Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

On 6/14/2021 at 3:30 PM, tinafrombobsburgers said:

Miami Marauders Press Conference for week ending 6/20/21:

1. With their very impressive starts; how big of pick ups were Barry Bonds Jr. and Bill Nye for Miami? 

2. Who on the team do you think has the most potential in their VHL career? 

3. If you’re in the VHLm again next season what would you want from Miami as an organization to fill your needs and desire to stay?!

4. What is your personal highlight of this season as a Marauder?

get to know you questions 

5. Do you read a lot of books? (If so what is your favourite) 

6. Do you have any tattoos? (How many and if not would you want one) 

1. Pretty important as the team doesn't have much beyond that

2. Probably Poopy Peepants or whatever his name is

3. I will be in the VHLM next season but it's all up to Miami as to whether or not they select me

4. Signing there and playing games right away

5. I do love reading, mostly read fantasy novels

6. I don't have any as of yet but have been planning a sleeve for many years

1. With their very impressive starts; how big of pick ups were Barry Bonds Jr. and Bill Nye for Miami? 
It doesn't seem to have translated on the ice just yet, but they both have great potential. Nye might be a little too balanced right now, but players like that can grow into their role after a few years. Bonds has some muscle on him, just like his pops, and he can throw it around.

In addition to having an awesome name, Poopy Peepants plays like a great all-around defenseman who can do everything well. Players like that can go far in their careers.

3. If you’re in the VHLM again next season what would you want from Miami as an organization to fill your needs and desire to stay?!

I'm definitely going to be in the VHLM again next season...I joined Miami off the bat because I know the general manager from back in the day, which isn't the case with most teams, but for a full season I'd definitely prefer the team be more competitive than it is this year,

I know defensemen aren't always the best scorers, so it's been nice to kick off my career as a point-per-game player, even if it's just through a handful of games.

5. Do you read a lot of books? (If so what is your favorite) 

Not lately, but I love the Witcher stuff so I've read through those books when I've had the chance. I loved the games and the show, and from what I've read the books seem just as good.

Nah, dude, I'm a chameleon. My skin is cool enough without ink.

On 6/15/2021 at 8:27 AM, JardyB10 said:

PP: They were huge for sure. We haven't been able to win much all season. We still haven't, but they're at least doing their part.

PP: I think Roberts Stutzle @Coldex would be up there for sure. He was drafted pretty late to the Wranglers, who are already pretty solid. He could help that team keep winning and never have to rebuild.

3. If you’re in the VHLM again next season what would you want from Miami as an organization to fill your needs and desire to stay?!

PP: It's warm here so I don't mind staying for any conditions. Maybe we'll win more? That would be cool I guess.

PP: I got a couple of goals so that was pretty exciting. Jardy shook his head disapprovingly though so I don't know...

Nope! But I love me some A Song of Ice and Fire

No, but I would like to get some eventually. I would want a nice, dope, expensive one though. Not sure of what.

;)

On 6/14/2021 at 9:00 AM, tinafrombobsburgers said:

3. If you’re in the VHLm again next season what would you want from Miami as an organization to fill your needs and desire to stay?!

1. They have a huge impact! And thats good!

2. Me or Mikey.

3. Don’t matter, I am loyal!

4.Every first star performance!

5. Not really, but my favourite is Harry Potter.

6. Don’t have any but would like one!

1. With their very impressive starts; how big of pick ups were Barry Bonds Jr. and Bill Nye for Miami? Huge. They’ve helped bring a fresh attitude to the team 

2. Who on the team do you think has the most potential in their VHL career? Em Em Flex of course. He will be a stud 

3. If you’re in the VHLm again next season what would you want from Miami as an organization to fill your needs and desire to stay?! Just draft me and let me go all in

4. What is your personal highlight of this season as a Marauder? Just having so much fun with all my teammates 

5. Do you read a lot of books? (If so what is your favourite) I like non fiction. A lot of biographies and stuff about the end of the world etc

6. Do you have any tattoos? (How many and if not would you want one) I do have 4 so far. Plan on getting more later this year too. 

