Moscow Menace Press Conference

On 7/2/2023 at 6:27 PM, Spartan said:

Ok whipping something up real quick

1. Who would you say has been our team MVP so far this season?

2. Are you playing up to your expectations? Is there still room to improve?

3. If your player didn't play a sport for a living, what career would you work?

4. If the trade deadline hasn't passed yet, do you think we should try to acquire anyone with just 500k in cap space? If it has passed, what did you think of it?

5. Should I retire and recreate at the TDL having broken the TPE record, or do I play out the season and set the bar as high as I can?

6. Who on the team is most likely to ask for and pay for feet pics?

1. Gotta give this one to either Lavelle or Wallob, but there's other candidates too!

2. I feel like I can be playing better but I'm also not upset with my current performance. There's still time for me to improve though!

3. Nils would probably be homeless considering hockey is the only thing he is good at.

4. Pretty quiet, so no complaints from me!

5. Keep going! Or recreate and join Saskatoon!

6. image.png.ba0feedfabd661ce44a841da3896a70f.png Enough said.

New set of press conference questions!!

1. Moscow had a very active trade deadline (we laughed at trades others made). How happy are you that I didn't trade you to some random team?

2. Left Alone @okochastar and Jason @Jason kranz lead the team with 6 and 7 Game Winning Goals, respectively. How important is it that our second line can provide such clutch scoring?

3. Our pass-first defenseman Deron Nesbitt @AW13 somehow leads our defensemen in goals, and leads the league in PP goals with 11. How in the world is this happening??

4. For the first time in as long as I can remember, Moscow has 0 players in the top 10 Penalty Minutes leaders. What has the coaching staff been doing to make sure everyone keeps their penalties down?

5. In what seems to be a repeat of last season, Ronan Lavelle and Hammar Voss are each leading forwards and defensemen in scoring. Do you think they'll be able to fend off challengers for more awards at the end of this season?

6. Wrong answers ONLY: Who is the best player in VHL history and why?

1. Moscow had a very active trade deadline (we laughed at trades others made). How happy are you that I didn't trade you to some random team?

Happy? Damn it man, I was expecting to go to a contender!

2. Left Alone and Jason lead the team with 6 and 7 Game Winning Goals, respectively. How important is it that our second line can provide such clutch scoring?

I'm quite angry that they have been stealing my opportunities actually. I won't forget this treachery.

3. Our pass-first defenseman Deron Nesbitt somehow leads our defensemen in goals, and leads the league in PP goals with 11. How in the world is this happening??

Again, he's another player that has been added to my hit list. Along with SimonT, I may be able to negotiate a bulk rate assasination.

4. For the first time in as long as I can remember, Moscow has 0 players in the top 10 Penalty Minutes leaders. What has the coaching staff been doing to make sure everyone keeps their penalties down?

Switching to Chamomile and Lavender Vodka has made a huge difference to our anger issues.

5. In what seems to be a repeat of last season, Ronan Lavelle and Hammar Voss are each leading forwards and defensemen in scoring. Do you think they'll be able to fend off challengers for more awards at the end of this season?

Lavelle yes, has a great chance. Voss no, because he's built to disappoint.

6. Wrong answers ONLY: Who is the best player in VHL history and why?

Takashi Fujimoto. Why? Well he was quite good for my multi.

Another set of press conference questions. Answers may vary significantly based on when you reply, as we only have 1 game left in the regular season.

1. I asked this questions earlier in the season, but now that the regular season is almost over, who's the team MVP to you? If you answered this question before, has your answer changed?

2. People around the league like to think the Victory Cup is cursed - that the winner always fails to win the Continental Cup. What are your thoughts on this superstition, or is it actually a curse?

3. How insane has Clueless Wallob @DMaximus ' season been!?! He currently has the previous Shaw winning goalie, Xavier Booberry, beat in nearly every star with more wins, a lower GA, and a higher SV%. How are you feeling about his chances to take home some hardware this season?

4. Pending how today's sim goes, Moscow could be the best defensive team in the league in terms of goals against. This isn't typically a category we're leading in, as we're usually at the top of the table in terms of offensive production. What changed this season to give us such defensive success?

