Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1. What’s the first thing you look at when you shower with a teammate naked?
    I look at my schlong. It's a grower, so I don't want people thinking that I've got a small package especially if the water's running cold. 
  2. Do you secretly wish Santa was real?
    Isn't Santa real? You're telling me right now that he is not? 
  3. Does anyone ever vanish with a trace?
    It's bound to happen. I've been watching Criminal Minds on Netflix lately and they seem to find just about everybody. So it's very much possible. Too hard to just disappear without a trace in today's electronic world.
  4. Which way should toilet paper face on the holder?
    It should be going over the top, not underneath. 
  5. Have you ever look in the mirror and wink at yourself
    All the time. I've got to make sure that my wink game is strong so I impress the Prague ladies in the crowd after scoring a goal. 
  6. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten and liked?
    I think an alligator. 
  7. Could you beat The Prague GM @diamond_ace in a staring contest?
    On a poker table, sure I could. I've got a pretty good face. 
  8. What disease did cured ham actually have?
    I believe that cured ham was suffering from a broken heart. I'm glad that the ham got over it. 
  9. If you could fart the melody of any song, what tune would you toot?
    The Happy Birthday to You song. It's somebody's birthday everyday, so it would be cool to utilize my farting talents on a daily basis while it lasts. 
  10. Do you think rock, paper, scissors is an effective way to solve disagreements?
    I disagree. 'Cause every time I play that game, I flash the middle finger signal and it wins every time. 
  11. Do illiterate people get the full effect of the alphabet soup?
    I'm not quite sure about that. Never tried it. 
  12. What kid’s movie terrifies you?
    When I was younger, I was a little intimidated by the movie It. Now I think it's funny. The original version, mind you. 

1. What’s the first thing you look at when you shower with a teammate naked? Obviously I stare deeply into their eyes, making a love connection and spending the rest of my life with them
  2. Do you secretly wish Santa was real? No its kind of weird to think of a dude coming down my chimney and fucking with my stuff and eating my cookies
  3. Which way should toilet paper face on the holder? Pull from under, thats a nice.
  4. Have you ever look in the mirror and wink at yourself Only all the time, stay confident friends.
  5. Could you beat The Prague GM @diamond_ace in a staring contest? Easily, I heard he doesn't have eyes.
  6. If you could fart the melody of any song, what tune would you toot? I would fart the fantastic fart melody of any hippie sabotage song
  7. Do you think rock, paper, scissors is an effective way to solve disagreements? If it's a light situation for sure it can be of assistance

1. How stoked are you to be sitting on top of the European COnference?

2. Out of all the cities that host a vhl team, which one is your favourite to play a away game against?

3. As a young millionaire playing in the VHL what do you do with all VHL earnings? Are you a spender or a saver?

4. What's your all time favourite movie?

5. How are you holding up during the COVID pandemic?

6. Do you have any personal goals that youd like to accomplish during the summer?

Edited by Sebster03

1. How stoked are you to be sitting on top of the European Conference?

Stoked, and I definitely believe this team deserves it.

2. Out of all the cities that host a VHL team, which one is your favorite to play an away game against?

I enjoy playing in NY and D.C, solely because I enjoy visiting the Dredge family in the Boston area.

3. As a young millionaire playing in the VHL what do you do with all VHL earnings? Are you a spender or a saver?

I spend on the essentials, but for the most part I'm a simple liver.

4. What's your all time favorite movie?

Miracle on Ice

5. How are you holding up during the COVID pandemic?

I have a home gym, so my spirits are high despite the situation.

6. Do you have any personal goals that you'd like to accomplish during the summer?

Keep hitting PR's on my lifts and continue to enjoy myself, while trying to be a light in other people's lives.

On 4/6/2020 at 5:36 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Hay Phantoms, lets get down to it :)

1. What’s the first thing you look at when you shower with a teammate naked?
  2. Do you secretly wish Santa was real?
  3. Does anyone ever vanish with a trace?
  4. Which way should toilet paper face on the holder?
  5. Have you ever look in the mirror and wink at yourself
  6. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten and liked?
  7. Could you beat The Prague GM @diamond_ace in a staring contest?
  8. What disease did cured ham actually have?
  9. If you could fart the melody of any song, what tune would you toot?
  10. Do you think rock, paper, scissors is an effective way to solve disagreements?
  11. Do illiterate people get the full effect of the alphabet soup?
  12. What kid’s movie terrifies you?

