Ethan Osborne Retirement

STZ

Well this is it. Can’t believe this day is here. It feels like I’ve invested so much time in this player, and it actually really sucks this has to happen.

When I first came to the VHL, I never would have imagined I’d be as immersed as I am today. The community, the league, everything, it’s great. I envisioned Osborne to be a decent player that was a team-first player. I really can’t believe the evolution into a superstar that he became.

Winning a cup was the highlight of his career. However, being the first first-gen taken first overall in the VHL was really huge. Getting 4 Grimm Awards was great. Capping my final active season off with an MVP and Slobo Award was also unimaginable.

I’ve met so many great people on this site, and I’d like to thank each and every one of them for making my time here so enjoyable. All the players I’ve played with have been great. The new player also means a fresh start with new opportunities - although I’ll never miss the run with Osborne and how much fun it really was. Before I go out I feel like I should really give shoutouts. I could probably go on for days about every member who affected me (hell, I did a full VHL Magazine shouting out every member lol). Instead, I’m going to shoutout two guys that really stand out.

Higgins - First and foremost, Thank you Higgy. You took a huge chance on Osborne taking me over two amazing recreate members. Not only that, but my entire career I played next to you, and it was honestly a fuckin blast. It was a fun ride with Helsinki and it was so entertaining sitting in the passenger seat. You are the reason Osborne had sim success, as you always knew how to get the most out of him (all those resims and rigging). Higgy put an amazing franchise together and always surrounded us with players that were fun to play with. You’re a major reason the past 1.5 years have been a blast.

Victor - The one guy who gave me opportunity after opportunity right off the hop. You hooked me up with my first grader job, and vouched for me every time I needed it. I don’t think my stock as a member would have risen as fast if you weren’t there. I’ve been a grader, VHLM Mag Writer, VHL Mag Editor, BOG member, VHLM GM, and VHL GM. I’m not saying you’re responsible for all my jobs - but you definately helped me get each opportunity in some way. I still don’t really know why I was given the benefit of the doubt right off the hop - but I’m grateful.

Anyways, I went on a lot longer than I thought. Again, thanks to the entire community. I can’t wait to do this all over again..

BORNE TO BE WYLDE

Great career with Osbourne STZ, wish ya the best with your new guy and good luck taking over the Titans to recreate a dynasty like it was once was with Osbourne. Will be fun to be apart of a draft class with such a great member.

:cheers:

• Admin

Wow. Ummm, I didn't even realise I had such an influence over someone.

Probably the main reason for the initial grade hire was that I remember that I was given the grading opportunity really early in my VHL career and took off from there. I guess I wanted to give someone else the same foundation.

I'm a bit embarrassed such a massive chunk of this is about me. The reason you've moved up the VHL ladder is because you're such a hard-working member and that should never go unnoticed. And your player is living proof of that. Great career and here's to many more. :cheers:

Can we do take back all of the trades and compete for another season?

Great career hope we can play again soon with new players. Thanks for making my first draft pick as GM look so damn good and for listening to my thousands of scenarios.

Well STZ, you know how highly I rate you as a member and what you did with OZ. One of the best guys I've shared a LR, Gif thread and Plug DJ room with, and Osborne was simply awesome. All the best for Wylde and I hope we can be teammates again at some point in the future.

Going to give this some attention in a Pajodcast for sure but man it feels like just yesterday you were joining the league. That you were just coming into your own as one of the best first gen members going. Now your already done with a player on starting on another, a GM of a team, a BoG member and already have a likely HoF under your belt. Way to go sir, glad to see we could keep you around and even more glad for what you have brought this league and community. 

a little late, but retirement party in the Titan Plug Room?

Any excuse for a Titans Plug Party tbh.. Gotta get that back up as a regular thing imo.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone.