DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

:dcd: D.C. DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:
End of the season is closing in!

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, Answer 6 for 2

1. With the season coming to an end and seeing some great improvement on ice - how do you feel about our season as of right now?
2. Do you believe making a playoffs should be our goal a this point with few games left?

3. GM Frostbeard has come out with a statement that he feels a lottery pick would be more important for our squad then making playoffs - your thoughts on that matter?
4. There have been rumours that with the TDL trades, D.C. Dragons are preparing to become buying this off-season, do you think it is a good sign?
5. We have many great players in our prospect system that are yet to join our squad - how do you rate the current prospect depth of our team knowing we have many picks this upcoming draft?
6. Out of all the players on the team, which one is the easiest to work with in practice?

4 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

End of the season is closing in!

1. With the season coming to an end and seeing some great improvement on ice - how do you feel about our season as of right now?
2. Do you believe making a playoffs should be our goal a this point with few games left?

3. GM Frostbeard has come out with a statement that he feels a lottery pick would be more important for our squad then making playoffs - your thoughts on that matter?
4. There have been rumours that with the TDL trades, D.C. Dragons are preparing to become buying this off-season, do you think it is a good sign?
5. We have many great players in our prospect system that are yet to join our squad - how do you rate the current prospect depth of our team knowing we have many picks this upcoming draft?
6. Out of all the players on the team, which one is the easiest to work with in practice?

1. well I'll say we tanked perfectly now, as we were winning but the identity of the team is going young and rebuilding so. I'm happy with the team as It means an open spot for me.
2. I mean definitely not lol, just tank at this point as why else did you make those trades?
3. as said above, It gives me new teammates and It means more talent on the roster for the future baby!
4. Oh absolutely we get guys signed to compete right away and have players that are developing. It's coming together trust in the Beard
5. I mean I would say It's elite. I mean we had 2 guys play on the VHL roster as rookies! Then of course myself im looking to come up this year. I'm trying so hard.
6. for me I can't say much as been In Istanbul all season, but Bubbles was awesome during training camp. 

We didn't make playoffs!

1. How do you feel our season went overall?
2. It is said by few media outlets that "DC are known for their late season tanks!" - your thoughts about that?
3. Which player stood out of D.C. Dragons squad this season?
4. Ben Laas has been incredibly open about his excitement of potentially moving up to VHL - your thoughts on that player?
5. With DC Dragons 1st Rounder being a Lottery pick, who do you think GM Frostbeard is eyeing to select?
6. What do we need to do as a team this off-season to work towards making DC Dragons a contender team?

4 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

We didn't make playoffs!

2. It is said by few media outlets that "DC are known for their late season tanks!" - your thoughts about that?
4. Ben Laas has been incredibly open about his excitement of potentially moving up to VHL - your thoughts on that player?
5. With DC Dragons 1st Rounder being a Lottery pick, who do you think GM Frostbeard is eyeing to select?
6. What do we need to do as a team this off-season to work towards making DC Dragons a contender team?

1. I obviously agree It sucks losing, but It's whats best for our future and the direction of the team. 
2. let them watch us tank lol, It just shows our coach is talented and just puts a team out there with success.
3. I believe it was all the guys we traded lol. After we traded them we were asking for developing guys to try and win. just hard to do. The thing that sticks out is our effort for the later part of our season to tank! 
4. It's me so I'm pretty high on myself, I've got some growing pains, but I don't feel theres any more need to let me develop on the Red Wolves as I'm already almost developed basically and just ready to show some talent in the VHL
5. It should be a FWD or a Goalie As Bubbles is getting older. Seasons pass by quick and while we are tanking and developing, the turn around to competing needs to be quick. so whoever frost feels is best im following his lead
6. Well It's been talked about we need a goalie to develop, but I feel we could sign one that's regressing and giving some quality minutes. Along with new forwards that are entering their prime soon as we want our young guys to be upcoming stars as the The guys in their prime are performing amazingly. 

On 7/25/2023 at 2:14 PM, FrostBeard said:

We didn't make playoffs!

1. Better than expected, plus we're going to get a high draft pick!

2. I mean, maybe. But we'll be even better next year and I'm thinking we'll break the streak!

3. Mark Calaway. He was our best rookie out of the bunch. Honorable mention goes to @fishy for being that bad bitch in goal

4. He's super lame...just kidding. He's gonna be a beast to have on the team next year. Remember when I said we're going to be good next year? He's part of the why.

