Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 8/21/2023 at 12:51 AM, Keegan Gamble said:

image.png.8300dda6ab74079b682ade2ba65ef91b.png

CGY Presser Week Ending August 27th 2023

1. The season is only a few days away! Which wrangler will have the hottest start?

2. What team do you think is going to be our biggest rival this season?

3. VERY EARLY/before season prediction. Who do you think is going to take home the championship this year?

4. What kind of style does your player play? I.E; Playmaker, Sniper, Goon (Fradin) etc.. 

5. If you could change one rule about hockey, what would it be?

6. Everyone's got to have some sort of pre-game routine, what's yours?

1. The season is well underway at this point we're starting to see some teams getting a good start. Calgary seems to be solidly in the middle of the conference!

2. Either Vancouver or Chicago seem to be the two teams that are closest to Calgary and should make for some interesting games this season.

3. I like the offence Toronto and D.C. are showing so far and could see one of them pull it off.

4. Defensive defender.

5. Penalties should be served on on the other team's bench to listen to be chirped. 

6. Put on some noise cancelling headphones and listen to some jams to get in the right head space.

image.png

Calgary Presser for week ending September 3rd, 2023.

1. Merome Dilson is doing his best job to stop this tank from happening! How do you feel his performance has been so far this season?

2. Rip Wheeler just signed a massive extension with Calgary, was this the right move for Calgarys future?

3. Spam bots seem to be taking over the forum! Would enabling 2FA logins for the league be a good idea or is this too inconvenient for everyone?

4. Knowing what you know about @Fradin99, he invites the team over for a team dinner. What is he serving?

5. It’s bright and early, what is your breakfast of choice?

6. If you played hockey or if you ever could play hockey, what position did or would you want to play?!?

51 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Merome Dilson is doing his best job to stop this tank from happening! How do you feel his performance has been so far this season?

2. Rip Wheeler just signed a massive extension with Calgary, was this the right move for Calgarys future?

3. Spam bots seem to be taking over the forum! Would enabling 2FA logins for the league be a good idea or is this too inconvenient for everyone?

4. Knowing what you know about @Fradin99, he invites the team over for a team dinner. What is he serving?

6. If you played hockey or if you ever could play hockey, what position did or would you want to play?!?

1. A complete selfish move by the CGY netminder. How dare he play good when they try to #tankforjanser. On a more serious note, it is amazing how well he does behind a primarily 'green' defence.

2. One for sure is hoping that Wheeler starts ripping it up.

3. I do not know what 2FA means, but I have trouble remembering passwords, so staying logged in is very convenient for me.

4. Considering his RL job, my guess would bey beaver. And who does not like eating beaver given half a chance?

5. a Glass of chocolate milk and a sandwich.

6. I did not play hockey, but if I did I probably was a defender.

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. I think he has had a good season so far

2.Yeah I think so we need some older players to teach the new ones.

3. I honestly have no idea about this so idk

4.Knowing what I know about fradin which I don't know much i would say some poutine gravy and pancakes

5.Buttermilk pancakes with some protein pancake mix mixed in with syrup

6.I play hockey in real life so this is an easy choice goalie. Goalies are the best

3 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Incredible performance. Sometimes all you need is a hot goaltender.

2. Yes, he will provide veteran leadership for many of the youngsters comming up.

3. The league is best when it can function in peace. 2FA might be necessary for peace to be a possible. But let's hope it doesn't come it that.

4. I know Fradin for a long time. He is definitely serving beaver over poutine gravy with a side of pancakes.

5. A sunny side egg and sausage on toast sandwich, with a glass of orange juice.

6. I haven't played on ice but if I could, I would try to be a center.

On 8/28/2023 at 5:43 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) Meron has killed it this season! Tough to tank with a hot goalie between the pipes! Haha 

2) I might be a little bias…but I think it’s a great move! Rip is coming into his own as a player and starting to contribute on the ice. Onward and upward! 
3) get ride of the bots! 
4) Pizza rolls and sour cream and onion pringles! The best! 
5) I’m old school…two eggs over easy, hash browns and bacon/sausage. 
6) Played defense, usually right side. 

