DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

On 9/3/2022 at 8:28 PM, fishy said:

:dcd:✨ DC DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:✨

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, Answer 6 for 2!

If you have playlist theme ideas, quote this sentence and let me know :)

1. Would you rather be told that there are an indefinite number of invisible needles scattered around your home or that there was a tarantula set loose and lost in your home?

2. Who is your favorite movie hero or heroine? Would you trade places with them?

3. You’re going sail around the world, what’s the name of your boat?

4. If you could see one movie again for the first time, what would it be and why?

5. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

6. Would you rather swim in a pool full of Nutella or a pool full of maple syrup? Why?

7. If you were an office item, what would you be? Why?

8. This one is a bit of a different format. I'm going to write a sentence, then you're going to either copy/paste it or quote it with another sentence that starts with "and". Grab the sentences from the person before you so that, by the time the last person does this press conference, we have a small, weird story

For example: I start with "There are birds living in my apartment building."

Someone quotes and says, "There are birds living in my apartment building. And I think they're spying on me because i have never seen a bird that I trusted."

Next person quotes and says "There are birds living in my apartment building. And I think they're spying on me because i have never seen a bird that I trusted. And I also saw a crocodile across the street the other day, which really weirded me out."

You get the gist. Try to have enough of a response that the next person has something to work with. The more detail you add, the weird and funnier it can get.

Here's our first sentence:

I've long known that lava lamps were the preferred weapon of my enemy.

1. I'd go with an indefinite amount of invisible needles than the tarantula, I can wear shoes for the needle but god knows where that spider is at.

2. Probably Iron man, and ya I think I would switch places with them XD

3. Something cheesy like Sea Dragon lol

4. oh good question, probably Terminator 2 because that twist is so good!

5. I'd like to know if I make any new friends that I form a really deep bond with, they can be life changing!

6. Maple Syrup, because I'm Canadian!

• 3 months later...

:dcd: D.C. DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, Answer 6 for 2

1. What are your expectations for this season, and what do you think the team needs to do to be successful in S87?

2. Is there a specific moment or game in your VHL career that stands out to you?

3. What would you describe as your specific role and responsibilities on the D.C. Dragons roster?

4. After just a few sims, which team is the early favourite for the S87 Continental Cup?

5. I'm looking for suggestions. Is there a book or movie that you've recently enjoyed?

6. What are some of your hobbies or interests outside of hockey?

• 1 month later...

No questions in 2 months? Uh...

1 - What do you think of The Trade that sees Sakamoto joining DC?
2 - Were there any teary goodbyes?

3 - How did you welcome Sakamoto to the team, or have you not met him because it's the offseason?

4 - What are your expectations for the Dragons this season?

5 - How about for your own player?

6 - Does your player have any pets? Who takes care of them when you're on the road?

:dcd: D.C. DRAGONS PRESS CONFERENCE :dcd:
Offseason is in full swing!

1. GM Frostbeard has released statement in D.C. Sports News outlet that he believes DC is in a weird spot between competitiveness and rebuild. How do you feel about that statement?
2. How do you feel about this off-season, enjoying some time off ice?
3. Talking about time off ice - recently D.C. Dragons have been in talks with the teams GM's closest sponsor "Viking Brandy" - do you plan to check out what that drink is or you will leave to taking shots between periods?
4. Are there any "holes" in our roster that you feel like we need to fill right now?
5. If you would have to name one team that is a true D.C. Dragons rivals - which one would that be?
6. For your own player - what would be the one area you would want to improve going into the S88?

1 - as someone new to the team, I'm willing to find out 

2 - well, Sakamoto narrowly escaped being full pulled down into Seattle's criminal underbelly, so not bad 

3 - Non-drinker, so whatevs 

4 - there's a Continental Cup-shaped hole for sure

5 - not a clue lol 

6 - more points, hits, and blocked shots. Maybe fewer PiMs.

