DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

:hfx:✨HALIFAX 21st PRESS CONFERENCE ✨:hfx:

1. How's your eyesight?

2. What's the best thing that's happened to you in the past week OR what is something you're looking forward to?

3. What's your best theme week topic idea? What would you do for it?

4. Do you think that there are more wheels or doors in the world?

5. If you were to start a [media] club, what medium would you choose? (e.g., tv shows, movies, books) & why?

6. What's your prediction on the DC Halifax record for this season (W - L - OTL)? What teams do you think have the highest chance of throwing a wrench in to that prediction?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Mitz @Jayrad28 @Fergie @Bryce @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Oatex @Otaznik @Sam_19 @Yahtzee @Ian Kingston @william77 @CrlineDijohn14 @LiningPolecat @samthemancub @NSG @Trunkxolotl|

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

1. How's your eyesight?

2. What's the best thing that's happened to you in the past week OR what is something you're looking forward to?

5. If you were to start a [media] club, what medium would you choose? (e.g., tv shows, movies, books) & why?

6. What's your prediction on the DC Halifax record for this season (W - L - OTL)? What teams do you think have the highest chance of throwing a wrench in to that prediction?

|@barryst @jpdavidson8787 @Juhnux @Mitz @Jayrad28 @Fergie @Bryce @jsdeac @Jack Johnson @Azjha_59 @Oatex @Otaznik @Sam_19 @Yahtzee @Ian Kingston @william77 @CrlineDijohn14 @LiningPolecat @samthemancub @NSG @Trunkxolotl|

1. Legally Blind without corrective lenses

2. in the Happiest Place on Earth this week “DisneyWorld”

3. Disney Week character dress up daily. 
4. Wheels

5. Radio since would not have to be seen.  
6. Sad not even sure how many games are in a season in VHL but will say 60%, 35%, 5%

4 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

1. How's your eyesight?

1. Pretty bad, -5.0 in both eyes.

2. I'm goin on a vacation back to see some old friends next weekend, should be a swell time.

3. I have no idea.

4. Doors, most things with wheels have doors also.

5. Probably TV shows. I've been watching a lot of Anime shows lately.

6. With ten games left I see us winning 7 or 8 of them. I'm gonna guess we finish 50-18-4.

13 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

1. How's your eyesight?

1. My left is a little nearsighted and my right’s a shade farsighted so I don’t need glasses. I think it’s like 20/15 and 20/30 or something like that.

2. Honestly just looking forward to school ending on Thursday. Finals aren’t my vibe tho.

3. DRAFT BUSTS! And I’d write about all the players picked ahead of Tucker in the S76 VHL Draft (VHLM would be too hard cuz I was 73OA) and see how bad they did compared to me :) 

4. Tough choice, but I say doors. Unless you’re counting wagon wheel pasta as wheels as well.

5. Honestly, baseball cards. I have a lot of them and I’d like to just like talk about it every once in a while.

6. I think we win out and go 50-17-3 thanks to some Tucker Jr heroics off the bench. Beating Miami’s gonna be a toughie, however.

15 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

1. How's your eyesight?

1) I wear contacts, I don’t know my prescription though.

2) I got lacrosse gear. Next year I will start playing JV lacrosse (in 10th grade.)

3) I completely forgot what a theme week was to be honest. I’ll take a stab at it though. A Hawaiian theme week would be cool.

4) Probably wheels, I have no idea.

5) I would choose sports, I just find them interesting and they are fun.

6) I think we will have a good ratio, and I know SDM will mess us up.

19 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

1. How's your eyesight?

1) Really bad, -6.50 and -4.00 with astigmatisms

2) I'm leaving for Denmark, Sweden, and Finland in a few weeks!

3) I'm not really sure what theme week is

4) At first I assumed doors cause every car has four wheels and four doors, and doors are found in so many other areas, but wheels aren't as much, but then I thought about conveyor belts and how many massive factories there are and how many wheels make up these belts, so I really have no idea

5) I'd probably make a baseball podcast if I had to choose, but I would never actually

6) We will never lose again

On 5/20/2022 at 9:04 PM, JardyB10 said:

1. How's your eyesight?

1. Pretty good, besides astigmatism in my one eye.

2. I slept. Coincidentally, I am looking forward to sleeping more.

3. Your player as food/recipe.... and a tater tot recipe... obviously.

4. Doors if you're going by that has ever existed, and its not even particularly close.

5. Comic books, and because I am a nerd.

6. I just got here, so at least 6. Or maybe 3. But no more than 100. Uh. 49-19-4. And Ottawa for the damn wrench thrower.

