London United Press Conferences

McWolf

1 - get Triv the puck 

2 - MVP, or even a HoF entry. Klose got screwed.

3 - selfishly, I'd like to see more offense 

4 - Spy thriller, hands down

5 - uhhhh....a third nipple, because it's basically a mole and no one would give a shit

6 - I'd be able to convince people to waste time on meaningless tasks, obviously

1.  London is still in the race for at least a wild card playoff spot.  We have games in hand to boot.  What's been the key to keeping things going?
I don't think it's been one thing in particular, sometimes we find a way to win a close game sometimes we find a way to turn the offense on. We've also snuck points out of a few losses. It'll be tough for us to get in but not impossible. 

2.  Theme week is here!  So what trophies have you had your heart set on but haven't gotten yet?
LOL! Awards and me? Top GM is the only one I've ever really won, oh wait sorry my goalie ages ago won a couple things for a hot minute. Any awards for a Devise player on an individual level is like hell freezing over. 

3.  Should London continue focusing on playing a balanced game?  Or should we switch things up to play more offensive of defensive?
I think we just need to roll with it. There isn't much more we can do in this situation but ride out the last games and hope for the best. 

4.  If your player could star in a movie shot in London, what genre movie would your player star in?
Thriller, sure why not. 

5.  If you could have an extra body part, appendage or organ, what would it be and why?
What an odd question, umm how about an extra brain because if your going to look weird anyway maybe you'll get some serious benefit from it. 

6.  If superhero player superpowers were allowed in the VHL, which one would your player have?
Super discipline, maybe then the damn referee's would not give me undeserving penalty minutes! 

LDN_Banner.png

LONDON UNITED PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending August 29th

1 tpe for 3 responses. 2 tpe for all six!

1.  Things haven't been going too well lately.  Is it time to play spoiler for other teams?

2.  General Zod and Kevin King were traded for Kyle Glass and prospect wingers.  Was this a smart move by management to get assets for retiring players?

3.  Tater Tot has been getting lit up.  Is it our strategy, talent level, or does the poor guy need a break??

4.  Maybe talk about the draft?  What position do you think we need to address the most in this upcoming draft?

5.  Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt???

6.  Yeah there's an annoying heat wave here in Canada.  What's your favorite(s) cool drink or treat to stay cool?

London Management: @McWolf @SirRupertBarnes

London UNITED: @der meister  @IamMOOSE  @Cornholio @Devise   @NickSunderbruch  @Trunkxolotl @Flames1Fan @Lazarus@Hex Universe @kentakira @VOID Stiles @Hendrix Cobberson @Tbeez99

London Prospects: @Howie McMeeker @nhlbeastmode_7777 @ThatsGreissy @stello2005 @RollerGames @Eagle Eye @Emi @JCV @DrummerBoy15

14 hours ago, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending August 29th

1.  Things haven't been going too well lately.  Is it time to play spoiler for other teams?

2.  General Zod and Kevin King were traded for Kyle Glass and prospect wingers.  Was this a smart move by management to get assets for retiring players?

3.  Tater Tot has been getting lit up.  Is it our strategy, talent level, or does the poor guy need a break??

4.  Maybe talk about the draft?  What position do you think we need to address the most in this upcoming draft?

6.  Yeah there's an annoying heat wave here in Canada.  What's your favorite(s) cool drink or treat to stay cool?

London UNITED: @der meister  @IamMOOSE  @Cornholio @Devise   @NickSunderbruch  @Trunkxolotl @Flames1Fan @Lazarus@Hex Universe @kentakira @VOID Stiles @Hendrix Cobberson @Tbeez99

London Prospects: @Howie McMeeker @nhlbeastmode_7777 @ThatsGreissy @stello2005 @RollerGames @Eagle Eye @Emi @JCV @DrummerBoy15

1. Maybe, but all I'm worried about is finishing the season off strong.

2. I think so, it's time to set us up for the future and let the veterans go for a cup before the end of their career.   

3. He's played 54 of 63 games, I think he should get a well deserved break.

4. LW - we have one on the starting roster.

5. Ice Cream.

5. Iced Coffee from Timmies.

Edited by Lazarus

On 8/25/2021 at 12:30 AM, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending August 29th

1. Playing spoiler is always pretty fun. Beating the teams you aren't supposed to are the best.

2. Of course that makes sense. Hopefully they pan out!

3. Superman doesn't take days off.

4. Defense could be improved I think, and looks like we could use a LW or two. But I think BPA is always the best way to go.