1. Takes the innocent approach and says the wall *he whispered

2. No because I'm sure there are times I often wouldn't have gotten presents and ended up in the naughty list

3. Carole Baskin's husband!

4. Over, the only way!

5. No but I should! :) 

6. Chicken heart from a Brazilian steakhouse!

New questions!

1. If the team hosted an arm wrestling tournament, who do you think would win?

2. The trade deadline has passed what do you think of the two deals we've seen?

3. Cinnamon Block, just hit the 50 point mark, who do you think will be next to hit 50?

4. Does your team have any hazing rituals?

5. What do you think are the odds of this team making it past the first round of the playoffs?

6. Willie Dredge @Speed who has been here since the team's inaugural season has been traded, do you have any parting words for the guy?

2 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

New questions!

Honestly, Gert B Forbe, I’ve seen that guy lift cars like it’s nothing.

I thought they were pretty solid, losing Dredge hurts but okharda will definitely help and Laughton is great to have back

3. Cinnamon Block, just hit the 50 point mark, who do you think will be next to hit 50?

Either me or Seabass, Fizzlebeef could easily blow past that with more goals scored.

Well since I was one of the first ones of the team I actually started one of the hazing rituals, the ol, shaving creme in the helmet is a good one...

5. What do you think are the odds of this team making it past the first round of the playoffs?

if a certain number of variables fall into place I think it’s a given, we have one of the best back ends in the league, If we can just find the net and score timely goals

6. Willie Dredge @Speed who has been here since the team's inaugural season has been traded, do you have any parting words for the guy?

It’s been an honour man, go tear it up in Calgary! I’m glad we’re not in the same conference

1. If the team hosted an arm wrestling tournament, who do you think would win? - Gert B Frobe is the kind of dude that breaks stuff in half for fun, so that's definitely up his alley. 

2. The trade deadline has passed what do you think of the two deals we've seen? - We added some quality guys, they fit in well with our locker room and I'm confident that they will on the ice too. It was a real bummer to see Dredge go, but sometimes you need to handle the business side of hockey and that's what it was. 

3. Cinnamon Block, just hit the 50 point mark, who do you think will be next to hit 50? - Roll Fizzlebeef is a scoring machine, he's gotta be the next one to 50.

4. Does your team have any hazing rituals? - Brick Wahl is the ultimate rite of passage for any rookie. If you can handle him, nothing else will faze you. 

5. What do you think are the odds of this team making it past the first round of the playoffs? - Pretty good, honestly. We've played well all year and if we can get hot for the playoffs, I really like our odds. 

6. Willie Dredge @Speed who has been here since the team's inaugural season has been traded, do you have any parting words for the guy? - Dredge has been a great teammate on and off the ice, and we're sad to see him go. He'll always be a Phantom though, and he is always welcome here in Prague. 

Unlike the first two folks who replied, I'd have to tip my hat off to Joel Ylonen. The dude is strong as f***. I would not put it past him to win this arm wrestling tournament, he's got that lumberjack kind of look. Thick forearms, all that. 

I've already shared my thoughts in my VHL.com article this week, but yeah - it kinda sucks to see Willie Dredge go. I understand the member's desire to see more production in games. I'm not sure why it hasn't showed here in Prague, I wish him nothing but the best of luck in Calgary and hope he produces like crazy. Except in the Cup Finals if we meet. Then I'm shutting his ass down. 

Goddamnit. He's been eating up the second line. I wish that was me last year when I was playing on the second line. I haven't produced like that since my rookie year when it was free-for-all. Anyways it looks like Seabass Perrin, my blue line mate might be next. He's been on the money lately with his assists. Alex Pearson could be next too if he finds a hot hand. Other than that, it kinda feels like we've been limited on offense like in the past. I'm not sure why it is so hard for us lol. 