:dcd:✨ D.C. DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE ✨:dcd:

1. if you could give a gift to anyone in the world, who would you give it to and what would you give?

2. When you were much younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Why?

3. What's something you're looking forward to this week?

4. If you had the chance to become famous, would you take it? If yes, what would you want to be famous for? If not, why?

5. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?

6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? Why?

1. if you could give a gift to anyone in the world, who would you give it to and what would you give?

I would give the gift of wisdom to Vladimir Putin and all the other warmongering governments so that they might see the harm in their selfish and destructive actions. ☮️+❤️

I don't really remember to be honest, I don't think I thought about it too much. I do remember watching The Fifth Element and seeing Bruce Willis driving a flying taxi, which I thought was pretty dope. Then for a school assignment we were asked what we wanted to be in the future, and my understanding of the word "future" was a sci-fi future, so I answered taxi driver. My brothers laughed at me relentlessly.

I haven't had any time to myself for the last two weeks or so and I've been quite socially and physically burnt out. Tonight I'm taking a me day and just maxing and relaxing all cool, and it's been top notch. I also unexpectedly am dogsitting a dope husky which is great.

4. If you had the chance to become famous, would you take it? If yes, what would you want to be famous for? If not, why?

Honestly, yeah I probably would, but only if I was mostly well-loved. It would be dope to be a successful comedian, though I would also accept being famous for solving some severe world problem.

5. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?

Teleportation would be my cop-out answer, it would just be such an amazing ability/superpower. A more realistic answer would be to have photographic memory.

6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? Why?

Definitely body, you get way more bang for your buck that way, since my mind will continue improving for a good deal of that span anyway. Though I could see myself getting early onset dementia, which would profoundly suck ass. For my loved ones, I guess I wouldn't really know the difference.

Whoever the richest asshole in the world is currently and give them an ounce of empathy.

Professional hockey player, obviously. I learned at a very young age just how realistic that was though and changed my goal to actuary. No, really.

First genuinely warm weather of the year! Time to get sunburnt and heat exhausted!

Not a chance. I love the fact that I can live my life out in peace without worrying about my overall public appearance.

The ability to know the winning lotto numbers for next week so I can retire in my 20s.

Actually a super tough one, but I think I lean towards mind since I do so much with fairly limited physical requirements already and lean a lot on my brain functions (reading, crosswords, sudoku, video games, etc.). I would certainly miss being able to speed walk everywhere when I travel though.

On 5/25/2022 at 3:16 PM, fishy said:

1. I'd gift myself a billion dollars. People say money can't buy happiness but I feel like I'd be pretty happy that I have no need to work at all in my life.

2. I never really knew what I wanted to be until recently, I had a few ideas like potentially a journalist but even that was generally recent.

3. I'm pretty much done of high school. By next week, ill be studying for exams and entering my final few days of high school.

4. I think I would. I'd like to be famous for anything, but something I'm good at.  I'd assume the fame comes with money or at least some way to get money which kind of goes with my answer for #1.

5. I think teleportation has to be it. I'd love to be able to go anywhere but I also feel like there's a good chance I'd get myself in trouble somehow. 

6. This is a tough question but I think it comes down to how your mind would be at 90. I'm hoping that I'd still be able to properly remember things, and if so, Id want the body. But if I was going to be forgetting a ton of things it would be a lot better to keep the mind.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:34 PM, JardyB10 said:

1. How's your eyesight?

1. Mid

2. Summer weather and making more moulah

3. VHL'ers as NHL'ers, comparisons / parallels.

4. Wheels for sure.

5. Music because it's what I consume the most

6. No idea tbh as I do not currently follow the M.

On 5/25/2022 at 2:16 PM, fishy said:

1. This may sound simple, but I would give my kids money to last them the rest of their lives so they can be happy. If it has to be an object, it would be a house that is already paid off and they could sell it together or live there. 
2. I wanted to to be a sports journalist. I always had a passion for sports and writing about them. Mainly football at first then hockey.

