Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

1. Regular season finished! Are you happy with your performance this year?

It was ok, got of to a very hot start but then cooled down over the season.  I'd say an average season so not too bad.

2. We were unable to get that 1st position locked up by just 2 points, how do we get over that going into the first round?

We just have to keep working hard and throwing pucks at the net.  We are at our best when we dictate the tempo.

3. Playoffs! What are you doing extra to make sure we succeed this year?

Making sure to give it my all every shift.  I am not a physical player but being on the team has elevated that part of my game a bit

4. Give yourself a pat on the back, we were the highest scoring team since season 64. What had us firing on all gears?

We have a great depth on this team and if someone has an off game another guy will make up for it.

5. Are you gonna party like Brady and Gronk when we win the cup this year?

Hell yeah, if they cup falls into the water on a toss so be it.

7. Speaking of Disneyland, do you like amusement parks and which is your favourite? 

They are ok.  I will say Disney world is my favourite, was supposed to go there with my wife last March, we have a baby now so it will be a much different trip when we can travel again.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending March 7th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Warsaw just got its first ever playoff series win in spectacular fashion, pulling off the first reverse sweep in VHL history. How does it feel to be a part of this historical feat?

2. We have gotten our playoff winning streak up to 6 games as we sit up 2-0 against Moscow as of current writing. How do we keep this momentum rolling through the rest of the postseason?

3. What is your prediction for the North American conference finals between Chicago and Vancouver?

4. Which currently eliminated team do you think had the most impressive playoff run and why?

5. If you could only eat one type of bread for the rest of your life what type of bread would it be?

6. Ajay Krishna is up to 2 shutouts in the postseason thus far. What has his performance meant to our playoff run to this point?

7. Rollerblades or rollerskates?

8. If every letter in the alphabet fought (all capitals for the sake of the scenario), which would be last letter standing?

9. Which team do you think ends up winning the lottery?

10. What is your favorite genre of music?

Just now, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Warsaw just got its first ever playoff series win in spectacular fashion, pulling off the first reverse sweep in VHL history. How does it feel to be a part of this historical feat?

2. We have gotten our playoff winning streak up to 6 games as we sit up 2-0 against Moscow as of current writing. How do we keep this momentum rolling through the rest of the postseason?

3. What is your prediction for the North American conference finals between Chicago and Vancouver?

4. Which currently eliminated team do you think had the most impressive playoff run and why?

5. If you could only eat one type of bread for the rest of your life what type of bread would it be?

6. Ajay Krishna is up to 2 shutouts in the postseason thus far. What has his performance meant to our playoff run to this point?

8. If every letter in the alphabet fought (all capitals for the sake of the scenario), which would be last letter standing?

1). I’m so thrilled to be a part of it! A great feat for Warsaw!

2). Throttle down and give it our all. This is it!!

3). I think Chicago pulls it off, but just barely.

4). Prague, they nearly took it to Moscow. Very close!

8). Q. That letter has an absolutely lethal dagger ready to go at all times.

10). I’m all over the place, but love power metal and classical music.

1 hour ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Absolutely electric, was great to be a part of it

2. Pedal to the floor, gotta give 110 % every shift 

3. Don’t know what the series is but I’ll say Vancouver wins

4. Prague for sure pushed Moscow to the absolute limit 

6. his performance had been incredible he’s able to pick the offense up if we have a bad game

10. I like most music I just don’t like rap

Incredible! The first reverse sweep and the first Warsaw series win. Double history!

Well now we are 2-2! We should have swept them with how we played though. Just gotta play our game.

Going to go with Vancouver winning.

Prague because DA is bae and they really put up a fight against Moscow.

I love Rye bread with toast and sandwiches so I have to go Rye.

Krishna is the goat! He has been huge for us and putting together some terrific performances.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:30 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1) Man it was a blast to watch. I think we knew going into that last game that the series was ours so it felt good to cash in on that.

2) Knowing we made it to the finals haha I think our strategy is to trust the team that's been assembled here and stay vigilant.

5) I love myself a good croissant, i'm also a big tortilla guy. Not sure whether they count but that's my answer so

6) A good goalie wins you games, a great goalie wins you series, a star goalie wins you championships. We've got a star.