5. Pls pick @Doomsday, then the Stockholm management team will also be on the same team in the VHL

6. Brin up our lads in the E, and take a great pick in the 1st and second. If we do that, I bet we're in the playoffs and maybe more!

Off-season is coming soon!

1. What are you off-season plans?
2. GM Frostbeard recently was called out after he told reporters that "He won't answer questions about this draft as everyone should know what is the goal for DC Dragons". Your thoughts on the matter?
3. Queefson and Dvorak were seen arguing about stick tape and who is a better at it. Who is the better player to tape their stick?
4. With a lot of players looking to available in the next FA - which positions do you think DC Dragons should focus on?
5. Looking at our roster, there are clearly things that need to be done for our squad to become competitive, what would be your suggestion for GM Frostbeard to go and do?
6. After long hours of work, Bubbles Utonium has released a statement that S90 will be her last season in VHL, what does Bubbles Utonium mean to DC Dragons franchise?

12 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

Off-season is coming soon!

1. What are you off-season plans?
2. GM Frostbeard recently was called out after he told reporters that "He won't answer questions about this draft as everyone should know what is the goal for DC Dragons". Your thoughts on the matter?
3. Queefson and Dvorak were seen arguing about stick tape and who is a better at it. Who is the better player to tape their stick?
4. With a lot of players looking to available in the next FA - which positions do you think DC Dragons should focus on?
5. Looking at our roster, there are clearly things that need to be done for our squad to become competitive, what would be your suggestion for GM Frostbeard to go and do?
6. After long hours of work, Bubbles Utonium has released a statement that S90 will be her last season in VHL, what does Bubbles Utonium mean to DC Dragons franchise?

1. Right now It's getting Myself settled in D.C Istanbul was so boring so now being in a familiar place. You best believe im going out and enjoying myself and doing things that wont get me injured of course.
2. I mean yeah they should know the goals, Do your mock drafts or just read them. Enjoy being a D.C fan! 
3. It's gotta be Dvorak. I just think Queefson does It too clumsy he goes too fast and you can see the errors
4. I mean Just getting some scoring fwds maybe? I know we have a young defenseman core that is earning well, so we may need a GK, but would definitely look for a young one to grow with us.
5. I mean It would have to be getting young fwds in the draft along with a young goalie. Then you can sign vets in both those spots as you can use them as fillers for a few seasons till our guys are ready! 
6. I mean she means a lot, her giving the effort even when she knows that the team isnt trying to win. She gives fans hope in D.C really. Im here after her time so her leadership is where she gives the most. The experience as well as it allows us to train on a goalie who has faced so many shots in her career. She will be missed so ill be cherishing my rookie season. 

Draft and Free Agency is coming up!

1. D.C. Dragons have added Vincent Laroche-Gagnier to our roster, how much of an impact do you think he will with our squad next season?
2. GM Frostbeard recently had a conversation with Ryuji Sakamoto that ended with GM screaming at him and calling him a donut. What could have the conversation been about?
3. With our squad fillling up for the upcoming season, do you think our team is ready to make playoffs?
4. William Futch recently released a song titled "Dragon yourself" what could the song be about?
5. How much of an importance will Bubbles Utonium be for our team going into the season?
6. With our young guns still developing, how much of an importance will it be for a team to have veteran leadership?

16 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

Draft and Free Agency is coming up!

1. D.C. Dragons have added Vincent Laroche-Gagnier to our roster, how much of an impact do you think he will with our squad next season?
2. GM Frostbeard recently had a conversation with Ryuji Sakamoto that ended with GM screaming at him and calling him a donut. What could have the conversation been about?
3. With our squad fillling up for the upcoming season, do you think our team is ready to make playoffs?
4. William Futch recently released a song titled "Dragon yourself" what could the song be about?
5. How much of an importance will Bubbles Utonium be for our team going into the season?
6. With our young guns still developing, how much of an importance will it be for a team to have veteran leadership?

1. I expect big things man, I'm a rookie so i can't wait to see the talent the VHL offers.
2. **raises eyebrow** probably just trying to trash us, but dragons good end of story
3. I would say that's the goal? get the talent here and as younger guys grow we get experience and then when were prime were extending our competing window
4. Well I would say It's about keeping on and things will get better just as the Dragons are. We are growing just as all of us must do. 
5. I mean she's going to be huge. We need one last good year out of her. We need her showing that glove out there!
6. It's super important. These trades are huge and I trust frost It's amazing to have your gm be word for word with you about what's happening with the team. 