5. Ice Cream, but lately Ive been enjoying a lot of Sherbert

6. The sweet release of death. But also just ice water. Stay Hydrated folks! Its fracking hot out!

1. Things haven't been going too well lately.  Is it time to play spoiler for other teams?

Basically at that level yeah playoffs will take a small miracle at this point.

I think so yeah. We were a fringe team either way, if the play isn't available to make the splash stock up for a better season.

Trading the top defensive D on the club is likely a reason too. It's a tough league for goalies. 

We need a good defensive forward as I feel like we got a lot of scoring weapons, some more Playmakers as well. 

Would depend on the mood but the adult in me is leaning Frozen Yogurt even though it's really not "good for you". 

Iced carbonated soda water like a Perrier or a Bubbly.

1 - I'm all about that lifestyle.
2 - Makes sense to me. 
3 - All of the above?
4 - Honestly not sure. Probably good to draft BPA and make adjustments as needed.
5 - What kind of foolishness is this? Ice cream.
6 - Water. I also put ice packs in my pockets if needed.

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending September 5th

1.  September already!!  Summer is winding down, how are you taking it?

2.  The draft lottery tournament is around the corner, do you even pay attention to this tournament or it's just a consolation prize?

3.  Whatcha gonna be working on this offseason?

4.  There's alot of downtime in the offseason, so what keeps your interest if there's no games being played?

5.  What's your spirit animal?

6.  Would you rather go through life unable to forget anything ever or go through life unable to remember anything?

On 9/1/2021 at 5:55 PM, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

2.  The draft lottery tournament is around the corner, do you even pay attention to this tournament or it's just a consolation prize?

4.  There's alot of downtime in the offseason, so what keeps your interest if there's no games being played?

6.  Would you rather go through life unable to forget anything ever or go through life unable to remember anything?

1.) Already busy with the school year starting (I work in the school system) so yeah, it's been crazy but good at the same time. 

2.) To be quite honest, I don't pay attention lol. Unless somebody tags me in the LR on something that my player/team did - then I'll check it out. Other than that, just getting ready for next season already. 

3.) I've been working on establishing myself as a leader of the squad, hopefully my charisma helps us play better. Might do a little investing into my penalty shot, you never know when you're gonna need it. Other than that, I should probably work on my physical attributes (skating/strength) to enhance my other abilities. 

4.) Mainly my team's locker room. Otherwise I'm irrelevant around these here parts as my work commitments/RL stuff starts to build up and my sim time dwindles 👀 

5.) Interestingly enough, my little girl actually picked out my spirit animal out of a deck of spiritual animals talot cards -- it's an emu lol. 

6.) That's a tough one upon first read. Then when I think about it- it's actually easy. I'd rather be unable to forget anything over forgetting all the wonderful moments/highlights that has taken place in my life. 

On 9/1/2021 at 3:55 PM, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

1. I'm moving so I haven't had a lot of time but hopefully it'll be better once I'm settled in.

2.  I'll probably check it out.

3. I just want to establish myself in the league and hopefully become a more impact player.

4. I love checking out the drafts and looking at all the future prospects. 

5.  Lynx, because it's my junior team.

6. Never Forget. I always forget important things like my PIN.

1 - Poorly. School starts in a few days. I work in a school, and don't feel ready to have people back in the buildings.

2 - I pay attention insomuch as looking for my name.

3 - Rebounding from heavy de-pre

4 - Nothing? Honest answer.

5 - I find foxes and squirrels to be particularly appealing.

6 - Jesus christ dude. Those are both hellish. I guess the first one so I can try to win big in trivia contests. 

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending September 12th

1.  Sorry for the late presser, as I'll be leaving to manage the Houston Bulls.  What have you been up to?

2.  There's been suggestions to spice up press conferences by using a Post 3 - Ask 3.  What's your thinking about it?  Wanna try it?

3.  What's your favorite condiment to dunk your fries in?

4.  "There is no truth".  This statement cannot be true or untrue, therefore it's a paradox.  Why?

5.  Tell us something about the first car you ever owned, and what happened to it when you got your second car?

6.  So what's your lucky number?  Should your player wear it?

1 - Super sad to hear that you're leaving, but congrats. Good luck!

2 - I think you'll see a small burst of activity for 2 or 3 weeks, and then it will get worse than it currently is. If they're both options, then alternating week to week could be fun. 