8) No doubt in my mind that it would be Q. what an absolute unit of a letter, and it's god a lil knife, making it better than O.

10) I like alternative and rap mostly, but I do have a soft spot for shitty pop. 

On 3/2/2021 at 4:30 AM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Yeah was an unreal feeling when it happened, to be able to pull off those big wins was huge for this team

3. I mean knowing now that Chicago has won it all, easy to predict. But would have chose them anyways.

4. Think that Warsaw did, after losing in the finals. To come back in two series from down 3-0 and down 3-1 was huge, but shows that you can't always play from down and that was their downfall again in the finals.

5. Keep it simple with plain white bread

7. Roller blades, do people even still roller-skate 

8. Z (but only if you pronounce it the English way), that thing is vicious 

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending March 14th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1.  At the end of it all, we had a fantastic season and made history in the playoffs (first ever traverse sweep) what went right this year? (Glass half full)
2. However; we just came up short! What went wrong in the finals for Warsaw? (Glass half empty)

3. Already some moves have been made this off season due to cap problems, do you still like our chances next year?

4. One of those moves brought in Venus Thightrap’s rights, great friends of Dear and Glass, both who signed once seeing her brought in. Are you excited at the chance of adding the caliber of player Venus is?

5. What’s doing this off season? Any plans on time off?

6. Are you playing in the World Cup? If not which team are you cheering for 

7. If Warsaw was doing a NHL style “reverse retro” jersey and you got to change the colours of our logo, what would they be?

8. If you had to choose the “BIG 3” of fruits, what would they be and why? 

1.  At the end of it all, we had a fantastic season and made history in the playoffs (first ever traverse sweep) what went right this year? (Glass half full)

Glass half full? I take offence! A lot went right, the team came together!
2. However; we just came up short! What went wrong in the finals for Warsaw? (Glass half empty)

Again poking fun at Glass, huh? Simon T went wrong of course.

3. Already some moves have been made this off season due to cap problems, do you still like our chances next year?

Oh, hell yeah!

4. One of those moves brought in Venus Thightrap’s rights, great friends of Dear and Glass, both who signed once seeing her brought in. Are you excited at the chance of adding the caliber of player Venus is?

Yeah her addition would mean everything to the team! I think we can get back to the finals and hopefully finish it off!

Like most offseasons, Lexi will be continuing her modeling career and working on her conditioning.

Pineapple, Oranges, and Peaches. They are all delicious and living in Georgia, I can go pick fresh peaches in the late spring/early summer, so good.

8 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending March 14th* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

7. If Warsaw was doing a NHL style “reverse retro” jersey and you got to change the colours of our logo, what would they be?

1. The team came together and showed we can beat anyone 

2. Simon decided it wasn’t our time, and we ran into a goalie who was on fire

3. absolutely love our chances this year

4. of course who wouldn’t be, Venus is a fantastic player who elevates her teammates to get the best out of them every game, it would be amazing getting to play with someone who I respect so highly after all this time playing against her

5. going back home and just healing up 

8. Apple, Strawberry and Blueberries, because they all can be good outside of fruit form aka smoothies or pie

1. At the end of it all, we had a fantastic season and made history in the playoffs (first ever traverse sweep) what went right this year? (Glass half fullful)

We had a great group of players and good depth. We never gave up and get working hard to fight back in series but eventually you will lose an elimination game.

2. However; we just came up short! What went wrong in the finals for Warsaw? (Glass half empty)

Our offense was strong and we unfortunately went up against a hot goalie. The sim decided it didn't want us to win after winning all those elimination games.

Yes I think we still have a great team and will be a big threat in Europe

Yes it's always great to play with elite talent. Need to win another cup before retirement after next season.  Too bad he didn't sign with us, we will have to make him regret his decision.

Yes a quarter finals exit with Europe.  Uhtred may have just one more triple gold shot in his retirement season

Apples, strawberry are my two favourites so will go with that.  They can be used in various dishes so they are versatile. The third I will say oranges as I live orange juice.  I am pretty sure olives are a fruit so that's my next pick, with an Italian background how can I not love them.

