S72 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Victor

S72 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting  

122 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Who do you think was individually the most outstanding player in the VHL in S72?

• Jet Jaguar (MOS/DAV) - 37G, 60A, 97P, 15, 139PIM, 241HIT, 27SB
    • Condor Adrienne (MAL) - 35G, 65A, 100P, -29, 165PIM, 254HIT, 188SB
    • Julius Freeman (VAN/NYA) - 45G, 42A, 87P, 23, 129PIM, 278HIT, 33SB
    • Raymond Bernard (MOS) - 65GP, 30-27-8, 0.924SV%, 2.47GAA, 4SO, 2093SA
    • Jacques Lafontaine (CGY) - 64GP, 45-13-6, 0.924SV%, 2.31GAA, 2SO, 1967SA

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

most outstanding player not choke artist

It really is outstanding how hard he fell off though

4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

sad face GIF

Listen we all have our narratives. Getting the rise before the inevitable fall may be a heart breaker on them HoF chances but it's a hell of a lot more exciting than a 9 point season. Of course you'll just have to take my word on that one.

whoa whoa whoa

Why is everyone voting Adrienne?   We all know that 1 good player on a shit team is OP in STHS, and therefore is undeserving of any accolades.  Plus, he already won the Swatzowski for most points.

The real winner here should be Jet Jaguar, reasoning as follows:

- Best PP/20 in the league. (0.95 compares to Adrienne's 0.90)

- Only player in the top 10 of both goals AND assists

- Most shots in the league

- 2nd best FO% in the league

- Dragged HC Davos to a playoff birth (1st star on VHL's last VSN writeup of the season)

- HC Davos point difference with/without Jaguar.......  Without (S71) 55 points ||   With (S72) 77 points

- 23 of Adrienne's 36 goals were PP goals. The second-most PP goals in S72 was 13 by Landry 2.  If this doesn't explicitly prove out the 1 good player on worst team in league known STHS phenomena, I don't know what will

- 2227 minutes played by Adrienne compared to 2052 minutes played by Jaguar...   175 more minutes played for a result of 3 more points??? Cmon now.

- Jaguar +15  //  Adrienne -29

HOW ON EARTH IS THE MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER OF THE LEAGUE A -29??  HE LITERALLY HAS THE WORST +/- IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.

FINALLY I am the most electrifying and legendary VHL members of all time. Jaguar is in desperate need of individual hardware to breach the Hall of Fame. Green (OrbitingDeath or w/e his name is) already has at least 1 HoFer, and arguably the best VHL player of all-time (Thomas O'Malley). He does NOT deserve this award point-blank period. He already has his place in VHL HoF.

This award should rightfully be mine. 3 points isn't enough to deny me my place in the VHL Hall of Fame, especially when Adrienne abused the well-known STHS bullshit tactic of 1 good player on a shit team. 

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, gorlab said:

whoa whoa whoa

Why is everyone voting Adrienne?   We all know that 1 good player on a shit team is OP in STHS, and therefore is undeserving of any accolades.  Plus, he already won the Swatzowski for most points.

The real winner here should be Jet Jaguar, reasoning as follows:

- Best PP/20 in the league. (0.95 compares to Adrienne's 0.90)

- Only player in the top 10 of both goals AND assists

- Most shots in the league

- 2nd best FO% in the league

- Dragged HC Davos to a playoff birth (1st star on VHL's last VSN writeup of the season)

- HC Davos point difference with/without Jaguar.......  Without (S71) 55 points ||   With (S72) 77 points

- 23 of Adrienne's 36 goals were PP goals. The second-most PP goals in S72 was 13 by Landry 2.  If this doesn't explicitly prove out the 1 good player on worst team in league known STHS phenomena, I don't know what will

- 2227 minutes played by Adrienne compared to 2052 minutes played by Jaguar...   175 more minutes played for a result of 3 more points??? Cmon now.

- Jaguar +15  //  Adrienne -29

HOW ON EARTH IS THE MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER OF THE LEAGUE A -29??  HE LITERALLY HAS THE WORST +/- IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.

Bernard...

8 minutes ago, gorlab said:

MOP, not MVP

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, McWolf said:

MOP, not MVP

5 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Someone give me a single arguement besides "100 POINTS IS MORE THAN 97 POINTS, DURR DURR DURR" for Adrienne over Jaguar.

I think that sums it up. I mean you can have an outstanding player on a team who doesn't provide much value. Adrienne would be fun to watch but was the only one on Malmo who did well. 

MVP is Bernard IMO, he carried Moscow even without Jaguar. In fact Moscow got better after the Jaguar trade so Jaguar != MOP || MVP. 

But I still love you @gorlab

Edited by Acydburn

Just now, McWolf said:

Pretending +/- is a good stat?

:planetofapes:

literally the worst +/- in the league

:planetofapes:

but hey, he had 3 more points!!! WOW, WHAT A SUPERSTAR!!! MOP FOR SURE. 

9 minutes ago, gorlab said:

FINALLY I am the most electrifying and legendary VHL members of all time. Jaguar is in desperate need of individual hardware to breach the Hall of Fame. Green (OrbitingDeath or w/e his name is) already has at least 1 HoFer, and arguably the best VHL player of all-time (Thomas O'Malley). He does NOT deserve this award point-blank period. He already has his place in VHL HoF.

This award should rightfully be mine. 3 points isn't enough to deny me my place in the VHL Hall of Fame, especially when Adrienne abused the well-known STHS bullshit tactic of 1 good player on a shit team. 

and yes, I know that I'm already too late to do anything about this, seeing as 60 votes for Adrienne occured by mouth-breathers who don't look at anything besides the point total, but fuck it, VHL could use some entertainment regardless, right?

Just now, gorlab said:

Someone give me a single arguement besides "100 POINTS IS MORE THAN 97 POINTS, DURR DURR DURR" for Adrienne over Jaguar.

1. Adrienne is a defenseman, and a defenseman putting up 100 points is more impressive than a forward putting up 100 points, regardless of what team they're on.  So Jaguar has a higher points/20 average than Adrienne, sure, but that would be something I would consider more if Adrienne and Jaguar were both forwards.  A defenseman winning the Szatkowski hasn't happened, as far as I can tell, since Season 14.  That's outstanding to me.

2. Adrienne has a bad plus/minus because he played a lot of minutes for a bad team.  I don't think that much of a bad plus/minus can be attributed to individual performance.

3. The "good player on a bad team" argument is something that, to me, should be considered more for the MVP conversation (same goes for the argument related to Jaguar's performance affecting Davos).  And Adrienne won't (or at least shouldn't) win MVP.  But in this case, I personally tend to consider Most Outstanding as an award given to the player with the most uniquely impressive statistical output in a season - which was Adrienne.  That's because of the impressive point output for a defenseman, along with his hit total and power play goals total (especially for a defenseman).  Even if you consider the "good player on a bad team" effect, 1) we've given players who benefited from this the Slobo before, and 2) I can't think of the last time it's had this strong of an effect on a defenseman rather than a forward.