can't explain it.

5. Latrell Mitchell @dasboot and General Zod @Matt_O are in the top 10 in +/- in the entire league. They also lead all rookies and deserve a little recognition. They have been great in their roles this season. Do you have any pointers to keep them  going in right direction? 

Don't play on a line with me, cause I'll bring that +/- right down!

6.  Looking further at the Wranglers team scoring. If things continue to click, its not unrealistic to see the team have 7x 70+ point players. How far back do we have to look to see a team accomplish this feat ?

I'll guess somepoint around the early S60's, maybe S64. 

8 hours ago, Jubis said:

7. Which is the best: 

1. It is important, but I don't know how much home ice affects the sim. But it's still important because I'd rather face the 4 seed than the 3 seed.

2. Any contract extension is good and will help keep us competitive for longer.

3. Maybe something about draft busts/steals.

4. It was about time. I predicted him for the Funk, and it looks like that's going to be an easy one TPE for me unless something crazy happens.

5. I feel like Zod has been really solid for a rookie, scoring about as many points I would have expected. Next year I will have defense and skating in the 90s and I hope to be even better.

6. Probably S62 since that year had a crazy scoring outburst. 

7. It's difficult, but I think pancakes edge out waffles because pancakes are more diverse, you can get more creative with them and put more things on them.

9 hours ago, Jubis said:

I mean, if we make the playoffs, I'm satisfied but it'd be cool to kick Seattle's ass.

Fucking hyped, both guys are big parts of the team.

Probably Rookies since we did a Hall of Fame theme week a while back.

Simple. It's Mikko Lahtinen and Mikko Lahtinen is fucking awesome. 

Keep being dominant and aggressive and don't mind the opponents if they jaw at you. I'll gladly give them a chop to the balls.

6.  Looking further at the Wranglers team scoring. If things continue to click, its not unrealistic to see the team have 7x 70+ point players. How far back do we have to look to see a team accomplish this feat ?

Maybe 10-12 seasons? 

7. Which is the best: 

French toast all the way. I might eat that on the Saddledome one day.

On 6/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, Jubis said:

7. Which is the best: 

1. Being first in the league can be a big difference between going far in the playoffs and not, especially with Seattle being in our conference. Also fuck them so we need to be better.

2. Awesome to lock them up, hopefully we can sign Lahtinen as well and be a contender for many years.

4. It was only a matter of time I'm sure. He should have been putting up numbers like this for awhile but glad it's all come together now.

5. We are beasts that's all there is to it.

6. I have no idea been in the league short, but would show how deep we are of a team.

7. French toast if it's done right, otherwise waffles. Would eat all 3 but

PSX_20200614_223051.thumb.jpg.a17fc544723e3f8fc9a856c377e242f9.jpg

Dont ask ^^

Calgary Wranglers 

Press Conference 

1. Another week has passed. The Wranglers have been on an incredible run, going (11-3-2 ) since our last press conference. What is needed to continue winning at this rate ? 

2. Your season record has improved to (33-12-5). This pace would have the Wranglers finish with 48 wins.  Would this surpass your expectations ? 

3. Even tho you have been winning a lot of games, Seattle has stayed within a point from you. Tuesday Calgary and Seattle play each other twice. What are your score predictions for those two games? 

4. Calgary just pulled the trigger on a deadline deal to aid in  solidifying its playoff run. Specifics aside, how happy are you to have a legend , a potential HOFer, like Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen join the team ? 

5. What are your thoughts on the newly announced expansion? 

6. What expansion team city and logo do you like the best ? 

7. Outside the VHL the NHL is getting closer to beginning its playoffs. What NHL team will you root for ?

@Jubis @Bushito @Ricer13 @Big Mac

@Speed @Beketov @Tagger @dasboot @DMaximus @Matt_O @flyersfan1453 @SlapshotDragon

6 hours ago, Jubis said:

PSX_20200614_223051.thumb.jpg.a17fc544723e3f8fc9a856c377e242f9.jpg

Dont ask ^^

Calgary Wranglers 

Press Conference 

1. Another week has passed. The Wranglers have been on an incredible run, going (11-3-2 ) since our last press conference. What is needed to continue winning at this rate ? 

2. Your season record has improved to (33-12-5). This pace would have the Wranglers finish with 48 wins.  Would this surpass your expectations ? 

3. Even tho you have been winning a lot of games, Seattle has stayed within a point from you. Tuesday Calgary and Seattle play each other twice. What are your score predictions for those two games? 

4. Calgary just pulled the trigger on a deadline deal to aid in  solidifying its playoff run. Specifics aside, how happy are you to have a legend , a potential HOFer, like Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen join the team ? 

7. Outside the VHL the NHL is getting closer to beginning its playoffs. What NHL team will you root for ?

@Jubis @Bushito @Ricer13 @Big Mac

@Speed @Beketov @Tagger @dasboot @DMaximus @Matt_O @flyersfan1453 @SlapshotDragon

1. We have improved our back end with a recent trade so I think that’ll give us a boost in order to keep rolling on this path.

2. No I expect us to hit 50. 48 would be a disappointment lol

3. Seattle OTW 4-3 and Calgary Win 4-1.

4. It’s always exciting to have someone with Smitty’s skill join your roster. He’s already made an impact since joining.

5. I knew the league was growing but I didn’t realize it was growing fast enough to gain 4 new teams. Very exciting times.

6. Warsaw I don’t mind but none really stand out to me.

7. Vancouver all day! Go Canucks.

Calgary Wranglers 

Press Conference 

Just keep playing the way were playing, it shouldn't be that hard to maintain this pace especially with this group of players.

It seems about right, this team is too stacked to afford lower expectations.

I think Calgary takes two wins, one in OT/SO. 

4. What are your thoughts on the newly announced expansion? 

I think it's great. Shows that the league is expanding and new players aren't just leaving after a brief stay.

5. What expansion team city and logo do you like the best ? 

London United looks alright, but that LA logo is honestly a letdown...

6. Outside the VHL the NHL is getting closer to beginning its playoffs. What NHL team will you root for ?

Since the sharks are out I'll probably root for Pavelski and Dallas to get a cup.

19 hours ago, Jubis said:

1. We have finished our backup games, made a big trade and will continue to improve as we go on. Just need to stay on track, not worried about it.

2. Expected us to be good but not best in the league so yes.

3. Probably split them (it already happened)

4. Happy for Smitty to join the team, hoping to learn a lot from the legend.

5. Meh.

6. None they're all pretty shite.

7. JETS

1592629652279.thumb.jpg.b8e4344b87bc623eced7e58402de95fa.jpg

1.  Another great week for the Calgary Wranglers. Posting a (7-2-1) record since our last press conference and (40-14-6) on the season. My question is this: with 12 games remaining, how many points will the Wranglers pick up out of the possible 24 pts ? 

2. With the playoffs creeping up, which potential opponent could give you the most trouble throughout a playoff run ?

3. Which Calgary Wrangler players have a legitimate chance to win a personal award? 

Mikko Lahtinen: Kevin Brooks(most goals)

Mikko Lahtinen: Dustin Funk(most improved)

RJ Jubis: Mike Szatkowski(most points)

Jacques Lafontaine: Greg Clegane  (lowest GAA)

Jacques Lafontaine: Aidan Shaw (most outstanding goalie)

Or Other

4. Everything is up in the air next season due to expansion. That being said, do you think the Calgary Wranglers can contend for a cup next season ?

5. Who would you like to see Calgary draft with their 1st pick in the upcoming S73 draft ? Remember it will be a late 1st

6. Would you like to see Calgary change up its logo ?

@Bushito @Jubis @Ricer13 @SlapshotDragon @Tagger @Beketov @Big Mac @Speed @dasboot @Matt_O @DMaximus @flyersfan1453

28 minutes ago, Jubis said:

1592629652279.thumb.jpg.b8e4344b87bc623eced7e58402de95fa.jpg

1.  Another great week for the Calgary Wranglers. Posting a (7-2-1) record since our last press conference and (40-14-6) on the season. My question is this: with 12 games remaining, how many points will the Wranglers pick up out of the possible 24 pts ? 

2. With the playoffs creeping up, which potential opponent could give you the most trouble throughout a playoff run ?

3. Which Calgary Wrangler players have a legitimate chance to win a personal award? 

Mikko Lahtinen: Kevin Brooks(most goals)

Mikko Lahtinen: Dustin Funk(most improved)

RJ Jubis: Mike Szatkowski(most points)

Jacques Lafontaine: Greg Clegane  (lowest GAA)

Jacques Lafontaine: Aidan Shaw (most outstanding goalie)

Or Other

4. Everything is up in the air next season due to expansion. That being said, do you think the Calgary Wranglers can contend for a cup next season ?

5. Who would you like to see Calgary draft with their 1st pick in the upcoming S73 draft ? Remember it will be a late 1st

6. Would you like to see Calgary change up its logo ?

@Bushito @Jubis @Ricer13 @SlapshotDragon @Tagger @Beketov @Big Mac @Speed @dasboot @Matt_O @DMaximus @flyersfan1453

1. We will pick up 18/24 points.

2. it has to be Seattle. They have been a threat all season.

3. Lafontaine could win both awards. He’s been the most consistent. 

4. If we can resign @Beketov Lahtinen then definitely yes. If not then I am not sure.

5. Andre lebastard, Wolf Stansson, Dakota Lamb!!!!

6. I would like to see it updated so it looked a little more current.