LA Stars Press Conference

Josh

Season is starting soon!

As per usual, 3 answers will give you 1 TPE and 6 answers will get you the Max 2 TPE you can get from PC every week! 

1. GM Gagnon was recently seen causing a scene outside a sportsbar in San Francisco after the sportsbar manager refused to show on the TV a documentary film about pigeons and how they are the modern dragons, your thoughts about that situation?
2. Todd Cooke and Sunglasses Yoyo have both expressed openly that they spend a lot of time playing D&D and have missed practice sessions because of that, do you believe it hurts the team if players and their strong friendship interfere in their duties?
3. Looking at the roster for LA, we are really lacking support on Defensive end, with market being very tight, do you believe there is a chance to find a trade that would give us that 3rd or maybe even 4th defencemen? 
4. LA City Council has actively advocated for sports teams not to take up sponsorships from alcohol manufacturers, do you believe it is wise to focus on other sponsorships considering AGM John Frostbeard has really close ties with Viking Brandy brand that has worked with him in Malmo and Bratislava?
5. LA Stars new coaching staff has been motivating players to get better and be ready to take that next step into playoffs, talking about yourself - what is the one category that you have developed the most this off-season?
6. What are you expecting the new season to bring you in terms of results and actual achievements, are there any milestones you want to achieve in S87?

1. I personally think the documentary might have been very informative to everyone in the bar , but I can also see why that might not have been movie of choice 

2. Well this is awkward . Sunglasses and myself have been having a great time and have built a very solid friendship. it was a poor choice of time management on both our parts . While I do think good friendships help the team in the long run . Poor decisions not so much .

3. I mean anything is possible if your willing to pay the price !

4. I believe that any sponsorships should be allowed especially if they are positive in helping our team in any way .

5. I’ve personally worked on taking my scoring to that next level and I’m more ready then ever to get to that next level

6. First off I would love to see us play some meaningful hockey in the playoffs . As far as myself I’d like to increase my career highs in scoring 

On 1/23/2023 at 5:26 AM, FrostBeard said:

Season is starting soon!

As per usual, 3 answers will give you 1 TPE and 6 answers will get you the Max 2 TPE you can get from PC every week! 

1. GM Gagnon was recently seen causing a scene outside a sportsbar in San Francisco after the sportsbar manager refused to show on the TV a documentary film about pigeons and how they are the modern dragons, your thoughts about that situation?
2. Todd Cooke and Sunglasses Yoyo have both expressed openly that they spend a lot of time playing D&D and have missed practice sessions because of that, do you believe it hurts the team if players and their strong friendship interfere in their duties?
3. Looking at the roster for LA, we are really lacking support on Defensive end, with market being very tight, do you believe there is a chance to find a trade that would give us that 3rd or maybe even 4th defencemen? 
4. LA City Council has actively advocated for sports teams not to take up sponsorships from alcohol manufacturers, do you believe it is wise to focus on other sponsorships considering AGM John Frostbeard has really close ties with Viking Brandy brand that has worked with him in Malmo and Bratislava?
5. LA Stars new coaching staff has been motivating players to get better and be ready to take that next step into playoffs, talking about yourself - what is the one category that you have developed the most this off-season?
6. What are you expecting the new season to bring you in terms of results and actual achievements, are there any milestones you want to achieve in S87?

1. Our GM is a very respected person not just to the players, but to the community. That manager refusing to show that documentary is blatant disrespect and I fully expect him to apologize. That kind of behavior will not be tolerated. 

2. So much of hockey chemistry on and off the ice. I am personally a fan of D&D and I can totally see how it can improve their chemistry, so I have nothing against it.

3. I feel that there are plenty of D-men in the league that wouldn't cost too much to get.

4. I feel that it's okay as long as there's moderation. Unlike modern sports gambling ads, most alcohol ads don't feel nearly as predatory. 