3 - Chipotle aioli > Ketchup > Vinegar > Garlic Aioli > Mustard > milkshake > anything else

4 - Truth is a byproduct of individualized perceptions. As Obi Wan famously said, "....from a certain point of view." That said, there's a distinction between "Truth" and "Reality"; a distinction that seems to be progressively lost with the hellfire global political climate.

5 - The first car I ever owned was a 96 Cavalier, cherry red. The thing is, I didn't know I owned it. My mom and step dad gave it to me and paid the insurance on it, but I had no interest in driving and didn't get my license for 2 more years. Communication matters!

6 - 47, and yes. 

5 hours ago, der meister said:

The first car I ever owned was a 96 Cavalier, cherry red. The thing is, I didn't know I owned it. My mom and step dad gave it to me and paid the insurance on it, but I had no interest in driving and didn't get my license for 2 more years. Communication matters!

Never heard a "first car" story quite like that.  This is a strange story but hey you had a free vehicle!

1 hour ago, MattyIce said:

Never heard a "first car" story quite like that.  This is a strange story but hey you had a free vehicle!

It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't get yelled at 2 years in for never driving the car that they were paying for. That's literally how I found out it was mine. 

On 9/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending September 12th

1.  Sorry for the late presser, as I'll be leaving to manage the Houston Bulls.  What have you been up to?

2.  There's been suggestions to spice up press conferences by using a Post 3 - Ask 3.  What's your thinking about it?  Wanna try it?

3.  What's your favorite condiment to dunk your fries in?

4.  "There is no truth".  This statement cannot be true or untrue, therefore it's a paradox.  Why?

5.  Tell us something about the first car you ever owned, and what happened to it when you got your second car?

6.  So what's your lucky number?  Should your player wear it?

1.) Congrats mate! we’ll miss you. Been busy with RL work/family/home and whatnot. 

2.( Nah, I prefer the You-Ask-6, I-Answer-6 

3.) BBQ sauce hands down. 

4.) Everybody has their own truths and no one truth is more right than other. Something like that I think. 

5.) My first car was a blue Dodge Neon. Pretty fun car to ride around in, but once my dad passed away and I had to transfer insurance from his to my name - I traded it in for a car that I actually wanted, a Jeep Cherokee. Fun car, had some fun ski road trips in that one. 

6.) I grew up watching the New York Yankees and my favorite player naturally was Derek Jeter. Loved wearing that #2 but it’s a baseball kind of thing. Don’t have a particular number for hockey I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending October 3rd

1.  We are 4-7-1 after the first week and a bit! How are you feeling about our start thus far?

2.  Do you have any rivals in the VHL? Team or players!

3.  Aside from the player store, what else would you like to see the ability to spend your salary on?

4.  Which brand of gear does your player sport?

5.  What does your player do during plane rides to away games to kill time?

6.  It's your turn to treat the team to a meal, where are you taking us?

London Management: @McWolf

London UNITED: @der meister  @Big Dee @Lazarus @Matmenzinger @Tbeez99 @Cornholio @Devise @SirRupertBarnes @Noxalpha @kentakira@Trunkxolotl

London Prospects: @ThatsGreissy @usouj @Ekky @Mr Bohannan @Kelsier @Siddhus @nhlbeastmode_7777 @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @JCV @DrummerBoy15

2 hours ago, Trunkxolotl said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending October 3rd

1.  We are 4-7-1 after the first week and a bit! How are you feeling about our start thus far?

3.  Aside from the player store, what else would you like to see the ability to spend your salary on?

London Management: @McWolf

London UNITED: @der meister  @Big Dee @Lazarus @Matmenzinger @Tbeez99 @Cornholio @Devise @SirRupertBarnes @Noxalpha @kentakira@Trunkxolotl

London Prospects: @ThatsGreissy @usouj @Ekky @Mr Bohannan @Kelsier @Siddhus @nhlbeastmode_7777 @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @JCV @DrummerBoy15

1. It's tough, we are a pretty young team but it's still been disappointing.

2. Warsaw

3. Cars and houses, I could use a nice pad in London

4. CCM with the Jofa bucket of course

5. Sleep or watch a movie

6. Pancakes and waffles 

On 9/27/2021 at 9:25 PM, Trunkxolotl said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending October 3rd

@nhlbeastmode_7777 @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @JCV @DrummerBoy15

1.) As a team, it’s a bit disappointing. I was hoping we’d show a little more fight but I guess the lack of depth in general is killing us. But I’m enjoying my individual production though! 

