Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1.What do you think of the new additions made by GM Glasser? 

To be honest, just got back to the practice ice for the first time since my isolation training regiment of single malt scotch and hunting. I have no reason to doubt the GM's ability to crush deals, so a hearty "welcome aboard" to all the new teammates.

2. What’s your favourite fast food place? Why?

In-N-Out, I'm assuming only because I don't have a Shake Shack near me.

3. Do you think this is the year we finally make the playoffs?

Other teams in the league better hope not.

4. Who is gonna be the teams mvp this season?  And what do you think our strengths/Weaknesses are going into the new season.

Gotta be the netminder, Wahl. For skater production, I'll go Fizzlebeef.

5.What kind of numbers do you hope your player puts up this season? (Goals, assists, points?, for goalies wins/ GAA, SV%?)

69-0 in fights. (STILL undefeated)

6.Whats one area of your game you’ve improved in over the offseason?

Passing & shooting, hope to help out offensively while still putting bodies into the boards.

New to the team, so I'm not hyper aware of the additions. But I am looking forward to playing with this new group of guys.

Chick-fil-a, because their chicken is phenomenal

This year will be the year, TOR is rebuilding and we've got the talent to push for a division title.

4. Who is gonna be the teams mvp this season?  And what do you think our strengths/Weaknesses are going into the new season.

Paddywagon will make a big push as the Team MVP with his outstanding two-way D play. The entire team is strong, our weakness will be a bunch of new faces playing together.

5.What kind of numbers do you hope your player puts up this season? (Goals, assists, points?, for goalies wins/ GAA, SV%?)

I'd really like to have a 100 point season.

Improving my Puck handling has been a focus, but fighting depreciation is the bigger fight

On 1/15/2020 at 7:34 PM, Jayrad28 said:

Hey guys new presser! Can’t wait for the new season to start!

I think GM Glasser may have made himself a candidate for GM of the year with the moves he's been pulling off as of late. He assembled a competitive team this year with the moves he's made within just a few days. It all went down pretty fast, you blink and next thing you know your team has a new identity. 

I try not too indulge too much in fast food, but I'll always have love for Popeye's Chicken. 

I think GM, Glasser has assembled himself a team that's able to make the playoffs this year. 

I think whoever steps up to fill Draven's shoes as our top scorer will end up being the team MVP. Will it be new vets like Fizzlebeaf and Glover

I think i'll have pretty similar numbers as I project that I will not got top pairing minutes with new acquisitions and the ever constant improvement of Block. But last season season was a bad year for me and I just got to do what I can to be better. 

We'll just have to wait and see come our first game won't we?

I am very excited. To get Brick Wahl and to learn from them what it takes to be an elite goalie is fantastic and I am very excited to share a locker room with him!

McDonalds! It is classic, has great options like Chicken Nuggets and overall sits in the top 3 for me in most of the food choices. It is the mecca of fast food and I admire their corporate success.

Yes, this team is amazing and I am excited to see it succeed while I develop.

Gotta be Brick Wahl. Having that dominant goalie instead of stinky Crawford will be so good. I expect the team to be dominant on the defensive end and with that, be among the league leaders in least goals against!

I am hoping in my limited starts to have more wins than losses, a GAA around 3 and a SV% around .900!

Just everything in my overall goaltending abilities!

On 1/15/2020 at 7:34 PM, Jayrad28 said:

1.) I think that all the new changes should give us a chance to compete, especially that wahl guy  he look pretty decent lol

2.) McDonalds - because is is world wide

3.)Yes,  get on my back. You all about to get carried there.

4.)MVP Cinnamon Block for sure - our weakness of offensive for sure  our D and Goal-tending seem strong enough 

5.) over .920 or i had a bad season

6.)I actually got worse, depreciation is a be-och :)

I definitely feel that he has made us a team that can compete, and even win the championship. If we do, he is for sure the GM of the year.

Burger King. From all my years of going to fast food places, Burger King is the only one to not mess up my order. Consistency like that deserves to be rewarded.

Hell freakin yeah. Our first two years was all about growing and building. This year is about winning.

Brick  Wahl for sure. An absolute stud in net that can steal more than just a couple wins. Our strength looks to be the defensive group and goaltending while the offense is a bit weaker, although we have a lot of depth which greatly helps.