5. I mostly wanted to improve my offensive game, get better at generating chances and opportunities.

6. My goal is to have more than 40 points this season. 

On 1/23/2023 at 5:26 AM, FrostBeard said:

Season is starting soon!

What's a pigeon to me could be a dragon to another man, and who among us can say we haven't threatened a sportsbar manager? Certainly not I

Sunglasses Joyo thank you very much 🕶️ I believe Joyo needs Cooke's friendship to survive this slandering of his name

I always thinks there's a chance to add talent if we have the opportunity, but we've also got a great core that can work on developing our defense if we can't find the trade/

I'm not too into wearing sponsored jerseys, but if we need the money we need the money. I've never let the LA City Council stop me before..

My speed, I boosted it up to the 80s so that Joyo wouldn't be too slow at this level.

I'm hoping Joyo can find his footing, he's coming off of championship seasons in the VHLM and VHLE but it's obviously not going to be as easy at this level. 

On 1/23/2023 at 8:26 PM, FrostBeard said:

1. I think it was the wrong time and place a sports bar should show sports for entertainment of that calibre you would need to go to a better establishment. The intricacies of such a fine piece of media would be lost on the normal clientele of a sports bar

2. As long as they are learning how to tear up the ice and demolish the opposition it doesn't matter how they learn

3. With the spot we are in with cap we would have to wait until closer to the TDL to find a trade that doesn't stop our offensive production

4. Money is money mate and if the money talks we will do what ever it takes. The city council can set their own rules but unless they want to hand us the cash we will take the money where we can get it

5. Really trying to work on my offensive capabilities, I think defensively I am quite sound so want to help our forwards score some goals

6. I want to set hit, sb and point records for myself this season

Season is here and we are starting it our strong!

1. GM Gagnon in an interview to LA Yellow Pages said that noone is safe when it comes to a roster spot and there is a potential for even a full rebuild. Do you believe that is true or do you believe that the roster is safe and the team is in a full competitive mode?
2. Jason Argos was recently called out after he said he won't take any pictures with fans before the game as he believes that takes away his focus from the job itself. Do you believe this is the way to approach fans?
3. Viking Brandy brand has been officially labelled themselves as the fan favourite drink for LA Stars supporters, have you ever tried it? 
4. After the start of the season, have you pinpointed any real problems with our team already or do you think it is too soon to say if we are ready for playoffs or not?
5. LA Stars Goalie coach recently talked in an interview about how he has never had a chance to work with such an amazing talented goaltending duo as Art and Minion, how do you feel about our goaltending duo?
6. For many players on this team this season is a real chance to show how much they have progressed and if they are ready to take that next step into a true role of a superstar, do you believe it is important to see a progression in your career?

3 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

1. GM Gagnon in an interview to LA Yellow Pages said that noone is safe when it comes to a roster spot and there is a potential for even a full rebuild. Do you believe that is true or do you believe that the roster is safe and the team is in a full competitive mode?
2. Jason Argos was recently called out after he said he won't take any pictures with fans before the game as he believes that takes away his focus from the job itself. Do you believe this is the way to approach fans?
3. Viking Brandy brand has been officially labelled themselves as the fan favourite drink for LA Stars supporters, have you ever tried it? 
4. After the start of the season, have you pinpointed any real problems with our team already or do you think it is too soon to say if we are ready for playoffs or not?
5. LA Stars Goalie coach recently talked in an interview about how he has never had a chance to work with such an amazing talented goaltending duo as Art and Minion, how do you feel about our goaltending duo?
6. For many players on this team this season is a real chance to show how much they have progressed and if they are ready to take that next step into a true role of a superstar, do you believe it is important to see a progression in your career?

1. Unfortunately for the GM this was not the yellow pages as they do not have a budget for journalists it was just him yelling at some poor delivery boy at his front door.