I am not at liberty to speak on this. The Phantoms and the VHL frowns upon any kind of public practices of hazing, so I'll just leave it at that. 

If we secure the first seed in the European Conference, we're definitely moving on from the first round with ease. If we end up number two, that's where it will be a little tricky. But as long as our defense is stellar as it has been all season and with Brick between the posts, I like our chances. 

6. Willie Dredge @Speed who has been here since the team's inaugural season has been traded, do you have any parting words for the guy?

I hope we meet once again in the Cup Finals. It would be cool for us to go up against each other for all the marbles like we've talked about on all of those road trips/flights through our Yukon days as well as here in Prague. 

I think Cinnamon Block. He's a beast.

Well, one of the deals brought be to Prague so hopefully these deals start building toward a championship!

Kind of the easy answer but Perrin @Sebster03 has been on a roll the last few games so I'll say him.

Gosh, I hope not! I'm the new guys! Lol.

Very good. As long as we continue to improve throughout the rest of the season, even though all the top teams are even, we have the guys to get into the next round.

6. Willie Dredge @Speed who has been here since the team's inaugural season has been traded, do you have any parting words for the guy?

Didn't know you, but take care of the Wranglers! Good luck with your Cup hopes and maybe we'll see you in the Finals!

21 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

Seabass Perrin all day!

It's tough to lose a valuable member of your team, but I like the fire which our news guys are showing. 

Alex Pearson will a cheeky points streak!

No comment.

Good. I think we learnt a lot since last year. 

Just thank you for everything you've done to help shape the team. We will be routing for you. 

On 4/22/2020 at 7:15 AM, Sebster03 said:

New questions!

I'm a little upset nobody has picked me. I mean cmon, I'm swole as hell.

Since I'm one of the deals I think we did the best we could do.

Obviously me. Next game I'll go out and score 40 points and get accused of using PEDs.

If we do, I don't participate. 

I think we've improved enough from last season that we'll definitely get past the first round.

Have a good rest of the season. You were a pretty solid teammate and I wish the best for you in the future.

more questions, get that tpe!

1. Who owns the reputation of snoring the loudest on your team?

2. Who do you think has the slickest hands?

3. The Phantoms have a reputation of playing a rough bruising brand of hockey, who do you think best exemplifies this reputation?

4. We have scored 3 goals in the last six games, what needs to go differently out there?

5. Who goes the hardest at the gym?

6. Is there a player in the VHL that just gets under your skin on the ice?

1. Who owns the reputation of snoring the loudest on your team? - That miiiiight be me. ?

2. Who do you think has the slickest hands? - It's Brick Wahl, no question about it. It's probably not the kind of hands you're asking about, but he's so quick with both the glove and blocker hands. Without him, this is a very different season for us. 

3. The Phantoms have a reputation of playing a rough bruising brand of hockey, who do you think best exemplifies this reputation? - Roll Fizzlebeef is definitely the dangerous forward on our roster, but myself and Blake Laughton are both the kind of physical, imposing presences that other teams don't like to share the ice with. It's even worse for them when Gert B. Frobe is out there as well, he's another dominant physical presence that perfectly exemplifies what people think of when you talk about Prague's reputation. 

4. We have scored 3 goals in the last six games, what needs to go differently out there? The goalie needs to get out of the damn way! No, but seriously, I think we're trying to be too fine out there and it just isn't working. How pretty a goal is doesn't make it worth more on the scoreboard, so we need to get back to crowding the net and burying those greasy goals. As good as Brick has been, he can't also score goals, so we've got to provide more run support for him than we have been. 

5. Who goes the hardest at the gym? - Cinnamon Block has an absolutely elite work ethic, and it's no surprise that she emerged as one of not only the best defensemen of the VHL, but as an elite one to boot. She's going to be the face of this franchise for the foreseeable future. 

6. Is there a player in the VHL that just gets under your skin on the ice? - There is no difference: anyone who gets in our way will be taken down. 

Joel Ylonen

Alex Pearson - top scoring forward

3. The Phantoms have a reputation of playing a rough bruising brand of hockey, who do you think best exemplifies this reputation?

Gert B Frobe - look at those PIMS!

