Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 7/13/2020 at 3:00 PM, Jubis said:

1.  How emotional was the Game 5 loss to Riga in the finals  ? 

2.  We are forced to say goodbye to Smitty W. @flyersfan1453 and Tyler Barabash jr @Bushito. Do you have any kind words for them as they transition into retirement? 

3. The Calgary Wranglers are forced to navigate through a new reduced Salary Cap and an expansion draft at the same time.  This will force them to be most likely be parting ways with loyal and longtime players Sigard Gunnar @Big Mac and Charlie Paddywaggon @DMaximus

Do you have anything you wish to say to these two players who have been Wranglers the past 4-5 seasons ? 

4. Calgary made its first big off season move by acquiring ACL Tear's rights and then inking him to a 1 year deal. 

Are you excited with the acquisition ? 

5. As of right now, no expansion team has a roster. So go on your gut feeling for now. If you had to predict:  what new expansion team has the best chance of making the playoffs? 

6. The VHL draft  is only 2 sleeps away.  Calgary now has the 12th overall pick in the upcoming draft. Who would you like to see them select with this 12th pick ?

1. Very emotional. To go all the way to the finals and lose in my rookie season is heart breaking. Hopefully can overcome it and win a cup eventually otherwise will look back on that my entire life.

2. Enjoy retirement and good luck with your next players if recreating

3. Best of luck but not enough luck to play well against us in the future.

4. Absolutely, think this really helps us stay competitive into next year

5. None of them will make the playoffs, didn't get enough to build a full roster

6. Was expecting a forward drafted, but happy to add Mongoose to the back end with us

On 7/13/2020 at 3:00 AM, Jubis said:

1594621350529.thumb.jpg.e069ac1299376fbcf74eb2f46a666c14.jpg

Okay another season is in the books. We failed to lift the cup, we so badly wanted to win. I'm sorry we just fell short. It was a hell of a season but it was not in the cards for us, I guess. We will re-group and return next season hungrier than ever ! 

Go Wranglers !

2.  We are forced to say goodbye to Smitty W. @flyersfan1453 and Tyler Barabash jr @Bushito. Do you have any kind words for them as they transition into retirement? 

3. The Calgary Wranglers are forced to navigate through a new reduced Salary Cap and an expansion draft at the same time.  This will force them to be most likely be parting ways with loyal and longtime players Sigard Gunnar @Big Mac and Charlie Paddywaggon @DMaximus

Do you have anything you wish to say to these two players who have been Wranglers the past 4-5 seasons ? 

4. Calgary made its first big off season move by acquiring ACL Tear's rights and then inking him to a 1 year deal. 

5. As of right now, no expansion team has a roster. So go on your gut feeling for now. If you had to predict:  what new expansion team has the best chance of making the playoffs? 

6. The VHL draft  is only 2 sleeps away.  Calgary now has the 12th overall pick in the upcoming draft. Who would you like to see them select with this 12th pick ?

@Jubis @Ricer13 @Beketov @Speed @Quik @DMaximus @Big Mac @Matt_O @dasboot @Tagger @SlapshotDragon

1. It was rough, but luckily it's only my rookie season and we still have plenty more chances to win it all.

2. Congrats to an amazing career for Smitty, and hopefully bush is doing well, he hasn't been around for a while.

3. It's always tough to leave after being with a team for a while, but you will come to terms with it after a little bit. Even though you couldn't win a cup for the Wranglers, you helped us field a great team.

4. Considering we lost Gunnar, this is a good move to try to replace him.

5. Warsaw, since they just signed HHH. I didn't look at the draft results though.

6. We picked up Kramerev, which is a great selection. He will be apart of the Wranglers for a while.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:00 AM, Jubis said:

I was very disappointed and shocked considering our season.

I wish you both the best, great players with even better personalities.

Gunnar you carried our team for the longest time, enjoy your break you definitely deserve it ;) . Paddy, you are a positive light and your player is crazy good at dishin that puck, I wish you the best

Yes, excited to see what ACL and Dredge can do together.

All of them have equal chances of losing to Calgary.

Missed the draft, but happy with what we got!

@Jubis @Ricer13 @Beketov @Speed @Quik @DMaximus @Big Mac @Matt_O @dasboot @Tagger @SlapshotDragon

PSX_20200607_071815.jpg.a81bf60e7f18cbe233449e8eb7985296.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. Which Calgary Wrangler is most likely to come into training camp, overweight from drinking too much beer this off season ? 

2.  Could you still play hockey well, with a wooden stick ? 

3. This past weekend Kris Rice @Ricer13 had the team over for a barbecue. Which teammate did you see swimming in his pool with water wings?

4Are you ready to avenge the s72 Wranglers Cup finals loss ? 