1. Not sure.  I am crashing your PC though.  I hope y'all are great this season but lose every game to Warsaw. 

2. I hate the off season (especially after losing first round).  Takes so long

3.  YES.  Send me some 

4.  Look great on D and in Goal.  SO maybe some offensive depth at forward

5. Seattle I would think.  

6.  Well I got my first taste of depreciation and it stung.  So would love to get my DC and PC back up to where it was. 

1. I think that is correct seeming we have some veterans and some new rookies that are joining the team

2. I want the season to start already. Lets get it going!

3. Shots shots shots shots shots Shots, everybody!!!!

4. someone to score all of our goals would be helpful.

5. I'm gonna say Moscow

6. hopefully not miss as many shots as I did last season lol.

The new season is coming up soon!

1. GM Frostbeard has made few trades - how do you feel about the value we have managed to get back in those trades?
2. Our fanclub has released a statement that they are expecting a tough but emotion filled season - do you think that will be a fair assesment of this upcoming S88?
3. We have recently, in FA signed David Cobberson, William Futch and Matt Avens - how do you feel these aditions will help DC in this upcoming season?
4. Considering that D.C. is going into this upcoming season with a rebuilt mindset, do you think that building through the draft or trading picks for guaranteed prospects is the way to go?
5. There has been a leek in the press that Adison Bond and Jason Coiner had a very loud argument during the Off-season team meeting - do you know what that argument was about?
6. What are your goals this upcoming season?

• 4 weeks later...

TDL is coming up!

1. GM Frostbeard has been open about the fact that even though he is happy with getting wins, he also understands the need to finish last and push ourselves in the position for the best chances at 1OA pick, what are your thoughts on that?
2. How are you feeling about your player and performance this season?
3. Thinking of the future for our team, we have managed to gain a lot of picks, do you feel that building through the draft is the answer to building a dynasty?
4. Dvorak and Adolfsen have both seen going golfing on the off-days when DC is not playing, do you feel that having a distraction like that helps players or hurts their plays?
5. After a training session our coach said to media that "This is the team that can win against anyone, we just lack enough experience to take game seriously all 60 minutes." Your thoughts on that statement?
6. With  a season as tough as this, how do you feel our team can motivate ourselves to keep pushing and not give up til the end?

• 4 weeks later...

VHL Finals are soon and so is Off-season!

1. How do you plan to spend your off-season, going to focus on your skills or just enjoy some time off?
2. When it comes to DC Dragons Draft - we have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, how important for our rebuild this draft is going to be?
3. GM John Frostbeard recently said that he feels that last season and trades put DC Dragons in a really good spot for the future. Do you believe that or do you think some things could have been done better?
4. Our star goaltender Bubbles Utonium has decided to resign with DC Dragons, how important it is for our team to have a strong player in the net with so many new players coming into the team?
5. Mark Calaway, our last season's 1st Overall pick had a great season in VHLE, how much do you think that experience is going to help him on his journey to be one of the future VHL greats?
6. It was leaked by a member of DC Dragons Coaching staff that there has been some problems in the LR between Magomedov and Coiner that even resulted in a full blown fight - is there any truth to that and is it something DC Dragons fans should be worried about?

8 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

VHL Finals are soon and so is Off-season!

1. How do you plan to spend your off-season, going to focus on your skills or just enjoy some time off?
2. When it comes to DC Dragons Draft - we have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, how important for our rebuild this draft is going to be?
3. GM John Frostbeard recently said that he feels that last season and trades put DC Dragons in a really good spot for the future. Do you believe that or do you think some things could have been done better?
4. Our star goaltender Bubbles Utonium has decided to resign with DC Dragons, how important it is for our team to have a strong player in the net with so many new players coming into the team?
5. Mark Calaway, our last season's 1st Overall pick had a great season in VHLE, how much do you think that experience is going to help him on his journey to be one of the future VHL greats?
6. It was leaked by a member of DC Dragons Coaching staff that there has been some problems in the LR between Magomedov and Coiner that even resulted in a full blown fight - is there any truth to that and is it something DC Dragons fans should be worried about?