2.) Nah I’m good with everybody here in the VHL. Not actively invested enough to develop feuds with anybody 

3.) The ability to take steroids- temporary attribute enhancing boosters for a few sims. That would be fun to see 

4.) I’m a Champions fan. Just kidding that shit was good in the 1990s. I’m not too particular with brands, just looking for comfort and performance. 

5.) I rest my eyes. It’s really important that I do this cause I’ll need my eyes on full alert during games. So every little second of relaxation on my eyelids counts. 

6.) I’ll take the team out to a local abbey where I’ve grown fond of their fish and chips. Stuff that you can’t find in my home country of Iceland cause we don’t fry shit. 

We are clearly a team in transition and thus are on the weaker end of the spectrum. Wins will be tough but stats have been okay. Start is pretty much expected though.

I'll always be a rival of the anime protagonist. Seriously though Hard Markinson is same draft class and position as me, so probably him although he's crushing it.

I've never been big on more salary options unless they give us more utilities to make our meta fresher. 

CCM? Sure. 

Since he can't sleep in moving vehicles, audio book life. 

6.  It's your turn to treat the team to a meal, where are you taking us?

Sushi sounds like it would be alright.

LDN_Banner.png

1. Seeing how the team is performing now, and how we are transitioning to a younger roster, when would you say our contending window opens?

2. That Dude is on a pace to break the franchise season points record. Does he do it, and how many points does he finish the season with?

3. Which team are you rooting for this season?

4. Who is your favourite to win MVP this season?

5. Who do you sit with when we are on the road?

6. You can have whatever pet you want. Do you go typical or do you showoff and go for an exotic animal?

@der meister @Big Dee @Lazarus @Matmenzinger @Tbeez99 @Cornholio @Devise @SirRupertBarnes @Noxalpha @kentakira @Trunkxolotl @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @JCV @DrummerBoy15 @nhlbeastmode_7777 @Siddhus @Kelsier @Mr Bohannan @Ekky @usouj @ThatsGreissy

Depends on the off-season. I'd say playoffs next season and contender the season after is not out of the question

Hard to say, really. I think there's a good chance he sets the record but doesn't break 100. I'll say 99.

None of them

Not a clue. I'm kinda out of it

No one sits with old man Triv. They're too busy with their discord and their tik toks and whatnot

No pet. I want a clean, quiet house.

2 hours ago, McWolf said:

LDN_Banner.png

1. Seeing how the team is performing now, and how we are transitioning to a younger roster, when would you say our contending window opens?

2. That Dude is on a pace to break the franchise season points record. Does he do it, and how many points does he finish the season with?

6. You can have whatever pet you want. Do you go typical or do you showoff and go for an exotic animal?

@der meister @Big Dee @Lazarus @Matmenzinger @Tbeez99 @Cornholio @Devise @SirRupertBarnes @Noxalpha @kentakira @Trunkxolotl @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @JCV @DrummerBoy15 @nhlbeastmode_7777 @Siddhus @Kelsier @Mr Bohannan @Ekky @usouj @ThatsGreissy

1.  Well we're actually not too far behind the Phantoms and if our prospects develop quickly, I don't see why we can't compete in a couple seasons.

2. He'll break it with 105 points

3. The United, unless you mean NHL, then the Flames

4. in the VHL Henry Tucker and in the NHL Milan Lucic

5. Alone, I have to stay focused before a game

6. I like monkeys so that would be pretty cool.

1. Seeing how the team is performing now, and how we are transitioning to a younger roster, when would you say our contending window opens?

Realistically it's looking like that won't be till at least S82 or later. We'll see though. 

Sure, I say he does it and to hell with it he finishes the season with 110 points. 

Us? I don't really know otherwise haha. 

The player the one that has the points but is on a team that isn't that good but is alright but makes the playoffs, y'know that one? (runs and hides) 

A rock, not to be confused with Phil The Rock Johnson (who isn't even on our team) and Dwayne The Rock Johnson who is obviously too big to ever VHL. 

A dog. That's a pet. a dog. Pick a dog. I don't really care that people have exotic pets except I think some get them and don't realize that they are trying to like, you know condition animals that aren't as used to it, even in the modern time where a lot more of them have become pets regularly. Yes dogs occasionally have issues, but the level of domestication has created a situation where they are basically extended family. Anyway, dog. GET A DOG! :P