Odinsson Press Conferences....

BOOM

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, a big thank you for all of your questions. The response was overwhelming.

How have you found the move to New York?

Well, due to the family history associated with the city, it's been a seamless transition. The locker room has welcomed me with open arms and it's a great city to be in.

Rumors have been circulating of a rift in the locker room...true?

Ummm, no. That sir, seems like a load of shit. There was a minor disagreement when the leadership group was announced and I was given an "A". Wilinsky was a little miffed, but being the terrific guy he is, I think we have all moved past that.

You started the season on fire. What's happened since?

Yes, no one was more surprised than myself with the way S65 began. I came out of the blocks on fire and was a point machine. Unfortunately, there's two sides to every coin and reality has brought me back to earth. I suck again. Sorry New York....maybe you can get a refund.

The member Gorlab has come back to activity on the site. Opinion?

It's great! Gorlab was a much misunderstood member early on here in the VHL. After getting to know him a little more and seeing his contributions to other leagues like the SBA, he's a great guy who is a more than welcome re-addition to the VHL. I'm happy he's back.

Last question. Are you disappointed with the lack of responses to this press conference thread?

No, I expected it. I've come to learn that if you don't expect anything from anyone, you won't be disappointed. The VHL simply echos reality.

What are your agency's plans once Odinsson retires? 

Can this Americans team still make the playoffs with how inconsistent they've been?

What has been your favourite part of the whole VHL experience?

Favourite pregame ritual?

If you had to start a franchise, would you take someone like Carey Price or say Nathan MacKinnon at their current skill and age?

Favourite type of protein?

• 4 weeks later...

1. do you care about my temper tantrums on NY?

2. and how about my resim demands cause of temper tantrums?

3. are you heading to FA following this season?

4. how more seasons do you plan to play with Odinsson?

5. your fav player (out of your created players)?

6. did you enjoy Odinsson's career more in Helsinki or NY?

7. are you surprised I showed up to your press conference?

8. which sim league did you enjoy more, VHL/SBA/or EFL?

9. do you think you will change your mind about retiring completely after Odinsson?

10. your fav teammate now?

On 3/14/2019 at 3:21 PM, oilmandan said:

Can this Americans team still make the playoffs with how inconsistent they've been?

If you had to start a franchise, would you take someone like Carey Price or say Nathan MacKinnon at their current skill and age?

Firstly, thanks for the questions. I'd actually missed your post and was wallowing in even more self-pity than usual so didn't even check this thread.

Well I think I stated in a VHL.com article that Vaydar will be my final VHL player when his time ends. I'm not really into the VHL as much as I was with my early players, so I think it really is time to end the relationship once and for all.

I think they can just manage to sneak in from the results of the final sim. Just call me Nostradamus.

I'd have to say the friendships I've made and seeing my better players develop and perform within the STHS engine. I lucked out with a couple of them but I'd put the work in and it finally paid off.

I simply listen to my pump up playlist, stretch and get dressed from my left side first. It's not exciting but it's always been the same.

I'll be right back, I'm just googling who those guys are. Oh, OK. They are hockey people. I'd probably take Price, purely on position scarcity. There's a few great skaters with tremendous skill, but elite goaltending is hard to come by.

It might seem odd, but Kangaroo is great. It's a little gamey, but very lean, a ton of iron and even though it's better marinaded, it can be used a lot of ways. Apparently there's 60 million of the fucking things jumping around down here, so killing and consuming the bloody things will also benefit the environment.

giphy.gif

On 4/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. do you care about my temper tantrums on NY?

2. and how about my resim demands cause of temper tantrums?

3. are you heading to FA following this season?

4. how more seasons do you plan to play with Odinsson?

5. your fav player (out of your created players)?

6. did you enjoy Odinsson's career more in Helsinki or NY?

7. are you surprised I showed up to your press conference?

8. which sim league did you enjoy more, VHL/SBA/or EFL?

9. do you think you will change your mind about retiring completely after Odinsson?

10. your fav teammate now?

1. I actually found them entertaining. You are entitled to be disappointed with the playoffs and I don't begrudge you saying whatever you want. It's refreshing. 

2.The precedent has been set, so if a GM has sufficient grounds for a resim, it should happen. 

3. Yes. I'll be testing Free Agency this off-season. I may also be making the switch to defense as well. I have no plans as to where I'd like to play, so hopefully I'll get an offer from someone. 

4. I think Odinsson probably has two more seasons in him. Sometimes it's a grind for me, so the end is quite near. 

5. There's only one player that I truly miss, and that's Tordahl. I enjoyed every season with him and I think that was my prime time as a member. 

6. I'm sure most GMs know that I thrive on activity in the LR. With discord now in place, LR's are dying. With no offense to New York, the Titans had the more active LR so I enjoyed it there a little more. 

7. Yes I am. We haven't had much to do with each other, so to see you here was a pleasant surprise. 

8. I would rank them VHL, EFL and then SBA. I'm considering rejoining the efl after I have had a break from the VHL. As for the sba, I had to create a guy with a gimmick to stay interested. Avi Cohen was a Jewish zombie PF. 