2. The fans are why I am here I will do anything to make the crowds love me.

3. I had it at the LA stars break-up/commiserations party last season I think I'll stick to my rum.

4. I think it's just our defensive depth Maloish and I struggle by the end of each game.

5. I think we have one of the best goalie tandems in the league I just wish out starter was a little bit smarter talking to him is like talking to a Pokemon

6. I think you always have to be moving forward when you start to plateau it's time to retire 

18 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

Since moving to LA I've learned that the Yellow Pages are gospel. My bags are staying packed 

I support Jason. I think fans can lose sight of the mental preparation that occurs before the puck-drop, and that this really isn't the time to try to interact with the players. Find us post-game when there isn't as much happening!

I have not, I'm a social drinker and don't have brandy too often

We've had a great start overall. As a rookie I'm not going to say whether we've proven anything or not, but I think we're playing well with room for improvement.

Minion and me were together last season for Oslo, so I knew all about how great he is. Art has been a treat to play with though, I've never had someone that talented tending the net for my team, and it's very appreciated!

I think that the Sunglasses Joyo has built himself a reputation on his path to the VHL that does come with high expectations. Progression for him is making gains to catch up to the competition right now though.

On 1/30/2023 at 4:08 PM, FrostBeard said:

1. We're doing great as of right now, so I don't think it's necessary to think about a rebuild right now. 

2. I was? That's news to me. Those LA nights, man, they do some crazy things to you. I might have been a little "under the weather" if you catch my drift. I personally always try to take photos with fans despite what I apparently said.

3. Yes I have. It has a very distinct Nordic flavor.

4. I feel that our group right now is very good, so I can't really think of any problems.

5. They're always rock solid. Both of them never give up no matter what.

6. I'd say so, but I don't need to be a superstar. I just try to win hockey games.  

Seeing as the team is currently fighting for the top spot in the NA Conference, don't think anyone needs to be worrying just yet. GM Gagnon is known to have a short fuse however, so an extended losing streak could see some player movement, considering LA's expectations entering the season.

Rightfully so he was called out. Players play for the fans, as the fans are the ones paying the bills. I can respect his focus on just simply playing hockey, but he needs to remember the amount of eyes on him at all times, and what an example should be.

Never, but maybe I will on a road trip to LA. May have to wait until the offseason though, don't like drinking in and around game days. 

It is definitely too soon from a player and coaching perspective. There is a number of underachieving teams in the league right now, and there's so many more games to be played that nobody should be content with their league position.

I respect and consider Art one of the best goalers in the entire league. Don't have much of a scouting report on Minion, but my friends in the VHLE are telling me that he's a very talented goaler, and should be able to step into the VHL and hold his own, topping out as a 1B. Looks good now and for the future.

Of course. Even players who march onto the scene with point-per-game or ROTY-level seasons, then can fall into the trap of getting down on themselves if they take a step back. Progression is easy to keep yourself motivated, but nonetheless you need to keep yourself in the right headspace.

Stars are one of the best teams in NA!

1. Los Angeles Sports Broadcast show called out LA Stars Captaincy trio after a video surfaced with them all relaxing in a hottub few hours before the puck drop, they called them "unprofessional, disgraceful and not with the hockey spirit" - your thoughts?
2. GM Gagnon has multiple times this week refused to answer any questions about teams performance saying - it will be a bad luck charm to go and talk about things like that. Do you believe there is a lot of supperstition in hockey?
3. Sunglasses Yoyo was quoted by York Times saying that "Stars LR is really supportive and inclusive while also making sure that there is a strict working mentality going on" - do you think having a LR like that is a bonus or a negative? 
4. Recently LA Stars have slowed down a bit and have had 1-1 simulations, do you think it is time to worry about those games or they are just something that is always bound to happen?
5. Scoish and few other players have actively called for a new "VHLPA" to emerge to represent player rights, do you think VHL needs a VHLPA when it is well known that previous projects have failed?
6. Looking at your own performance this season, do you see yourself improving the pace on points, goals, other important statistics or do you feel you are right where you want to be?

