Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

9 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. With two recent wins, what are your expectations for the rest of the season?

Can't get too excited just yet.  Expectations are staying reasonable, staying true to the tank.

2. Is Bastian Greiss that good as a goalie or are we on an upswing?

HE'S GOOD.  The saviour of our team at this point.

3. Favourite place to eat in Mexico City?

Anything authentic from street vendors.

4. You can add any one rule to the league, what is it?

Not sure on a solution but a rule to create more parity in the VHLM would be nice, roster sizes aren't fully balanced right now as some teams run deep while others *cough* Mexico *cough* are thin.

5. Do we need a new logo in your opinion?

Yeah, something safer lol.

6. We are entering a lockdown where I live....how have you been handling covid and all that comes with it lately?

Just got out of a second lockdown, nice to be training consistently again now that gyms are open.  The solitude was nice for a bit however.

Edited by v.2

. With two recent wins, what are your expectations for the rest of the season?

The season started off on the rocks, theres no doubt about that, but we've been getting stronger as a team, and i think we still have a few surprises left for the other teams in the rest of this season.

Bastian has been on a hot streak these last few games, he's new to the league but hes already showing hes comfortable on the ice; i think he's a strong asset to the team, and i expect our momentum to last.

You know what, this may sound cheesy, but heading up to the concessions before the game and grabbing a hot dogs has got to be my favorite haha.

I think we should raise the amount of capped TPE you can earn in a week! If you're willing to put in the effort, your player will reap the rewards.

I love our logo, but truthfully, i think we need a new logo that shows a little bit more of Mexico and its history and culture.

6. We are entering a lockdown where I live....how have you been handling covid and all that comes with it lately?

Covids been a real struggle, Ive always been a really social guy, and not being able to really go out and do anything outside of home, or the rink, has been a real hard adjustment i've had to make.

13 hours ago, Advantage said:

Mexico City Kings Press Conference :mck:

*Answer all six questions for 2 Capped TPE*

@v.2 @McKelvie @duckberg32 @DrummerBoy15 @ThatsGreissy @Darth Kaprizov @Yolo @Shane Laz

Our goal is to win and I expect us to keep doing so. We have a great group and we aren't quitting on this season.

He's a fantastic goalie that will be in the VHL very soon. It helps our team knowing we have a wall behind us. 

Anywhere the team goes. Food tastes better after a win with the boys.

The winner of the Founder's Cup and last place in the VHL play each other, the winner plays in the VHL the following season.

I don't think so, we have one of, if not the best logo in the VHLM and I'm proud to wear it every game.

Where I live we are taking steps backwards so it's been difficult, but at the end of the day this whole process will take patience. I know this will all be over soon enough which makes this all a little easier. 

On 4/8/2021 at 2:50 AM, Advantage said:

@v.2 @McKelvie @duckberg32 @DrummerBoy15 @ThatsGreissy @Darth Kaprizov @Yolo @Shane Laz

1. Honestly, I just want to use this season to improve myself. The L's we took throughout the season are going to be almost impossible to come back from at this point. 

2. I definitely think Bastian is an upgrade in between the pipes, but the most exciting part about him is his potential. He is still so raw as a player and improves every week. I cannot wait to see how he evolves going into next season.

3. El Cardenal has amazing pork and I would do unspeakable things for their hot chocolate. 

4. No goalies allowed when Watson Stonebridge is on the ice... What?

5. I think it's an ok logo. Being named the Kings and not something else, plus also being FROM the country that we are paying homage to keeps the name and logo from being like the Washington Redskins situation. I do kind of think it's a bit boring though. 

6. Covid drag has been hitting pretty hard recently. Going just from practice to home to game back to home has begun to takes its toll on my mental facilities. I miss seeing friends and being with people. 