Miami Marauders Press Conference for week ending 6/27/21:

1. With a few games left in the season, how do you think your player fared this year? 

2. What is one thing in the off season you would like to focus on??

3. Would you ever be interested in management roles in the future? 

4. If given the opportunity would you like Miami to draft you or retain you next season?

get to know you questions:

5. What is your favourite summer activity?!

6. Do you play video games? If so what is your favourite?!

1. With a few games left in the season, how do you think your player fared this year? 
Not too shabby. I didn't expect too much for this first season, but I intend to be more impactful next time around.

Offense because who doesn't like goals?

Probably not. I tried my hand at it, it's not for me.

4. If given the opportunity would you like Miami to draft you or retain you next season?

I wouldn't mind at all! Florida Man should be in Florida!

5. What is your favorite summer activity?!

Anything that can keep me inside and out of the heat. Jokes aside I go on a week long vacation with a few buddies once a year that I look forward to for the other 358 days.

6. Do you play video games? If so what is your favorite?! 

I'm usually pretty cyclical with what games I play. I'll play NHL, Madden, then the Show, and so on. My all-time favorite is Halo: Reach. I grew up playing Halo, but my best years were when Reach was out. 

On 6/14/2021 at 2:00 AM, tinafrombobsburgers said:

1. massive best players on the team imo, should give em first line minutes

2. jason deramo because reasons

3. first line minutes and sum cookies, and maybe a chocy milk if im down bad

4. skinny dipping with the bois

5. absolutely not

6. no 

I think he fared pretty well. I think his offensive production could have been a bit closer to a point per game, but I'm pleased to be leading the league in Shots Blocked (even if that number is a bit inflated on bad teams) and to be Top 10 in Hits.

I'll continue focusing on Defence and Passing, then probably bring all my non-Scoring attributes to 70 if they aren't already.

Sometimes the appeal comes to me, but that time is passed for me I think. I can't reliably be around, so I'm not in a good position to be a leader of any kind. Being an AGM could be fun, but those are probably better suited to those who want to keep moving up.

For sure, I'd like to finish what we started, whatever that may be!

Ah, if only I wasn't working constantly and could actually enjoy summer! Drinks around a fire are always nice, but I love getting to the beach when I can.

Most definitely, but it's tough to pick a favourite. I generally like to game with my friends, and most recently that's been with Crusader Kings 3, Phasmophobia, and Age of Empires II.

1. With a few games left in the season, how do you think your player fared this year? It’s been a rough year. But looking forward to next season already

2. What is one thing in the off season you would like to focus on?? Just earning those teeps and being a stud goalie 

3. Would you ever be interested in management roles in the future? No. Sths is the devil 

4. If given the opportunity would you like Miami to draft you or retain you next season? Ya I’m definitely hoping that’s the case. I’ve had a lot of fun here 

5. What is your favourite summer activity? Camping probably. Or slo pitch. So much fun. Even better combining the two?

6. Do you play video games? If so what is your favourite?! When I have time I do. Favourites lately are far cry 5 or Skyrim 

On 6/21/2021 at 1:32 PM, tinafrombobsburgers said:

Miami Marauders Press Conference for week ending 6/27/21:

1. I mean didn't play much, also didn't do much. Want to hit but no hit 

2. More hitting learn how to hit more

3. Nah

4. Yeah would be cool to return to Miami fo sho

5. Drinking beer and BBQing

6. Yeah, currently replaying Zelda and Skyrim on Switch

Pretty well, I suppose, given I only played in a handful of games after the trade deadline. It was good enough to create a solid foundation moving forward.

Boosting my defensive abilities outside of just defense. I seem to have a decent enough shot but I don't see myself driving play from the point all that often.

If my time(s) in this league have taught me anything, it's that I tend to get sucked in and set myself up for burnout. Fortunately, I feel like not being on Discord kind of precludes me from ever really being considered, so I don't think that's going to be an issue this time around.

Absolutely. Even though we weren't very good, it was great to get top-pair minutes right off the bat, and I feel like I played well enough to be considered for a full season in that role around here.

Not going outside in the heat. I spent wayyyyy too much time inside last year (although I'm guessing most people did), so even being able to take walks when the weather cooperates would be nice.