On 8/28/2023 at 8:43 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Puckstopper M.D. has been fantastic given what we've set the goal for this season. He's taking the opportunity to remain hot and show he won't take a step back this season. 

2. Rip's been great so far this season! Having a solid player on the lineup will never hurt as long as the rest of us live up to our potential and match his play. 

3. I've personally no problem with 2FA, though I won't speak for everyone on this matter. 

4. As being the man himself, I love a good roast. Meat, Potatoes, Green veggies. I like balanced and hearty meals and would share that love with the team. 

5. Black coffee, Four eggs scrambled with bacon between two slices of toast. Hot sauce all over. 

6. I played right defense  for two years in high school. I was never much for skating, left it to the professionals as I returned to my focus of wrestling. 

image.png

Presser for week ending Sept 10 2023

1. The tank is going well! Are you okay with the teams willingness to lose this season or should we be looking to win no matter what?

2. Which player on the team is performing better than expected?

3. Which player is underperforming?!

4. Who’s the toughest player on the team and why?

5. You're sitting down after a long weekend and you flip on the TV. What’s your go to show?!

6. Do you believe in Aliens?!? Why or why not?

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. The tank is going well! Are you okay with the teams willingness to lose this season or should we be looking to win no matter what?

5. You're sitting down after a long weekend and you flip on the TV. What’s your go to show?!

1. Ideally every team can compete and have a chance at a championship. However not every team can compete every season. The process of loosing today to win tomorrow only works if you hit on your draft picks.

2. Steve Lattimer is second for the team in points. That is good for his TPE.

3. Gavin Rozzdale has only produced 3 points. Not a noted point producer but still.

4. Rip Wheeler has been absolutely destroying people out there. He is going to have so many hits this season.

5. I don't really have a set show on the weekends. Just watch whatever sports are on with naps and the occasional YouTube video.

6. Statically they are a possibility. Practically the distance between life is so vast no modern technology can connect us.

On 9/4/2023 at 3:15 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) I trust the process. I do hate to lose, but as long as Rip can go out there and crush fools on the forecheck, I’m good with it. 
2) Honestly probably Rip! Lol I’m happy with the hits and he’s even putting some pucks in the net! 
3) I’m too much of a team guy to take that bait! Lol 

4) Captain Phil! He’s a savage!!!

5) Probably Sons of Anarchy or The Wire…binge watch time! 
6) Of course! Men in Black was more fact than fiction!

image.png

Wrangler's Presser Week Ending September 17, 2023

1. We are halfway-ish through the season, How are we feeling about our team's performance thus far?
2. We are clearly aiming for the bottom of the standings this season, What are your expectations for next season?
3. Looking at the top 5 players in the draft, who should Calgary be targeting?
4. The trade deadline is coming up soon, should Calgary be active and what should they be doing?
5. Do you own any pets? What kind? How many? Names?
6. Summer has come to and end! What season is your favorite? Why?

On 9/4/2023 at 6:15 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Yeah, I don't have an issue with it. It's the natural cycle of a team and one that is pretty dang successful as long as the manager is on top of things. 

2. Dilson is standing on his head out there with how the team is performing overall. That is a crazy good save percentage.

3. The team was probably hoping for a better performance from the likes of Vinny hoping that older players would lead the way. 

4. Old man Phil has been a tough sumanagun this season. Not afraid to make a point with his hits and fists. If it's legal or not is another discussion.

5. Dragon Ball binge on repeat. My childhood and comfort show!

6. I mean they're essentially confirmed to be real right? What is our leadership hiding from us?!

7 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. We are halfway-ish through the season, How are we feeling about our team's performance thus far?
2. We are clearly aiming for the bottom of the standings this season, What are your expectations for next season?
4. The trade deadline is coming up soon, should Calgary be active and what should they be doing?

1. It is what is to be expected and it will change. It's a part of the rebuilding cycle. As someone who is not a part of the roster just yet, I do feel success will come and that this is just a part of the process.

2. Well, I'm hoping to have a shot with the big club and seeing where Raimo can fit in. We have a great future ahead of us in this franchise.

3. Grimgor Ironhide would be a great choice to target. Also, if we have later first round picks I'd also go for Toby Kadachi because ROOKIE745 is a great earner.

4. I feel like Calgary should go for more futures if possible but I don't know the situation that well regardless and we have a lot of young promising players already.

