DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

On 9/17/2023 at 12:44 PM, FrostBeard said:

:dcd: D.C. DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:
D.C. Dragons are on the way to playoffs!

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, Answer 6 for 2

1. In a recent interview, GM Frostbeard openly said that "Dragons have a wonderful LR chemistry that is tough to beat" - do you agree with that statement?
2. Jason and VLG are both very high up scoring lists and have proven to be our top 2 offensive juggernauts - do you feel that will be enough to do good in playoffs??
3. City of Washington recently released a statement saying that their favourite sports franchises are Wizards and Capitals. How important it is for Dragons to make it into that Top 2?
4. Backup goaltender Geoff Bezos has been stellar this season, do you feel that if things go sour, we need to give him few more starts?
5. Ben Laas and Justin Adolfsen have both already appeared in Viking Brandy commercials and the brand says their sales went up 23% after those commercials aired - do you feel that more of our players should go and start working with Dragons main sponsor?
6. Mark Calaway and Ryuji Sakamoto have both been incredibly influencial for our squad this season, do you feel their presence in the LR and do you think that resigning both Calaway and Sakamoto is important for our franchise?

1. I would agree, I think we have an LR full of great people
2. Probably not, playoffs definitely have less offense and teams will be figuring out how to shut them down. Need our secondary scorers to step up.
3. I don't think it matters, the Dragons are definitely playing for the European market.
4. It's definitely an option, but more of a last resort.
5. Probably not, Lass and Adolfsen are just really sexy, if we put Geoff Bezos in there no way he's selling anything.
6. Calaway is certainly the future of the franchise, so re-signing him was GM Frostbeard's most important duty this season.

Closing in to the end of the season!

1. How would you rate DC Dragons season at this point?
2. When it comes to your own player and the production you are seeing - are you satisfied with everything?

3. GM Frostbeard was recently seen leaving a bar in Bratislava heavily intoxicated and singing Latvian song 'Ai, jel manu vieglu prātu' - some have called this disgraceful, do you think a GM should worry more about their public appearance?
4. Ryuji Sakamoto has been one of the best defencemen this season, do you think having a strong veteran presence like that is important for this team?
5. With our team heading into playoffs after a long rebuilding run, do you think this team is ready for a deep playoff push?
6. Adolfsen and Futch were both interviewed by "Hockey Enthusiast Network" and have been quoted saying that they feel like their role has been diminishing on this team season by season, do you agree with that statement??

1. In a recent interview, GM Frostbeard openly said that "Dragons have a wonderful LR chemistry that is tough to beat" - do you agree with that statement?

I don't know how one beats locker room chemistry, there is no physical form to hit?

2. Jason and VLG are both very high up scoring lists and have proven to be our top 2 offensive juggernauts - do you feel that will be enough to do good in playoffs??

Depends on a lot of circumstances - can it be? Yes. Will it be? Won't know until the games get played.

3. City of Washington recently released a statement saying that their favourite sports franchises are Wizards and Capitals. How important it is for Dragons to make it into that Top 2?

Poor Nationals, they win a World Series and less than 5 years later the Wizards are preferred to them.

4. Backup goaltender Geoff Bezos has been stellar this season, do you feel that if things go sour, we need to give him few more starts?

If things go sour, it's because he's gotten too many games, tbh.

5. Ben Laas and Justin Adolfsen have both already appeared in Viking Brandy commercials and the brand says their sales went up 23% after those commercials aired - do you feel that more of our players should go and start working with Dragons main sponsor?

Yes, work with all the sponsors and we can start a Prime series about the Dragons and make Wrexham FC a thing of the past

6. Mark Calaway and Ryuji Sakamoto have both been incredibly influencial for our squad this season, do you feel their presence in the LR and do you think that resigning both Calaway and Sakamoto is important for our franchise?

I think HR would get involve if I felt their presence, but keeping them on the team is probably a net positive!