I'm really more of a board gamer, to the point that the video game I spend the most time playing these days is the Steam version of Gloomhaven. On the PS5, I'm working through the FF7 Remake intermission episode now...I've already Platinumed the base game and the ported original version. I also clearly have a place in my heart for MMX.

• 4 weeks later...

708511857308074024.png.219fa2af2201029b0c235bd38d2eb077.png Miami Marauders Press Conference 708511857308074024.png.41f06fa8dd439e6b86526b2ec34adcb3.png

Week Ending July 25th 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. With this week being the start of the new season what are your expectations for the team?
2. What are your personal goals for this season?

3. What team in the VHLM do you think will win the cup this season?
4. You just received a new AGM...Do you run him out of town ASAP?

5. What pieces do you think the team is missing?

6. What part of your game will you work on the most this season?

Edited by Xflexz

On 7/21/2021 at 1:16 PM, Xflexz said:

708511857308074024.png.219fa2af2201029b0c235bd38d2eb077.png Miami Marauders Press Conference 708511857308074024.png.41f06fa8dd439e6b86526b2ec34adcb3.png

Week Ending July 25th 2021

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. With this week being the start of the new season what are your expectations for the team?

1. We play for the chip. That's all we want. It's a fail if we don't reach that goal.

2. To strike fear into my opposition.

3. Miami Marauders. But then again I don't think that. I know that.

4. He's a Cardinals fan. What do you think??

5. Did you see the draft we had?????   We have everything to be great. I guess you can say we are lacking the chemistry but in time, that'll build.

6. Get better defensively and be able to make plays for others.

To win the cup, everyone wants to win and hopefully we can make that happen in Miami.

To outscore my father who had 14 goals and 26 assists in his first full season.  Also better beat his -53.

Miami, until proven otherwise I think we can win.

I'm new too so may as well give him a shot.

I don't know, we seem to have a great team so maybe just missing the chemistry to start.

Probably my offensive side as my physical and defensive side are decent but need a bit more offense to be a better player.  

Week Ending August 1st 2021

1. Season has begun! Are you happy with your performance in this first week?
2. Did you have any pre game nerves prior to the season opener?

3. How are you getting along with the team?
4. We're off to a slow start...Do you think we turn this around quickly?

5. What is your biggest dream?

6. When did you first learn to skate?

I don't have expectations for the team per say, mostly for myself, Hopefully I can be solid on our side of the ice and help out the defenders and goalies.

To win the best defensive forward and be in the running for such an award every year of my career.

I haven't looked at any of the other teams, so I have no idea.

No

I haven't really even looked at my own team really, I just go to the gym workout and do my job on the ice.

Defense wins championships

1. Season has begun! Are you happy with your performance in this first week?

No not really.  Had a great first game and then had a cold streak.

2. Did you have any pre game nerves prior to the season opener?

No, just very excited to be playing again.

3. How are you getting along with the team?

We have a great group and guys are great even if I don't say much.

4. We're off to a slow start...Do you think we turn this around quickly?

For sure we just need time to develop some chemistry

5. What is your biggest dream?

To win multiple cups.

6. When did you first learn to skate?

3 years old on the Moscow ice while my dad played there.

Week Ending August 8th 2021

1. The team seems to have really picked up the pace. Do you think that's because of one player or a overall team improvement?
2. We made a trade recently. Do you think this trade is going to help the team win a cup?

3. We are just over a quarter of the way through the season. Have you been performing the way you expected so far?
4. Do you think the team should make any more trades to help put the team over the edge?

5. Our GM just announced he's retiring from the VHLM after 17 season down here. Is there anything you want to tell him?

6. With the GM retiring there will be an open administrative spot here in Miami. Are going to apply or stick to being a player only?

1. The team seems to have really picked up the pace. Do you think that's because of one player or a overall team improvement?

I think it's overall team improvement and guys developing chemistry with each other 

2. We made a trade recently. Do you think this trade is going to help the team win a cup?

Yes for sure. We are playing some good hockey now and we will only get better.

3. We are just over a quarter of the way through the season. Have you been performing the way you expected so far?

Yes I think I have been playing well, much better lately.  As a hitting defenseman it's good to be in the top 5 and I'm getting more points lately.

