Why are you happy/or mad ?

boubabi

Elated because I got somebody to cover my closing shift (retail) on Saturday so I can get blasted to celebrate several friends' birthdays.

Even more elated because cute girl I've been crushing on will be there.

Anyone know where I can pick up some mickeys?

Elated because I got somebody to cover my closing shift (retail) on Saturday so I can get blasted to celebrate several friends' birthdays.

DisneyLand? Disney World might be closer to you though.

Any liquor store ever.

Somewhat shaken up/relieved, I lost control and hit the ditch with my brother's car near the busiest section of Circle Drive.

I was bizarrely calm while this was happening. My mind was like, "All right, take it nice and easy. Don't spin out. Don't roll. There doesn't appear to be any cars close behind you, you'll probably be fine. Oh, you might get control here....nope you're going into the ditch now. Nice and easy. Don't roll. There we go. That was neat." If it had happened 10-20 minutes later I likely would have smashed into the sudden influx of traffic. If we hadn't gotten like a foot of fucking snow a few days ago I likely would have rolled. If it had happened 200 metres later I may have went off a bridge, or at least smashed into the bollards. Either way it would have been significantly more upsetting. A great deal of snow was clogged under the hood, which knocked off the alternator belt and caused the engine to overheat a bit. When I got home I doused the bitch with hot water, and I think it'll be fine when I get the belt back on. So I got pretty lucky. I'm now considering winter tires.

Then when I got towed home I got an email saying that I received a $1225 scholarship. And a free $10 dinner. So that was nice.

Any liquor store ever.

Somewhat shaken up/relieved, I lost control and hit the ditch with my brother's car near the busiest section of Circle Drive.

I was bizarrely calm while this was happening. My mind was like, "All right, take it nice and easy. Don't spin out. Don't roll. There doesn't appear to be any cars close behind you, you'll probably be fine. Oh, you might get control here....nope you're going into the ditch now. Nice and easy. Don't roll. There we go. That was neat." If it had happened 10-20 minutes later I likely would have smashed into the sudden influx of traffic. If we hadn't gotten like a foot of fucking snow a few days ago I likely would have rolled. If it had happened 200 metres later I may have went off a bridge, or at least smashed into the bollards. Either way it would have been significantly more upsetting. A great deal of snow was clogged under the hood, which knocked off the alternator belt and caused the engine to overheat a bit. When I got home I doused the bitch with hot water, and I think it'll be fine when I get the belt back on. So I got pretty lucky. I'm now considering winter tires.

Then when I got towed home I got an email saying that I received a $1225 scholarship. And a free $10 dinner. So that was nice.

Do you remember anybody driving by you and flipping you the bird??? Pretty sure that was me.

Do you remember anybody driving by you and flipping you the bird??? Pretty sure that was me.

No, but when the gravel spreader went by as I was waiting for a tow it felt like much the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Annoyed

Instead of cutting on my studio's nice, shiny, powerful mac pros I'm stuck this morning working on a shitty PC at the ONF that doesn't seem like it was designed for half the workload it currently has.

How is it the Government funded studio has worse tech than everyone else?

Umm... Pretty much in shock right now.

One of the Canucks fans I talked with a lot on Reddit had been missing for 20 days, and we just got news from his mother tonight that he took his own life two weeks ago. He battled depression almost his entire life, and I knew he was going through an especially difficult time of late so I was really worried that we would hear this. He mentioned me specifically in his note... I'm just stunned...

Umm... Pretty much in shock right now.

One of the Canucks fans I talked with a lot on Reddit had been missing for 20 days, and we just got news from his mother tonight that he took his own life two weeks ago. He battled depression almost his entire life, and I knew he was going through an especially difficult time of late so I was really worried that we would hear this. He mentioned me specifically in his note... I'm just stunned...

Yeah, that really sucks.

That was you she mentioned was in the note? Good on you for being a good man.

Yeah, that really sucks.

That was you she mentioned was in the note? Good on you for being a good man.

It seems a few people were mentioned specifically, along with /r/hockey and /r/canucks as a whole. I was one of those few people.