Seattle Bears Press Conference

67. It's Trade deadline day today. What teams do you think will be trying to make moves?

In NA probably Seattle and DC. For Seattle, we kinda need one last push to get into the playoffs. 

68. IF you were on the block, what teams do you think would be interested in you? Why?

I hope I'm not, but Calgary, New York, Moscow, and Warsaw are potentially interested. They don't appear to be all that competitive this season and I'm probably looked at as a low-mid tier prospect so their window for competing aligns better with me. 

69. We're at this point now. How does the Bears season end?

Hopefully with a strong run that clinches a playoff berth. You never know what can happen when the Bears make the playoffs.

70. Who has been the most surprising team this season?

I thought Malmo was going to be great. They've struggled so far and seem to have fallen out of the playoffs race. 

71.  What type of equipment does your player use? why?

Whatever fits best. Mostly CCM due to the fit. I like P92 curve with 77 flex on my stick. I can really make the most of my shot that way. 

72. Does your player have any superstitions? 

Always put on the left side gear first. I also put equipment on and in the bag in the same order otherwise it feels wrong in my head. 

On 9/18/2023 at 12:26 AM, Banackock said:

Bana's S90 Quick Q's - #7 :sea:

image.png.1659973d980153f73b371d701d1fd552.png

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S90 VHL Entry Draft

S90 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

67. It's Trade deadline day today. What teams do you think will be trying to make moves?

68. IF you were on the block, what teams do you think would be interested in you. Why?

69. We're at this point now. How does the Bears season end?

70. Who has been the most surprising team this season?

71.  What type of equipment does your player use? why?

72. Does your player have any superstitions? 

73. If you compared your players career to a Disney movie, which would it be. Why?

1. Well I'm really late on this but I imagine teams near the top but not quite there grabbed some players from teams entering rebuilds.

2. Funny enough I was traded this season, just much earlier than the TDL, If I hadn't gone to Mississauga it would have been another top team like the Wild or Marlins

3. Decently, middle of the pack team.

4. Probably the Toronto Legion, just from looking at least season to now.

5. Probably some brand stuff from Russia, I'm not very good with these kind of questions.

6. I mean Kadachi is just getting started so..... any Disney movie that has a character just starting out.... does Solo: A Star Wars story count?

Bana's S90 Quick Q's - #9 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S90 VHL Entry Draft

S90 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

*Follow PC Rules. Each time PC is posted, there enough questions for you to answer for multiple weeks if there isn't for the following week. Old weeks/posts will be above as "S87PC - #X". You have to answer or ask 6 questions, in any combination. ANYONE is more than welcome to ask and answer questions. ENJOY! :) 

74. How was your week last week? What did you get up to?

75. What do you have planned for this week?

76. Canadian Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. What are you looking forward to if celebrating?

77. What is one snack or treat you absolutely cannot resist?

78. Thoughts on Seattle adding Shrimp @Blazzer at TDL? :) 

79. You find a mysterious hockey glove in the dark corner of a locker room.. They say "scotty".. you put them on and a genie pops out.. One wish.. what is it???

80. After a long game, how do your player unwind and relax?

81. Does your player have any hidden talents that the league doesn't know about????

82. You've been requested to be in the new Game of Thrones "VHL" series and must chose a family name and background... what is it and why?

Not too bad. I went to a theme park on Friday for their Halloween festivities, which was fun. I enjoyed watching my favorite football teams win on Saturday and Sunday a little more, though.

Bookmarking that first Blackhawks preseason game for sure. Other than that it's a fairly basic week. Playing pickup hockey a couple of times. Waiting for the weekend again.

76. Canadian Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. What are you looking forward to if celebrating?

I'm not Canadian, but our Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Looking forward to spending time with my family and obviously the great food. Can't forget about the food.

Does cereal count? I can't resist Cap'n Crunch. I'm definitely addicted to it.