1. The Pope is just going to get better as time goes on. This off-season is going to be a huge growing season.

2. A lot of solid picks in what was expected to be a weaker than average draft. I think that if DC Drafts well we should expect to see them atop the league very soon.

3. I don't really pay much attention to trades in the bigs, but looking at the picks and the future available to DC it is hard to say they won't be a contender soon.

4. I think Bubbles will be important in the short-term, but I do think there is something to be said that a replacement needs to be found quickly. Only 3 seasons of Bubbles left and when they retire I expect D.C. to be in the middle of their cup window.

5. Well the VHLE isn't really applicable to the bigs, but it is exciting to see a prospect eat it up in the M or the E.

6. I hope so! I'm always in for some fisticuffs. Especially as a possible prospect for the team I would love to be part of a team already fighting each other!

Relaxing with DC Dragons!

1. Off-season is here and GM John Frostbeard hinted that one player will have to choose a place for the team to go to for a week's retreat - what would be your choice for a vacation for everyone on the roster?
2. D.C. Dragons main sponsor Viking Brandy has released a song with a title "Roar like a Dragon, sleep like an egg". Title has created a lot of buzz around it with many journalists saying it is an "awful and disgraceful title for a song" - what are your thoughts about it?
3. With team calling up two players from VHLE, Keita Kourou and Reinhard von Kongming, how well do you think they will fit in Dragons roster?
4. There has been a rumour that there is a potential for a trade to make this roster a tiny bit younger, your thoughts on that matter?
5. If you would have to look at our roster and give one player's name as our juggernaut that in vital for the team's success - which one would that be and why?
6. With S89 coming up soon, what are your expections for DC Dragons and your own player?

• 2 weeks later...

Season 89 is going to begin any day now!

1. How do you rate S89 Entry draft for D.C. Dragons? 
2. GM Frostbeard was called out for being "too supportive of his bottom feeder team" after he said that D.C. Dragons has what it takes to get to playoffs really soon. Your thoughts on that matter?
3. After being basically silent throughout FA time, do you think our team should look at few players still available for pickup?
4. It was rumoured that after S89 draft Calaway and Queefson had a long conversation at a bar that ended with a drunked brawl, is that true or is it a fabricated story?
5. Looking at our current roster, how well do you think you can fit into our lineup and do you feel that your player will be able to shine?
6. After long dicussions Viking Brandy has remained as the main sponsor for D.C. Dragons, some have called GM Frostbeard a "sellout" for always working with this alcohol brand, do you think it is a big deal that a manager of a team wants to keep working with a brand he has worked with for many seasons?

8 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

2. GM Frostbeard was called out for being "too supportive of his bottom feeder team" after he said that D.C. Dragons has what it takes to get to playoffs really soon. Your thoughts on that matter?
3. After being basically silent throughout FA time, do you think our team should look at few players still available for pickup?
4. It was rumoured that after S89 draft Calaway and Queefson had a long conversation at a bar that ended with a drunked brawl, is that true or is it a fabricated story?
5. Looking at our current roster, how well do you think you can fit into our lineup and do you feel that your player will be able to shine?
6. After long dicussions Viking Brandy has remained as the main sponsor for D.C. Dragons, some have called GM Frostbeard a "sellout" for always working with this alcohol brand, do you think it is a big deal that a manager of a team wants to keep working with a brand he has worked with for many seasons?

1. I think it went quite well. We got a lot of promising D for the future (myself included) and we'll be beasts in a couple of seasons

2. You can never be too supportive. Even if we are a bottom feeder this year, we'll still have fun!

3. Probably not? We aren't competing this year so it might just be a waste of a roster spot that younger guys could use

4. Definitely true. Calaway said I'm a bum

5. It'll be a tough rookie year for me, but I'm going to learn a lot and hopefully slot into a low pairing

6. Nah vikings are cool as shit, and as a hockey player I require tens of gallons of brandy

13 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

Call me cocky cause I feel that way after that draft. If It wasn't a 10/10 It's cause they're other gm's who disagree with the picks

haha people doubt till they see you win. prove them wrong and let them continue to talk as they make trades just to lose in the 1st or 2nd round to seattle smh

I mean It doesn't hurt as filling roster spots doesn't hurt and If the guys understand they are temporary that's not bad at all. Unless there are some who could be future assets for us. 