5. Is there any VHL team or player you'd like to avoid in the playoffs? Or anyone you'd be happy to see? (Careful answering that, it could come back to get you!)

6. Wrong answers ONLY - what will be the name of my next recreate, and where did I get the inspiration from?

7 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Another set of press conference questions. Answers may vary significantly based on when you reply, as we only have 1 game left in the regular season.

1. I asked this questions earlier in the season, but now that the regular season is almost over, who's the team MVP to you? If you answered this question before, has your answer changed?

2. People around the league like to think the Victory Cup is cursed - that the winner always fails to win the Continental Cup. What are your thoughts on this superstition, or is it actually a curse?

3. How insane has Clueless Wallob @DMaximus ' season been!?! He currently has the previous Shaw winning goalie, Xavier Booberry, beat in nearly every star with more wins, a lower GA, and a higher SV%. How are you feeling about his chances to take home some hardware this season?

4. Pending how today's sim goes, Moscow could be the best defensive team in the league in terms of goals against. This isn't typically a category we're leading in, as we're usually at the top of the table in terms of offensive production. What changed this season to give us such defensive success?

5. Is there any VHL team or player you'd like to avoid in the playoffs? Or anyone you'd be happy to see? (Careful answering that, it could come back to get you!)

6. Wrong answers ONLY - what will be the name of my next recreate, and where did I get the inspiration from?

Only answering 6. for shits and giggles: I'd say Xerxes or Themistokles and you got it from your username

16 hours ago, Spartan said:

1. To me it's a tossup between Lavelle, Voss, and Wallob. All 3 could easily be correct answers. Truthfully, I'm going to have to go with Wallob, just due to the fact I feel that the goaltending from Wallob was absolutely obscene, and I think he had the largest effect on our place in the standings. He stole the show in some games (as did the others to be fair).

2. I don't believe it. Mine and Arce's first cup was won alongside a victory cup, I believe in miracles.

3. one word, UNREAL!!! I think he will come home with an abundance of awards after this season's performance. The trade with Prague is looking great.

4. Great question, I think just overall team chemistry. Sometimes it meshes, sometimes it doesn't. That it factor from a team that seems to just be a machine, it's hard to describe, but you know it when you are apart of it.

5. Oh yeah I'd love to see New York in the finals that would be fantastic *hint hint*. For EU, I don't have a preference, I think all of the teams are strong, but I think we have an exceptional team.

6. Loba OnlyFans

I can't remember my answer from before, but I'll go with Lavelle. Has been a beast all season.

I don't think it's cursed, but I do think that winning it places extra pressure on the squad and that can manifest as underperforming in playoffs.

3. How insane has Clueless Wallob season been!?! He currently has the previous Shaw winning goalie, Xavier Booberry, beat in nearly every star with more wins, a lower GA, and a higher SV%. How are you feeling about his chances to take home some hardware this season?

I think he stands an excellent chance of taking out several awards and deservedly so.

Better all-round play across the board from all players. Obviously Wallob has been key, but everyone has contributed.

Hammar Voss fears no one, so he's looking forward to crushing whoever he matches up with. No mercy...it's playoffs.

Megála stíthi

Edited by BOOM

• 2 weeks later...

Press Conference! Good for this week or next.

1. Well, we lost in the first round. Are you convinced that the Victory Cup is cursed yet?

2. If you were GM, would you make any significant changes to the team this offseason? Or would you try to keep everyone to try again next season?

3. We've got a decent few prospects sitting in the E who seem to be ready to make the jump to the VHL. Anyone catch your eye as someone you think would be good to have on the team next season?

4. If you were the VHLE commissioner, which 2 teams would you have chosen to remove from the E and why?

5. How many times do you think I'll have to reach the finals before I win the cup? I'm currently on my 7th as a player + GM combined, with 0 cup wins.

6. Wrong answers only: What is the name of my fantasy football team?

36 minutes ago, Spartan said:

1. Well, we lost in the first round. Are you convinced that the Victory Cup is cursed yet?

2. If you were GM, would you make any significant changes to the team this offseason? Or would you try to keep everyone to try again next season?