3. Having off today for Memorial Day!

4.  Honestly I would take the money, but I would much rather fly under the radar than deal with the paparazzi and not being able to go out in public without being harassed.

5. The ability to be more relaxed and just let things in life come and go. My anxiety always has me up in arms and always trying to keep control of things. Which is impossible because life throws plenty of things your way in which you don’t/can’t control.

6. Mind, being mentally there is such a blessing and I’ve seen so many people lose it as they get elderly. What good is that young body if you’re not there mentally? Don’t want to take that gamble. 

I only needed 1 TPE but enjoyed answering all 6😀

• 5 weeks later...

:dcd:✨ DC DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE ✨:dcd:

sorry for the month-long hiatus homies. we're back!

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, Answer 6 for 2!

1. What's the best gift you've ever given or received? Who did you give it to/who gave it to you, and for what?

2. Tell me about a fictional character that you relate to. What do you like about them? How do you relate to them? Do you want to be more or less like them?

3. Describe a specific color without telling me what color it is.

4. What’s the funniest thing you did as a kid that your family still talks about?

5. If you were to choose a slogan for your life, what would the slogan be? Is that slogan from something else, or is it Original Content™?

6. The season finally started! Any predictions, thoughts, or hopes that you have (other than DC being amazing and having more fun than everyone else)?

7. If you were attending a show and tell, what would you take? What would you say about it?

8. This one is a bit of a different format. I'm going to write a sentence, then you're going to either copy/paste it or quote it with another sentence that starts with "and". Grab the sentences from the person before you so that, by the time the last person does this press conference, we have a small, weird story :)

For example: I start with "There are birds living in my apartment building."

Someone quotes and says, "There are birds living in my apartment building. And I think they're spying on me because i have never seen a bird that I trusted."

Next person quotes and says "There are birds living in my apartment building. And I think they're spying on me because i have never seen a bird that I trusted. And I also saw a crocodile across the street the other day, which really weirded me out."

You get the gist. Try to have enough of a response that the next person has something to work with. The more detail you add, the weird and funnier it can get.

Here's our first sentence:

When I was young, I used to spit on cars while I hid in the tree that I'd climbed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 12:47 AM, fishy said:

1. What's the best gift you've ever given or received? Who did you give it to/who gave it to you, and for what?

2. Tell me about a fictional character that you relate to. What do you like about them? How do you relate to them? Do you want to be more or less like them?

4. What’s the funniest thing you did as a kid that your family still talks about?

5. If you were to choose a slogan for your life, what would the slogan be? Is that slogan from something else, or is it Original Content™?

6. The season finally started! Any predictions, thoughts, or hopes that you have (other than DC being amazing and having more fun than everyone else)?

7. If you were attending a show and tell, what would you take? What would you say about it?

8. This one is a bit of a different format. I'm going to write a sentence, then you're going to either copy/paste it or quote it with another sentence that starts with "and". Grab the sentences from the person before you so that, by the time the last person does this press conference, we have a small, weird story :)

Someone quotes and says, "There are birds living in my apartment building. And I think they're spying on me because i have never seen a bird that I trusted."

Next person quotes and says "There are birds living in my apartment building. And I think they're spying on me because i have never seen a bird that I trusted. And I also saw a crocodile across the street the other day, which really weirded me out."

You get the gist. Try to have enough of a response that the next person has something to work with. The more detail you add, the weird and funnier it can get.

When I was young, I used to spit on cars while I hid in the tree that I'd climbed.

1. The best gift I received was hot wheels car they are now collectors items. It was at Christmas when I was a child.

2. Mmmm. This one is hard I think  

I am not to sure.

3. Chelsea football club wears on there kit and lot of people i like it and the sky can be it aswell. 
4. when I was 2 years old I started flirting with random woman and everyone thought it was funny. 