1- We’ll I’d like to say that I could be addding 40 goals like I did last season even though it’ll be tough. But I went from being the 4th choice forward to potentially being 1st choice forward here ( when I look at tpa) so it’ll still be interesting to see if this will affect my points knowing I don’t have a Leandro to carry me 

2-probably about trading him ( again) 

3-I’m not too sure I’ll have to wait and see how the team performs on the ice but it’ll n be interesting 

4-We all know it’s about the prodigal VLG joining the dragons right ? Right …? 

5-Unless me make trades or FA, he’s gonna be the starter which is a big job and probably the one with the most pressure on his shoulders, I’ve learned one massive thing about STHS in my career and that’s that if you don’t have a good starter don’t even think about winning even if your team is then best ever. It’ll be Interesting to see how he performs he has had good stats so far but retirement is close. But yeah, goalie are always very important.

6-it’s definitely gonna be important to have people helping the Rookie first gen staying evolved and preparing them and well I’ve been doing that somehow with Keegs for a while already and I’d be happy to continue doing it now in DC

1 - massive. This league is one that requires offense to win championships. 

2 - I assure you, this is simply hearsay.

3 - We damn well better be 

4 - it's a word for word cover of the Oppai Dragon song from High School DxD

5 - It's going to take every player working together to be successful, and Bubbles is a big part of that.

6 - Slap the C on Ryuji and let him lead the team to the promised land.

Season is soon to be!

1. What do you expect from this season for DC Dragons?
2. What are your own individual goals for the upcoming S90?
3. GM Frostbeard recently told a news network that "Dragons are still missing certain pieces but are ready to punish anyone who dares to bark" - your thoughts on that?
4. Prospect Keegan Gamble recently got into trouble after he had a heavy argument with Ben Laas while attending press event. Team has refused to comment. What was the argument about?
5. Looking at the NA conference, D.C. Dragons has a clear path to playoffs. Our of the teams in NA, who will be our straight rivals?
6. Mark Calaway was recently a nominee for the rookie of the year. Sadly, he didn't win, however do you think that this sort of recognition helps a young player or puts him on an unnecessary pressure?

15 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

Season is soon to be!

3. GM Frostbeard recently told a news network that "Dragons are still missing certain pieces but are ready to punish anyone who dares to bark" - your thoughts on that?
4. Prospect Keegan Gamble recently got into trouble after he had a heavy argument with Ben Laas while attending press event. Team has refused to comment. What was the argument about?
5. Looking at the NA conference, D.C. Dragons has a clear path to playoffs. Our of the teams in NA, who will be our straight rivals?
6. Mark Calaway was recently a nominee for the rookie of the year. Sadly, he didn't win, however do you think that this sort of recognition helps a young player or puts him on an unnecessary pressure?

1. Actually trying to win, imagine having to trade to lose. Yeah the dragons are good like that. 
2.Well It's for sure to not look dumb out there. I'll be on the 2nd line and hopefully i provide great defensive effort out there! 
3. It's true, we know were up and coming and these few moves will come with chemistry issues. Gotta get on the same boat and get to practicing. GM frost isn't wrong, but I will see we are figuring out the puzzle
4. Well I also had the media ask me, but since its just you and me. Keegan was out gambling In D.C don't even know why. And He took so of my money! Yeah dude's a thief. It will leave a mark on his reputation, but my mission is to win here, the Prospect better have won some money with It and If he did he isnt sharing! Wait there he is right there, KEEGAN! 

5. Los Angeles Stars. Why? cause pope francis name is tied to them. I don't think he's called up yet, but boy I will be making sure to hurt the other team in disrespect to him!
6. I think it helps greatly. We need positives after last year and we know the draft didnt fall our way, so any kind of recognition to give the team more hope adds onto it. Plus It's hard to be up there for rookie of the year. Massive props to Calaway! 

On 8/17/2023 at 7:04 PM, FrostBeard said:

Season is soon to be!

1. I think the team has taken steps to compete, so playoffs would be nice
2. Win an award in the VHLM
3. The team is definitely sneaky strong
4. Whether double e is better than double a in a name
5. I feel like DC and Chicago are kind of rivals. Expansion teams created close by, while also being close geographically
6. I think not winning ROTY will certainly motivate Calaway to be better, while also re-assuring him that he is being noticed.