I would guess It's true, but to protect my draft class teammate I'll say It's fabricated as It's just the media trying to get a rise out of the team. Were strong minded around here. 

I'm gonna make the roster next year. I've just got to grind this year as I wasn't as developed when compared to Queefson. I can accept that though as I know my talent. Ben will be ready with a season in the E don't you worry! So I see either starter or 2nd line material Defenseman. 

not at all, If they are great partners and have done nothing to harm the community other than provide a beverage some do enjoy. that's their problem. If they're a friend of DC they are a friend of me. 

On 6/13/2023 at 6:18 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. It had a nice beat and easy to dance to. I give it an 85.

2. I have no idea who this FrostBeard guy is but I hope he means well.

3. Ya why not. If they are out there, go get some FAs.

4. Most likely false story. They are both too young to drink.

5. I stick out like a zit on prom night. Not good.

6. I will drink to that.

Season 89 is on the way!

1. D.C. Dragons internal documents of conduct were leaked and a lot of questions were raised about the fact that the team has an internal boxing league going on and that the participation is mandatory. As a player, is that the truth and if so, who is weakest boxer on Dragons? 
2. GM Frostbeard had a meeting with GM Leonidas. After the meeting it was said that both GMs seemed to excited about it and a reporter said that he heard both GM's say that the deal works for both of them. Are you aware of this sort of a deal or is it just speculation?
3. D.C. Dragons are starting this season a bit slower, for you individually, do you think the team is ready to compete or another season of rebuild is still needed?
4. Currently, a lot of questions have been raised about the trade that brought the veteran Max Torq to D.C, some analysts even call it a "huge mistake" while GM Frostbeard has said that to him this is a "incredibly amazing deal for Dragons". Your thoughts?
5. With the season underway, which player on our roster in your opinion is heavily underrated?
6. D.C. Dragons are providing a chance to play for Zac Martinez andLorenzo Cobberson as those players have joined us from FA. Do you believe these sort of moves are important and should teams try to fill every salary cap spot?

2 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

Season 89 is on the way!

1. D.C. Dragons internal documents of conduct were leaked and a lot of questions were raised about the fact that the team has an internal boxing league going on and that the participation is mandatory. As a player, is that the truth and if so, who is weakest boxer on Dragons? 
2. GM Frostbeard had a meeting with GM Leonidas. After the meeting it was said that both GMs seemed to excited about it and a reporter said that he heard both GM's say that the deal works for both of them. Are you aware of this sort of a deal or is it just speculation?
3. D.C. Dragons are starting this season a bit slower, for you individually, do you think the team is ready to compete or another season of rebuild is still needed?
4. Currently, a lot of questions have been raised about the trade that brought the veteran Max Torq to D.C, some analysts even call it a "huge mistake" while GM Frostbeard has said that to him this is a "incredibly amazing deal for Dragons". Your thoughts?
5. With the season underway, which player on our roster in your opinion is heavily underrated?
6. D.C. Dragons are providing a chance to play for Zac Martinez andLorenzo Cobberson as those players have joined us from FA. Do you believe these sort of moves are important and should teams try to fill every salary cap spot?

