Why are you happy/or mad ?

boubabi

Happy: Big day this Thursday. I'm going to get my class' schedule, I'm probably going to apply for a couple jobs and I'm FINALLY GETTING MY PS4! <3

So the PNE are assholes. They said the Game of Thrones Exhibition is General Admission, and technically it is I suppose. But you have to show up and reserve a spot for the day, and everyone shows up in the morning to do that. They don't exactly advertise that, so I showed up at 2PM on pretty much my only chance to go see it only to see a giant sign that may as well have said FUCK YOU on it.

Just... fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Why am I happy? I am technically a Canadian citizen. Because of the class I had to qualify under I'm considered a German/American with a Canadian citizenship upon death at the time of being a minor. It's a fucked up title but I guess it's cool.

Happy

The fappening part 2 released today

AJ Lee
Alison Brie Leaked - Imgur
Amanda Bynes
Ashley Benson
Aubrey Plaza
Avril Lavigne
Bar Rafaeli
Dove Cameron
Gabi Grecko
Hayden Panettiere
Hope Solo
Jennette McCurdy
Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer Lopez
Jessica Alba
Jill Scott
Jordan Hinson
Joy Corrigan
Kaley Cuoco
Kim Kardashian
Kreayshawn
Kristen Bredehoeft
Krysten Ritter
lady gaga
Lake Bell
Lea Michelle
LeeLee Sobieski
Leilani Dowding
Lori Heuring
Marion Peru
May Anderson
Melina Perez
Mellisa Clarke
Michalka Sisters
Michelle Keegan
Michelle Trachtenberg
Mila Kunis
Miley Cyrus
Misc
Olivia Munn
Paige Duke
Paris Hilton
Proofs
Random Amateurs
Renee Olstead
Sarah Hyland
Sarah Shahi
Scarlett Johansson
Selena Gomez
Shiri Appleby
Taylor Swift
Tenna Torres
Vanessa Hudgens
Victoria Justice
Vida Guerra
jenny mcarthy
Amber Heard
Gabrielle Union
Emily Ratajkowski
Rachel Nichols
Rihanna
Meagan Good
Abigail Spencer
Kate Bosworth
Megan Boone
Yvonne Strahovski
Mary Kate Olson
Miesha Tate
Leelee Sobieski
Candice Swanepoel
Joanna 'JoJo' Levesque

• 2 weeks later...

Happy, sad, confused-ish?

Boss got fired, might accidentally a promotion.

Sucks because he was a good boss, also because fall is my busiest time of year and I might end up missing out on things I've already paid for or otherwise planned on doing.

Potentially good because once everything settles, I might either end up with the store, or replace someone somewhere else who takes the store. This would mean more money which is always a good thing.

if you want the tl;dr version, read only above this line and below the other line, ignore the part between.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically this: each store has a "Store Manager" which we will abbreviate as ST.

Most larger stores have an "Assistant Manager" which we will abbreviate as AS, my store is small and does not have one.

All stores have at least one "Shift Supervisor" which we will abbreviate as SS and many stores, especially ones without AS, have two. We have two, I am one, the other is an older woman relatively near to retirement.

It is pretty much unanimous that I am better at the job than the other SS despite being in the position for a far shorter period of time. Even she believes this to be true. Additionally, with her being so close to retirement, it would be relatively pointless for any promotions required from this to go to her. I've been near to two different promotions to AS in the last several months, so it's probably a fair assumption that something, one way or the other, will end up giving me a promotion out of this.

What would be simplest and require the least number of moves would be to just give me the store. Make me the ST and bring in some SS's from other stores to work a day here or there, just so the other SS and I can have some days off, until someone is fully hired. I doubt this happens, mostly because it would involve me skipping completely over AS. I'd certainly be capable, I also think that the people at the district level would agree since both my last reviews have been high enough to have to go through them for an approval (so they know how well I do by seeing the scores) but it would be a PR nightmare if there are other AS's at other stores who have been waiting. Sometimes it's not only about being capable, it's about being capable as well as being in the best position already.

What I would guess will happen: There's another store, it's a little farther away but still super local, where I worked for two months to train when I first got hired. They have an AS who has been with the company for some time. She could take over the store I am currently at, and I could replace her at the store where I used to be. To be fair, she hasn't gotten a store after being in the position for some time, so there might be a reason (either on their end or hers).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One way or another I think this will work out positively for me, but it sucks to lose a good guy from the company (he did something that most people would consider a positive but it opened up a can of worms with HR and they had to do the bureaucratically correct thing, even if it wasn't the best thing). Most of all, I feel bad for his kids, at least until he finds something. As for myself, I hate the uncertainty surrounding all of this, even if it ends up coming out as a positive. I like knowing things, I don't like being unsure, and this will leave me unsure for weeks until it's all straightened out.

Edited by diamond_ace

• Senior Admin

Hmm, that's interesting. Certainly sucks for him, but I hope it works out well for you.

As for me, I have a midterm tomorrow so that pretty much sums it up. 

• 2 weeks later...