Seattle Bears Press Conference

10 - I expect big things 

11 - Probably the exact same move I would have made 

12 - Hopefully good enough to make things happen 

13 - go on spinny rides at an amusement park until they puke 

16 - Nothing specific before the game, but after the game is ramen 

17 - Nope, other than getting in a good run every day.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:20 PM, Banackock said:

:sea: Bana's S87 Quick Q's - #2:sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S84PC - Part X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

10. What are your thoughts on Seattle calling up Elias Lampi? @Pifferfish

1.Super hyped to see it!! I had the opportunity to speak with him on the VSN Radiocast and I believe him to be an incredibly gifted talent, who will certainly bolster Seattle’s ranks!
11. What are your thoughts on Seattle drafting Randy Bobandy 4th overall @AJW?

2.Again, this excites me!! He will certainly be a future superstar in the league, and his attitude is very team oriented, making him a potential candidate to be the future face of the franchise someday.

12. What are your thoughts on the Seattle roster heading into the season?

3.Overall I believe our team to be competitive and young, which would hurt if we didn’t have any veteran presence on the team but fortunately we have some of that too! It should be a great season for everyone on all lines.

13. Ash Sparks @DarkSpyro will be learning behind Dusty Wilson @dustywilson22 this season. For a first bonding experience, what did the two do together?

4. I think we got to hang out and get some decent food and drinks in the area!! I’m new to Seattle, so he showed me around a bit and we even had a drunken game of mini-sticks at his place one night!

14. Who, if any, do you think should be team captains this season?

5. I’m definitely new to the squad, but from my standpoint on who has the best leadership qualities mixed with skill on the team.. I would pick;

C- Hulk Hogan 2 (C) @Hogan

A- Chip Stone (LW) @DoktorFunk

A*- Dusty Wilson (G) @dustywilson22
A*- Ryuji Sakamoto (D) @der meister

15. The Bears got a new team mascot. What is it and what is their name?

6. I say it needs to be a party-time bear that goes around with glow sticks and gets people into the game!! Name him Grizzly? Sure why not!

16. What is your players go to meal or snack before a game?

17. Does your player have any superstitions? 

10. Good player, we definitely need some offensive help from the back-end

11. Great selection and great moves to dump depth picks.

12. Remains to be seen. I've seen some data crunching that shows we're not really where we should be, but let's hope.

13. Stood in the rain.

14. Boga for captain. Strip Hogan.

15. Our mascot is Hogan because that's all he can do on the ice.

:sea: Bana's S87 Quick Q's - #3:sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

18. Where would you like to travel next?

19. Thoughts on how Seattle has started the season?

20. Thoughts on how you've started the season?

21. While it's still early, Dusty Wilson @dustywilson22 is ON FIRE. Fans have a chant for him when he makes a big save. What do they chant?

22. Randy Bobandy ( @AJW), Elias Lampi ( @Pifferfish) and Left Alone @okochastar all got their first points in the VHL as rookies. How did the team congratulate each of them?

23. Hogan leads the team with 8 points in 4 games played. Why do he no longer suck?

24. What are your plans for the upcoming weekend?

25. What's something good that has happened to you recently?

26. What are your plans for your players build in the next while?

19 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

21. While it's still early, Dusty Wilson @dustywilson22 is ON FIRE. Fans have a chant for him when he makes a big save. What do they chant?

22. Randy Bobandy ( @AJW), Elias Lampi ( @Pifferfish) and Left Alone @okochastar all got their first points in the VHL as rookies. How did the team congratulate each of them?

23. Hogan leads the team with 8 points in 4 games played. Why do he no longer suck?

18. I think we'd love to travel back to San Antonio, but I believe somewhere In Tennessee would be awesome!
19. I mean were starting off proving doubters wrong as expected!
20. I mean the numbers speak for themselves,but it wouldn't be possible without great teammates
21. WT (which stands for White Tornado my basketball nickname
22. I personally made sure to buy their meals, whatever they wanted I bought It for them. I remember my first save It was a great moment.
23. I mean He's Hulk Hogan Brother! He put's in that work and shows the league he's still here! Plus great coaching from bana

20 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

18. I've always wanted to go to Fiji, but on a more realistic note I might go to Ottawa next month.

19. Really strong start from me and everyone. The defense is playing really good and Dusty is playing great.

23. I took some PED's brother ooooh yeah.

24. Nothing really, these are my relaxed days.

25. Getting a girlfriend before going to online college probably saved me from being pretty depressed. 

26. Move up scoring one then bank for next season.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

We have been on fire!! I think our offensive output has been incredible, and Dusty Wilson has been standing on his head!

My debut was abysmal, I definitely did not have any good feelings about my play after that.. but my 2nd game, despite losing again, I felt I had a little bit stronger of a showing. I have a long ways to go.