Roster is set, emotions are high - lets show the league what Dragons can do!

1. In an interview GM Frostbeard has openly said that he sees Calaway and Sakamoto as the best Defensive Duo in VHL. Your thoughts on that comment?
2. Jason has recently got into trouble after he was carried out of a nightclub by assistant GM Ivo Willems, some local news outlets have called it a 'disgrace to the sport of Hockey' - what do you think about this situation?
3. After long deliberations Viking Brandy brand has signed a 5 season sponsorship deal with D.C. Dragons. Few local breweries and alcoholic bewerage brands are calling this a 'traitorous move'. Do you believe our team should sign Latvian/Danish owned alcohol brand or should we focus on something more local?
4. It has been reported that D.C. Dragons have widely been rated as the potential 5th Seed in NA, making playoffs. Do you think it is a low/high rating for our team?
5. In a recent interview Keita Kourou was called a "untallented and weak player" by anonymous player of Calgary Wranglers roster. What is your reponse to that claim?
6. Lucas Grey recently returned to our roster and attended the end of the Training camp after spending some time away with their family. His response to question 'If he is ready to play after not working on his hockey game all of the off-season' he responded by saying 'I am not only ready, I am better that ever!' Do you think having a confidence like that can inspire the whole LR to play and perform better?

1 hour ago, FrostBeard said:

1. In an interview GM Frostbeard has openly said that he sees Calaway and Sakamoto as the best Defensive Duo in VHL. Your thoughts on that comment?
2. Jason has recently got into trouble after he was carried out of a nightclub by assistant GM Ivo Willems, some local news outlets have called it a 'disgrace to the sport of Hockey' - what do you think about this situation?
3. After long deliberations Viking Brandy brand has signed a 5 season sponsorship deal with D.C. Dragons. Few local breweries and alcoholic bewerage brands are calling this a 'traitorous move'. Do you believe our team should sign Latvian/Danish owned alcohol brand or should we focus on something more local?
4. It has been reported that D.C. Dragons have widely been rated as the potential 5th Seed in NA, making playoffs. Do you think it is a low/high rating for our team?
5. In a recent interview Keita Kourou was called a "untallented and weak player" by anonymous player of Calgary Wranglers roster. What is your reponse to that claim?
6. Lucas Grey recently returned to our roster and attended the end of the Training camp after spending some time away with their family. His response to question 'If he is ready to play after not working on his hockey game all of the off-season' he responded by saying 'I am not only ready, I am better that ever!' Do you think having a confidence like that can inspire the whole LR to play and perform better?

1. Yes I also see those 2 being the best defensive duo in the VHL.

2. Yeah sorry I just got too excited for the start of the VHL season 😔

3. I think we can try out the Latvian/Danish-owned alcohol brand and if it's not good I guess we'll have to wait 5 seasons.

4. I think this is a fair ranking, I also expect us to go 4th or 5th in the NA.

5. Are you sure it was a player? maybe it was Ricer, but whoever called him that is just jealous that he's so good.

6. Yes having confidence is always a very good thing to have in the lr.

On 8/21/2023 at 9:13 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. Both are definitely threats, but I'm not sure if I'd call them the best defensive duo in the league. I think Vancouver has a really strong d-core that probably holds that title
2. Classic Jason tbh
3. I definitely think the team should be promoting local. Seems like a bit of corruption going on considering the team's management is latvian/danish
4. I think it sounds about right, the bottom of NA is really weak, so I can totally see us in 5th
5. I mean they stayed anonymous, they should stand by their words instead of hiding
6. Definitely, it's good for the team to have that role model and example being set

On 8/21/2023 at 8:13 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. I think that they are in the top 3 give them a few weeks and they will be #1.
2. He was having fun but that is a bad sight to see.
3. D.C. should focus on stuff more local.
4. I think it is a bit high I think they will be 6th in the NA conference.
5. I think that they are wrong Ketia Kourou is very talented and if they weren't talented then why would the be in the VHL.
6. That confidence does inspire the whole LR to perform better.

1-Well they're definitely one of the best undeniably. Maybe not 1st but they're one of the most underrated in the league and will help the team a lot 

2-Well we always knew Jason was a party guy !

3-We sign with whoever offers the most money!!!

4-I think it might be a bit low but I love that we are underrated !

5-I just know it's fradin who said that cause we all know that Bruins fan doesn't think right !