9. No. The decision was made some time ago, and the reality of life means that the VHL is not holding the same appeal as it used to for me. That's disappointing as I have formed some good friendships here, but we all have to move on at some stage. 

10. Well, if you mean New York, I like all of them. No issues with anyone there. Sullivan Jr and Wilinsky are both cool, but the whole team is OK. 

Thanks for the questions! 

1) My main memories with you are having you as my assistant GM at Yukon and signing you in S45 to lose to Helsinki in the finals. Do you have any fun memories from those times?

2) Who was your favorite GM?

3) Tell me something about Australia that isn't a stereotypical joke a Yank wouldn't know?

4) You have been in free agency more than anyone I know. What was the best and worst pitch you received?

5) What is your favorite and least favorite VHL team?

6) Who could win in a fight me or @flyersfan1453?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 3:49 AM, eaglesfan036 said:

1) My main memories with you are having you as my assistant GM at Yukon and signing you in S45 to lose to Helsinki in the finals. Do you have any fun memories from those times?

2) Who was your favorite GM?

3) Tell me something about Australia that isn't a stereotypical joke a Yank wouldn't know?

4) You have been in free agency more than anyone I know. What was the best and worst pitch you received?

5) What is your favorite and least favorite VHL team?

6) Who could win in a fight me or @flyersfan1453?

1. No, I have had hypnotherapy to remove all traces of that time. I still get a nervous feeling when I walk past a closet, but not sure why. 

2. That's a tough one. DA was my first GM so he has a special place, but honestly, I've played for that many GMs and none of them have sucked. STZ and ADV were cool to play for and both Victor and Higgins were good to play for. Most recently, Quik was very good to me both on site and to talk to about real life crap. I'm thankful to have played for all my GMs. 

3. We are the largest island in the world? Shit, I don't know. You are very educated, so I expect you know a ton of stuff. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about specific things. At least it's better now. When I first started, I'd get questions like what cars we have, and do we have Pepsi. Really. 

4. Asking someone with dementia a question like this is difficult. I was tampered with a couple of times, so won't specify by who but all the pitches are pretty much the same. Come play here,  we are about to make a run at a cup, it's a great LR.... which is obsolete now with the introduction of discord in my opinion. 

5. Again, difficult. I had a great time playing for New York and Davos and I enjoyed my first time in Helsinki. The only time I genuinely wanted out was when I was drafted by Sandro to the Legion. That was never going to work. 

6 I'll choose you. I imagine that you have a strong backhand from your tennis experience. 

Thanks @eaglesfan036

1) Can you explain what the National Crystal Meth Hallucination League is? How do I join it? What's the URL?

2) Have you played for every single VHL franchise yet (aside from the expansion teams)? Which VHL franchises have you not played for? If there are any, which one do you want to cross of the list the most?

3) Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead?  Do you like girls with short hair (like buzz cut short)? I certainly do. (pause)

4) Are you exceedingly wealthy irl? I don't know why, but whenever you say you're buying a plane ticket to Canada to come run the fade with me, I believe you. That flight prob costs a couple grand, at least, you know.

5) Besides BOOM and UZI what other aliases have you used on sim leagues? Anything notable?

Thanks!

1. What are your thoughts on the trade you were recently a part of?

2. Can you talk at all about what you're looking for in free agency this year?

3. What are the chances you get bored within a year of retiring this player and end up coming back for "just one more"?

4. FMK: Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett, Hugh Jackman

5. Where were you when Steve Irwin died?

On 4/25/2019 at 2:43 PM, gorlab said:

1) Can you explain what the National Crystal Meth Hallucination League is? How do I join it? What's the URL?

That's a solo league that I play in. I have no memory after I play and often wake up naked on the street covered in blood. You wouldn't want to join. 

2) Have you played for every single VHL franchise yet (aside from the expansion teams)? Which VHL franchises have you not played for? If there are any, which one do you want to cross of the list the most?

Good question. I think Riga was first in S25 and subsequently I have ticked every franchise except Stockholm and the two newest obviously. I'm about to finish my time here soon, so maybe one of the new teams could be added to the list. 

3) Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead?  Do you like girls with short hair (like buzz cut short)? I certainly do. (pause)

It changes, but majority of the time, it's Brunettes #1. I'm not a fan of women with that kind of hairstyle unless they are exceptionally beautiful. Each to their own though. 

4) Are you exceedingly wealthy irl? I don't know why, but whenever you say you're buying a plane ticket to Canada to come run the fade with me, I believe you. That flight prob costs a couple grand, at least, you know.

Exceedingly wealthy? No. I do OK. I am lucky enough to have just bought 200+ acres of land to build my home on and am looking forward to that. I'm sure the flight to Canadia is expensive, but I'm heading back to US Northeast at Xmas, so maybe I'll drive across the border again. Last time I walked across a bridge from Calais Maine into St Stephens NB. You better live somewhere better than that shithole for me to visit. 