5.  What would be your favourite pre game pump up song for our home opener?

6. Which Calgary player will surprise us all the most this season ? 

@Jubis @Beketov @Speed @Ricer13

@Quik @dasboot @Matt_O @Tagger @Mongoose87 @SlapshotDragon 

Edited by Jubis

2 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. Which Calgary Wrangler is most likely to come into training camp, overweight from drinking too much beer this off season ? 

3. This past weekend Kris Rice @Ricer13 had the team over for a barbecue. Which teammate did you see swimming in his pool with water wings?

1. My money is on Dredge! However I could see a couple players falling into that habit :P

2. Yes I could play with a wooden stick. It would take some getting use to though.

3. This is for sure not anyone on our team. Gunnar popped by though cuz he missed the boys and I caught him in the pool with his water wings.

4. I am. Less make it 2 finals in a row!

5. I really like the song white flag by bishop Briggs. That song gets the blood flowing.

6. I think Kosmo Kramerev will have a good rookie season.

16 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. Myself, been hard on the piss all off-season.

2. I do play with a wooden stick

3. Rice was so pissed he needed the water wings to float, his wife was not happy

4. We will win this year, it has to happen

5. I'm Good- Hilltop Hoods

6. I think there can be any number of surprises. I think our defense is a lot different than last year losing Smitty and Paddy so someone will have to step up there, hope it can be me

20 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. That's obviously Kramerev, dude's got a wild off-ice lifestyle.

2. I, personally, could play hockey exactly as well with a wooden stick.

3. Rice, obviously. After all, they were his water wings.

4. THE ICE WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF OUR ENEMIES. Uh, err, I mean, yes.

5. Dancing Queen - Abba

6. ACL Tear, when he gets an MCL tear.

On 7/20/2020 at 12:11 PM, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. Me. No question about it.

2. I mean, as a goalie, it wouldn’t really change much.

3. Kramerev. Makes sense since he is the rookie. Though I can’t swim either so I don’t blame him.

4. Definitely. I’m tired of getting so close yet failing. This season is our season.

5. Probably “Blackguard - Farewell” but only the instrumental because the vocals hurt my ears.

6. Willie Dredge. This dude is amazing.

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

I would say Sigard Gunnar if he hadn't just left our team :( 

If everyone had to as well, yeah no doubt.

3. This past weekend Kris Rice @Ricer13 had the team over for a barbecue. Which teammate did you see swimming in his pool with water wings?

I saw General Zod with floaties barely holding on to his huge biceps, and yeah he also had water wings.

We are coming back stronger than ever.

Anything with some high beats per minute and tempo

I think General Zod is going to step up with his increased ice time.

PSX_20200723_213410.jpg.dcddfc50b6edbc50f7740f9ddfdc9cfd.jpg

PRESS CONFERENCE

1.  The Calgary Wranglers have struggled out of the gate. The hardest loss to take was a 54 save performance by "A Red Guy " in game 1.  What was the mood on the bench mid game when no pucks were getting past him ?

2.  What teammate would you go suit shopping with ?

3. After a few incidents, the Wranglers management team needs to hire a new bus driver. Do you know a retired VHL player that might be interested  in the job ?

bubble boy bus GIF

4. You are at a restaurant with the team. You must make a split second decision. How do you like your steak ? and Soup or Salad ?

5.  RJ Jubis sets up his music player in the locker room. Then proceeds to play " Avril Lavigne-Complicated ", while singing along.  Is this normal behavior from him ? 

6. What is one thing you would like The Wranglers to do differently for this weeks games  ?

GO WRANGLERS !

LETS HAVE A GOOD WEEK   

@Jubis @Beketov @hewasajazzman @Ricer13 @Speed @Quik @Tagger @dasboot @Matt_O @Mongoose87 @SlapshotDragon

On 7/25/2020 at 9:14 AM, Jubis said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1.  The Calgary Wranglers have struggled out of the gate. The hardest loss to take was a 54 save performance by "A Red Guy " in game 1.  What was the mood on the bench mid game when no pucks were getting past him ?

3. After a few incidents, the Wranglers management team needs to hire a new bus driver. Do you know a retired VHL player that might be interested  in the job ?

bubble boy bus GIF

4. You are at a restaurant with the team. You must make a split second decision. How do you like your steak ? and Soup or Salad ?

5.  RJ Jubis sets up his music player in the locker room. Then proceeds to play " Avril Lavigne-Complicated ", while singing along.  Is this normal behavior from him ? 

6. What is one thing you would like The Wranglers to do differently for this weeks games  ?

GO WRANGLERS !

LETS HAVE A GOOD WEEK   

@Jubis @Beketov @hewasajazzman @Ricer13 @Speed @Quik @Tagger @dasboot @Matt_O @Mongoose87 @SlapshotDragon

1. It's tough to not be able to score goals, but at least we put on some good pressure and there were good things that happened that game, despite losing.

