DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

32 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

What is it?

drugs

jk I retired from that game.  It's a pop-up oyster bar to cater events/weddings/parties etc.

Edited by v.2

:dcd: DC DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:

answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE

✨ What is something that you thought for a long time that was incorrect but there was no way for you to have known until someone told you otherwise? 

✨ What is the best media that you have consumed this week, and what did you like about it? It could be VHL content, a tiktok, a tweet, a show, a book, whatever!

✨ Inspired from last week - is the sun or moon better? Make a convincing argument

✨ Imagine someone who has been super mean to you has a huge piece of spinach in their teeth. How do you handle that situation?

✨ Of all the team locations in the VHLM/VHLE/VHL, which location would you most want to visit irl? Why?

✨ What do you think is the worst color? If you don't have an opinion, make one up and really put the work into convincing me that it sucks.

✨ Would you rather have a pet squirrel or a pet pigeon? Why?

✨ You are being forced to cut off one of your legs or one of your arms. Which do you choose and why?

Edited by fishy

1. I for the longest time was so naïve to the price of weddings. When my wife asked how much I thought our wedding would be and I said "Like 10-20k?" and she laughed so hard in my face. Oh man, did I find out the hard way lol.

2. Watching the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the New York Rangers in triple overtime last night was very satisfying, and made my Wednesday morning so much better. I do not like the Penguins, but I despise the Rangers.

3. I love both. When I am having a drink outside alone I could stare up at the moon all night. However, I am going to go with the sun. The sun signifies there is still a whole day ahead, a lot to look forward to. The light signifies life, and opportunity as long as it is out and about.

4. I am just straight forward. I would privately pull them aside and just say "Hey you got something in your teeth, I'd want to know so I figured you would too."

5. I would have to choose Vasteras, just so I could see it with my own eyes and get some peace of mind that I made the right decision in re-locating them to the far superior Madrid.

6. I know brown is all of the colors mixed together, but I just think it is so ugly. It is such a blah color with many disgusting things that have it as it's primary color.

7. A pet pigeon. Then I can get rid of my phone and train it to deliver message to my friends through the skies.

8. I would cut off my left leg. Leg prosthetics have come a long way. Look how many people can even run on them now. Whereas, you can never have your hand functionality replaced by a fake. Well at least not yet.

Edited by Arce

21 minutes ago, fishy said:

✨ What is something that you thought for a long time that was incorrect but there was no way for you to have known until someone told you otherwise?  silverware setting on a table

✨ What is the best media that you have consumed this week, and what did you like about it? It could be VHL content, a tiktok, a tweet, a show, a book, whatever! really high watching john oliver

✨ Inspired from last week - is the sun or moon better? Make a convincing argument one of them controls the tide - fight me

✨ Imagine someone who has been super mean to you has a huge piece of spinach in their teeth. How do you handle that situation? if they were super mean i would have told them to fuck off awhile ago

✨ Of all the team locations in the VHLM/VHLE/VHL, which location would you most want to visit irl? Why? Chicago

✨ What do you think is the worst color? If you don't have an opinion, make one up and really put the work into convincing me that it sucks. brown 

✨ Would you rather have a pet squirrel or a pet pigeon? Why? squirrel, they don't have uncontrollable bowel syndrome

✨ You are being forced to cut off one of your legs or one of your arms. Which do you choose and why? right leg, i could no longer drive and wfh

14 hours ago, v.2 said:

It's a pop-up oyster bar to cater events/weddings/parties etc.

Give me a shout if you ever need help with payment processing ;)

23 minutes ago, fishy said:

✨ What is something that you thought for a long time that was incorrect but there was no way for you to have known until someone told you otherwise? 

✨ What is the best media that you have consumed this week, and what did you like about it? It could be VHL content, a tiktok, a tweet, a show, a book, whatever!

✨ Inspired from last week - is the sun or moon better? Make a convincing argument

✨ Imagine someone who has been super mean to you has a huge piece of spinach in their teeth. How do you handle that situation?

✨ Of all the team locations in the VHLM/VHLE/VHL, which location would you most want to visit irl? Why?

✨ What do you think is the worst color? If you don't have an opinion, make one up and really put the work into convincing me that it sucks.

✨ You are being forced to cut off one of your legs or one of your arms. Which do you choose and why?

1. That stat changes in Pokemon were permanent until you heal, the same way status conditions are. I spent a lot of time as a kid just running back to the nearest PC because I ate a single intimidate. 

2. Moon Knight season finale tonight so I'm hoping it'll be that. 

3. Sun. The Moon is nothing without the Sun. 

4. Shut my trap. Although honestly I don't spend a lot of time talking to people I dislike. 

5. Rome. I've been twice but I would happily go again. 

6. Mustard yellow and swamp green. Both just remind me of particularly unhealthy vomit. 

7. Squirrel 100%. Pigeons are the rats of the sky, and I think I still prefer rats. 

8. Leg for sure, I feel like using a prosthetic for just movement is a lot easier sounding than using it for tasks that usually require more dexterity with your hands. Plus I type all day, and that sounds like hell with one hand. 