78. Thoughts on Seattle adding Shrimp @Blazzer at TDL? :) 

Looks like it immediately impacted the lineup and you guys have a solid chance to make the playoffs. Just gotta finish strong.

82. You've been requested to be in the new Game of Thrones "VHL" series and must choose a family name and background... what is it and why?

If we're going off of the series I definitely want to be Stark. Bad ass name, great history and they're very loyal.

74. Med school as per usual just studying and keeping myself sane HAHA

75. it's been a pretty chill week tbh. my classes were cancelled and I'm just helping a friend out with stuff

77. Lays or ruffles sour cream and onion chips. like that thing on sale is a must grab

78. of course a great idea ;) 

79. to wish that everyone dear to me be happy and healthy 

80. the bed is your best friend but also stretch and get an ice bath in

On 9/24/2023 at 5:14 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S90 VHL Entry Draft

S90 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

78. Thoughts on Seattle adding Shrimp @Blazzer at TDL? :) 

79. You find a mysterious hockey glove in the dark corner of a locker room.. They say "scotty".. you put them on and a genie pops out.. One wish.. what is it???

80. After a long game, how do your player unwind and relax?

81. Does your player have any hidden talents that the league doesn't know about????

82. You've been requested to be in the new Game of Thrones "VHL" series and must chose a family name and background... what is it and why?

1. Mostly just the usual, have a cousin visiting currently though so that's cool.

2. Watching the Overwatch league finals, record stuff.

3. Life, family and friends.

4. probably hershey's cookies and cream.

5. I'll say fantastic move.

6. He's got a degree in technology, very good with computer stuff.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S90 VHL Entry Draft

S90 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

83. Seattle lost to Vancouver. Overall, what are your thoughts on the season as a final reflection?

84. Who are you rooting for now that Seattle is done?

85. What are your players plans for the off-season?

86. Given your players season, is there anything (build wise) you think you could/should change?

87. OCTOBER IS HERE!!!!! Any fun plans upcoming this month?

88. Who do you feel is the favourite to win the playoffs? why?

89. Why do you think is the team that could most surprise us in playoffs? why?

90. If you had to change one thing about the league, what would it be?

91. What is one thing you are STRONGLY passionate about? Why?

13 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S90 VHL Entry Draft

S90 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

83. Seattle lost to Vancouver. Overall, what are your thoughts on the season as a final reflection?

86. Given your players season, is there anything (build wise) you think you could/should change?

1. (83.) It's been a season full of ups and downs. It seemed like something was missing all along, even if it seemed like we were bound for success early on. The addition of Shrimp did go very well, so that could be something to take into the next season.

2. (84.) Absolutely nobody.

3. (85.) Not sure what this off-season is going to look like, to be honest. Management has decisions to make and I'm entering my final year... I'd love to play one last season in Seattle, but this is a business too and I'm aware of what can happen.

4. (86.) You can't teach old dogs new tricks, that's what I've always heard. Depreciation will hit the hardest this season, which could lead me to tweak a few things, but at this level, nothing will change much. I plan on working through my final season so in the end we could see some changes to what we have with me now.

5. (87.) We have a holiday on Thursday, so that's good... but it's time we plan our early December getaway. Maybe Disneyland Paris and Zurich, to a much-anticipated visit to @Daniel Janser?

6. (90.) It's about time Zef Goncalves gets a new GM position. 👀

I don't think disappointment is the right word. I thought the team was better than it performed, but sometimes you get what you get with this sim. Maybe a fresh start is necessary to get things going. 

Probably London or Helsinki. It'd be a good underdog story if they won. 

Hopefully get better haha. Just prep for the upcoming season. Can't waste any time if he's supposed to be called up. 

Just about anything will improve the shit show that he put on. I don't have the drive to earn enough to add to scoring, but the defensive build has been worthless. Maybe I just need more time for the build to round out and finally make an impact. 