6-Yes ! Having player at the top of their form is always a plus for the team! Sport performances come from mental health and confidence is a good sign!

1 - SAKA + anyone is already a top 5 defense pair. 💪

2 - Sounds like typical Jason tbh

3 - In the comedy world, there's an expression that Local Jokes make Local Pay. 

4 - I think it's about right, but I'd be happier to see us in the top 3.

5 - idontknowwhothatis.gif sorry

6 - As long as he can back it up on the ice, absolutely 

I've not paid attention to the league for a few seasons, riding the bench as a back up is demanding work, so I've got no clue if this is true or not, but per OD, FB is bad at his job so I'll disagree.

Who is Jason? That's neither here, nor there, really - the real disgrace is media reporting on this. Back in my day, a guy would show up hungover and it'd be reported as flu like symptoms, and everyone would just carry on as normal.

Whatever pays the bills, baby.

Yes.

DC has two goalies better than Calgary's starter, so my response is git gud.

Confidence is key in sports. If you go in with anything less, you've already lost.

• 3 weeks later...

D.C. Dragons are on the way to playoffs!

1. In a recent interview, GM Frostbeard openly said that "Dragons have a wonderful LR chemistry that is tough to beat" - do you agree with that statement?
2. Jason and VLG are both very high up scoring lists and have proven to be our top 2 offensive juggernauts - do you feel that will be enough to do good in playoffs??
3. City of Washington recently released a statement saying that their favourite sports franchises are Wizards and Capitals. How important it is for Dragons to make it into that Top 2?
4. Backup goaltender Geoff Bezos has been stellar this season, do you feel that if things go sour, we need to give him few more starts?
5. Ben Laas and Justin Adolfsen have both already appeared in Viking Brandy commercials and the brand says their sales went up 23% after those commercials aired - do you feel that more of our players should go and start working with Dragons main sponsor?
6. Mark Calaway and Ryuji Sakamoto have both been incredibly influencial for our squad this season, do you feel their presence in the LR and do you think that resigning both Calaway and Sakamoto is important for our franchise?

1 - yeah man. LR chat is solid.

2 -offense wins titles in this league, and they're both offensive 🥷

3 - doesn't matter. It will happen organically at some point, but it's a thing that fluctuates, you know?

4 - if he needs to, absolutely. But Bubbles has been as advertised

5 - what does the team get out of it? Is it a distraction?

6 - no comment 😛

On 9/17/2023 at 10:44 AM, FrostBeard said:

D.C. Dragons are on the way to playoffs!

1. In a recent interview, GM Frostbeard openly said that "Dragons have a wonderful LR chemistry that is tough to beat" - do you agree with that statement?
2. Jason and VLG are both very high up scoring lists and have proven to be our top 2 offensive juggernauts - do you feel that will be enough to do good in playoffs??
3. City of Washington recently released a statement saying that their favourite sports franchises are Wizards and Capitals. How important it is for Dragons to make it into that Top 2?
4. Backup goaltender Geoff Bezos has been stellar this season, do you feel that if things go sour, we need to give him few more starts?
5. Ben Laas and Justin Adolfsen have both already appeared in Viking Brandy commercials and the brand says their sales went up 23% after those commercials aired - do you feel that more of our players should go and start working with Dragons main sponsor?
6. Mark Calaway and Ryuji Sakamoto have both been incredibly influencial for our squad this season, do you feel their presence in the LR and do you think that resigning both Calaway and Sakamoto is important for our franchise?

1. I absolutely agree, sure we aren't always chit chatty, but I feel the energy when we do chat and It's amazing to be apart of this team and LR
2. Oh absolutely. I don't see why not? As long as they don't go on a drought in the playoffs we'll be good. Need them to continue their dominace! 
3. I mean It's super important. We know the NHL is a bigger market right now, but VHL is right there with them and hopefully we can get some love In D.C! 
4. Just depends, It's always great to have 2 great gk's! Definitely study matchups and look at who performs the best, I believe in Bubbles, but nothing wrong of having the idea Geoff could get that call.
5. Absolutely! I don't see why not you get free stuff and It helps get our name out there just as we help get their name out there. we help each other out and we may get more supporters because of it. Plus we get discounts as far purchasing it to sell during games.
6. Oh absolutely. Calaway is a super young star in the making. League Is getting put on notice and Sakamoto has definitely found a home in D.C as he has been able to find points here. So what else is there to say?

LETS GO D.C!!!