5. He who dares wins and this time next year we will be millionaires. It is from something else. 
6. we are going to win the lot 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 7:47 PM, fishy said:

1. I remember being lit after getting the PSP, played it for years after. Best given? a 3 pound breadmaker to mother! (always wanted one as a kid)

2. So many choices. First one that comes to mind is.. Charlie Day

3. Laffy taffy, slushi, neon, people eater, space jam, kush

4. Hmm. Maybe when I used to call my brother Dillon "Going", I was very young.. They used to ask me where I was going 

5. "Stay True To You" got it tatted

7. I'd bring my turtle because he's super chill and likes to hang out

8. When I was young, I used to spit on cars while I hid in the tree that I'd climbed. 

Now I'm sitting ontop of a pineapple tree and it's so sublime. Oh look my cat just saw me.

• 5 weeks later...

:dcd:✨ DC DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:✨

If you have playlist theme ideas, quote this sentence and let me know :)

1. Would you rather be told that there are an indefinite number of invisible needles scattered around your home or that there was a tarantula set loose and lost in your home?

2. Who is your favorite movie hero or heroine? Would you trade places with them?

3. You’re going sail around the world, what’s the name of your boat?

4. If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why?

5. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

6. Would you rather swim in a pool full of Nutella or a pool full of maple syrup? Why?

7. If you were an office item, what would you be? Why?

8. This one is a bit of a different format. I'm going to write a sentence, then you're going to either copy/paste it or quote it with another sentence that starts with "and". Grab the sentences from the person before you so that, by the time the last person does this press conference, we have a small, weird story

I've long known that lava lamps were the preferred weapon of my enemy.

11 hours ago, fishy said:

1. Would you rather be told that there are an indefinite number of invisible needles scattered around your home or that there was a tarantula set loose and lost in your home?

2. Who is your favorite movie hero or heroine? Would you trade places with them?

4. If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why?

5. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

6. Would you rather swim in a pool full of Nutella or a pool full of maple syrup? Why?

8. This one is a bit of a different format. I'm going to write a sentence, then you're going to either copy/paste it or quote it with another sentence that starts with "and". Grab the sentences from the person before you so that, by the time the last person does this press conference, we have a small, weird story

1. Either way I'm burning the house down

2. I like Howl from Howl's Moving Castle. And hell yea he's dope af

4. Probably Grave of the Fireflies. That movie was heartbreaking but I loved it

5. Did I boost @Enorama or did he boost me?

6. Probably maple syrup, I'd be all sticky but it'd taste better

8. I've long known that lava lamps were the preferred weapon of my enemyAnd I have just the plan to deal with it.

Would you rather be told that there are an indefinite number of invisible needles scattered around your home or that there was a tarantula set loose and lost in your home?

- Tarantula for sure, can see that bugger.  Not a fan of needles.

2.   Who is your favorite movie hero or heroine? Would you trade places with them?

- I’m going with Rambo, he’s just a bad ass and yeah, sure I will trade places with him,  would a change of pace to run thru a jungle with a huge gun being chased or chasing some folks.

- “The Lit Lamp”

- Empire Strikes Back

- how my family ends up

- I’m going with Nutella, seems like it would wash off easier.  I’m not so sure this is a win for anyone  lol

- video monitor with a camera, granted it would be mostly boring, but ya never know when some cool shit may go down in a cubical. This way you would see it and record it. 

- - - - I've long known that lava lamps were the preferred weapon of my enemy.  And I have just the plan to deal with it.

YET,,,, these weapons are only sold at a store owned by ex girlfriends best boyfriend.

1021192509_DK17.thumb.JPG.cc3c8793de9da361d699a9a894bad4f1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

1.What's the best gift you've ever given or received? Who did you give it to/who gave it to you, and for what?

- my answer is the same for both, received a nice set of golf clubs for a birthday on year from my significant other, the following year, I returned the favor and she returned the clubs and ladies golf shirt I picked out for her.  lol

- I’ll go with Steve Carrel from the Office, I try to manage my peeps the same way he does IRL.  I’m constantly meeting with my Toby Flanderson..  ugh

- The ocean

- when I stole the police car for a joy ride.  I thought it was funny and still talked about. 

- May the Force be with you!  totally original

- we will win it all~!!!!!!!!!!

- for show and tell I would share my twig and tell anyone listening how its not working the best at the moment, need to recalibrate. 1075050500_DK21.thumb.JPG.f65fab859b756a0c2670745ea0c82f92.JPG