Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

Off Season Press Conference

1) With the Phantoms season coming to an end at a 3-0 sweep at the hands of Helsinki, how would you describe your playoff performance in the series?

2) What's a positive takeaway from your season overall?

3) How do you feel about the Phantoms' season?

4) What area do you plan on working on this off-season and why?

5) If you were the GM, how would you make Prague a better team next season?

6) Is golf your favorite off-season activity or something else?

1) With the Phantoms season coming to an end at a 3-0 sweep at the hands of Helsinki, how would you describe your playoff performance in the series? - Abysmal. Just one point, an assist, in three games? As a leader of this team on and off the ice, that is not enough. I'm angry about it, and I'm sure my teammates and fans expected more from me as well. It is serving as a major motivational tool for me to step it up even more next season.

2) What's a positive takeaway from your season overall? - Scored 30 goals for the second time in my career, had career highs in assists, points, and game-winning goals, set a career-low in penalty minutes, and we made the playoffs for the second time in my career.

3) How do you feel about the Phantoms' season? - It was a good season, but it could have been, and probably should have been so much better. But we're set up to have even better seasons coming up ahead, so this was the first step towards becoming a contender.

4) What area do you plan on working on this off-season and why? - My conditioning absolutely must improve moving forward. I've gone cold towards the end of the season for several years in a row, and it played a major role with my lackluster post-season. Simply put, I need to be in better condition to play my game much deeper into the season than I have been, especially with regression just around the corner.

5) If you were the GM, how would you make Prague a better team next season? - There's a quality core in place now, and the team is in good position to add to it. We'll have a solid pick to add a quality prospect, and perhaps adding a veteran player or two in free agency could put this team in position to become a contender.

6) Is golf your favorite off-season activity or something else? - You know, I've never really been much of a golfer. I've always focused on training during the off-season, but I think golfing might be a good way to relax a little bit and take some stress off while I better myself for next season. Mental health is a forgotten aspect of being a pro hockey player, and maybe if I take better care of myself, I can play better on the ice.

8 hours ago, animal74 said:

1) With the Phantoms season coming to an end at a 3-0 sweep at the hands of Helsinki, how would you describe your playoff performance in the series?

Disappointing. It was my last season and I did almost nothing and we got swept.

I performed pretty well considering it was purely middle six ice-time and a severly regression hit player  

It’s okay, I’m excited to watch them grow

Well I’m currently building my Second gen player into a power forward 

Another top end forward and bringing back Seabass could push this team over the edge.

Probably swimming and drinking, sometimes at the same time.

17 hours ago, animal74 said:

Not enough

You have to lose to win. It was a good lesson

We made improvements

Defence - I feel the type of player I am now

Look to Tarde for some depth

Yes although I'm a leaner 

On 11/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, animal74 said:

1. I could've played better. It's my job to make the big save and I couldn't.

2. I think I started to find my groove at the end of the season, got a few shutouts and helped us get into the playoffs.

3. I'd say it was decently successful. Would've liked a longer playoff run but we'll build on the season for next year.

4. I want to work on my focus and big game performance.

5. Maybe try to get an elite scorer

6. I like to travel and explore new cities and countries, go on hikes, etc

On 11/1/2020 at 12:56 PM, animal74 said:

1. Honestly, I feel like I had a great playoffs. Lots of things to be proud of for everyone on the team. The figure l future looks great for the Phantoms

2. Trying to help out so all over the lineup. That's what you hope for in your rookie season. Just doing anything I can to help the team win games.

3. I think it was good. To me it shows the promise of many playoff runs in this franchises future!

4. My puck handling, defense, and scoring. Those are the main three the I will be putting most effort into

5. I would take a hard look at who's upcoming FA and make some waves. But honestly I trust our gm so I'm excited to watch this team grow.

6. I try to get a game in every day of the offseason. It's all working out and golf. Gotta stay in the zone!

On 11/1/2020 at 12:56 PM, animal74 said:

1. Honestly not bad, wish i had a goal but i'm not gonna complain about 4 assists in 3 games.
  2. well it was my first season back since ghosting the league (sorry :( ) but i think i did better then i expected since loosing so much TPE.
  3. we fought hard and made it to the playoffs it sucks we lost but i'd say this was a great season to books of the franchise. 
  4. gotta see how much i lose in TPE but i'd like to dump most of my TPE in defense scoring and probably checking.
  5. SIGN ME i'm just to good no but seriously if i was GM i don't think I'd change much maybe get a little more offensive power but otherwise i think we're on the right track.
  6. if I'm not training my favorite offseason activity is playing smash with the boys and getting my but kicked. 