On 9/25/2023 at 11:03 AM, FrostBeard said:

2. When it comes to your own player and the production you are seeing - are you satisfied with everything?

3. GM Frostbeard was recently seen leaving a bar in Bratislava heavily intoxicated and singing Latvian song 'Ai, jel manu vieglu prātu' - some have called this disgraceful, do you think a GM should worry more about their public appearance?
4. Ryuji Sakamoto has been one of the best defencemen this season, do you think having a strong veteran presence like that is important for this team?
5. With our team heading into playoffs after a long rebuilding run, do you think this team is ready for a deep playoff push?
6. Adolfsen and Futch were both interviewed by "Hockey Enthusiast Network" and have been quoted saying that they feel like their role has been diminishing on this team season by season, do you agree with that statement??

1. Exceeded my expectations for sure. 10/10
2. Eh, I was hoping to have some more points after being traded to a contender, but everything kind of fell off. It's only the M though so I'm not too mad.
3. Nah, Frost do Frost. Gives humanity to the team
4. For sure, having someone who can lead on the blueline definitely reassures the rookies that if they make a mistake it'll be fine
5. If the regular season says anything, I would expect us to make conference finals at least. It'll be close with Toronto.
6. I mean that's kind of just a thing as they age. They'll be replaced with better younger talent. That's not to say they aren't key pieces of the team though

On 9/25/2023 at 10:03 AM, FrostBeard said:

1 - exceeded expectations

2 - I would say yes, were it not for the word "everything" at the end. Sakamoto going pointless in the final 2 games really sucked, considering his final rankings 

3 - It's not ideal, though I don't know the song

4 - I certainly hope so

5 - Again, I certainly hope so

6 - Such is life in professional sports 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 9:03 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. Well I would say It was a great season, regardless of the playoff result we proved others wrong!
2. I want more shots blocked and would like more assists down the road. probably more plus/minus as well which will come as i get better.
3. Well sure we know were in the public eye, but remember were not robots. we are people as well (ik were just a sim league) 
4. Oh absolutely as he allows me to learn from him and passes on his experiences of bouncing from teams. It gives you the pov of others which is always good to take in for a young rookie like myself. I've been moving around so im hoping to be staying In D.C for a while.
5. Well obviously we felt we were, but sim and Los Angeles stars said otherwise. 
6. Well after the locker room chatter yeah unfortunately It has, but with aging and bringing in others and trying to be competitive, It's just their time to move on.

Our playoff spirit crushed, no matter, moving on!

1. GM Frostbeard was called out for "Not making any moves to improve for the playoffs" - do you think our squad needed an improvement?
2. What do you think our squad will look like next season, stronger, weaker than the one we had in S90?

3. Ben Laas recently stormed out of the interview after a reporter asked "LA is heading to finals, how does that make you feel?" - do you have any insider information on why he took that question so personally?
4. With Ryuji Sakamoto and Geoff Bezos resigning for S91, do you feel like we are making the right decision to stick with the players we had?
5. There is going to be a massive hole in our roster as GM Frostbeard has talked about not resigning both Adolfsen and Futch, do you feel there is enough talent this upcoming FA to fill those roles?
6. Keegan Gamble is going to be joining our squad and potentially fight for the Rookie of the year award, what sort of a suggestion could you give to our young stud?

On 10/13/2023 at 9:11 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. GM Frostbeard was called out for "Not making any moves to improve for the playoffs" - do you think our squad needed an improvement?
2. What do you think our squad will look like next season, stronger, weaker than the one we had in S90?

3. Ben Laas recently stormed out of the interview after a reporter asked "LA is heading to finals, how does that make you feel?" - do you have any insider information on why he took that question so personally?
4. With Ryuji Sakamoto and Geoff Bezos resigning for S91, do you feel like we are making the right decision to stick with the players we had?
5. There is going to be a massive hole in our roster as GM Frostbeard has talked about not resigning both Adolfsen and Futch, do you feel there is enough talent this upcoming FA to fill those roles?
6. Keegan Gamble is going to be joining our squad and potentially fight for the Rookie of the year award, what sort of a suggestion could you give to our young stud?

