Stepping Down from Brands

Thranduil

Well, after only one season as a Brand Executive, I have decided to step down. I don't have time to hold that job with all of the time I put into my VHLM job. Besides, I never really liked the brands system all that much. People didn't seem to like or care about the tournament and were only in it for the money. I'd rather be part of something that excites someone. Another thing I noticed is the dirty tactics some of the other Brand Execs used. For example, telling a player that another certain player was signed to his brand, even if this was untrue, or waiting until an Exec tried to announce a mutually agreed signing, and then stealing the player out from underneath him. I just found the whole culture cancerous and I don't really want to be a part of it anymore. That being said, thank you to @Quik for putting the trust in me to handle this job. Despite the things I said earlier, it could still be enjoyable at times, for example when you got someone to sign a team-friendly contract for 3 seasons. Overall though, I have just lost my enthusiasm for the job, and I'd rather someone who really wants to have a heading GMing job, take over my post. I may have some recommendations as well.

What do you think would it take for people to get more excited about it? I get that some people will do dirty tactics. What would you suggest to counter act those bad actors?

20 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

What do you think would it take for people to get more excited about it? I get that some people will do dirty tactics. What would you suggest to counter act those bad actors?

Getting rid of all rules and encouraging dirty underhanded tactics 

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, rjfryman said:

Offer up some TPE for the winners and participants instead of as much cash. Treat it like a regular league with a draft for signing the top players who are interested in. This would create a need for more brands and more participants. You reduce the dirty tactics a little bit with the draft so the teams are a bit more even and prevent free agency or signing period, they would go back into the draft. You could even have TPA caps for the teams such as only 3 at > 650 2 >400 2 > 200 2 < 200. Spreads it out more. It's rough but just some ideas. 

Edited by Acydburn

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Offer up some TPE for the winners and participants instead of as much cash. Treat it like a regular league with a draft for signing the top players who are interested in. This would create a need for more brands and more participants. You reduce the dirty tactics a little bit with the draft so the teams are a bit more even and prevent free agency or signing period, they would go back into the draft. You could even have TPE caps for the teams such as only 3 at > 650 2 >400 2 > 200 2 < 200. Spreads it out more. It's rough but just some ideas. 

Honestly for the sake of an off-season tournament that ultimately means nothing and just causes headaches for the sim team anything that complicated I can't see as being worth it. I get people like sims but I do wonder if 2 regular leagues plus the WJC every season plus the WC every 2nd off-season is more than enough without also having the Sponsor's Shield being a thing.

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Honestly for the sake of an off-season tournament that ultimately means nothing and just causes headaches for the sim team anything that complicated I can't see as being worth it. I get people like sims but I do wonder if 2 regular leagues plus the WJC every season plus the WC every 2nd off-season is more than enough without also having the Sponsor's Shield being a thing.

I believe RJ was just asking "What do you think would it take for people to get more excited about it? I get that some people will do dirty tactics. What would you suggest to counter act those bad actors?"

Hence why I answered the way I did, I gave suggestions based on his question. Not trying to change the league or force anyone to do anything (I have no power). I guess this is a place where ideas and thoughts get neutered like a 6th month old puppy. 

image.jpeg.7efca447cfc74f362fe997c9e713e4de.jpeg

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

I believe RJ was just asking "What do you think would it take for people to get more excited about it? I get that some people will do dirty tactics. What would you suggest to counter act those bad actors?"

Hence why I answered the way I did, I gave suggestions based on his question. Not trying to change the league or force anyone to do anything (I have no power). I guess this is a place where ideas and thoughts get neutered like a 6th month old puppy. 

image.jpeg.7efca447cfc74f362fe997c9e713e4de.jpeg

Wasn't trying to neuter anything. Just because of my name shows up in blue doesn't mean everything I say is immediate law. The BOG shuts down plenty of opinions I have and even @Quik and I disagree a lot. In this case I was simply stating that in my opinion, not the league's opinion, making a tournament that's so short of so many complications like TPE caps and such just doesn't bode well.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Wasn't trying to neuter anything. Just because of my name shows up in blue doesn't mean everything I say is immediate law. The BOG shuts down plenty of opinions I have and even @Quik and I disagree a lot. In this case I was simply stating that in my opinion, not the league's opinion, making a tournament that's so short of so many complications like TPE caps and such just doesn't bode well.

I apologize, I interpreted it in a way that it wasn't intended. 

Even as a brand exec myself I find it difficult to get excited about the tournament. I don't know what it is.

I won't be stepping down anytime soon though, I like the whole recruiting process.

2 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Even as a brand exec myself I find it difficult to get excited about the tournament. I don't know what it is.

I won't be stepping down anytime soon though, I like the whole recruiting process.

Its a cash grab for me that's all I care about :P

Who won anyways?

Edited by Beaviss

1 hour ago, DilIsPickle said:

Don't act like you didn't notice us sweeping you.

You won? I had no clue I think I checked one game total.