5. Used to have a budgie named Sky; sadly passed away in March. Absolute beauty.

6. Winter has to be my favourite because I get to bundle up AND free outdoor rinks in Calgary.

12 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. About what is expected for a rebuild. Just need more time.

2. We should be somewhat better next season. Maybe even a borderline playoff team.

3. Thor Reingaard is the top player in the draft class. Both Moths are also really good. And Red Panda is the top goaltender in the class.

4. Try to aquire picks and young players.

5. A beautiful mutt named Duncan.

6. I really can't say. Every season has it's pros and cons.

1. I feel pretty decent about our performance given our expectations. The locker room seems upbeat, people are excited about the future even if we're taking our lumps right now.

2. I expect the 'rebuild' to be overnight, we'll be competing for a playoff spot as soon as next season and announce our presence with authority.

3. I'm not sure, I don't look at those sorts of things typically. I have complete faith and trust that our GMs will get us the right players who can contribute now as well as being great locker room presences.

4. I think we should stay the course. Let's not mortgage our future by shaking up things now unless we gain an offer too good to refuse.

5. I have 3 dogs. Abby (12), Samson (11), Larka (11 months). I've signed up for a lot of pain. They're all mutts, all are part pit. Abby's 45 pounds, Samson is 70, Larka is close to 50.

6. Favorite season is the fall - sweatshirt weather, football, baseball playoffs, you name it. 

On 9/10/2023 at 11:52 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. I think everyone expected that Calgary was not going to be a threat as they went into the rebuild and that's where they sit right now. Seems to be according to plan for me.

2. It might be a step up for the team but I'm expecting that it's going to be a lot of the same for the Wranglers.

3. It will be a crime against the hockey gods if Calgary doesn't find a way to get another Janser in the system. 

4. More picks could never hurt but Calgary has done a fantastic job to move the pieces to bring in future picks already. 

5. I have three pets. A grey tabby cat name Mew and two miniature schnauzers, Dorian and Lexie. 

6. Winter! I'm not a fan of the heat but perfectly okay with the cold weather and snow. 

image.png

1. I think things have pretty much been going as expected for Calgary this season. 

2. I wouldn't expect too much of a significant improvement for next year, a rebuild doesn't happen automatically.

3. I would imagine you have to target Janser.

4. Calgary doesn't necessarily need to be too active, but if opportunities are there to gain more draft picks that wouldn't be a bad thing. 

5. I don't currently have pets. I live in an apartment and refuse to pay a monthly fee just to have a pet.

6. Fall is the best season and it's not even close. Hoodie/flannel weather, hunting, football, Thanksgiving, it's the elite season. 

image.png

1. Better than expected for a team who lost so much of their core. At the heart, Captain Philly and Cow just seem to be ignoring the idea of the 'tank' and are thriving. 
2. Much the same of how our games are actually going now, most if not all are close and I really couldn't ask for more. Although some more W's would be nice. 
3. Rankings aside, Calgary should definitely be bringing the Janser name back to the squad! Rooting for Callum!
4. I've no opinion on the TDL, I think the draft is where we'll make the most change. 
5. I've got a pup named Bear. A rescue dog I got a year ago. 
6. Fall for sure. The afternoons are still relatively warm, and the whole day warrants sweater wearing. 

On 9/10/2023 at 8:52 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) I’m trusting the process. Hate to lose though! 
2) looking for a big bounce back season!!gotta get back to the playoffs and winning consistently!

3) whoever the rice man thinks is best! Total trust in him! 
4) i think staying the course is best. Trust the process! 
5) 5 year old mut named Duke! He’s the best boy! 
6) I love summer, grilling and beers all day!

image.png

Press Conference for week ending September 23rd 2023

1. We are sitting in a nice spot and will likely grab a top 5 pick in this draft. Are you a believer in drafting best player available or positional need?

2. Things are rather quiet in Calgary right now. A lot of inactives mixed with a few active players. What is a good way to boost activity in a locker room?

3. Does your player shoot right or left? What type of stick are they rocking?

4. Calgary wants to have a 50/50 night with the proceeds going towards a foundation. What foundation do you think we should support?