A couple of birthdays in the family that I'm excited about. Going to some NHL games as well. Honestly can't wait. It's gonna be a great month!

Davos for sure. Great team and defending champs. It'll be tough for them to repeat, but they have the best chance. 

83. I think super disappointed. We tried to rebuild but something didn't click. 

85. Sad to say but free agency!

86. I'd like to run for the goal scoring title next season. 

87. Can't wait to finally start going outside now that the temperature is falling. 

88. I guess Los Angeles. 

89. Vancouver given how they played against us. 

On 10/1/2023 at 4:32 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S90 VHL Entry Draft

S90 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

1. Good but probably not very fulfilling I'd imagine, better luck next season!

2. As someone who spent a long time with the Toronto Legion, kinda hard not to cheer for them.

3. Well Hounds are in the finals so still focused on Hockey but after? probably a trip home.

4. Still in that growing phase, give me another 2 or 3 seasons then I'll take a bit more of "wait and see" approach, see what I should add to.

5. Well I had my b-day, but otherwise just gonna be focusing on working.

6. Dynamo won not long ago.... so them?

• 2 weeks later...

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #1 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

1. What are your thoughts on the Bears playoff performance?

2. Thoughts on Shrimp and Bogatyrev testing FA?

3. Thoughts on all the stuff Bogatyrev has been saying in the media?

4. Thoughts on the Seattle Bears draft and adding so many amazing members?

5. What are your expectations for this upcoming season?

6. Are you surprised by the trades by the Bears this off-season?

7. How do you think Seattle will do this season?

8. What have you been up to in life lately?

9. What is one thing that's positive that you're looking forward to in life?

1. What are your thoughts on the Bears playoff performance?

It's a bit unfortunate! Going 1-3 when your goal differential is only -1 is disappointing and not at all typical, and it's never a great feeling to go out of the playoffs early-ish.

2. Thoughts on Shrimp and Bogatyrev testing FA?

I think it's fair. Player agency exists in the VHL arguably even more than in the NHL and it's a reasonable thing to do if you're looking out for yourself from time to time.

3. Thoughts on all the stuff Bogatyrev has been saying in the media?

I have no idea what Bogatyrev has been saying so I can't tell you!

4. Thoughts on the Seattle Bears draft and adding so many amazing members?

I'm excited to join the Bears, finally!!

5. What are your expectations for this upcoming season?

I am planning on being in the VHLE for this upcoming season, so I don't really know the landscape of the VHL. I'm going to do well on the Vikings and hopefully get them where they want to be. 

8. What have you been up to in life lately?

Interviewing for fellowship, which is a way of sub-specializing in medicine. I have just one interview left for pediatric nephrology (i.e. kidney medicine like dialysis, kidney injury, and hypertension in children) and going to a lot of friends' weddings!!

9. What is one thing that's positive that you're looking forward to in life?

I match to fellowship in just over a month! That's exciting/terrifying.

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #2 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

10. Halloween is around the corner. Do you have any plans?

11. The VHL is throwing a Halloween party. What does your player dress up as?

12. Looking back, what are some of the best things YOU dressed up as for Halloween?

13. Do you have any memories of Halloween that stood out for you?

14. What are some of your favorite treats to get on Halloween?

15. Seattle is planning a Halloween bash for their players. HOWEVER, there's one important rule. What is it???

16. Seattle came out with a new candy brand for their fans for their home opener. What is it and what's it called?

17. Seattle seems to have transitioned nicely into a retool. What are your thoughts on the future of the team?

18. How is life for you right now?

19. How is the VHL for you right now?

20. Have you heard any Christmas music yet? If so, lay the story on us lol!

Edited by Banackock

10. hope i can rest  a little :D
11. i will dress up as our general manager @Banackock and scare players, that there is a team practice after the halloween party.
16. Bear trap, candy so sour, your mouth will feel like in a trap.
18. pretty busy.
19. its good, excited for the new season with a new team.
20.not yet thankfully, its too soon for me.