2. I would go with me, myself, and I. The General can't rely on others for help because of his unusually huge size.

3. My first player Matthew Materazo would be up for the job.

4. Medium rare for sure, with chicken noodle soup .

5. Jubis is a bit of a character, so I wouldn't say this is completely out of the ordinary.

6. We just cant score. Zod has actually been contributing, but unfortunately the team is struggling

On 7/25/2020 at 9:14 AM, Jubis said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

bubble boy bus GIF

GO WRANGLERS !

LETS HAVE A GOOD WEEK   

1. There's this tension in games like that. You keep shelling the netminder, and you think something has got to go in! A lot of guys start banging sticks when they finish a shift.

2. Probably Quik, he's got that old-timey criminal avatar, those guys always dress well 

3. I don't know any tried VHL players, TBH. Generally, though, I tend towards people with fewer head injuries to drive me 

4. You say that like it's gonna be a tough decision. I get the steak blue and the soup.

5. Ah, shit. Yeah, it is, another puck bunny just dumped him, now we've got to clean up the mess 

6. Win some damn games!

On 7/25/2020 at 7:14 AM, Jubis said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

bubble boy bus GIF

GO WRANGLERS !

LETS HAVE A GOOD WEEK   

1. We weren’t to worried at that time. We were getting shots off and producing chances. We just ran into a hot goalie.

2. Jubis because he probably has lots of suit shopping experience now that he’s also a GM.

3. I honestly don’t know any retired VHL players who would be interested.

4. I like my steaks medium rare but a little more on the rare side and I will take a salad because soup is trash.

5. Is it weird that if I were to have guessed his favourite song that it would have been that one?

6. I’m answering this late but it was to work different combinations until you find something that works. Upgrading our wing also helps.

On 7/25/2020 at 7:14 AM, Jubis said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

bubble boy bus GIF

GO WRANGLERS !

LETS HAVE A GOOD WEEK   

1. I wanted to slash him or fight him. I dunno.

2. Kosmo Kramerev, rookies always know the trendiest clothes to wear and I want in.

3. Ryuu Crimson. He's like the only one I really know.

4. I like my steak edible. I'd just spin a spinner to decide how rare I want it. Also, salad, it's way too hot in Calgary right now for soup.

5. I tend to hum along as well. Also, yes, it's normal.

6. Nothing because right now we are on a roll.

On 7/25/2020 at 9:14 PM, Jubis said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Pretty low but optimistic as we knew we were better than that. We have already turned it around.

2. Lafontaine is a classy mfer so would shop with him

3. I don't follow the league well enough to know too many retirees. Maybe Smitty just coming off retirement to stick with the team

4. Medium rare, the only way to order a steak. Salad in summer, soup in winter

5. Sounds about right

6. Win

PSX_20200419_090621.jpg.72dfd90947e4cbbaa47cbb15b76d6c5c.jpg

1.  Similar to S72, Calgary is almost unbeatable at home. The difference is how disastrous on the road they have been.  (HOME 10-1-1) , (AWAY 4-9-1) Why is Calgary so bad on the road so far ? 

2.  The Wranglers obvious weakness through 26 games, has been their lack of goals for.  Calgary has 70 GF , which ranks 14th overall.  How does your team start scoring more goals going forward ? 

3.  Which VHL team has surprised you the most so far this season ? 

4.  If the wranglers go on a big winning streak, are you going to change your lucky underwear ? 

5.  Which one of your teammates has the worst diet during the season ? 

6.  what European team do you predict makes it all the way to the Cup finals ? 

@Beketov @Ricer13 @Speed @Proto

@Quik @Jubis @SlapshotDragon @dasboot @Matt_O @Mongoose87 @Tagger

51 minutes ago, Jubis said:

1.  Similar to S72, Calgary is almost unbeatable at home. The difference is how disastrous on the road they have been.  (HOME 10-1-1) , (AWAY 4-9-1) Why is Calgary so bad on the road so far ? 

2.  The Wranglers obvious weakness through 26 games, has been their lack of goals for.  Calgary has 70 GF , which ranks 14th overall.  How does your team start scoring more goals going forward ? 

4.  If the wranglers go on a big winning streak, are you going to change your lucky underwear ? 

1. I honestly do not know what the issue is. I think at this point it is just a mental game and we need to break out of it. 

2. I’m not sure how the strategies are set but maybe we should play to our strengths and change them to a more offensive style of play.

3. I honestly don’t know. Actually us. I thought we would be good but we at surprisingly average.

4. I don’t wear underwear in the VHL. Need to let the boys hang loose.

5. Without a doubt it’s Dredge. Starts off slow because of his diet but once he changes it around he starts lighting it up.