3. We've got a decent few prospects sitting in the E who seem to be ready to make the jump to the VHL. Anyone catch your eye as someone you think would be good to have on the team next season?

4. If you were the VHLE commissioner, which 2 teams would you have chosen to remove from the E and why?

5. How many times do you think I'll have to reach the finals before I win the cup? I'm currently on my 7th as a player + GM combined, with 0 cup wins.

1. Moscow won the Victory Cup and lost so it must be cursed.

2. I want to keep everyone and try again to the next season.

3. I'm not rlly sure but I'm eager to play in the VHL.

4. I would stick with Geneva and Istanbul, and for the rest of the teams I don't rlly know much.

5. 2 more times.

6. Chispitas de colores.

👺

Edited by asteria

On 8/4/2023 at 3:26 PM, Spartan said:

1) I don't think it's cursed but you might be! ;) Who did you hurt?

2) I'd keep the team mostly the same if you could and run it back, with me somewhere in there of course

3) Me...I haven't looked at the others much admittedly but I like to think my player has done well so far in the M and the E.

4) I think the 2 teams selected are fine, I really don't know much about the E teams other than Cologne

5) One more time, you will win the next time you reach the finals!

6) Spartans Spartans lol

I'm starting to come around on the idea. Either that, or that d!ck SimonT has something against Russian teams.

I think it would depend on any trade offers or if the decision was made to re-build from the ground up. Going one more time would be cool but the interests of the franchise outweigh the player preference.

Well obviously Dover, Akara and Woolfenden are the most developed and show a lot of promise.

Stockholm and Rome. I have bad memories of the Swedes and I'm not a fan of the Rome logo and colors. Pretty basic reasons from me!

For your sake, I hope that the magic number is 8.

Spartan Souvlaki Squad

sssv.png

On 8/4/2023 at 1:26 PM, Spartan said:

1. Maybe it's Moscow that's cursed 😉

2. I think I'd change up the team and probably go into rebuilding.

3. I think Ellis Woolfenden would be ready for the VHL.

4. Vasteras Iron Eagles and Stockholm Vikings.

5. If you create your new player you'll win it this season.

6. Spartan sucks 🙂

Presser post-draft!

1. The draft is now over, please welcome @Steve, @jRuutu, @Grape and @FTK to the team! Any words of advice for the new players?

2. We sadly had to trade @Jason kranz away to D.C. after there were some advanced discussions to either land future picks or 4oa. Any last words for Jason as he begins anew in NA?

3. I think that @Steve and @jRuutu are two of the best forum content creators on the site. Is there anyone in the league who's content you really enjoy seeing? Can be graphics, podcasts, or media spots. Tag them and let them know why!

4. After our moves this draft, what do you think our early focus in the S92 draft will be? Anyone you have in mind for us to take?

5. As of this time, our roster for the beginning of the season is basically set. How do you think we'll do this next season even with all of the players we lost?

6. Wrong answers ONLY: What is my favorite potato chip flavor and why?

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

Presser post-draft!

1. As a new player myself, no, but I wish the best of luck to my fellow draftees and I hope we’re able to build a steady foundation in Moscow for years to come!

2. I do wish Jason the best, except for when he plays Moscow. 

3. I honestly enjoy my own articles, but I am a bit biased. 

4. Honestly I have no idea, but the top end of the S92 draft is certainly intriguing.

5. Where there is a  hope there is a way. Moscow can certainly keep itself in games and I still see them as a competitive team!

6. Whopper flavored Doritos, because you can never have a Whopper in too many ways. 

1.  Steady progress is the key to success, calling out teammates who are not doing enough on and off the ice is never a bad idea.

2.  Good luck in D.C, may the puck luck be on your side!

3.  I like all kinds of content that is published, sometimes I watch the graphics and wonder how they are made.

4. Perhaps D and G positions

5.  Tough to say, but I think Moscow has enough to make it to playoffs and that is all you can hope for, especially when deals have been made

6. Cucumber

1. The draft is now over, please welcome Steve, jRuutu, Grape and FTK to the team! Any words of advice for the new players?