On 4/8/2021 at 2:50 AM, Advantage said:

1. To be honest, I am still not expecting playoff contention, but it is a very good sign, keep up the work. 

2. We have been needing a goalie, so I think he will be this good, and we will keep getting some more wins. 

3. Hmm. Chipotle if that have that there. 

4. Get rid of the draft for the college leagues like the other sister leagues. 

5. No. I think it is fine. 

6. Uh Oh. Its getting way better here because of the vaccine. However I am still staying home since I have high risk people in my home. 

jUj2ojh.png.cca88b5246c95382f4dff04f6d1bf7d0.png

Press Conference

(Answer for 2 capped TPE)

1. Since the addition of Bastian Greiss to the roster, as a team we’ve been able to secure 6 wins in the last week. Is this a fluke or do you think we can keep the momentum going and get a few more?

2. In your opinion, what could your GM and AGM do to make your time in Mexico more fun and enjoyable?

3. What is one strength and one weakness you’ve noticed with your player in this season so far?

4. If you were to be drafted into the VHL next season, what team would you want to be drafted to and why?

5. Our team is at the bottom of the league right now, in your opinion, why has our team struggled to find traction this season?

6. Tell me one thing that’s interesting about your players life!

@ThatsGreissy @Yolo @Shane Laz @DrummerBoy15  @McKelvie @Darth Kaprizov @duckberg32 @v.2 @Advantage  @CharaZardd7

Edited by ThatsGreissy
new player

1. Since the addition of Bastian Greiss to the roster, as a team we’ve been able to secure 6 wins in the last week. Is this a fluke or do you think we can keep the momentum going and get a few more?

I don't think it's a fluke as Greiss has been a tremendous upgrade between the pipes, however with such a young and inexperienced group we seem pretty destined to finish as a basement team.

2. In your opinion, what could your GM and AGM do to make your time in Mexico more fun and enjoyable?

Anything else that somehow earns us more TPE. 🤑  Nah, it's been an enjoyable season so far, the locker room is full of support.

3. What is one strength and one weakness you’ve noticed with your player in this season so far?

One strength I've really noticed is my shot blocking ability, currently leading the league in my first year with an astounding 129 shots blocked, 33 ahead of the next guy.  One weakness I've noticed is that I'd like to start hitting more, and finishing checks but I am convinced the physicality will come with maturity.

4. If you were to be drafted into the VHL next season, what team would you want to be drafted to and why?

Oooooh... I'd be happy to play for almost any team, as long as I could provide value and be apart of a smart, competitive, no BS organization.  Vancouver and Malmo def have the coolest logos though imo lol.

5. Our team is at the bottom of the league right now, in your opinion, why has our team struggled to find traction this season?

It's a rebuild year after winning it all last year.  Gotta stock the shelves somehow, but being a part of this team and having a larger role has been great for player development.

6. Tell me one thing that’s interesting about your players life!

Many don't know, but the Sova family gave birth to Tui in Fiji.

Edited by v.2

1. Since the addition of Bastian Greiss to the roster, as a team we’ve been able to secure 6 wins in the last week. Is this a fluke or do you think we can keep the momentum going and get a few more?

The latter. We've said all along that this team needed a goalie to win and the its proving to be right. 

2. In your opinion, what could your GM and AGM do to make your time in Mexico more fun and enjoyable?

No complaints here. I'm getting lots of minutes and making the most out of them as the leading scorer. 

3. What is one strength and one weakness you’ve noticed with your player in this season so far?

Strength - Scoring. If I'm not first, I'm definitely top 3 in S78 eligible players in goals scored.

Defense - Minus forty something is not a good look. I believe that's worst on the team. I need get better at that. 

4. If you were to be drafted into the VHL next season, what team would you want to be drafted to and why?

No preference right now. To be honest I haven't been paying enough attention to the VHL to see which teams I prefer. As long as its a good atmosphere and I get minutes. 

5. Our team is at the bottom of the league right now, in your opinion, why has our team struggled to find traction this season?

This was a factor into my proposed rule change in last weeks presser. The roster sizes are scattered amongst the VHLM and I believe that needs more balance. Our team has had 4 active players for most of the season while the Hounds have 15+.

He still works a full time job. 

A:  Its' not a fluke what so ever.  Maybe on paper he doesn't look like he should be able to stop a beach ball but he does what he needs to and he may be the greatest assistant to the assistant GM ever. 