1. No because our team did good in the regular season just couldn't get it done in the playoffs.

2. I think we'll preform the same I just hope we can make it past the first round this coming season.

3. No I have no insider it, he was quiet mad though I wonder why.

4. I think it was a really good decision to resign them, both of them have been helping the team out a lot.

5. Yes I'm not entirely sure who is a all a FA this off season but I think we can find a player to replace both of them.

6. Excited to have him on the team, I'd say never get discouraged with how the other rookies are doing.

On 10/13/2023 at 9:11 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. I don't personally think so as we still have our main guys.
2. I think it may be a bit weak by losing some depth guys but they aren't part of the future as If they were they would of still been here. 
3. Well Personally from myself Ben had walked out as he was not interested In hearing that team make the finals. It just motivates him more that he needs to show the league the sweep was a fluke by the team. Things happen, but we plan to make things happen this coming season. Simple as that. 
4. Most definitely, After only a 1 year rebuild? Definitely think so as queefson going inactive just means It's time to make the moves as draft hasn't worked out at the top, but I believe getting me and others to help build this team will be crucial, but with free agency we can find guys who complete us.
5. I believe so as Sure we had a good team, but It wasn't great as we obviously got swept. Only way to go and that's up baby! 
6. I mean just keep your composure and trust your guys here. Remember not to Gamble too much lol as Gamble on and off the ice can be dangerous. Though It can pay off. Hell I say go for it! 

1 - We ran into a hot team and our offense dried up. It happens.

2 - Hopefully stronger. That's always the goal.

3 - Because we should have beaten them from the get go.

4 - I certainly hope it's the right decision!

5 - it's a gamble. I hope it pays off.

6 - Keep him away from the more lecherous locker room members.

Draft, start of the off-season and more!!

1. We have acquired The Frenchman, how influential do you think a player like that will have on our roster??
2. Geoff Bezos has officially been named D.C. Dragons starting goaltender after spending last season as our backup - what advice would you give Bezos coming into a starting role for the first time in his career?

3. In this draft we have picked up two players - centremen Theo Allard and right winger Tom Dufour. How do you feel about about those picks ?
4. Recently Mark Calaway got into a heated argument with Jason about "pineapple on pizza". Noone knows how defended the pizza, Do you any insight information on this?
5. GM Frostbeard recently came out with a media piece saying "I believe our roster is stronger, more balanced and ready to not only repeat last season's performance but elevate it!" Your thoughts on this?
6. Eurydyka Sklodowska Dudzinska has replaced Eric Queefson on our roster. Do you think ESD has the necessary drive and skill to take up this tought role already?

4 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

1. We have acquired The Frenchman, how influential do you think a player like that will have on our roster??
2. Geoff Bezos has officially been named D.C. Dragons starting goaltender after spending last season as our backup - what advice would you give Bezos coming into a starting role for the first time in his career?

3. In this draft we have picked up two players - centremen Theo Allard and right winger Tom Dufour. How do you feel about about those picks ?
4. Recently Mark Calaway got into a heated argument with Jason about "pineapple on pizza". Noone knows how defended the pizza, Do you any insight information on this?
5. GM Frostbeard recently came out with a media piece saying "I believe our roster is stronger, more balanced and ready to not only repeat last season's performance but elevate it!" Your thoughts on this?
6. Eurydyka Sklodowska Dudzinska has replaced Eric Queefson on our roster. Do you think ESD has the necessary drive and skill to take up this tought role already?

1. No I don't think so, i think the team just didn't show up when they needed to, but the pieces were all there.

2. Saving some shots would be helpful

3. I think both are great players who will contribute greatly to the franchise

4. No, but if Calaway likes pineapple on pizza then it might be time to look for a new org.

5. I'd agree, I think the team is strong and we've fixed some shortcomings

6. Of course, he's a great player with a great heart.

On 10/21/2023 at 1:41 PM, FrostBeard said:

1.  I think it is difficult to predict just how influential someone can be, but I would assume The Frenchman will have a positive influence on the roster.

2.  Do not let them get the puck into the goal... Another one? Hmm...  Do your best and pay attention to your surroundings.

3.  I love it!  I have most certainly no reason to love it... 

4.  I dare not even think about such horrors!  - Also I got no clue they are keeping it a secret for now..

5.  Frostbeard is a very experienced and excellent GM so I am sure that he have picked as good of a roster has he could, I can only hope to watch D.C. Dragons repeating their performance.

6.  That is a real hefty role to fill, I can only hope that ESD have that capability.

1 - Hopefully a lot, in a positive way

2 - Don't spend all your money on space tourism

3 - Fine? I'm on my way out so it doesn't really affect me.