I have heard a few different chants, these Seattle Bears fans are extremely passion about our club! The most often heard one is “DUSTYYY” every time he makes a fantastic glove save.

He has been an absolute beast to kick off the season, and personally I never thought he sucked 😂 

I have my sons over for the weekend, so I was fairly busy and still am. Totally worth every second that I get to spend with them!

I need to balance out my Primary stats, as my RT is at 90 but everything else is still in the mid-80s.

18. I want to go back to Oman. Amazing place.

19. Not bad, not good. Defense is nice, our scoring is still meh

20. Terrible, don't ask.

22. Relentless hazing

23. Because he's playing with Boga

24. Weekend just finished, did a lot of walking with the better half.

18 - Scotland or Germany/Austria is next on our list. 

19 - Good start until we ran into the Vancouver buzzsaw last night. 

20 - See above answer lol 

21 - I'd think it would probably be Dooooooo!

22 - Make them buy a team dinner, obviously 

23 - He was getting those feeds from Sakamoto 

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

27. Vancouver currently stands undefeated in regulation going 10-0-1. Who do you think they'll "lose" to first?

28. Sakamoto @der meister currently leads the team with 9 assists. What do they do to be so good at passing the puck?

29. Florida Man @zepheter was caught on a night out in Florida by TMZ doing some crazy shit. What were they doing?

30. Dusty Wilson @dustywilson22, at this time, has a 6-2-1 record, a .928 SV% and a GAA of 1.95. Some stay steroids, others say spending quality time with Bears in Russia have made him this good. What do YOU think his secret is?

31. Molly the Cat @JCarson currently leads the VHL with 10 goals in 11 games. How do you prepare to play against them on game days?

32. The CIA has confirmed a scandal about one of the leagues commissioners. Who was it and what did they do?

33. You have to come up with a new VHL holiday. What is it, why, etc?

34. Your player has been sponsored by a candy company to do a TV commercial. What is the candy, what is it's name and what did you do in the commercial?

On 1/30/2023 at 5:52 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

27. Vancouver currently stands undefeated in regulation going 10-0-1. Who do you think they'll "lose" to first?

28. Sakamoto @der meister currently leads the team with 9 assists. What do they do to be so good at passing the puck?

29. Florida Man @zepheter was caught on a night out in Florida by TMZ doing some crazy shit. What were they doing?

30. Dusty Wilson @dustywilson22, at this time, has a 6-2-1 record, a .928 SV% and a GAA of 1.95. Some stay steroids, others say spending quality time with Bears in Russia have made him this good. What do YOU think his secret is?

31. Molly the Cat @JCarson currently leads the VHL with 10 goals in 11 games. How do you prepare to play against them on game days?

32. The CIA has confirmed a scandal about one of the leagues commissioners. Who was it and what did they do?

34. Your player has been sponsored by a candy company to do a TV commercial. What is the candy, what is it's name and what did you do in the commercial?

32. Fong is under investigation for 4 counts of murder via curbstomping.

33. Hogan day, every day is Hogan day and we celebrate by loving me.

29. Trying to go for a skate in a marsh with the crocodiles.

28. Just passing it to Hogan works.

31. No special preperation for players, just go in every single game and score goals hit hard.

34. Not really a candy but Seattle Bear Paws. I promote how each player has their own unique flavour. Mine is protein shake.

On 1/30/2023 at 4:52 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

It will be us, ideally. Realistically it’s hard to imagine anyone beating them.

Dude literally bats the puck around on his stick during warm ups, and makes it look like child’s play. Unreal vision and awareness on the ice too!

I heard it was all a misunderstanding, but I have not heard from the source himself yet so I don’t want to assume anything about our teammate.

He has incredible patience and remarkable vision. He always fights through screens seemingly with ease, and never gives up on a save. 

Be aware that they could the shooter at anytime, and read each play calmly. He has a deceptive release from what I’ve seen on the game tapes, so again just gotta stay aware when he is on the ice.

Hall of Fame/ Alumni games would be an awesome festivity, to honour legends of the VHL’s grand history.