10 hours ago, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

12. Looking back, what are some of the best things YOU dressed up as for Halloween?

15. Seattle is planning a Halloween bash for their players. HOWEVER, there's one important rule. What is it???

16. Seattle came out with a new candy brand for their fans for their home opener. What is it and what's it called?

17. Seattle seems to have transitioned nicely into a retool. What are your thoughts on the future of the team?

1. Nope! Never celebrated it so I don't really have that drive to do anything for it.

2. Toothless

3. I never have, so no answer sadly DX

4. Nope!

5. If I did go trick or treating probably smarties or kitkats.

6. Must bring one alcoholic drink!

I'll be working. I'm going to be a flying monkey from The Wizard of Oz!

A... uh... a moth. Probably.

Honestly I remember dressing up as Robin for Halloween and having a lot of fun with it.

I mean, the house that always gave out king-size candy bars and FunDip is a core memory for me. That and a few houses on my street that would absolutely go all-out for Halloween that scared the heck outta me. Those were always a ton of fun!

See the above. FunDip is literally just sugar and it was fun to get.

Very bright. No particular reason. 😉

Absurdly busy, which is why I'm getting all of my point tasks done at 8:30 PM on a Sunday night. I've either been at a wedding or working (mostly working) all of the last 9 weekends with no weekdays off while interviewing, so that's a thing.

On 10/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

10) going to do trick or treating with my son. Don't know how it will go here

11) probably an evil vhlm commissioner

15) no one is allowed to come dressed as a bear

16) caramel bear (see Caramello koala)

18) life is going quite well for me recently nothing to complain about

19) I need to improve on my GMing but going well 

• 3 weeks later...

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

10. Did you do anything special for Halloween?

11. Black Friday is approaching. Have any plans to buy anything? IF YOU could, what would you buy?

12. Thoughts on how your player is doing this season?

13. @Renomitsu is tearing it up this season in the E. If you could describe them and their play in 7 words, how would you do so?

14. @Ben mclaughlin is closing in on a career high for lots of things this season. How do the Bears plan to celebrate with them?

15. @Otaznik leads the way for the Bears right now. They've really turned it up a notch to help Seattle. What's their secret?

16. @DMaximus currently needs some help to improve their play. Shit happens! Any secret tips that can give them an edge???

17. @youloser1337 after a rough start of something like 0 points in 5gp, they're now a PPG. What song do they listen to each night before bed for good luck????

18. @oilmandan leading the Bears for points I do believe. What's their go to celly when they score a goal???

Edited by Banackock

I was working in the children's hospital on Halloween; dressed up as the Cowardly Lion as part of a group costume!

11. Black Friday is approaching. Have any plans to buy anything? IF YOU could, what would you buy?

Nope, I'm also going to be working Black Friday and have absolutely zero plans of waking up even earlier haha

I wish that my player's performance led to more team success personally. It's hard to watch any kind of good performance on a team that isn't doing well, because that means I'm not performing well in the right way.

15. @Otaznik leads the way for the Bears right now. They've really turned it up a notch to help Seattle. What's their secret?

Pure, unadulterated skill. Nothing more, nothing less.

16. @DMaximus currently needs some help to improve their play. Shit happens! Any secret tips that can give them an edge???

No big concerns from me. It'll come with time.

17. @youloser1337 after a rough start of something like 0 points in 5gp, they're now a PPG. What song do they listen to each night before bed for good luck????

There's a recent floorball series from JomBoy media and one of their teams (We Got Ice) made a custom song for scoring goals. I like to imagine youloser's player listens to that.

On 11/15/2023 at 5:11 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

This season's PC's:

13. @Renomitsu is tearing it up this season in the E. If you could describe them and their play in 7 words, how would you do so?

14. @Ben mclaughlin is closing in on a career high for lots of things this season. How do the Bears plan to celebrate with them?