4 - Pineapple on pizza is a no-no, but in the right situations, it's ok on a flatbread.

5 - It goddamn better be!

6 - With a name like that? Hell yeah. No way you get through life with a name like that and not develop some thick skin

On 10/21/2023 at 6:41 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. I think this a great addition to the Dragons, Frenchman will definitely be a big help.

2. Don't have any good advice right now but remember always blame the defensemen if you let a goal in.

3. I like these picks they are a good addition to our rookies, excited to see the future Dragons play.

4. I told Mark that pineapples don't belong on pizzas, and he went crazy. Guess who's not getting passes from me this season.

5. I 100% agree with this, I think we got the right additions to make this team win the cup or come close to it.

6. Yes with time I think ESD will have taken on that role perfectly.

Season is coming soon... Are you ready?

1. GM Frostbeard, after being pressed by a journalist, has said that "I am yet unsure what role will Frenchman and Jason has on our roster, one will play second line, who? Not sure yet" - Do you feel GM should already know how his lines will look or this is a normal situation for a team not to know who plays where yet?
2. Keegan Gamble and Keita Kourou have been both actively bonding and have both been seen golfing together in the off-season, what are your thoughts on that?

3. Ben Laas recently was called out after he said that "Vincent is not good enough of a captain", some quoted that as "Vincent is not good enough at mixing Captain Crunch with milk" - which one do you feel is the right quote?
4. On our roster, who is the player that has the highest ceiling on what they can achieve in VHL?
5. Local newspaper "D.C. Chronicles" released an article stating that D.C. Dragons should go into another rebuild and GM Frostbeard should retire. Do you agree with that statement?
6. Do you individually feel you have done enough practice this off-season to achieve more next season?

Just now, FrostBeard said:

1. GM Frostbeard, after being pressed by a journalist, has said that "I am yet unsure what role will Frenchman and Jason has on our roster, one will play second line, who? Not sure yet" - Do you feel GM should already know how his lines will look or this is a normal situation for a team not to know who plays where yet?
2. Keegan Gamble and Keita Kourou have been both actively bonding and have both been seen golfing together in the off-season, what are your thoughts on that?

3. Ben Laas recently was called out after he said that "Vincent is not good enough of a captain", some quoted that as "Vincent is not good enough at mixing Captain Crunch with milk" - which one do you feel is the right quote?
4. On our roster, who is the player that has the highest ceiling on what they can achieve in VHL?
5. Local newspaper "D.C. Chronicles" released an article stating that D.C. Dragons should go into another rebuild and GM Frostbeard should retire. Do you agree with that statement?
6. Do you individually feel you have done enough practice this off-season to achieve more next season?

1. No I don't think it's weird. Just need to try things in practice and game to see whats best

2. That's great. Good relations

3. Definitely the 2nd, that guy is somehow incapable

4. I hear that propsect Eno Velvson is a generation talent

5. Local conspiracy newspaper? That is a HOT take.

6. Yes, I put in a lot of work with some other prospects and VHLers

4 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

1. Well Jason had a great season for us and we brough In the Frenchman as he was a talented guy that Frost felt we could get on our squad. I look forward to see what he can contribute as he has said he's been disappointed in his own play. With how ryuji was able to rejuvinate his career. I believe the Frenchman will find success here regardless of the line choice. 
2. Well two young guys getting to know each other out there just building chemistry. Or maybe they were gambling on a game of golf. lol
3. Well I appreciate the drama lol that they didn't get the 2nd part. Vincent is not good enough of a captain. He's great as our captain as he shows his worth and being a top player He fits perfect in the captain role for us. 
4. Well I'll Say VLG and Jason are the now, but future wise Ben has to be up there so far as he's proving to be a pretty good defenseman. 

Mark Calaway Is that man though as he's only a year older than Ben and already looks to be exploding. 
5. No simply no? lol wack media sometimes, trust that we are for real as last year was just letting the league know were here. 
6. I mean I'm sure I could of earned more as my trivia has been bad, but Ben has been on the ice trying to make himself a great player as GM Frostbeard and the coach have given ben some advice on areas to improve, they aren't pushing him or forcing him. Just giving him the best advice they can give. 