28. Whatever they did with their player during offseason has worked.

29. Driving a car without any taillights or doors while under the influence of narcotics. haven't decided if bath salts or meth

30. DUSTY OUT HERE DUSTING THE COMPETITION

32. Wire fraud, should be banged up for a 20-stretch

33. Big Boga's birthday

34. BIG BOY. a big thing. chocolatey. nice. 

:sea: Bana's S87 Quick Q's - #5:sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

35. What is Seattle's greatest "need" right now?

36. What is your player doing for Valentine's Day?

37. What player in the league would you ask to be your VHL player Valentine?

38. What Seattle Bears player would be the best "roommate"?

39. What VHL player would be the worst roommate?

40. The Bears are coming out with a brand new cereal for the fans. What do they name it? What is it? Chocolate etc.

41. What does your player do after games to "relax"?

On 2/13/2023 at 11:07 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

40. The Bears are coming out with a brand new cereal for the fans. What do they name it? What is it? Chocolate etc.

1. We've been on a bit of a run recently but we could really use a spark in offense.

38. None of them, they're probably all pigs.

39. I guess the question was just answered but if I had to pick worst of the worst it would be Boga.

40. Seattle Bearios. They taste like dirt and have fur infused inside them.

41. Lay on the floor to stretch out the back. Then takes some clone juice.

36. Hogan spent the day in the gym and then kissing women consenually.

On 2/13/2023 at 10:07 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

We keep overwhelming our starter, the backup goalie is here to give him relief and we haven’t seen that yet. It’s also affecting the moral of said goaltender.

Ash Sparks spent Valentine’s Day alone, working on his game just like it was any other day.

The bro-mance and rivalry that Sparks has with Joel Castle @animal74 who currently backstops the Toronto Legion, is legendary! So I think that’s the most obvious choice.

Ash Sparks has been bunking with Chip Stone since day 1, and they have become the best of friends! Occasionally they also share the room with many others on the team and have a party night to relax and take the edge off.

Probably Ash Sparks 😂 He constantly blasts deathcore and screams lyrics, so many people around the league wouldn’t be able to handle that every time they have to share a room.

Sparks has rarely been seen relaxing post-game, as he is extremely anxious to play. He has been playing wall-ball non-stop in the LRs and has been spotted in the weight room many times as soon as the game ends.

35 - Some consistent offensive spark for sure

36 - Sakamoto just hung out with The Reporter. They probably got some ramen.

37 - Everyone. Because I want this to a be a place of positivity.

38 - I have no idea. Probably not Hogan, though, because judging by his signature, he's a bit long-winded. 😛

39 - Okay, so I'm reading these in order and answering one at a time, so Hogan. 😛

40 - Bear-i-o's, and they are dark chocolate Cheerios with dehydrated berries.

:sea: Bana's S87 Quick Q's - #6:sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

42. What are your thoughts on Seattle trading Florida Man @zepheter to HC Davos for essentially Tavish DeGroot @rory in a 3-way deal with Riga?

43. What are your thoughts on getting Vasile Lamb @dlamb in a trade from DCD?

44. Do you feel more confident in the team now than you did before these two trades? Why?

45. What is your overall grading/thoughts on the Bears deadline moves?

46. How do you think the Bears perform in the final stretch?

47. Of the top two teams in the VHL, who finishes best? VAN? MOS? Neither? 

48. Europe is incredibly tight. At this exact moment, which teams make the playoffs?

49. NYA, CHI and SEA are all close. Of these 3 teams, which of them will make playoffs? 1-3?

50. Vasile Lamb @dlamb was spotted hanging out with some of the Bears before sim #1 with the team. Who was he with? What were they doing?

51. Tavish DeGroot @rory was welcomed back by the locker room and practice. Local prankster @Hogan was up to his old tricks again and pulled a prank on him. What did he do?

52. @dustywilson22 recently had a huge game against Warsaw. 3-0 SO and 37 SAVES! What did the team do after the game with Dusty to celebrate the big game and DUB?!

53. Randy Bobandy @AJW, @DoktorFunk Chip Stone and Elias Lampi @Pifferfish have started a Seattle Bears band. Do they have a name picked yet? What genre of music are they? 

43. What are your thoughts on getting Vasile Lamb @dlamb in a trade from DCD?

Should I be tooting my own horn here? I dunno, I guess I'll just say that I'm very excited to be here and see what we can do this season. For the fans that may not have watched me before - I love goals, I love hits, and I love to win. Not afraid to drop the gloves if need be.  

Can't be anything besides A+. 3D meta? Check. Best RW in the league? Double check. Bears? Triple Check.

Hopefully locked in. May be some growing pains as the team adjusts to the new additions, but in no time we should be showing everyone that we're one of the top teams in the league now.

Maybe too little too late for us to catch up with the two of them, especially VAN. Seems like they've taken it to another level, don't see anyone catching up, just have to hope they've wasted some of their energy come playoff time.

48. Europe is incredibly tight. At this exact moment, which teams make the playoffs?

Didn't even realize until now how friggin' tight that conference is, wow. I swear a few days ago Warsaw was leading, now they're not even in a playoff spot. I'll take MOS, WAR, DAV, MAL, LDN in that order. RIG, PRG (shocked emoji), and of course HSK miss out. 

50. Vasile Lamb @dlamb was spotted hanging out with some of the Bears before sim #1 with the team. Who was he with? What were they doing?