Not exactly the question, but all my life up until I was 20ish people always referred to the 1.75 litre alcohol containers as "66s." This seemed normal because a 26 oz bottle would be called a "2-6," and a 40 oz bottle would be called a "40." But then I did the math and realized there's only 60 ounces in a 1.75 litre bottle, so why the fuck was anyone calling them a "66?" I guess because there was a "2-6" already so why not? Stupid.

My partner and I watched the movie "Parasite" this weekend. It was quite funny, and it had a good amount of heart to it as well at points. It goes a little off the rails at the end though, but I guess a movie about the eternally downtrodden would end on a low note wouldn't it?

I know I bitched about the sun last week, but the sun is the only correct answer. First of all: WARMTH. Literally my favourite thing of all time. Second of all, the moon is just a big dumb rock in the sky that you wouldn't even be able to see without the sun. I don't much about tides and shit mind you, but you wouldn't even be able to APPRECIATE the moon without the sun. The sun's gotta be better.

I get up on the nearest platform, and start waving my arms and shouting to get the attention of the throngs of people nearby. "HEY EVERYONE!" I'll say. "THIS STUPID FUCKING IDIOT HAS SPINACH STUCK IN THEIR TEETH! THE FUCKING MONGOLOID HAS NO VANITY AND DOESN'T EVEN FLOSS OBVIOUSLY! WHAT A COMPLETE LOSER, AHAHAHA! LET'S ALL CALL HIM SIR FLOSS-A-NOTS, HAHAHA!" And they will be socially ostracized and ridiculed for the rest of their days.

I don't feel like thinking or reviewing all the cities right now, so off hand I'll say Davos so I can get some dope ass skiing in.

Any grey-greenish vomit type colour, because it is the colour of vomit which is inherently poor.

Both horrible options I think. Maybe the squirrel because it's a lot cuter and I could probably get a large enough terrarium where it would be happy but wouldn't destroy my home with its little rodent teeth.

I've thought about this before, and I think I landed on the non dominant leg. It seems easier to cope with a peg leg than the inability to use both your arms.

7 hours ago, Arce said:

I do not like the Penguins, but I despise the Rangers.

No wonder Bentz doesn't want to hang out with you anymore.

7 hours ago, Enorama said:

1. That stat changes in Pokemon were permanent until you heal, the same way status conditions are. I spent a lot of time as a kid just running back to the nearest PC because I ate a single intimidate. 

I think the fact you were concerned with stat changes at all as a child is a more embarrassing fact than this. 😜

On 5/4/2022 at 1:02 PM, Arce said:

However, I am going to go with the sun.

incorrect

On 5/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, frescoelmo said:

✨ Of all the team locations in the VHLM/VHLE/VHL, which location would you most want to visit irl? Why? Chicago

WHAT A CHEAP ANSWER

On 5/4/2022 at 1:15 PM, Enorama said:

3. Sun. The Moon is nothing without the Sun. 

WRONG

20 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

the sun is the only correct answer

NO

On 5/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, frescoelmo said:

one of them controls the tide - fight me

THANK YOU

Edited by fishy

On 5/4/2022 at 11:43 AM, fishy said:

2. I liked heartstopper on Netflix, not anything amazing but I thought it was nice and was super easy to watch

3. It has to be the sun, all the nuclear reactions and like solarflares and general badassness. The moon is just like a rock that's there...

5. I guess the reasonable place to go to would be Halifax, unreasonable I feel like Geneva would be really nice. Halifax because I'm going there for uni and seems like a nice little town on the coast. Geneva is Switzerland and seems like a really nice place 

6. Magenta, its just... ew.

7. A pet pigeon, it could deliver messages for me

8. Idk who's forcing me to cut off a limb but it's definitely my leg. I feel like prosthetics for legs are much better than arms.

The name is kind of stupid so I love it. Sounds like it could be a ninja weapon.

EDIT: Also @fishy it was a miraculous 25 degree day here today, and it was warm and beautiful and everyone was happy. Your moon loving witchcraft will not hold up in this court!

Edited by JardyB10

On 5/4/2022 at 3:13 PM, fishy said:

1. Probably Seattle, I went to BC for the first time a few months ago (first time ever on the West Coast) and really enjoyed it, the climate, mountains, etc.  So I feel like Seattle would be the American version of that experience lol.

2. Beige is pretty bad especially when it comes to food.  Also, orange and brown can be an ugly combo.  But the worst colour ever is like a dark mustardy yellow/brown.  Picture every vile bodily fluid combined + mustard.  It's probably that.

3. Both sound annoying af, but if the squirrel can be litter trained somehow then I'll take it.

1. Do you think there are more legs or eyes on Earth? I will be challenging every answer given that does not have a justification.

2. Tell me about something good that has happened to you this week or something that you are looking forward to.

3. We're over halfway through the season at this point, how are you feeling about your player's performance? DC's performance?

4. What is your least favorite weather situation? Not just temperature, the whole weather vibe

5. Do you think humanity would survive if 1/3 of us were shrunk so that max height was 1 inch, 1/3 of us existed in 4' - 6' range, and 1/3 of us were a minimum of 12'?