A:  Ummm, move the training facility to Cancun?  Asking for a friend

A:  not enough goals and too many trips to the sin bin.

A:  I may defer and play another season for the Kings

A:  Need more players, but that's ok by me, extra ice time.

A:  I'm a BIG fan of 3Floyds, Foggy Geezy, Hazy IPA!  

DK86.JPG

Edited by Darth Kaprizov

1 hour ago, ThatsGreissy said:

No fluke at all, this team is staring to gel and Greissy has been the goalie we need him to be. We can win on any given day and we will continue to do so.

I've had a blast so far, Mexico offered the best opportunity to get solid minutes. I'm glad to be here and I hope I'll be here in the future.

I feel I've created great chances for my teammates to score. However  I need to work on my defensive game as my +/- is not looking so hot.

I'd be happy to play anywhere really, but If I had to chose one I'd pick Calgary to be close to family.

Well half our team came midway through the season and we have less players than most teams. Although as we get more players, we've done a lot better.

French Toast is my favorite pre-game meal.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, ThatsGreissy said:

Press Conference

1. Since the addition of Bastian Greiss to the roster, as a team we’ve been able to secure 6 wins in the last week. Is this a fluke or do you think we can keep the momentum going and get a few more?

2. In your opinion, what could your GM and AGM do to make your time in Mexico more fun and enjoyable?

3. What is one strength and one weakness you’ve noticed with your player in this season so far?

4. If you were to be drafted into the VHL next season, what team would you want to be drafted to and why?

5. Our team is at the bottom of the league right now, in your opinion, why has our team struggled to find traction this season?

@ThatsGreissy @Yolo @Shane Laz @DrummerBoy15  @McKelvie @Darth Kaprizov @duckberg32 @v.2 @Advantage

1.  Keep the momentum 

2. Maybe help revamp community/server. What I mean by this having more talk not just about hockey but also things interest specific. A lot of this is in the general chat, so maybe places for people to talk real sports and maybe current events for example would help boost the MEX community. 
3. I need to look more at my player. I am not as familiar in hockey lol . Although I do know I am decent at scoring and need to get a little better in discipline. 

4. Washington D.C

5. We didn't have a good goalie. 

6. He also plays football and basketball. 

Edited by DrummerBoy15

1. Im still new here, but i've looked through some of the records and it seems like we've been doing well since Bastian arrived, hopefully we get some more wins!

2. So far, the GM and AGM have been helpful and welcoming, couldn't ask for more :)

3. I haven't played a game yet, so it's hard to say, but I'm hoping my puck handling can get us through some tough spots.

4. Honestly, it would be an honour if i could even get picked, coming into the league this late in the season.

5. It seems like the main reason the teams struggled so far is the lack of players on the roster, hopefully my addition will be able to help some!

6. He's always flying back and forth to Germany on breaks! Cant get enough sausage LOL

On 4/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, ThatsGreissy said:

Press Conference

@ThatsGreissy @Yolo @Shane Laz @DrummerBoy15  @McKelvie @Darth Kaprizov @duckberg32 @v.2 @Advantage  @CharaZardd7

1. I think we will keep the momentum.  Our biggest hole has been filled and I think it makes us a competitive team.

2. I don't feel very qualified to answer this!

3. As a GM my biggest weakness is being prompt on offering to new players.  Strength is line skill and general quality of conversation when I reach out to a new recruit.

4. Davos.  Remain loyal to the brand.

5. Our early stretch without a goalie is the only reason we are in last.

6. As a GM, I have contemplated many times my own skills as a GM, despite what my resume indicates.

PRESS CONFERENCE

jUj2ojh.png.848499e96a22dedae7d493bec861a4ef.png

1. With the VHL draft nearing, what round/pick do you think your player will go? 

2. Now that the season is coming to a close, what do you think your players greatest strength has been?

3. Where has your player improved the most since the beginning of the season?

4. What has been your fondest memory of your time with the Kings organization?

5. Do you feel your player is ready for the VHL? Explain in one or more sentences.

6. What is one thing you plan on working  on with your player during the off-season to get him/her in shape for next season?