15. @Otaznik leads the way for the Bears right now. They've really turned it up a notch to help Seattle. What's their secret?

16. @DMaximus currently needs some help to improve their play. Shit happens! Any secret tips that can give them an edge???

17. @youloser1337 after a rough start of something like 0 points in 5gp, they're now a PPG. What song do they listen to each night before bed for good luck????

18. @oilmandan leading the Bears for points I do believe. What's their go to celly when they score a goal???

1. Nope, I've never celebrated them to begin with so nothing was planned.

2. If I could I'd get a big new TV.

3. Some kind of party I'm sure, surprise him at his house or something.

4. Purple gatorade

5. calm down and refocus, and drink some purple gatorade.

6. Hockey stick guitar!!

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #4 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

19. Your player has been chosen to build the next TESLA vehicle. What is the concept, style and name of it??

20. You are commissioner for a day. What are some changes you would make?

21. Theme week is RECRUITMENT. What is one crazy way, that is so crazy, it may just work for recruitment?

22. How has your time been with the Bears so far?

23. What are some ways Seattle can improve the locker room experience?

24. Who are the TOP 3 candidates so far for this season in the VHL?

25. What teams do you think will be making deadline moves??

26. What movie do you consider to be underrated?

27. What movie is the most overrated to you?

28. Are you watching any TV shows right now? Any suggestions for us?? :D 

Definitely rigging it for the Bears. Gotta put some restrictions on other teams and raise the cap for Seattle. I don’t really have any other ideas. The league runs pretty well in my opinion. 

21. Theme week is RECRUITMENT. What is one crazy way, that is so crazy, it may just work for recruitment?

Fund some aerial banners across Canada. I’ll take $1 per member that joins, thank you very much. 

Amazing as always. Performing better than expected which is always a bonus when your team isn’t built to compete. 

I could be a bit more active. Just out of town with poor service, but I’ll be back soon. There’s not a whole lot that could be done. You don’t want to overdo it when guys just want a round table feel to it. Where people can add to or start conversations whenever they want. 

Miracle on ice is the best movie ever made. A true American sports classic that doesn’t get the love it deserves. Don’t @ me!

The Joker movie was for me. Sure it was entertaining, but people were raving about a movie I thought had no replay-ability or made me want to see more. I’m not a big movie guy as it is, so I felt it was just odd and overhyped. 

On 11/20/2023 at 8:03 AM, Banackock said:

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #4 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

19. Your player has been chosen to build the next TESLA vehicle. What is the concept, style and name of it??

24. Who are the TOP 3 candidates so far for this season in the VHL?

25. What teams do you think will be making deadline moves??

28. Are you watching any TV shows right now? Any suggestions for us?? :D 

1. I'd choose a SUV type of vehicle, call it the dragon or somethin silly.

2. Get rid of the E, Storm go back to M.

3. Good if not quiet, but I'm just so busy so haven't been looking around to much.

4. Honestly any team that wants to get better, or build up by stock piling on draft picks, so I say everyone!!

5. James Bond License to Kill

6. Nothing right now sadly, but not to long ago I watched CSI New York, I thought it was really good!!

Bana's S91 Quick Q's - #5 :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S91 VHL Index

This season's PC's:

29. What's one crazy idea for recruitment that is SO CRAZY, might just work?

30. What's one area of the league that you think could be improved?

31. The Bears LR is quieter than it's been the last 20-30 seasons. We're rebuilding, so it happens, but what are some ways you think we could bring life into the LR?

32. If you're American, how was your Thanksgiving?

33. Official welcome to the first week of December. Any big plans for the start of the month?

34. If you could play with any VHL player of the past, which player would it be and why?

35. If you had to move the New York Americans to a different city, which city would it be and why?

36. The team is planning a December vacation together over the "break". Where are they going and why?

37. What's a song that's currently stuck in your head?

38. Whats one thing you can do today that will make you feel better/improved/happier etc?