I'd like to replicate my stats back in Season 66 down in the minors, although that might be some wishful thinking. I have improved a lot this offseason however, and I definitely think it's possible for me to break 60 points and at least 30 goals.

I focused a lot on passing, skating, and defense. I really want to be a strong two way type of forward while also having the ability to dish the puck as well as I can shoot it. We'll just have to see if it pays off.

Edited by Grape

Since the season has started, Prague has been hot! Great moves and hopefully we can keep it going.

Probably chik-fil-a. Its just great and chicken is dank

Considering a hot start, I see no reason why not. 

Honestly, I have been seeing a lot of Seabass on the scoring sheet with him being more defensively minded, I would consider him a MVP by heart if not by points.

I'm hoping this is the year Dredge breaks out offensively, he's been putting in work on his offense to solidify himself as a top 6 offensive forward. I want him at 30 goals, 40 assists at least.

After fixing up some defensive holes in Willie's game, He's going all out offense and he has seen major improvement.

New Presser

1. How do you feel about your team's start to the season?

2. Owen Nolan has now fought Edward Vigneault in every game the teams have faced each other. Is this now a personal rivalry and does this paint a target on Nolan's back for future games?

3. The team has had a total of 7 fights which is now a franchise high in only 10 games played. Why has the team start playing with such an edge? 

4. Newly acquired Edward Vigneault has starred 4 of the team's 7 fights. Why do you think Vigneault is so angry this season?

5. Who's our MVP of the week?

6. How awesome was it to see Brick Wahl shut her former team out in her first game against her former team?

Just now, Sebster03 said:

New Presser

I feel great! We're playing good hockey out there and it seems like all the team's new pieces are settling in very nicely.

2. Owen Nolan has now fought Edward Vigneault in every game the teams have faced each other. Is this now a personal rivalry and does this paint a target on Nolan's back for future games?

I wouldn't say it's become a personal rivalry between the two but I guarantee Vigneault will be keeping an eye on him for this point on. Yes, Nolan did paint a target on his back. Vigneault is one of our top defenders and he shouldn't have to answer the bell to this pest every game. 

3. The team has had a total of 7 fights which is now a franchise high in only 10 games played. Why has the team start playing with such an edge? 

We're just a much more confident team this year. We brought in a lot of veterans to the team and our younger guys all have an extra season under their belt. We're not playing as timid as we did when we were basically an all rookie team.

4. Newly acquired Edward Vigneault has starred 4 of the team's 7 fights. Why do you think Vigneault is so angry this season?

A certain prankster that will not be named has been putting shaving cream in his skates before every game. Also lately his mid game snacks (dunkaroos) have been going missing.

The Brick Fucken Wahl. She's been key to us turning things around.

6. How awesome was it to see Brick Wahl shut her former team out in her first game against her former team?

It was awesome for sure. Not only did she shut out her former team, but she won that game for us. We didn't deserve to really win that game at all, it was all her. So it was great to see her have such a dominant game to stick it to the Wranglers. 

15 minutes ago, Sebster03 said:

New Presser

Always a good thing to see so many wins, especially early in the season.

I'm looking to knock him on his ass whenever I see him at this point.

We're rough and tough. Lot of teams trying to play with speed and finesse, but we're out here trying to body them with our physicality.

We brought him in for this exact reason. We needed some more oomph to bring the pain.

Brick Wahl has been lights out in the net and has already made a huge difference for us.

Very nice

22 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

New Presser

It feels good. We're winning a good amount and a lot of us are playing pretty well. Seems like the new pieces have adjusted to our system pretty quickly.

If he keeps being a pest, I'll have to work on my fighting a little more and give him someone else to mess with.

We have a lot of passion and grit in the locker room and that we'll stand up for each other. We've become a pretty close group over these few games and we're always watching each others' backs

They must not be used to our timezones and not getting enough sleep. I know I'm always pissed when I don't get a good night's rest.

Brick Wahl. They've been key in keeping us in almost every game this season and has been completely lights out.

It was fantastic. I was happy that we could get the win for her but she made that pretty easy for us with her performance.

1. How do you feel about your team's start to the season?

it is a nice feeling. After struggling to find traction on a consistent basis the first two years we seem to be doing a lot better this time around which is great news. We’re doing a lot of good things and I hope we can maintain this even on Brick Wahl’ days off. 