Edited by leafsman

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending March 21* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Offseason didn't quite go our way this year, but our roster is complete and kept our main pieces from last year, how do you think we fair this season?

2. Who in the league do you think had the best offseason?

3. We added bluesfan and Alex Bridges to our team through the draft, were you able to welcome them to the team?

4. Personally I've been relaxed with my exercise lately, have you been able to get to the gym much during off-season?

5. You're hosting movie night for the team tonight, which movie do you put on to make everyone happy?

6. Also which snacks are you serving at said movie night?

7. Do you play any instruments? 

12 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Offseason didn't quite go our way this year, but our roster is complete and kept our main pieces from last year, how do you think we fair this season?

3. We added bluesfan and Alex Bridges to our team through the draft, were you able to welcome them to the team?

4. Personally I've been relaxed with my exercise lately, have you been able to get to the gym much during off-season?

5. You're hosting movie night for the team tonight, which movie do you put on to make everyone happy?

1) I think it went great, we played great against the top teams and had a few unlucky sims at the end. The hype was real and I think we are more ready this season now for a deeper run ;)

3) I haven't been on a whole lot this week if I'm being honest but excited to add some new faces to an already stacked squad

4) Still in lockdown babyyyyy. As much as I wish I could I doubt I would've been going regularly anyways

5) Superbad is an easy pick for me, super light, a classic and still pretty funny to this day.

6) Definitely one of those big layer dips with like beans and cheese and guac. Might be some drinks too for the legal folk

7) I played piano for a year back in like the 6th grade does that count? I'm counting it.

16 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. I still like our chances, it’ll just be more fun winning now

2. I like DC offseason, but I got to give it to London that trade can really help them

3. yes I was, always good to see old faces come back

4. as much as I can with everything going on

5. probably a comedy movie, as it’s probably the only type of movie everyone would agree on

6. definitely a Buffalo chicken dip and of course drinks for the legal folks 

20 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1). I think we do pretty well, and I'm hoping we can go as far this season!
2). I want to say London, that trade set them up nicely this season.
3). Yes I did! Glad to add them to the team this season!
4). No, I've been busy with work and trying to keep up with my son. However, we put in a workout area in the garage so that's where I go to exercise when I can.
5). Something hilarious, whether you go Adam Sandler's older movies like Waterboy or Happy Gilmore or something with Will Ferrel like Anchorman.
6). I take pride in the popcorn I make. I have a special air popper and with my signature butter and salt combo can get that movie theater taste down each time. It's been a hit whenever I make it!

7). I used to play the cello and the piano, granted now I don't have a whole lot of time to play those a whole lot anymore.

We should be contenders again. We did not have a big splash but the core is still growing!

Us. Our core is still together!

Yes. Very happy to have them join in!

Yes of course. Top play comes with exercise and staying in shape!

I love movies like The Other Guys or White Chicks. One of those.

PIZZA! POPCORN! 

I do. I play bass guitar, regular guitar, piano, drums, and sing. Do a bit of everything musically.

I think it'll be tough to tell. We have some key pieces moving around. I haven't played center before, so it'll be a challenge!

Chicago, probably. Jungkok was a significant edition and they just about kept everyone else.

I actually already knew bluesfan (from Riga in a previous life) and Alex from prior teams! So it felt more like a homecoming than meeting a stranger.

I've gotta keep in shape! I did more faceoff exercises this offseason alone than I did in my entire life prior, and being hunched over so much means I need to work on my back and hip muscles. No time to laze around here!!

I'm quite fond of The Fifth Element! I think Milla Jovovich is so charming in it.

Well, as a child my parents insisted I learn piano, but I've fallen off the train since. (IRL I love playing all strings & piano!)

1. Offseason didn't quite go our way this year, but our roster is complete and kept our main pieces from last year, how do you think we fair this season

We still have a great team. We have a great core of players and I think we are definitely contenders again. Last year's run gave us some great experience

Happy to see them join the team, will be great predators.

I do more cardio training around the bebbanburg estate.  I do more old School training away from the gym.