Do your job and don't let the team down. Or else 👨‍🦽......

2. We sadly had to trade Jason kranz away to D.C. after there were some advanced discussions to either land future picks or 4oa. Any last words for Jason as he begins anew in NA?

Thank you for your service and all the best in your time with the Dragons.

3. I think that Steve and jRuutu are two of the best forum content creators on the site. Is there anyone in the league who's content you really enjoy seeing? Can be graphics, podcasts, or media spots. Tag them and let them know why!

@BOOM @Frank @STZ are all amazing, especially that first dude.

4. After our moves this draft, what do you think our early focus in the S92 draft will be? Anyone you have in mind for us to take?

I'm not at liberty to discuss potential draft targets, as my team building genius is often exploited by our rivals. I'll write you a letter instead.

5. As of this time, our roster for the beginning of the season is basically set. How do you think we'll do this next season even with all of the players we lost?

Possibly undefeated Champions, with several players setting new statistical records.

snoop-dogg-dance.gif

Flaming Hot Doritos

On 8/13/2023 at 6:54 PM, Spartan said:

Presser post-draft!

1. The draft is now over, please welcome @Steve, @jRuutu, @Grape and @FTK to the team! Any words of advice for the new players?

2. We sadly had to trade @Jason kranz away to D.C. after there were some advanced discussions to either land future picks or 4oa. Any last words for Jason as he begins anew in NA?

3. I think that @Steve and @jRuutu are two of the best forum content creators on the site. Is there anyone in the league who's content you really enjoy seeing? Can be graphics, podcasts, or media spots. Tag them and let them know why!

1. Work hard, earn consistently and always wear a condom.

2. Good luck in DC.

3. Spartan used to have podcasts that were fun to listen to. kelvi makes interesting sigs. Some guy named BOOM seems to be a very popular creator. I am kind of a fanboy of that guy. 

4. I have no idea who is in that draft. Are they still going to have drafts in two seasons?

5. Should be a good building season with sporadic runs of good and bad luck.

6. I think Manjo flavored chips would be his go to chip flavor.

Presser for the new (or old) week!

1. Well, if it wasn't apparent from our offseason moves, our on ice performance shows we're officially in a rebuild. How does your approach to the season change whether the team you're on is contending or rebuilding?

2. Rookie Jeff Lewis @nerji has exploded onto the VHL stage, currently leading all rookies in scoring, including this past season's 1st overall pick. How has he been so successful?

3. It can't be easy for Sam Tombstone @samthemancub to enter the starting goaltender role on a rebuilding team. Any words of advice or encouragement for our favorite goalie?

4. Are you a cat or dog person? Why?

5. Have you seen any movies recently? Any reviews on them if you have? Any movies you'd want to see if you haven't yet?

6. Wrong answers ONLY: What is my favorite video game?

10 hours ago, Spartan said:

1. Well, if it wasn't apparent from our offseason moves, our on ice performance shows we're officially in a rebuild. How does your approach to the season change whether the team you're on is contending or rebuilding?

2. Rookie Jeff Lewis @nerji has exploded onto the VHL stage, currently leading all rookies in scoring, including this past season's 1st overall pick. How has he been so successful?

3. It can't be easy for Sam Tombstone @samthemancub to enter the starting goaltender role on a rebuilding team. Any words of advice or encouragement for our favorite goalie?

5. Have you seen any movies recently? Any reviews on them if you have? Any movies you'd want to see if you haven't yet?

1. Encouraging them to be a better team, or make them little reminders ab claiming the tpe

2.Ig he has been putting his 100% effort to be a better player

4. Cat person bc yes

5. Whispers of the heart its gooooooood its a must watch and for a movie idk tbh prob Oppenheimer

6. Ur fave game is Roblox

On 8/27/2023 at 1:25 PM, Spartan said:

1) I was hoping to be involved in one last push but a rebuild allows me to be there from the start so it's still exciting. Haven't changed up anything, just trying to get all my training in.