5. You’ve taken a puck to the head and wake up at the hospital, having amnesia!! Over time you realize you’re horrible at hockey but are somehow amazing at another sport!?!? What sport is it?

6. Have you ever done a race similar to a Spartan Race or ever ran for a cause? Tell me about that experience. 

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. We are sitting in a nice spot and will likely grab a top 5 pick in this draft. Are you a believer in drafting best player available or positional need?

2. Things are rather quiet in Calgary right now. A lot of inactives mixed with a few active players. What is a good way to boost activity in a locker room?

4. Calgary wants to have a 50/50 night with the proceeds going towards a foundation. What foundation do you think we should support?

5. You’ve taken a puck to the head and wake up at the hospital, having amnesia!! Over time you realize you’re horrible at hockey but are somehow amazing at another sport!?!? What sport is it?

6. Have you ever done a race similar to a Spartan Race or ever ran for a cause? Tell me about that experience. 

1. BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! Positional need can always be addressed in 3rd round or through free agency. Plus, needs can change as time goes on. Case Study: Juolevi

2. Honestly, I feel like that is something that naturally happens. I can't really think of an effective way to boost activity but I feel like when some of us prospects come in we'll definitely make some noise.

3. Raimo shoots right. He is left handed when it comes to writing so it makes sense that his left hand would be his top hand. He used to use an Easton Synergy stick but he has recently switched to a CCM Ribcor Trigger 7 Pro. Funnily, playing junior hockey in Finland, he used a wooden Sherwood stick for the first half of the season.

4. I'd say go for the Calgary Food Bank. Monetary contributions are WAY more effective for them over canned food drives and the like. The amount of locally produced food that they can buy with straight cash easily is a bigger benefit than an equivalent cost of canned food.

5. I suck at hockey but now I have become a badminton god! I am the second coming of Lin Dan.

6. I have never done a Spartan Race or ran for cause but I am definitely going to look into it. If Terry Fox Runs count though, I have definitely participated in those and think that the fight against cancer is still very relevant and important.

1. I actually sit in between. Drafting for need, best available, but also culture fit. Someone who is committed to the journey and is communicative. Ultimately speaking reliability may be the most important attribute in my opinion.

2. Get those inactive MFers off the team. Well actually, depends on how you define inactive. I'm not crazy active in the LR but am active in doing what I can to help my team win and continuing to earn. And engaging when engaged in the LR. So hopefully that's palatable to my teammates.

3. Righty. He only jerks off with his left.

4. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America. There are a dearth of male volunteers for this program as well and hopefully it would inspire more men to participate.

5. Baseball. I was awesome at baseball.

6. I've never done stuff like that, my competitive juices were with 'real' sports and now that my body is too broken down to participate in those IRL, I am relegated to online simulation leagues. Life comes at you fast.

17 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Ideally you want both. Needs can change especially within the season or two its takes for prospect to develop grabbing the best player is the better guiding principle.

2. The fantasy hockey league is a great place to start. I believe that it will pick up when we are contenders again.

3. He shoots right with a Bauer Vapor Hyperlite 2.

4. The National Alzheimer's Association. I lost grandparents from both sides of my family. A cure will help so many people.

5. Surprisingly enought, baseball. Shubham Anand was going to go pro in cricket and those abilities are translatable to baseball.

6. I have not. I have tried distance running before. I am more of a sprinter.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:43 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. When you have a top pick I think you have to go with the best available player. 

2. As long as there are Pokemon to catch I'll always be lingering.

3. He shoots right. I never played hockey so I honestly don't know much about equipment or types of sticks so I'll just say he uses some kind of CCM stick. 

4. Contribute to something that promotes youth sports.

5. I've become a master at turning left and now am a NASCAR legend.

6. I have never ran any sort of race for a cause. As a Boy Scout I used to volunteer at local 5Ks to hand out water to other people as they ran by.

On 9/17/2023 at 6:43 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) beat available for sure!

2) weekly polls or something to get the boys goin! 
3) Righty, all wood Sherwood for sure 

4) VFW - Veterans if Foreign Wars!
5) Probably baseball…I was a decent pitcher at 12 years old! Lol 

6) I ran a half marathon once! Rock and roll marathon…felt like I was gonna die! But I made it!