On 10/26/2023 at 11:08 PM, FrostBeard said:

1.  I think it would be best to let them play with both rosters to get a better idea who matches with who the best, if the GM are not sure then I am sure there are good enough reason for it.

2.  This is news to me, we better keep an eye on them.

3.  I like the second option best, so I will have to pick that one.

4.  I think VLG have done some great work, so he should have a good chance.

5.  No,  My answer might be a bit biased, but I would like to get to know the GM more before he retire.

6.  I am afraid that I have not performed as best as I could, however I believe to have improved recently.

On 10/26/2023 at 2:08 PM, FrostBeard said:

1. This is definitely normal. It is hard to determine who will be 1L and 2L before the season starts. You may have an idea of who will play where but not a solid answer just yet

2. I love it! Building chemistry with my teammate while playing a sport I love.. golf!! 🏌️♂️ 

3. Definitely option 2. VLG is a great captain 🫡 

4. VLG. He’s a stud and a great player to have and lead D.C. He has such a high ceiling and has already accomplished so much

5. No. I think our team has some real potential this season and we have a great GM, no way are we getting rid of him! 

6. I think so. As a rookie in the league this year it’s going to be a challenge but I’m hoping my player will really prove himself this year

Edited by Keegan Gamble

Roster is set, are we ready?

1. AGM Willems was recently interviewed and he said that "Keegan Gamble is the real big deal, the true future of the league" - your thoughts on that?
2. Calaway and Laas have been slowly becoming very good friends, some journalists have called it "the great defensive bromance" -  as a teammate of theirs, do you agree with that title given?

3. Both Jason and Sakamoto have won awards this season - how much will that influence their morale going into the next season?
4. If you would have to predict our position in standings at the end of S91 - where would you put your own D.C. Dragons?
5. What would be your ideal pre-game ritual?
6. D.C. Dragons ownership has started a new merchandice campaign called "Arena of Dragon" - a GoT and HoD themed hockey equipment - are you interested in acquiring some of that?

22 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

Roster is set, are we ready?

1. AGM Willems was recently interviewed and he said that "Keegan Gamble is the real big deal, the true future of the league" - your thoughts on that?
2. Calaway and Laas have been slowly becoming very good friends, some journalists have called it "the great defensive bromance" -  as a teammate of theirs, do you agree with that title given?

3. Both Jason and Sakamoto have won awards this season - how much will that influence their morale going into the next season?
4. If you would have to predict our position in standings at the end of S91 - where would you put your own D.C. Dragons?
6. D.C. Dragons ownership has started a new merchandice campaign called "Arena of Dragon" - a GoT and HoD themed hockey equipment - are you interested in acquiring some of that?

1. Well were forever gonna joke with his last name, but were taking a gamble on him. I believe he definitely has talent, but during the draft i saw the other talented guys, but obviously myself I'm a more support defenseman. Gamble will be the future of the dragons though. 
2. Well with us both being young and the defenseman of now, I figured I'd get to know the guy as he Is a bit more talented then me as he's only a year older. So I've been asking for pointers where I could as we both may be young, but It's always good to ask questions. 
3. Oh It definitely has to motivate them and they are well deserved, but the real award is that cup and were coming. 
4. I Think we operate as a team wherre other squads rely on just a few talented players. I believe we work hard as a team so I would expect to be maybe 3rd overall? and 2 in our respective conference. Though you know were shooting for 1st! 
5. Well I for sure make sure to eat a sandwich before the game and pray before I hit the Ice. 
6. It would be cool look wise, I personally never watched Game of Thrones and not sure what HOD is lol. So I'll be grateful If I receive any though.

1- I trust Ivo's opinion

2 - whatever works for y'all and the team

3 - did Sakamoto win one? I thought he lost everything he was nominated for

4 - top of the pops, man

5 - big bowl of ramen with a softboiled egg, some light exercise, and some funky acid jazz

6 - I only watched the first EP of GoT. It wasn't for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, FrostBeard said:

1. He's an amazing player, I can definitely see it

2. Sounds like a pretty cool title, no complaints

3. I think it'll help them, knowing that people are watching and recognizing their talent

4. I'd say top 5 easily, maybe top 3 if we play well

5. I'm not much of a ritual person

6. Sounds pretty cool, I'd definitely be interested