6. My money would be on Davos.

Probably the inability to find a decent local coke dealer on a way days, we have dependable service here in Calgary

We score more by putting the puck in the back of the net more

I thought DC just had an off season last year, I’m very surprised to see them currently battling with the expansion teams

I will never change my underwear thank you

My saying is “Eat everything, regret nothing” 

Probably Riga again

I overheard that it may be a result of opposing teams delivering strippers to our hotel the night before games. I don't think its true but at the same time it's really weird that strippers keep showing up at my hotel room..

Switch up the lines until we find a spark.

Prague. My old team seems to be playing well this season, hope they can keep it up (unless it is against us)

Wait, you guys are wearing underwear?!?!

Definitely Zod, being a supervillain must be stressful, he eats like shit. But i guess he keeps his figure anyhow so whatever.

I would like to see Prague do some damage this season, why not.

On 8/2/2020 at 3:46 PM, Jubis said:

1. I dunno. I think it's easier to play at home because the crowd is on your side. No matter how much we tell ourselves to ignore the crowd, we can't help but notice them. I don't know about my teammates but I definitely feel the pressure of the crowd.

2. Typically you would say shoot more but I feel like that isn't the big problem. I think what happens is when we go on a good run, the other teams figure us out quickly. Versatility might be key.

3. HC Davos has definitely been a surprise for me. Didn't expect for them to be so good now.

4. Who says I changed it from our last one?

5. You do know you're talking to Jacques Lafontaine, right? The guy who literally eats on top of iconic Calgary buildings as a superstition. 

6. Maybe Riga again? Greg Eagles is a damn good goalie. Anyways, all I know is that we're beating them.

On 8/2/2020 at 5:46 PM, Jubis said:

1. There's been a consistent issue where Kosmo creates loud disturbances in the hotel, meaning the team generally doesn't sleep well on the road.

2. Star taking more chances. Ask defenseman to pinch more.

3. Chicago. I didn't know it was possible to be that bad.

4. Was I supposed to be wearing underwear?

5. I'm not sure I've seen Ricer drink anything but beer and Monsters.

6. Riga. That second best goal differential speaks volumes.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:46 AM, Jubis said:

1. We miss our families too much on the road

2. Either have to figure out some strong chemistry to get going or make a move to shake things up. Obviously losing Gunnar and Barabash was a huge hit

3. I think DC being bad again is a surprise, I see them as one of the best on paper

4. If we win 5 games in a row I won't change my underwear for the rest of the season

5. The rookie Kosmo Kramerev is still young and has a high metabolism, give it a couple seasons and he'll have to improve his diet

6. Probably Riga again, they are a strong team

PSX_20200115_064511.jpg.52dec08bb8a45fd20bd4a5aa98ae0aed.jpg

1.  Did you even notice the forum was down for a few hours today ?

2. How much of the NHL playoffs have you watched so far ? 

3. If you had to give our bot goalie a name, what would it be ? 

4.  How many seasons would you be willing to miss the playoffs, if it meant winning 1 Cup ? 

5. It is rumoured Sigard Gunnar's helmet does not fit on his head anymore.  Why is that ? 

6.  Rating it from 1 to 10 how do you think this season has gone for your team so far ? 

@Ricer13 @Beketov @Speed @Jubis

@Proto @Quik @dasboot @Matt_O @Tagger @Mongoose87 @SlapshotDragon

54 minutes ago, Jubis said:

4.  How many seasons would you be willing to miss the playoffs, if it meant winning 1 Cup ? 

5. It is rumoured Sigard Gunnar's helmet does not fit on his head anymore.  Why is that ? 

6.  Rating it from 1 to 10 how do you think this season has gone for your team so far ? 

1) I did, I was going to do my PTs today but I had to wait until now, it's okay though I have nothing to do.

2) I try to watch every game, but the round robin I haven't payed much attention too, and certain series I care about more than others. 

3) I would name the bot Tommy Wiseau, after the creator of the best movie of all time "The Room"

4) All of them, making the playoffs without winning the cup is the same as missing the playoffs in the grand scheme of things. 

5) His high level of play has gotten to his head and inflated it

6) I'd say a 7, we are doing well but not amazing. For me personally it's a 9 though, I'm doing better than I ever expected

1 hour ago, Jubis said:

1. I did notice and it was a sad time in the VHL life.

2. I have watched quite a bit. I watched the entire Canucks series and have been watching bits of other games each day.

3. The name I would give our Bot goalie is Junior. Because he’s learnt all that he knows from JL.

4. All of the seasons. I want that cup so bad.

5. because his head never stops growing. This year it’s even worse lol

6. 7.5/10. We started out rough but are finding our stride now. Would be nice to keep pushing for wins.