1)pretty disappointing to get swept 3-0, but for myself I got a goal and assist so it lessens the blow a bit

2) for my rookie season I got 38 points which I think is pretty good 

3) made it into playoffs it was better then the last few seasons

4) gotta work on my defence more

5) honestly not to sure what I’d do

6) I suck at golfing but it’s fun to play lol

New Presser Questions

1. Dagmar Havlova was traded to Warsaw this week. Do you any parting words for the longtime Phantom?

2. How do you feel about our offseason moves?  Ex: Trades, Signings,Draft

3. What have you been doing to keep busy this offseason?

4. Many of our S68 players will be playing out their last seasons this year. How do you feel about this team looking ahead past this next season? 

5. What your favourite song to dance to? 

6. Other than your hometown what is your favorite city to go visit?

Edited by Seabass

1. Dagmar Havlova was traded to Warsaw this week. Do you any parting words for the longtime Phantom?

Although I didn't have the pleasure of playing with Dagmar, I heard amazing things and I hope that he does well with his new team.

I mean, I'm part of the Prague organization now. So I'm pretty excited

Honestly, working out. I know that I need to get better in order to make it to the big club. 

4. Many of our S68 players will be playing out their last seasons this year. How do you feel about this team looking ahead past this next season? 

All I know is that I want to help contribute and get a Cup for Prague.

I wouldn't say dance, but I really jam out to "Panda" be Desiigner. There's an inside joke between me and my buddy from back home about it to so there's always an extra laugh. 

I love visiting Toronto. Always a great place to go, but you can't stay there for too long. 

1. Dagmar Havlova was traded to Warsaw this week. Do you any parting words for the longtime Phantom? - It was a blast, we made a lot of good memories over the past several years, I'm truly sorry to see her go. Her hard work did not go unappreciated, and all of us here will miss everything she brought to the team. 

2. How do you feel about our offseason moves?  Ex: Trades, Signings,Draft - I love it. For a while, it felt like we weren't getting an infusion of young talent like the rest of the league was, but that has certainly changed in the past few seasons. There's a lot of quality players that will be making their way here in the next few seasons and the fans have a lot to be excited for, because I certainly am. 

3. What have you been doing to keep busy this offseason? - Working hard on improving myself, as usual! In particular, I've been working extra hard on cardio to improve my conditioning. I'm unhappy with how my play slips late in the season, so I'm going to do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again this year. I've also picked up golf in an attempt to give myself time to relax, be in a better position mentally. Not much to write home about yet, but it certainly helped me stay focused!

4. Many of our S68 players will be playing out their last seasons this year. How do you feel about this team looking ahead past this next season? - It sucks having to say goodbye to guys you've played your entire career with, but there are some very exciting prospects in the pipeline that will be ready to take over for them. It will be a big adjustment, but the future looks bright. 

5. What your favourite song to dance to? - Honestly, anything with a beat that I can vibe with. That's the only thing you really need to get into a groove. 

6. Other than your hometown what is your favorite city to go visit? - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. I'm a huge history nerd, and it's the site of one of the most important battles and events in our nation's history. It's fantastically preserved, there's so much to see and do, and there's a calm, peaceful presence over the battlefield. It's virtually impossible to be anything other than at peace when you're there. 

On 11/14/2020 at 3:03 PM, Seabass said:

New Presser Questions

1. Good luck and we'll see you on the ice! Don't expect to score though

2. Pretty solid moves I'd say. Good for the team now and in the future

3. I've been hitting the gym and watching a lot of Netflix

4. We've got a lot of players in the prospect pool that I'm sure will step up when eeded

5. Mull River Shuffle by the Rankin Family

6. Not a city, but my family has a cottage in Cape Breton that I love to visit

On 11/14/2020 at 12:03 PM, Seabass said:

New Presser Questions

Thanks for being a great teammate and setting a new standard for offense for the Phantoms. Good luck in Warsaw and hopefully we can all sit down and have beers when it's all over. 

Aside from trading Havlova, I think they have all been astute moves. Now it's up to us to make them work out.

A lot of family stuff and trying to stay active.

As one of the players in their final year, I think the future is bright for Prague and I hope they'll stay competitive and be contenders for years to come.

At the moment I think it's Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa. It's got a funky beat.

Canmore, AB. Love the mountains!

1. Having 1 win in the first 4 games out of the gate isnt a great start. What do we have to change out there to be able to turn this around?