4. We have scored 3 goals in the last six games, what needs to go differently out there?

Maybe changing up our lines can help, stop people feeling complacent.

Thomas Landry II - thats how he gets so many hits. 

Nobody in particular, but each team has a player who likes to chirp you. 

You guys don't know it yet, but - it's me. Sorry!

I"m going to say Joel Ylonen. As slick as buttered ice.

Thomas Landry II and Gert B Frobe. Landry II straight up crushes guys and Frobe is a maniac. Frobe leads the team in PIM and has 4 fights.

We need to shoot more and get more shots in the dangerous areas. Sometimes we are too focused on the hit and not realizing there is a better play that could be made which could result in a scoring chance.

Cinnamon Block. That's why he leads the team in scoring. He's jacked.

I'd have to say Kristopher McDagg @Viperxhawks19 on Toronto. Played with him in Saskatoon and love the guy but he's a pest and never gives you any space on the ice.

• 2 weeks later...

1. What is your go to tune right now to jam out to on your way to a game?

2. What are your thoughts on your team's first round exit against Riga?

3. What would you have had to do differently as a team to be able to secure that first round victory?

4. Got anything to say to the opposing team that bested you, the Riga Reign?

5. Brick Wahl and Joel Ylonen are both retiring, would you like to mention anything now that they both played their final games in the VHL?

6. Do you feel like the Phantoms can make a return to the playoffs next year?

Edited by Seabass

1. What is your go to tune right now to jam out to on your way to a game? - Gods of War by Manowar, it'll have you ready to fight anything... maybe I should find something else to keep my PIMs down next season...

2. What are your thoughts on your team's first round exit against Riga? - There's no way to sugarcoat it: this was a bitter disappointment. We had a great year, got up 2-0, then wasted everything in the next four games. Brick and Joel deserved better for their final season, but as a team, Riga gave us what we deserved for how we played. They executed when we couldn't. This loss will be on our hands until we avenge it.

3. What would you have had to do differently as a team to be able to secure that first round victory? - For starters, we needed to stay out of the penalty box. You can't play sloppy, undisciplined hockey in the playoffs and a team like Riga will take full advantage of that. Prague as a team needs to work on that going into next season. Additionally, our offensive play must be better. Too many games we relied on Brick to work miracles, but moving on, we need to give our boy Crawford run support as he takes the crease next season.

4. Got anything to say to the opposing team that bested you, the Riga Reign? - The better team won. It was a fun series, wish we could've won, but Riga did all the things we needed to do. Go get that Cup!

5. Brick Wahl and Joel Ylonen are both retiring, would you like to mention anything now that they both played their final games in the VHL? - I just want to apologize to them for their careers ending this way. You deserved to be champions for all you did for Prague and the VHL, and we all let you down. This will haunt me until the Cup comes to Prague, and even then I don't know if it will ease the pain of this failure. 

6. Do you feel like the Phantoms can make a return to the playoffs next year? - We're ready to finish what we started this season. I don't know what the off-season has in store for us, but we're going to be stronger regardless of what happens. We have no other choice. 

Ignition by TobyMac or Anthem of the Lonely by Nine Lashes

I think we caught them napping in the first two games and being at home helped us. Then their experience took over. The are the more veteran skilled team and it showed. We can learn from this series though: Don't take your foot off the gas and stay out of the penalty box. Also, the refs take booze not money.

3. What would you have had to do differently as a team to be able to secure that first round victory?

Again, stay out of the box and don't squander leads. Our inexperience and lack of discipline got the better of us.

The better team won this time. We have your calling card though and we'll meet again. You had a good run, good luck next season.

5. Brick Wahl and Joel Ylonen are both retiring, would you like to mention anything now that they both played their final games in the VHL?

It was an honor to play with them and sit with them in the locker room. They are two of the best pros you'll meet. Sure, maybe they had to learn some lessons to get to this point, but who doesn't? Two genuine, honest humans and I would share a locker room with them again any day.

Definitely. We are losing two key players but our remaining players are training hard and we can make it to the dance next season for sure.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:48 PM, Seabass said:

Probably sleeping sickness by city and colour

It sucks, massively, but we’re gonna come back next year with a chip on our shoulder.