@Yolo @Advantage @Shane Laz @DrummerBoy15 @McKelvie @Darth Kaprizov @duckberg32 @CharaZardd7 @v.2 

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. With the VHL draft nearing, what round/pick do you think your player will go? 

I plan to be a first rounder and hope to be in the top 10.

2. Now that the season is coming to a close, what do you think your players greatest strength has been?

Definitely scoring. Only one away from 40 and I believe that leads the S78 class. 

My plan was to focus on my passing and playmaking skills. I do have 40 assists and feel like I see the ice pretty well. I would say that’s something I mostly improved on.

My first hat trick! 

5. Do you feel your player is ready for the VHL? Explain in one or more sentences.

I feel like I’m ready to contribute now, but it will be up to the team that drafts me. Of course I want to be in the VHL but if my team feels I should start the year in the minors again, I’ll support that decision.

6. What is one thing you plan on working  on with your player during the off-season to get him/her in shape for next season?

Going to build some muscle and hope

to get more strength.

Shooting for top 6.

Blocking shots for sure, leading the VHLM!

Scoring for sure, took a nice few games to consistently find the back of the net.

Getting top line minutes and running the point.

Not quite, however this offseason is the prime opportunity to train hard and work on some weaknesses in time for training camp.  The desire to play in the VHL is there, just depends on the physicality.

Strength and skating, mainly to become a faster skater with more endurance.

After seeing the draft rankings, I would guess either the third or fourth round but it doesn't matter to me as long as I get an opportunity.

I feel my playmaking abilities have been my shining moment. I love to find the open guys and create opportunities for the boys to bury it.

Putting the puck in the net has constantly gotten better for me. I may not have broken any records but as the year went on I feel I could better capitalize on scoring chances, especially as a "pass-first" player.

Playing with this group of guys has been an awesome experience. Everyone on this team has a future in the VHL. 

I feel more time in the VHLM is necessary to further develop my skills to ensure I'm ready for the next step. 

My defensive game needs improvement and getting back to defend the rush. My main weak spot this year was +/-.

1. With the VHL draft nearing, what round/pick do you think your player will go? 

I think I’ll end up going somewhere at the end of the draft in the last round, I’m still new, haven’t had time to show off my skill

I’ve been really good with my passing game. I rarely go a game without getting atleast 1 assist

I haven’t had much time to improve anything yet. 

the guys are great. The locker rooms always a fun, easy going place to unwind after a tough game. 

I feel like I could definetely use some more time in Mexico, but I’m always ready for a challenge

I really want to get my defensive game up. I can get assists relatively easy but I need to be more willing and ready to block shots and help out the goalie 

- I would like to decline and stay on Mexico City for another season.  The weather is top notch IMO.  After starting the season mid way thru, would like to spend more time developing within the Kings Organization.  

- skating, skating skating

- playmaking for sure.  

- No I don't think i'm ready.  Not enough strength and discipline to play with the BIG boys just year.  Need another year to mature with the Kings and their awesome front office. 

- lifting weights, working on my dangling and improving my hockey IQ from some of my misses this short season.  

DK86.JPG

Edited by Darth Kaprizov
forgot pic

On 4/19/2021 at 8:24 PM, ThatsGreissy said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

@Yolo @Advantage @Shane Laz @DrummerBoy15 @McKelvie @Darth Kaprizov @duckberg32 @CharaZardd7 @v.2 

1. I think second or third round. So like either second round or early third although I am getting drafted to VHLM. 

2. Probably scoring and assisting. 

3. Probably efficiency. 

4. Winning more games with our new goalie. 

5. The major leagues, I can't really make the determination yet since I am getting drafted to a college league. Yes, I do feel I am ready for a college league. 