2. Thomas Landry has exploded with 6 point in the 4 games, who do you think is best suited to challenge Landry as the Phantoms top point getter this season with Havlova being gone?

3. Do you have any pre game rituals that you'd like to share?

4. Are you a fan of a routine or do you just go with the flow most times?

5. Pepsi or Coke? 

6. Prediction time, how many points we will we end up this year in the standings?

1. Having 1 win in the first 4 games out of the gate isnt a great start. What do we have to change out there to be able to turn this around? - The biggest takeaway is that while we might have only won one game, but the team as a whole has played well. Other than a clunker against Warsaw, we've been in every game, including taking Moscow to a shootout. We just need to figure each other out, develop that chemistry. We've got the talent to win, but we just need to make that talent work together seamlessly. 

2. Thomas Landry has exploded with 6 point in the 4 games, who do you think is best suited to challenge Landry as the Phantoms top point getter this season with Havlova being gone? - I'm gonna go with a bit of a dark horse pick: John LeClair II. He had noted struggles to his rookie season, but he really picked it up as the year went on, especially towards the end. He really found his groove, got comfortable with the pro game and showed confidence in his skills. That's all carried over to this season, and I'm not surprised at all. The VHL will know who John LeClair II is by the end of this season, just watch. 

3. Do you have any pre game rituals that you'd like to share? - The biggest thing I try to do is just drown out everything outside of the upcoming game. I don't care about the standings, the stats, whatnot. It's all about getting amped up to win the game, and study some film to see what might work well that night. I do my best to make sure that energy is shared by the rest of the team as well. 

4. Are you a fan of a routine or do you just go with the flow most times? - I'm very routine oriented, but I'm capable of adapting on the fly if I need to. That's especially true on the ice, routine gets you nowhere out there. If you can't adapt to the game as it goes along, you're not gonna succeed. 

5. Pepsi or Coke? - Neither, actually. I do my best to avoid soda, not good for you at all and the trainers will just shoot daggers at you for looking at it! 

6. Prediction time, how many points we will we end up this year in the standings? - Last season, we squeaked in with around 80 points. I'd like to get at least 90 points and secure our spot before the last game of the season, and if we can take care of business, we'll get that done. 

10 hours ago, Seabass said:

1. Having 1 win in the first 4 games out of the gate isn't a great start. What do we have to change out there to be able to turn this around?

Um, not play Warsaw anymore? Honestly, we're getting the effort offensively but it's the breakdowns on defense that are hurting us. These will get rectified as the young players gain more experience and we all get on the same page as a team.

2. Thomas Landry has exploded with 6 point in the 4 games, who do you think is best suited to challenge Landry as the Phantoms top point getter this season with Havlova being gone?

I'm going with the new guy, Pengu. I think he'll fit in nicely here and will have a career year!

I like to listen to rocking music to get my energy up and have a sweet snack for that extra boost early on.

I usually like routine in certain areas. But if the routines get interrupted, I like to think I can go with the flow and make the best of it.

5. Pepsi or Coke? 

Coke is ok, but no contest - I've been a Pepsi fan my whole life. Besides, have you seen what they can clean with Coke? Can't be good for you!

6. Prediction time, how many points we will we end up this year in the standings?

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and give ourselves a slight bump from last season and say 84 points.

On 11/19/2020 at 7:40 AM, Seabass said:

1. Having 1 win in the first 4 games out of the gate isnt a great start. What do we have to change out there to be able to turn this around?

5. Pepsi or Coke? 

1. Just play our game, stay focused and play hard, the more effort we put in the more likely we are to win!

2. I think our new guy pengu will spark up and challenge our point leader!

3. I put my hoodie and my rap music on and do my three laps. Gets me focused on what’s about to happen in the game 

4. I like to go with the flow!

5. Pepsi 100%

1. think all around as a team were doing good, main area i think is in our own end that we lose in

2. thomas landry or more pengu i think

3. drink chocolate milk before every game

4. Sticking to a routine benefits me more, easier to stay on track

5. neither

6. 85

The Phantoms have an obvious roster that can take home the EU cup , time is all thats needed , the chemistry will come and so will the championships

Ondrej has to be the next best bet 

nothing id like to share ..

Depends what youre refereing to ? 

5. Pepsi or Coke? 

Coke-a-Cola

Lets go with 111

On 11/19/2020 at 7:40 AM, Seabass said:

5. Pepsi or Coke? 

1.) We've picked it up a little since then. We just needed to keep playing our game - the results were going to come.

2.) Hm, that's a good question. I'd like to think it'd be me, but that's probably a tough stretch at this point. I think Landry keeps the title of top point producer for the Phantoms.