5) Besides BOOM and UZI what other aliases have you used on sim leagues? Anything notable?

Ummm, tricky question. I'm sure others might remember more. There's been Boomchenko, Thundakowski, Mcgraw in SHL, Samurai7 here and others that I've joined a league with, but eventually changed to a more recognisable username. 

Thanks!

Youre welcome. 

1. Why did you decide to sign with Malmo?

2. What are your goals for year one in Malmo?

3. Who was your favorite player that you ever had?

4. Is there a reason you post your iconic locker room thread?

5. Are you happy with the season you just had in New York?

1. For real, Malmo 2 good? 

2. What motivated the decision to switch to D, I know it was a little coming as you were talking about doing it?

3. You have stated that Vaydar may be your last player, is that still the case if so, why? 

4. You've had a lot of VHL players, which one of them do you think you'll look back on the most fondly after all is said and done?

5. Despite a young roster Malmo has some older higher TPA leaders who look to carry the load. How well do you think Malmo will fair in S66, and chemistry wise who is going to do the most damage for the club in the season in your estimation? 

1. Why did you decide to sign with Malmo?

It was a very tough decision this time around. There was 6 offers originally, but I had to narrow it down. In the end, it was Calgary, Moscow and Malmo in the running and for a couple of reasons the Nighthawks won out. A lot of history between ADV and I, the chance to play for and help develop a new franchise and to try and bring out the potential of Odinsson. 

2. What are your goals for year one in Malmo?

A mix of team and personal success would be nice. I'd like to try and help the team be competitive throughout the season and to contribute however possible. 

3. Who was your favorite player that you ever had?

Even though Tordahl was my most successful player, I thought that I was really going to enjoy managing Bizmarck Koenig in the VHL. I liked his South African/German back story. 

4. Is there a reason you post your iconic locker room thread?

Old habits probably and the distinct possibility that if I don't post boobs, I'll become even less relevant here. It's true I love beautiful women, but I've carved a persona with it, that means few people here know what I'm actually like "offsite". 

5. Are you happy with the season you just had in New York?

No. Odinsson didn't perform as well as I'd hoped and was disappointing at a team level. I think that it wasn't the ideal situation for him to produce for the team. No ones fault, Spade18 was doing his best for the Americans. 

6. Is Malmos rivalry with Moscow now? 

Probably. Those gangster punks in Russia have an over-inflated opinion of themselves, and one of our players, Jerry Garcia has taken it upon himself to call them out. It's Russia though, so what do you expect? They probably thought that they would be successful by intimidation and bribery. Malmo says No. 

Edited by BOOM

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 4:52 AM, Devise said:

1. For real, Malmo 2 good? 

2. What motivated the decision to switch to D, I know it was a little coming as you were talking about doing it?

3. You have stated that Vaydar may be your last player, is that still the case if so, why? 

4. You've had a lot of VHL players, which one of them do you think you'll look back on the most fondly after all is said and done?

5. Despite a young roster Malmo has some older higher TPA leaders who look to carry the load. How well do you think Malmo will fair in S66, and chemistry wise who is going to do the most damage for the club in the season in your estimation? 

6. How is your players name actually pronounced? 

1. No, I don't think so. We've obviously performed beyond expectations so far, but I'm always cautious about over confidence. 

2. I wasn't happy with the way that Odinsson was performing as a forward and I thought that he may be more needed as a defenseman. I started with Boomchenko as a DEF so it's a good way to go out with Odinsson. 

3. Yes, he's the end of the line. It's time and if being honest, I probably shouldn't have even created him. The VHL flame has been dead for a while. 

4. I think I've said it before, but for me it's probably Tordahl because of the success, but I really liked Bismarck Koenigs back story. I could have made him better if I'd stuck with him. 

5. Well I should have answered this earlier now that I have games to use as research, but I thought we'd be reasonably successful in the first season. I wasn't thinking possible playoffs, but it's a possibility if we can maintain some momentum. As for individuals, I thought that Materazo and Kovalev would be strong contributors but Glover has been outstanding. 

6. Well Vaydar is supposed to be said like it's Vader, as in Darth. It should have been made clearer but I didn't care about it at the time. 

Hi @BOOM! Very sad to hear that you're leaving soon, but that's an article for me to write some other time. To the questions...

1. Is this your last season, or your last player? Do you plan to stick around for Odinsson's full career?

2. Is there anything, other than the switch to Discord and the consequential drop-off in forum activity, that you feel may have made you less interested in the league?

3. How did you initially get started with the VHL, or sim leagues in general, and how did you go about making a name for yourself?

4. When did you become the boobmaster, and how?

5. What's your most interesting VHL story from back in the day?

6. Who, in your opinion, is the greatest VHL member of all time?

6 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Hi @BOOM! Very sad to hear that you're leaving soon, but that's an article for me to write some other time. To the questions...

1. Is this your last season, or your last player? Do you plan to stick around for Odinsson's full career?

Thanks for the questions, but 1.Yes and 2. No.