I think Owen Nolan is a dipshit and I don’t even know who he is. He thinks he can take on Vigneault? Why not pick on somebody like Gert Frobe? That tells you a lot about Nolans’ character and I’m done talking about him. Next question please. 

We are asserting ourselves and maintaining our edge in all aspects of the game. You know, teams have kind of been pushing us around the last two years and we told ourselves not this year. We are the alphas and we need to make our mark. 

We needed somebody to do that and it appears Vigneault has taken on the role of the enforcer so that’s nice to know. I think this stems from his sexual frustrations so I guess we should make sure that his drought continues throughout the season. 

Brick Wahl no doubt about it. We go as far as the sexy vixen takes us. Sure our offense is decent and we have strong defenders but ultimately you go as far as the goalie takes you. 

Brick looked like she wanted this one really bad and I think coupled with her women’s day happening - it was a double whammy and we just couldn’t disappoint her. It was a tough task but I’m glad we stepped up to the plate and hit a homerun for her. 

New Presser

I think there is room for improvement, but were definitely clicking way more than last season for sure.

It's a rivalry, Vigneault is that guy that stands up for his teammates and Nolan likes to piss him off.

Prague wants to win, and we play an aggressive style that can create a lot of tension.

I think its not about his anger, but that he is a stand up character that, well, stands up for his teammates.

MVP of this week is Fizzlebeef, he has picked up his scoring quite a bit.

Its always good to see the goalie shine, especially against the former team. Wahl is a great addition.

NEW Questions

1. Now that the team has fallen back down to earth do you think our current position in the standings better represents what should be expected of our team this year?

2. Who's our  MVP of the week?

3.  Is it time to start giving our captain a few games in net?

4. Do you think the Phantoms are going all in this season?

5. Which method of travel do you prefer, team bus or flying?

6. We lead the league with 509 Penalty Minutes, a 84 minute lead over the next team. Is your team's time in the box affecting the team's results?

Just now, Sebster03 said:

NEW Questions

1. Now that the team has fallen back down to earth do you think our current position in the standings better represents what should be expected of our team this year?

I feel like we can be even better, so no I dont think our current position in the standings reflect how good this team can be. 

That whole top line has been hot, but I think Glover has been playing some great hockey as he's taken a hold of the team scoring lead.

Why not? We're coming off two losses, give him a chance to the young fella to turn things around.

I don't think i'm the right person you should be asking that question to, only the GM truly knows what's going on. Us as players it's our job to go all in every shift, it's our job. 

I love the bus road trips as I find it's a good team building opportunity and it gives a chance for all of us to really connect with one another. Good for morale.

6. We lead the league with 509 Penalty Minutes, a 84 minute lead over the next team. Is your team's time in the box affecting the team's results?

We're gonna have to shape up and remain disciplined in the future and we're going to have to if we end up making the playoffs. 

NEW Questions

We are where we are. Were still contending so thats all that matters, forget the expectations.

I think Fizzle has been great producer this week, even for the season.

I'm always down to give switch up the lines/net in order to get a spark

I think this team is good, so of course we are going for a playoff contending season.

Flying is nice, get a good nap in during the flight is way easier than the bus.

I think it is actually a good indicator of how aggressive we are, lots of those penalty minutes are from fights, we stick up for our teammates and play our style of hockey.

1. 20 more games are left, what do you want to accomplish during those 20 games?

2. We're currently in a position to be the last team into the playoffs. Do you think we can surprise a team come playoff time and win our first round series?

3.We got one 20 goal scorer so far, who do you think will join Fizzlebeef in the 20 goal club next?

4. Who's going to hit 50 points first do you think?

5. Who would you say is this year's most improved player?

6. Who has been your favourite addition so far out of our new players?

1. 20 more games are left, what do you want to accomplish during those 20 games?

Better +/-.

2. We're currently in a position to be the last team into the playoffs. Do you think we can surprise a team come playoff time and win our first round series?

Definitely. Once you are in the playoffs anything can happen.

3.We got one 20 goal scorer so far, who do you think will join Fizzlebeef in the 20 goal club next?

Willie Dredge

Fizzlebeef

Cinnamon Block

I’ll pass on answering that to avoid the bias answer of “me”!