3.) Nah, nothing really special. I'm not that superstitious.

4.) I like routine when I can, but it's not the end of the world if it's not followed.

5.) Coke 100%, and hopefully none of you are those weird people who call every soda a Coke.

6.) 72 games....I'm going to say 98 points.

I think since this question has been issued, it's ignited a fire underneath us. We've won nine of our first 16 games and we're only three off the pace in the European Conference. Our offense has been playing well and I think our defense needs to be shored up a little bit. 

Landry is our man. Apparently i'm second which is cool. No complaints on my side of things, but I'm sure that Ondrej Ohradka will eventually overpass me but it's Landry's year. 

I usually eat some chicken wings before games. That's my go-to meal. Maybe a couple of slap shots in pre-game, where I really give it my all. That's pretty much it and I keep to myself most of the time. 

Pre-game stuff, I like to stick to my routine. But off the rink, I'm a flow kind of person. Very flexible really. When it comes to hockey, I stick to what works for me. 

5. Pepsi or Coke? 

Fuck soda, I drink water. 

Definitely more than last year.  I'm hoping for at least 80. But that may be a stretch based on how unlucky we have been as a franchise. The last time or two that we started strong in the first half, we ended up cooling off in the second half. So... yeah. My last go-round, so I'm trying to make the most out of it this year. 

On 11/19/2020 at 8:40 AM, Seabass said:

5. Pepsi or Coke? 

1. I gotta be better. The team needs me to make those big saves and I just haven't been doing it.

2. The always reliable, Ondrej Ohradka

3. I get dressed in the same order each game

4. I'm more of a go with the flow kinda guy

5. 👃

6. 87

New Press Conference!

1. What grade (A-F) would you give your performance so far this season and why?

2. What has been your biggest moment so far this season?

3. We're currently fourth in the EU having scored the second-most goals but also having given up the second-most. What can we do to rectify this?

4. What is your favorite holiday drink?

5. Your Secret Santa is the teammate who posted last. What present to you give them?

6. What is your favorite Christmas lights color or color combo?

Edited by animal74

1. What grade (A-F) would you give your performance so far this season and why? - An A, I finally feel like I'm living up to my offensive potential this season. It's not perfect, though, I'd feel even better with a higher +/-.

2. What has been your biggest moment so far this season? - Scoring six points against Riga was awesome, it may have been the most dominant performance of my career so far. 

3. Were currently fourth in the EU having scored the second-most goals but also having given up the second-most. What can we do to rectify this? - I think the forwards need to help out more defensively. Some of plays that result in goals can go very badly if they don't connect. If we aren't scoring, we're creating more chances for the other team. It's a dangerous game to play and not one I feel we can be relying on if we're going to go anywhere this season. 

4. What is your favorite holiday drink? - A nice bottle of wine goes great with turkey or ham. Eggnog is properly served into the trash. 

5. Your Secret Santa is the teammate who posted last. What present to you give them? - An AARP membership! No, but seriously, I'd love to hook up Ohradka with some shadowboxes and other display items. With his career wrapping up, those would be great for him to display items from his playing days and get his den in order. I don't get the feeling he'll stay still long enough to enjoy them, though!

6. What is your favorite Christmas lights color or color combo? - I love the huge glass bulbs with all the different colors. Saw them a lot as a kid, and you don't see them much anymore. They bring a lot of good memories back, so I love to see them being used again. 

15 hours ago, animal74 said:

New Press Conference!

1. What grade (A-F) would you give your performance so far this season and why?

2. What has been your biggest moment so far this season?

3. Were currently fourth in the EU having scored the second-most goals but also having given up the second-most. What can we do to rectify this?

4. What is your favorite holiday drink?

5. Your Secret Santa is the teammate who posted last. What present to you give them?

6. What is your favorite Christmas lights color or color combo?

1. I would give myself a B I think. I'm more or less happy with my performance. That being said there's always room for improvement!.

2. Gotta be today, 4 points in one game! Very stoked about that!

3. I think we have to tighten up as a whole unit. Limit the number of shots on goal. I believe we have it in us to do that.

4. Sailor Jerry and coke. It was a holiday tradition with my parents. Now that they're both gone I will be continuing it with my brother.

5. Honestly the way he's playing, I'll get him anything he wants. Guys been unreal!!! I'll fill a dump truck full of money and drop it in his driveway.

6. I miss the old school ones the green, red, blue, pink, orange. The nostalgia is strong. I'm not into the ask white lights that you see a lot of these days.