6. Defending, scoring, and skating.

Press Conference

jUj2ojh.png.c7c936e30e9ff61c10349a01e9a97ec8.png

1. Now that our season has officially ended, describe your overall experience with the kings (what you liked and disliked)

2. Even though we didn’t make playoffs, we still get to watch. Who do you think is gonna take it all?

3. Who do you feel has been the most improved player on our team? What did they improve?

4. What are your plans for the offseason?

5. Do you plan on staying in the VHLM or are you heading to the big league? Where are you hoping to go?

6. What is one thing you would recommend to new players joining the league in your specific position?

@Yolo @Advantage @Shane Laz @DrummerBoy15 @McKelvie @Darth Kaprizov @duckberg32 @v.2

1. Now that our season has officially ended, describe your overall experience with the kings (what you liked and disliked)

I felt that coming into this league, Mexico City gave me the best opportunity to make an immediate impact given that we had so few players at the time. With all that being said it would have been nice to win a few more games.  

2. Even though we didn’t make playoffs, we still get to watch. Who do you think is gonna take it all?

I have to go with the Hounds, they have too many strong players for anyone to compete with including the projected number one pick.

3. Who do you feel has been the most improved player on our team? What did they improve?

I'd say both Greissy and Schweinsteiger, both of them did at lot for the team in such a short time frame and it's too bad Jonas retired so soon. They really just improved the team seeing as we had one d-man and no goalies. Griess also really improved on these questions.

Just going to work and getting ready for next season so I can come back stronger and faster. 

5. Do you plan on staying in the VHLM or are you heading to the big league? Where are you hoping to go?

I'm going to stay in the VHLM for now. I don't want to rush into the VHL and risk being a bust.

6. What is one thing you would recommend to new players joining the league in your specific position?

Really focus on putting TPE in the skills that make your player excel in their role (i.e. upgrading scoring for a sniper).

The weather when we were at home was fantastic!  

Missouaga is a strong team

Greasey the Goalie has been the most improved player

drink beer, lift weights,  shoot pucks and work on my dangles

i would prefer to stay with the kings if at all possible.  

run all your attributes to 70 as quickly as possible. 

DK86.JPG

I really enjoyed the minutes which allowed me to increase my draft stock. I didn't like the lack of roster players and not having a goalie for most of the season (not anyone's fault) because I feel like we could have made a good run with the team we had by the end of the season.

The Hounds. 

Tui Sova. Started off slow and wasn't getting minutes, then ended up becoming the highest scoring defensemen in the S78 draft class. 

Strength and conditioning, work on my game to get ready for the draft (including the combine).

It depends on who takes me. I want to get ice-time. Obviously I prefer the VHL, but if I'm only going to get 5 minutes a night I don't see it being beneficial to my career. 

Have fun and try and play for a team that can give you ice time. 

I liked that they paid me money. I only played two games with the team, since I created at the deadline and took several days before signing. This season meant next to nothing for me, not that I had any negative experience with it.

Well, the easy answer is Mississauga, so I'm going to go with Mississauga. The only team that really put up much of a fight against them in the regular season was Saskatoon, and they fell in the first round. Their roster is absolutely stacked, and I'd bet they don't lose more than two more games in the playoffs.

I wasn't here for more of the season, so I had to do some research, and what I've found suggests Tui Sova is the answer. I just looked at the players who were with the team all season, and Sova went from scoring 3 goals and 6 assists in the first 16 games to scoring 11 goals and 13 assists in the final 16. The team improved as a whole, but Sova's scoring ability looks like it was the highlight of that growth.

Train. Get acquainted with whichever team picks me in the VHLM draft. Just working overall on getting my key attributes up to 70. Obviously just in the off-season I won't get many of them that high, so I'll be focusing on puck handling and defense for the time being.

I will certainly be back in the VHLM, though not necessarily with the Kings. Technically I'm already not on the team anymore. I wouldn't hate coming back here, though just because I played a couple games here doesn't make me feel like I'm more tied to this team than anywhere else, but I'm not opposed to it.

Don't ignore defense as an attribute even if you want to focus on being a pure offensive player. I suppose when you start out, maybe it doesn't have to be the first thing you'd focus on, but I would never put any attribute above 70 before getting defense there as well.

Edited by scoop