Anyone else not do discord?

eaglesfan036

So I will pop into discord for like 5-10 minutes, but it's almost like a full time job keeping up with what everyone is saying there half the time. And that is just the general chat. We also have a discord room bot for seemingly everything under the sun with a pokemon discord, dog discord, gambling discord, politics discord. Then I am also a part of team discords. I am also annoyed that every time you join a new discord, you get pinged for every single comment in every single discord post in the different subsections of that discord. First thing I always do is turn pings onto being tagged only, otherwise my phone would be blowing up with discord pings all day. Also, for some reason discord is way easier to navigate on my phone than my laptop, as I can never find where things are on laptop discord.

Mute

Anyone

Who

Talks like

This

Exx-D

lol

Going onto the general chat lately is more annoying than it is beneficial, my eyes feel like they’re burning up trying to search for a composed sentence... again just lately. 

9 hours ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

I am also annoyed that every time you join a new discord, you get pinged for every single comment in every single discord post in the different subsections of that discord. First thing I always do is turn pings onto being tagged only, otherwise my phone would be blowing up with discord pings all day.

Smart server owners can set that to be the default setting

I enjoy Discord, but I have certainly noticed that some of the VHL discords are almost overwhelming. The VHL Discord absolutely is. It's non-stop activity. My VHLM Discord is also incredibly busy, so it's impossible to keep up with. For some, I'm sure that's awesome. For me, I enjoy more the locker rooms that have a moderate amount of activity and where team-oriented information can be shared and not buried in walls of text within minutes. For that, I think there is still value in using an on-site locker room. I had success while GMing in the SBA using the Club feature on the forum to operate as an on-site headquarters for team updates and what not and that allowed the discord to function as a true locker room, where you just shoot the shit. I do wish that was more of a thing, but to each their own.

Also

couldn't

agree

more

@Peace lol

• Commissioner
38 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

I always liked forum LRs a lot more than discord but since everybody on every single league moved to discord, it's like you don't have a choice anymore.

This is annoyingly where my brain is at. I much preferred when everything was on the forum and it felt like you could actually have a conversation. Discord moves too quickly and buries everything so there’s no kind of permanence. Makes it impossible to catch up with anything that you missed.

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Beketov said:

This is annoyingly where my brain is at. I much preferred when everything was on the forum and it felt like you could actually have a conversation. Discord moves too quickly and buries everything so there’s no kind of permanence. Makes it impossible to catch up with anything that you missed.

y'all should come to Moscow, the bastion of old sim league

When you're actually online, Discord is better for general conversation. Communication is much more efficient and it's a super powerful tool for talking to people in general. If your thing is reading every single message, then yeah, Discord isn't enjoyable, especially in an active environment.

The forums are where it's at for actual meaningful discussion, Discord is where it's at when you just want to shoot the shit and have time to do it. I understand the value of the forum and have stood against ideas which would lead to even less forum activity, but I wouldn't trade my server for anything.

Edited by GustavMattias