1. Only way I'll get into a fight is for my teammates. But you know the one rule about fight club. You don't talk about it. Plus I'm in Istanbul so I'll know when i get there right?
2. I mean I don't know anything being in Istanbul, Turkey. For now It's just hockey 

3. I mean the idea of a rebuild is already in place and looking at the roster rebuild It's the go as there are some young guys in the system, but It's time for DC to maybe get some more people and this being young fwds as I'd be lead to believe we have our Defenseman. unless i get traded
4. I mean I would say he can just come in and give some veteran experience to some guys on the team and just elevates the roster. Plus with him being a talented defenseman that means teams will come calling and you know what DC needs? picks and prospects. No further answers
5. I mean Lucas Gray as obvious sba member ties, but clearly he's showing his talent out there and I expect him to be a great role player on a 3rd or 2nd line or 1st liner in the future
6. It definitely fits into our agenda. They're not great players I would say from their draft class, but I would assume It's a personality and opportunity to get out on the ice. For them I cheer them on and just enjoy every moment as It doesn't matter what you do with this roster just go out there and give your best

On 6/19/2023 at 4:44 PM, FrostBeard said:

Season 89 is on the way!

1. Probably me :(. I have no points in checking or fighting. I'd get my ass beat.

2. Frostyboi always has a deal in the works, so I bet its true

3. Honestly we've been doing okay. I'm fine with an extra year of rebuild though. I want us to be awesome in the future.

4. I put my 100% faith in the Frost. He's done us right so far, I believe in his moves

5. Probably Calaway. He hasn't done a lot this year yet, but all his stats are there to blow up. I think we'll notice more of him soon

6. I think it can go either way, and I personally don't have too much of an opinion about this. Once again, I trust the Frost so I'm sure he's doing what is best for the team

Your DC Dragons are 3rd in NA!!

1. How do you feel about seeing DC Dragons so high in standings? 
2. GM Frostbeard has speculated that after game parties have positively influened this team's performance, your thoughts on that?
3. William Futch is currently our top goalscorer, what is your opinion on Futch as a teammate?
4. After long conversation with the President of D.C. Dragons and Minority owner Eno Rama, GM Frostbeard released a statement saying that this team is going to be built with the same mindset that D.C team has had since joining VHL - do you think it is vital to have a history and traditions that define your franchise?
5. Eric Queefson and Mark Calaway are both sitting at 14 points in 20 games played - do you think it is good to have some inside rivalry between young players or do you feel that is not necessary?
6. Recently released analysis by ETHDC Media has said that "Dragons are the team that you expected to be at the bottom of the table. Right now they are WAY out of their league and will drop down soon" - how do you respond to that?

On 6/27/2023 at 6:50 AM, FrostBeard said:

2. GM Frostbeard has speculated that after game parties have positively influened this team's performance, your thoughts on that?
3. William Futch is currently our top goalscorer, what is your opinion on Futch as a teammate?
4. After long conversation with the President of D.C. Dragons and Minority owner Eno Rama, GM Frostbeard released a statement saying that this team is going to be built with the same mindset that D.C team has had since joining VHL - do you think it is vital to have a history and traditions that define your franchise?
5. Eric Queefson and Mark Calaway are both sitting at 14 points in 20 games played - do you think it is good to have some inside rivalry between young players or do you feel that is not necessary?
6. Recently released analysis by ETHDC Media has said that "Dragons are the team that you expected to be at the bottom of the table. Right now they are WAY out of their league and will drop down soon" - how do you respond to that?

1. I love to see It. You know when you're rebuilding and you're winning? Yeah that's a good sign of things to come. 
2. I mean who wouldn't be more motivated. Keep winning more beer and liquor. stay losing, just sadness in your heart. no one wants to be sad. Be happy
3. Well being In Turkey doesn't allow me to meet the guys too much, but during training camp I got to meet them for a little bit. As far as I could tell he was a more quiet kind of guy and just get his job done on the ice.
4. Absolutely, I mean I know the hate towards Seattle, but what team do you think of when you think who makes the moves and signings to build a roster. Seattle simple. He may not always be transparent, but It can be a team decision at times. Not saying It's right, but all respect to them. 
5. I love to see It. Compete make each other better. Cause If I'm slacking tell me. I'm wanting to be the best I can be, so are you right? Simple compete baby!
6. I mean all teams come back to reality, but with good coaching and just commitment, will keep us in the right idea. To be honest we don't need a top pick as If you find the right person in the draft at the right place. 