Former Warsaw teammate Tavish DeGroot, being a Bear from last season, showed me the ropes and introduced me to some of the squad. Went out for some drinks with most of the squad. Maybe too many, explained by that first sim.

On 2/20/2023 at 11:02 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

42. What are your thoughts on Seattle trading Florida Man @zepheter to HC Davos for essentially Tavish DeGroot @rory in a 3-way deal with Riga?

44. Do you feel more confident in the team now than you did before these two trades? Why?

49. NYA, CHI and SEA are all close. Of these 3 teams, which of them will make playoffs? 1-3?

51. Tavish DeGroot @rory was welcomed back by the locker room and practice. Local prankster @Hogan was up to his old tricks again and pulled a prank on him. What did he do?

52. @dustywilson22 recently had a huge game against Warsaw. 3-0 SO and 37 SAVES! What did the team do after the game with Dusty to celebrate the big game and DUB?!

53. Randy Bobandy @AJW, @DoktorFunk Chip Stone and Elias Lampi @Pifferfish have started a Seattle Bears band. Do they have a name picked yet? What genre of music are they? 

42. Good return, I think! Interested to see where this leads!

43. Vasile Lamb is an absolute beast, so I'm happy

44. Absolutely more confident in the team, yeah

45. I think you fleeced em, chief

46. I think we'll do very well and have a great shot in the playoffs. 

47. Moscow, I think. They're just so good. 

44 - yeah, once the chemistry sets in, we should be stronger 

45 - Results will speak for themselves 

46 - Hopefully more consistent offense leads to us surprising some people in the post season. 

47 - don't really care honestly

48 - don't really care honestly. We need to be concerned with ourselves.  

53 - Given the makeup, I feel like they're doing funk/pop covers of classic rock songs

42. What are your thoughts on Seattle trading Florida Man @zepheter to HC Davos for essentially Tavish DeGroot @rory in a 3-way deal with Riga?

Great trade for us. Bravo

43. What are your thoughts on getting Vasile Lamb @dlamb in a trade from DCD?

Absolute steal. Lamb is a GOAT

The results are already showing that the trade paid off. it's awesome

Can't give them anything less than an A-

I think that we're hitting top form now. It's gonna be fun to see if we can secure the wild card spot.

I think Helsinki are gonna finish strongest.

I think that Prague, London, and Helsinki will be the ones to miss out.

Well two out of three are going to make the wild card. I think it looks like it's gonna be SEA and CHI

50. Vasile Lamb @dlamb was spotted hanging out with some of the Bears before sim #1 with the team. Who was he with? What were they doing?

He was with Tavish DeGroot and they were questioning who they had pissed off to be traded.

51. Tavish DeGroot @rory was welcomed back by the locker room and practice. Local prankster @Hogan was up to his old tricks again and pulled a prank on him. What did he do?

Hogan's pranks are always terrible. It was an embarrassing sight.

52. @dustywilson22 recently had a huge game against Warsaw. 3-0 SO and 37 SAVES! What did the team do after the game with Dusty to celebrate the big game and DUB?!

We got the brooms out because it was dusty up in here.

53. Randy Bobandy @AJW, @DoktorFunk Chip Stone and Elias Lampi @Pifferfish have started a Seattle Bears band. Do they have a name picked yet? What genre of music are they? 

They're some EDM rubbish. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 10:02 AM, Banackock said:

42. Bana doing what he does best, he is into 3 ways. Looks like it was a good trade.

43. It's hard to beat established players and most teams that win have a few. Good move.

44. Seattle looks like a fighting team at this point.

45. I would say that after the dust settles, the overall rating would be POSITIVE

46. I think the team will have some shocking results.

47. Vancouver is on a whole other level during the season. They are bound to flop in the playoffs.

48. I know Malmo will make it.

On 2/20/2023 at 12:02 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S87 VHL Draft

S87 VHL Index

S87 VHLE Index

S87 VHLM Index

This season's PC's:

It was sad to see Florida Man go, but Tavish DeGroot was an incredible piece going forward, and was our top D during the playoffs! Overall, I can’t complain with that.

An absolute steal!! Vasile Lamb solidified our team immensely, so in hindsight this was an acquisition that really turned the team into a playoff ready roster. 

We did way better than anticipated, and made a great post season campaign! I’m eager to see how we perform this upcoming season.

The fact is, neither team won the Cup. They were both formidable teams during the regular season, but in the end the Wolves fell to us in the Semi-Finals fairly easily.

The team has a Bear Head 🐻 Halloween mask that we give to the most clutch player for that game. He definitely got it, only after the whole team pranked him by staying quiet when he entered the LR for a few moments. 😂

It clearly wasn’t a metal band because Ash Sparks wasn’t mentioned to be a part of it, so I’m guessing that it’s a country band.. as for the name I have no idea. 😂