I'd go with a comedy.  I'd say happy Gilmore is a good one for a sports movie.  If its Christmas time it would be home alone 1 or 2.

It would have to be popcorn, movie night would not be the same without it.  Maybe some peanut m and ms too.

Nope I have no rythm or beat so can't play anything

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending March 28* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. The season has finally begun! What are your predictions for the team this year?

2. What are your personal statistical goals for yourself this season?

3. Out of the bottom feeder teams for the past few seasons (Toronto, New York, LA, Davos, Riga) who do you think is mostly likely to make the playoffs?

4. Which team has you most nervous to match up against?

5. New season coming off a cup finals loss, are you changing anything in your routine or keeping it all the same?

6. Also new season, new music? What’s that one song that has you singing along today?

7. Does your toilet roll pull from the underside or the frontside? 
8. Would you be interested in the entire team shaving their head into a mohawk for team building purposes?

1. Realistically we can win it all, but I’m just going to say win the EU

2. my biggest goal is I want to get 40 goals I had 35 last season so it’s only logical 

3. Riga easy, they have a great young core and added Rose on the back end makes them a playoff contender for sure

4. From a team overall matchup perspective it’s definitely Helsinki, from a personal standpoint I always love playing NYA

5. keeping it the same it worked so much my change 

8. HAHA when I was in HS the hockey team did that for our big rivalry game, but to answer the question why not as long as we play great who cares about what our hair looks like 

1. The season has finally begun! What are your predictions for the team this year?

CUP WINNERS!!!

I hope for a point per game but 40 goals is a big one too

3. Out of the bottom feeder teams for the past few seasons (Toronto, New York, LA, Davos, Riga) who do you think is mostly likely to make the playoffs?

Going to say LA but because I like the branding

Helsinki will be tough and they got Thightrap

5. New season coming off a cup finals loss, are you changing anything in your routine or keeping it all the same?

All the same! If it ain't broke!
8. Would you be interested in the entire team shaving their head into a mohawk for team building purposes?

As much as I would love to see Iggy Azalea with a mohawk /s, I am going to say probably not haha

Predictions? Strong playoff contender. I don't want to jinx us though!

Wins. That's all that matters to me. I can have 20 points for the entire season if it means we get a championship. Oh, and also preferably to win more than 40% of my faceoffs, maybe.

LA. Their roster is way too talented not to make the playoffs again. I don't know what happened last season, but it sure shouldn't happen in this one.

Chicago. We've beaten them once this season, but obviously we have cup aspirations and they dashed them last season.

Lots had to change for me, because my role is so much different! I'm taking way more pointers from Dakota, because playing centerwoman is very, very different from being a winger. I have a lot more possession of the puck and need to be way more responsible on defense.

Front side. I am not a monster!

On 3/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending March 28* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

6. Also new season, new music? What’s that one song that has you singing along today?

1) After last season I have big expectations, but you never know what the sims look like.

2)I'm not sure, I had a strong season in limited games, so hopefully I can match those stats.

3) I think Riga, no real particular reason, just a gut feeling.

5) I think we had a great routine going, so I think we have a great chance to repeat the finals this season (and win this time).

6) Skegee by JID, in anticipation for his new album.

7) Frontside duh, I don't want to reach underneath to pull it out.

We will win Europe again but this time we win the Cup.

Another 30 goal and 80 point season.  Would be great to hit 100 but more realistic goals are those.

Keeping it the same.  We had a great season so don't want to shake things up. if we get to the finals again we will win 

6. Also new season, new music? What’s that one song that has you singing along today?

The country song one beer by Hardy.

Front side, under just seems so strange.

I'd rather come up with another team building option but uhtred has gone with some similar hairstyles so why not.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending April 4* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Warsaw is off to a good but not great start so far, how do you feel about the team performance thus far?

2. How do you feel about your individual performance?

3. Are there any other teams that have surprised you whether good or bad so far this season?

4. Who do you think is our biggest competition this year?

5. How important is it to upgrade Gino this year, or do you think we have a chance with no moves?

6. Do you have any plans for Easter this year? 
7. What is your favourite chocolate egg?