6. You have to choose whether you want to survive for 48 hours in the Sahara Desert or Antarctica. You have 24 hours to prepare. Which location are you choosing, and what are you taking?

1. At first I was going to say eyes thinking of just humans, and thinking there are probably more leg amputees than people who lost their eye or born without one of the them. But when I was thinking of animals, I will now say legs. Scientists now estimate that 80 percent of Earth's species live on land according to The Atlantic. Many of those animals have 4 legs compared to their two eyes. I think they will make the difference over creatures like fish who have eyes but no legs.

2. My daughter started smiling about a month ago, but now she full out giggles and screams (not crying). It is hilarious and brightens my day. When I start tickling her or playing with her by rolling her back and fourth, she is full of giggles.

3. I am incredibly disappointed by Lavelle's performance. Granted it is my rookie year, and I am staying patient with my player's build since I still feel like it will be successful but I am not happy with my player individually. He was linemates with two elite players, and just couldn't make it work. DC is about what I expected, a middle of the road team who would be competing for a playoff spot. Close games against good teams, but some bad losses against teams we should have beaten hurt.

4. Overcast, windy and cold. I don't mind a rainy day. It is a nice way to decompress and the sound of the rain is nice and I love the snow. However, just overcast sucks. It is just cold and miserable out for no reason and it is not enjoyable to look out at, nor be out in.

5. I think we would survive, but we certainly would be open season unless we are able to put security systems/secure down some doll houses. There would not be nearly as many of us. Raising a baby would be incredibly hard being at the bottom of the food chain. Human babies take time to mature, whereas animals and insects mature much faster and adapt.

6. Give me the Sahara. You do not have to worry about bundling up or freezing to death. If I bring a 48 hour supply of water, and bring a tent, or at least a tarp for shelter from the sun I think I will be okay. At night, the temperature drops so I will be sure to bring a warm sleep sack. Make sure the tent is proofed so no harmful desert creatures can wander in.

:dcd:✨ D.C. DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE ✨:dcd:

1. How's your eyesight?

2. What's the best thing that's happened to you in the past week OR what is something you're looking forward to?

3. What's your best theme week topic idea? What would you do for it?

4. Do you think that there are more wheels or doors in the world?

5. If you were to start a [media] club, what medium would you choose? (e.g., tv shows, movies, books) & why?

6. What's your prediction on the DC record for this season (W - L - OTL)? What teams do you think have the highest chance of throwing a wrench in to that prediction?

1 minute ago, fishy said:

1. How's your eyesight?

2. What's the best thing that's happened to you in the past week OR what is something you're looking forward to?

5. If you were to start a [media] club, what medium would you choose? (e.g., tv shows, movies, books) & why?

6. What's your prediction on the DC record for this season (W - L - OTL)? What teams do you think have the highest chance of throwing a wrench in to that prediction?

1. It's good enough to not need glasses but also bad enough to probably need glasses.

2. I got/get to play league of legends with my best friend @Enorama

3. Theme week is overrated - coming from someone who hasn't done a PT in 4 seasons

4. It's wheels and it's not even close. Cars on average have more wheels than doors. Housing is cancelled out by office chairs. Lego produces hella wheels. Doors has no arguments.

5. Well I tried to start an anime club but @Kylrad ruined it.  Shoutout to @O4L for being the club's most dedicated member though

6. 30-30-12. Absolutely mid. I haven't paid attention but Vancouver will definitely ruin it.

39 minutes ago, fishy said:

1. How's your eyesight?

1. Near sighted af, I jump between glasses and contacts but have been wearing glasses a lot more recently.

2. Just looking forward to summer in general, and doing more oyster pop-up gigs / DJ gigs and just monetizing things I consider fun while the weather is nice lol. 

3. Comparing your VHL player to an NHL'er, or the old head in me would like to see a "throwback" theme and lots of GFX with old teams/logos.

4. Wheels fasho.  Way too many vehicles.

5. Music for sure.  I DJ and searching for new music and exploring genre's is one of my biggest hobbies.

6. MIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDD.  But next season we will bounce back I can feel it.  Chicago really surprised this season, kinda fast tracking their rebuild with some strong rookie performances.

13 hours ago, fishy said:

1. How's your eyesight?

1. I just got absolutely roasted in Gen Chat the other day for this, do I really need to answer?😂

2. I am very much looking forward to the summer. We have weddings, a few trips planned and thinking about it while at work is very exciting.

3. I am a big fan of MTV's The Challenge, the old themes were so much fun. It would be fun to have an "The Best of Each Era Tournament" and you can specify who would be the best. For example S1-S10, S11-S20 and they are all in a round robin style tournament. Who would be the best, and why?

4. I think there are more doors. So many buildings. Vehicles have wheels, yes. But they also have doors! So that can offset that count.

5. I would honestly love to start a club regarding travel. Destinations desired for various reasons. Culture, history, scenes etc. There are so many places on my bucket list that I haven't gotten to touch yet, and being in touch with others would expand my horizons to places I never would even think to go.

6. The New York Americans have been a thorn in our side that we haven't been able to take care of. If we miss the playoffs, those NYA games will come back to haunt us. I think we will be around 28-32-9. Next season should for sure be better.