2) Can't talk about myself, too humble, but I pushed training hard!

3) Hang in there buddy! The team in front of you is trying!

4) Dog person for sure. Have had dogs forever, they are just so loyal and always happy to see you.

5) Wife and I went to our first movie since Avatar 2 this weekend when we watched Meg 2...was what we expected. Some cheesey fun. I want to watch TMNT, a few others but I don't have them in mind right now.

6) Fortnite

I don't think it really changes how Voss will approach this season. It's his last, so I think he'll be trying to balance personal performance, but not contribute to too many winning games.

2. Rookie Jeff Lewis has exploded onto the VHL stage, currently leading all rookies in scoring, including this past season's 1st overall pick. How has he been so successful?

It's certainly been an excellent start and I hope he continues to find success on the ice.

3. It can't be easy for Sam Tombstone to enter the starting goaltender role on a rebuilding team. Any words of advice or encouragement for our favorite goalie?

Hang in there. it will be a tough season but it won't be as bad in the long term.

Dog. Cats are moody and sometimes they make my eyes itch.

I don't really get a chance to go see new movies. If I really want to catch a newer release, I can "find" it if necessary.

Sex Simulator 5.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:25 PM, Spartan said:

1. I think it opens up opportunity for younger players to come in and have substantial minutes! Myself included in this

2. It’s just a Moscow thing. Rookies be balling out. 

3. Don’t be discouraged by the win-loss record when it comes to goaltending! That stat is not important at all

4. I’ve always favored dogs because of loyalty, but I enjoy the company of cats as well. 

5. I’ve recently watched “This is the End” with Seth Rogen which was a very funny movie. 

6. VHLM the Video Game.

On 8/27/2023 at 10:25 AM, Spartan said:

1. You just lace them up and go out there and do your best with what you have to work with.

2. I saw the explosion and I am not cleaning it up. I think talent is on his side. 

3. You can do it. GAA is just a number. 

4. I am both but just have a dog right now. I want a cat but I like my furniture to not get clawed to death. Maybe I can find one from a shelter that's been declawed after my dog dies.

5. I finally finished watching "Titanic". Damn that's a long movie. 

6. Well, Mario Cart would be my guess. 

I will show up in poor condition and at least 5 days late to every training camp, no matter where the team is going or planning on going during the upcoming season.

2. Rookie Jeff Lewis has exploded onto the VHL stage, currently leading all rookies in scoring, including this past season's 1st overall pick. How has he been so successful?

Sometimes players get bored, they might think to themselves: "I could keep it simple and dump it in, or I could take the puck and see what I can do with it". Lewis has done a lot with it and I suspect mostly from being bored.

3. It can't be easy for Sam Tombstone to enter the starting goaltender role on a rebuilding team. Any words of advice or encouragement for our favorite goalie?

Its okay to blame the players in front of you and most importantly the coaching staff when the team loses.

I like dogs. We always had dogs in the family. 

I watched some western film, I forgot the name, it was alright. I will try to find it and edit answer later.

Drunken Fortnite

New presser questions :)

1. Did you have a long weekend this past weekend? What did you do with the extra day off? If you didn't have a long weekend, what would you do if you had extra days off?

2. It seems like the EU will be a real battle, as we're in a playoff spot right now. What does this say about the EU conference if a team that sold nearly all their stars is suddenly in a top 4 spot?

3. What do you think our team is doing right in order to be playing our way into a playoff spot at the moment? How do we maintain this momentum?

4. Hammar Voss has seemingly found his stride, as he's back to leading the team in points, and is 5th in leaguewide defenseman scoring. What's your final prediction for where he finishes in the leaguewide defenseman scoring race? Think he has a shot for more awards this season?

5. Do you think it was the right decision to contract the E with all the overcrowded rosters we have now? Is there a benefit to running 3+ lines and promoting realism, or should the league prioritize giving every player the max amount of minutes even if some teams end up empty?

6. Wrong answers ONLY. I'm currently waiting another 11-ish hours for Starfield to release. What am I doing to kill the time?