4. Do you think the team should make any more trades to help put the team over the edge?

I think we have a great team here but if management thinks we need an improvement I am all for it.  Just hope it's not me going the other way.

5. Our GM just announced he's retiring from the VHLM after 17 season down here. Is there anything you want to tell him?

It's been great playing for you even if just a short time.  Maybe we meet again in the VHLE.

6. With the GM retiring there will be an open administrative spot here in Miami. Are going to apply or stick to being a player only?

Nope, just a player only for me

Week Ending August 15th 2021

1. The team has made a lot of moves so far this season. Are you happy with them or you indifferent?
2. The team has come alive and we are rocketing to the top of the standings. Are you surprised by this?

3. Tomorrow we will play game 36 which will mark us making it halfway through the season.. Are you satisfied with your performance thus far?
4. Trivia is back and is not dead! Are you excited to not have to do an extra task now that trivia is here?

5. Are there any more moves you think the team should make or are we already destined to win the cup with the current roster?

6. Have you been thinking about your future past this season and if so what are you most excited for?

1. The team has made a lot of moves so far this season. Are you happy with them or you indifferent?

Happy with them as they seem to be working.  We have been playing great so the moves are great

2. The team has come alive and we are rocketing to the top of the standings. Are you surprised by this?

No, I knew we would do well once we developed some chemistry as we have a great group here.

3. Tomorrow we will play game 36 which will mark us making it halfway through the season.. Are you satisfied with your performance thus far?

Yes I am playing better offensively lately and I am continue to make myself felt on the ice with my physical play.

4. Trivia is back and is not dead! Are you excited to not have to do an extra task now that trivia is here?

Yes love that 2 TPE

5. Are there any more moves you think the team should make or are we already destined to win the cup with the current roster?

I think we are destined for the cup now but whatever management feels is necessary im all for.

6. Have you been thinking about your future past this season and if so what are you most excited for?

I am excited to see where I go in the VHL draft and excited to try out the VHLE one day.

On 8/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, Xflexz said:

Week Ending August 15th 2021

3. Tomorrow we will play game 36 which will mark us making it halfway through the season.. Are you satisfied with your performance thus far?

Hello Miami, been awhile!

1. The top of the league has a lot of competition and the moves help Miami keep competing. As long as the team fights for another Cup I'll be happy with them!
2. Of course not because it's Miami! The team has a lot of momentum and it's important to keep on it.
3. Game 36 is long past at this point but a 30-12 record is fantastic! If the team keeps this going it'll be a fun post-season.
4. I rely on trivia so much. I absolutely hate grading people's work for TPE so this is a much welcomed return for me.
5. The team already has a ton of talent but if the opportunity came up to add some depth to the forwards that could be what the team needs to seal the deal. 
6. Of course! Phoenix Dawson was recently traded to New York and I'm looking forward to seeing his career play out there. 

Week Ending August 22nd 2021

1. We're only 5 points behind 2nd place and we have a game in hand. Do we make the jump from 5th to 2nd this week?
2. Mississauga has all but run away with first place. Do you think any team has a chance at catching them?

3. We are essentially playoff bound. How far do you expect us to go?
4. What have you been doing in your spare time?

5. Do you expect Miami to make some big moves at the deadline?

6. How long did it take you to learn how to stop on ice skates without the assistance of falling or the boards?

We're only 5 points behind 2nd place and we have a game in hand. Do we make the jump from 5th to 2nd this week?

I don't think we will eventhough we have been playing great hockey lately as the Reapers are on a role as well.

2. Mississauga has all but run away with first place. Do you think any team has a chance at catching them?

No at this point in the season I don't see it happening so we will need to take em down in the playoffs.

3. We are essentially playoff bound. How far do you expect us to go?

I expect is to get to the final 4 at least but obviously we want the cup.

4. What have you been doing in your spare time?

Watching mostly cooking shows plus some shark week episodes I'm still catching up on.

5. Do you expect Miami to make some big moves at the deadline?

I hope we can make a move that brings us the cup.  I'm just a player so will go out there and do my job.

6. How long did it take you to learn how to stop on ice skates without the assistance of falling or the board?

I have no idea, it's been so long I can't remember but I was young I think.