Take less penalties definitely.

Honestly, my old teammates are in Riga, so I wish them the best!

It was an honour!

Oh Absolutely!

1. Pearson made a article featuring hot pockets, what is your favourite hot pocket?

2. Now that the offseason is going, what have you been spending all your new free time doing?

3. The Phantoms have traded for the rights of Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen @flyersfan1453 and Gritty @ContinentalCup036 . What is your best sales pitch in order to help get them onboard?

4. How's the family life? Do you have partner? Kids?

5. Would you rather a fresh pie or a cake?

6. What's your favorite summetime activity?

4 minutes ago, Seabass said:

1. Pearson made a article featuring hot pockets, what is your favourite hot pocket?

2. Now that the offseason is going, what have you been spending all your new free time doing?

3. The Phantoms have traded for the rights of Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen @flyersfan1453 and Gritty @ContinentalCup036 . What is your best sales pitch in order to help get them onboard?

6. What's your favorite summetime activity?

1 depends on my mood, I like the meatball mozzarella ones and the pizza ones pretty equally

2 lots and lots of FM

3 nostalgia, I have history with both

4 engaged - no kids, don't plan to either - being paid regularly during the quarantine, but not having anywhere to spend it, has set me up well for paying for the wedding

5 PIE. ALWAYS PIE.

6 vacations

I don't believe I've ever eaten a hot pocket before. 

Doing some work, a bit of stuff around the house, and now that it's nice, some yard work. And some camping.

3. The Phantoms have traded for the rights of Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen @flyersfan1453 and Gritty @ContinentalCup036 . What is your best sales pitch in order to help get them onboard?

Prague would love to have you! We have one of the best locker rooms in the VHL and we work hard and support each other. You'd get ice time and a real shot at a championship.

IRL Married with 4 kids.

Pie, definitely! Almost any pie would do. The only cakes that might sway me are carrot cake with real cream cheese icing or the chocolate Skor cake my mom would make. ?

6. What's your favorite summertime activity?

Swimming, hiking, camping

#Phamily Press Conference

1. In spite of some player losses in the off-season and free agency, in what area do you think the Phantoms have improved the most?

2. Do you think Prague has a realistic shot at winning the European Conference in S72?

3. What is your summer drink of choice?

4. What book/movie have you read/watched recently that you would recommend to your teammates?

5. What advice do you have for our two newly drafted prospects, Riley Knight Gee @KnightRiley and Ernie King @Greg Ernest?

6. Last year, Brick Wahl had his best season and set numerous career-highs. Which stat do you think you can set a career-high in this season?

7. Who do you think was the biggest snub at the VHL S71 Awards?

1. In spite of some player losses in the off-season and free agency, in what area do you think the Phantoms have improved the most? - It's easily the team unity. As the name of the press conference says, the team became a Phamily over the off-season, even more so than during the past season. Everybody's thrilled to be here and work towards winning the Cup.

2. Do you think Prague has a realistic shot at winning the European Conference in S72? - As long as we make the playoffs, I'd say we do. Clearly we aren't the favorites, but the games aren't played on paper. I believe in my teammates. 

3. What is your summer drink of choice? - Nothing like a good Angry Orchard while enjoying the weather. 

4. What book/movie have you read/watched recently that you would recommend to your teammates? - To The Last Man by Jeffrey Shaara. Really personal view into World War I from multiple perspectives and it shows you how terrible it was. 

5. What advice do you have for our two newly drafted prospects, Riley Knight Gee @KnightRiley and Ernie King @Greg Ernest? - Keep working hard! Opportunities will present themselves to you to help you develop into the best player you can be, but there is no substitute for hard work and consistent earning. 

6. Last year, Brick Wahl had his best season and set numerous career-highs. Which stat do you think you can set a career-high in this season? - I had a decent rookie season, but I need to step up and smash those totals this season. Hits, goals, points... I just need to be even better. 

7. Who do you think was the biggest snub at the VHL S71 Awards? - It really rubbed me the wrong way that staff awarded one of their own the Elmebeck Memorial Trophy, but I really can't think of an award that the recipient didn't deserve.