Why are you happy/or mad ?

boubabi

• 3 weeks later...

The Legend of Korra is over forever and I don't know what to do with myself now. I'm not ready to say goodbye to those characters.

Why am I so attached to my damn TV shows? haha

Dude I wasn't the same for like a month after Flashpoint ended.

Dude I wasn't the same for like a month after Flashpoint ended.

I think part of it is that there is so much more that could've been done with Legend of Korra, but the creators got totally screwed over by Nickelodeon.

The Canucks got a win. I needed that. I've been feeling legitimately depressed since waking up on Friday. It seems sort of silly even to me to get so wrapped up in a television series I knew would end, but Avatar and Korra helped me change my perspective on a lot of things in life and I hope I'm better for it. I've spent a good amount of the last 48 hours with a group of friends, which was nice... But I was still dealing with mood swings most of yesterday, and my appetite has been pretty much nothing. I acted like a fucking idiot and mixed way too many drinks last night, resulting in me blacking out.

The Canucks getting that win tonight though... I just needed it. I'm going to miss the heck out of those series and I can't wait until enough time has passed that I can go back and re-watch them. Guess I'll finish off this post and go to bed with a quote I keep repeating in my head: How wonderful it is to have something that makes saying goodbye so difficult.

Love ya VHL bros. Hopefully I'll be back around with a new player eventually. <3

• 1 month later...

I really need to stop getting so angry at work. I get called all sorts of names and every time I fall into the trap, and wig out. Does anyone have any advice? What do you do when you get mad at work?

I worked as a dish bitch one summer at a restaurant. Honestly wasn't bad, nice people great boss, free meals every shift. I had a friend who had experience as a line cook, and my restaurant was looking to hire one. I put in a good word for him and he got the job there. Not two weeks later, I find out during a shift (with him) that he was quitting. I was mad. In fact, I've barely spoken to the guy since this happened. But I still had work to do, which included interacting with him for the rest of the night. I just had to pretend I didn't care and continue. The job is the important part. Get your shit done, do it well. I could have gotten angry at him, and caused a scene, and made it awkward for everyone, but I just bit the bullet and moved on.

I guess that isn't really that related, but I hope it offers some perspective. I don't know your situation, but I hope it gets better.

As for direct advice? Try not to retaliate with insults. Staying silent probably won't work, but offering a sarcastic "Nice one..." could potentially lead to them getting bored. 

Listen more, talk less.

^ Pretty much this. I didn't say much to anyone when I was seasonal at Target -- there is one Team Leader that I don't like dealing with but everyone else is fine -- once I got the job as a permanent team member I opened up a bit more because I was secure in that spot.

And now there are absolutely zero fucks given by the entire team, which can be pretty fun.

Edited by Sandro