On 6/27/2023 at 7:50 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. Feels great and its because I'm such a good rookie ;)

2. This is definitely facts. We all go out for a rager after we win a game and wake up feeling better the next day

5. Yeah @Beketov is a bum, I totally got him beat for rookie of the year

On 6/27/2023 at 7:50 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. I feel great that we are so high in the standings it wasn’t promised when I resigned but it feels amazing now 

2. It’s really helped team morale and raise our spirits.

3. I’ve kind of been a terrible teammate been pretty absent in the LR but I will pick it up.

4. History means a lot for a franchise and traditions make a team better but sometimes starting new one will raise a team to higher heights.

5. I believe a min rivalry that doesn’t affect game results in a poor way is always good it makes each player hungrier to be better and when I was back with the Kings rivals pushed me to triple my point total.

6. We’re gonna keep on winning

• 2 weeks later...

Trade dealine is here!

1. Trade deadline is here, knowing that our team could maybe make playoffs, should we look into options to buy a player or two to help us? 
2. GM Frostbeard has released statement that he is suprised about D.C. Dragons performance - what are your thoughts about our team up till this point?
3. Bubbles Utonium was recently called it to talk about information that certain banned drugs migt have been used by player this off-season. Knowing Bubbles, do you think that is a possibility?
4. Max Torq has been a strong presence on ice for D.C. Dragons - how much of a help he is to the younger players?
5. City of Washington is giving green light for D.C. Dragons to build a statue to one of their legacy players - who do you think would deserve a statue to commemorate their time with D.C. Dragons and their impact to the community?
6. Media outlet "D.C. Times and News" released a hit-piece about Jason Coiner and his recent outburst after a loss against Seattle Bears were he attacked everyone from teammates to fans on not supporting him enough - none of the teammates or team management have commented on this yet - what can you tell about this situation?
7. After Trade deadline, end of the season is always the time when every player needs to give double the effort if they want to make playoffs - how do you prepare yourself for that push?
8. It was reported that there has been some interest in players like Queefson and Calaway from contending teams that want to get on their rosters already well developed players on Entry level deals - do you think losing these players would do more harm or good for the future of the D.C. Dragons?
9. Our prospects in VHLE and VHLM are steadily getting ready to play in VHL and are pushing themselves to be ready to imidiately contribute. What would be your one suggestion for each of those players getting ready to hit the big ice?
10.  After conversation with team ownership GM Frostbeard was seen screaming "AGM... They say, ha, I will show them AGM" - could you speculate what that conversation was about?
11. After received a new sponsorship deal, every D.C. Dragons player will need to record 25 second of promo video for Opel Kadet Fan Club - what would you tell anyone who would ask why they should drive Opel Kadet?
12. Out of our roster roster players, who do you feel is the unsung heroe for our squad this season? Is there even one? 

2. Well what we know now is that he did trade some older guys to give them better opportunities as right now D.C is tanking for pics. I mean they surprised me I expected the team to be automatically, but It was nice to see some winning for a little. Draft wise eh. 

3. No way, I think someone just dropped rumors just to get Bubbles in trouble. Maybe a goalie trying to make a name for themself? lol but no bubbles would not be doing something like that. 

6. Well as a person not actually there In D.C I read about It in Istanbul and couldn't believe It, but also after seeing a trade was made. It's clear he wanted to win and GM frost wanted that for him as well.

8. I would say It hurts as we just drafted those guys along with myself and It feels like thats our defense core and losing those guys just wouldn't be It to me and would basically go away from our ambitions of getting young and growing.

10. I would say maybe people are wondering why were trading when D.C is competing. Would think we would want to win, but fans want to be in the seats when you're winning. So I expect that would be the reason. 

12. I mean there's no hero per say, maybe Bubbles by constantly giving it all out there on the ice.