1. 20 more games are left, what do you want to accomplish during those 20 games?

We need to regain our traction. We started off this year strong then I think we sort of got ahead of ourselves and now we’re struggling. Sliding down the standings real fast. I want to play in the postseason this year, so that’s what I am hoping to accomplish here. 

If we continue to play like we have been, I’m not sure if we make it into the postseason with how competitive the back end of the pack is. I think we will have a better shot next year. 

I think WILLIE Dredge is next. He has been solid with his play on the rink and he definitely deserves the 20. I’m not sure if we’ll get a third guy or not considering how uninspired we have been playing lately. 

Definitely Fizzlebeef. He has been awesome as the centerpiece of our offseason acquisitions and the first line leader this yeAr. 

Seabass definitely. I might be biased here because I’ve been playing with him and we share lockers sometimes - but the guy has been awesome this year playing alongside me. We’ve played off each other fairly well and his game has taken strides to the point where we’re competing on offense not just defense! 

6. Who has been your favourite addition so far out of our new players?

Either Fizzlebeef or Wahl. Both of them have been nice solid additions both from a talent and LR standpoint. Wahl’s been sitting and letting Solomon Crawford play lately - that’s how nice she is. But now with crunch time coming up — it’s her time to get back on the ice and stop shots like she did earlier in the season. 

I want to have the team turn back to Wahl while I get back to development. I think I can still be good but the team needs Wahl now. I want to see this team in the playoffs.

I do. We turned to me recently which is always a risk but with Wahl in net, this team is better.

Willie Dredge is going to be a goal scoring machine one day.

Roll Fizzlebeef is the choice.

Cinna is my pick here for most improved but Roll also fits here.

Wahl, I would be getting yelled at so much if I was starting every game. It is nice to have Wahl be the leader.

Continue producing for my team, I have picked up the pace as of late

I think in hockey there is always a chance of that, get the bounces or hot run before the playoffs and your good to go

I think watching the scoring streak I'm on, I would hope to be next.

Fizzlebeef, he's been our biggest producer this year so far.

It's tough to say, lot of players that have improved from last years team, but Crawford has done well in the games he has starred in.

Wahl has been just what we need to steal some games.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:55 AM, Sebster03 said:

Score. I’ve had a pretty terrible year and I’m hoping I can step in up in a last ditch effort.

Absolutely. If everything goes right and swings our way, we’ve got a really solid roster, I think we can go all the way.

3.We got one 20 goal scorer so far, who do you think will join Fizzlebeef in the 20 goal club next? Dredge, the hopefully me. Draper has been a little disappointing in the goals department as well.

Fizz or WSJ. I think fizz as he has been on a tear so far.

Either My good buddy Seabass, or Cinnamon Block.

6. Who has been your favourite addition so far out of our new players? Wahl. Hes been the backbone of the team 

New Presser

1. As of late Prague has been underperforming. What's your solution?

2. What has been the biggest moment in your players career so far?

3. When and why did you join the VHL?

4. If your player had the opportunity to join a top team but play less minutes, would he/she?

5. What is your reason for hockey being "The greatest sport on Earth." ?

6. Lastly, if you could implement an idea that you have for the VHL, what would it be?

1. As of late Prague has been underperforming. What's your solution?

We don’t have an obvious answer. Just keep putting the pucks on net.

2. What has been the biggest moment in your players career so far?

My last VHLM season where I really started to do some damage.

3. When and why did you join the VHL?

This season. I was finally called up!

4. If your player had the opportunity to join a top team but play less minutes, would he/she?

Yes for now – my stats need working on so reduced minutes could help me.

5. What is your reason for hockey being "The greatest sport on Earth." ?

The speed. Even when you stop skating you are still gliding. Its constantly moving.

6. Lastly, if you could implement an idea that you have for the VHL, what would it be?

Skills Competition

Playoff Presser

1. Where do you think we need to improve the most in order to come back after our 2-0 start against Moscow?

2. Who do you feel is Moscow's biggest threat?

3. Who do you think is our biggest threat?

4. Do you feel that our manager needs to make some chances after our start?

5. Who is do you feel is most due for a big game?

6. Who's going to drop the gloves next? I bet Laughton's fists will be hurting soon enough.