1. Los Angeles Sports Broadcast show called out LA Stars Captaincy trio after a video surfaced with them all relaxing in a hottub few hours before the puck drop, they called them "unprofessional, disgraceful and not with the hockey spirit" - your thoughts?

Yeah that sounds about correct to me. If you're going to live in Los Angeles you have to embrace the slow moving Cali lifestyle, and the team leaders should be spearheading that lifestyle.

2. GM Gagnon has multiple times this week refused to answer any questions about teams performance saying - it will be a bad luck charm to go and talk about things like that. Do you believe there is a lot of supperstition in hockey?

I refuse to comment on this question specifically, because THEORETICALLY we all know that discussing superstition out loud just makes your bad luck even worse. That's like saying the word "shutout" before the shutout is recorded.

3. Sunglasses Yoyo was quoted by York Times saying that "Stars LR is really supportive and inclusive while also making sure that there is a strict working mentality going on" - do you think having a LR like that is a bonus or a negative? 

It sounds horrible, I don't wanna work; I just want to bang on my drum all day.

4. Recently LA Stars have slowed down a bit and have had 1-1 simulations, do you think it is time to worry about those games or they are just something that is always bound to happen?

1-1 simulations aren't too bad at all, because it's verbally similar to "1 on 1 stimulations," which I find to be a very wonderful thing indeed.

5. Scoish and few other players have actively called for a new "VHLPA" to emerge to represent player rights, do you think VHL needs a VHLPA when it is well known that previous projects have failed?

No, it is very much right for league leaders to have uncontested authority over its players. Players and members are disgusting peons who deserve no rights at all, and should be treated as such.

6. Looking at your own performance this season, do you see yourself improving the pace on points, goals, other important statistics or do you feel you are right where you want to be?

It would be good if my player performed at a higher level, and perhaps by playoffs he might. However, I did forget to post my Point Tasks last week, so that isn't going to go very far in improving mid-season. I'll cop my performance so far and keep looking forward to the future!

9 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

My thoughts are that sports reporters must live their lives with perfect professionalism and efficiency at all times. If these guys knew what it took to play hockey they would be out on the ice instead of talking out their asses, let the captains enjoy some rest pre-game!

I'm not a superstitious guy (aside from the shades), I think we make our own luck out there. 

I am not digging the Yoyo nickname, but I guess I got to earn the Joyo. Our lockerroom is great! I love that I've got connections to players from the VHLM and VHLE, and that we have the veterans who have been up at this level and know what it takes to improve

I think it matters how we get the 1-1. If we lose to a top team by 1 goal we can look at the game for opportunities to improve, but I also don't think we are in a position to take any games for granted. 

I do think that we need one, and I think that it is a sad day when a velociraptor has to be the one to stand up for player rights. Good on Scoish for protecting the players!

I am happy with Joyo's performance because the team is doing well when he is on the ice by +/-. There are definitely things he can be doing better, but for a rookie I think he has been holding his own well!

On 2/9/2023 at 2:42 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. Me and the boys need a quick tub. The juxtaposition of the heat from the tub to the cold of the ice brings out the best in us.

2. I believe that others believe in superstitions and I respect that but I don't believe there is luck just what you make of it.

3. I think we have a great lr and wouldn't want it any other way.

4. It was bound to happen eventually I think we've been a bit above our standard.

5. I think we should avoid unionising as much as possible 

6. I always start hot and finish cold so if I can stick to my current pace I'll be happy.

On 2/8/2023 at 11:42 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. Guys can do whatever they want prior to a game. That might just be their way of preparing for a game. Guys have all kinds of wacky rituals they do before games, but relaxing in a hottub crosses the line?

2. I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious

3. I feel that it's fair. Be supportive of everyone involve, but remind them that there is still a job to do at the end of the day.

4. I believe that things like this happen every season. While I do believe that we should be working to fix this issue, we can currently afford to lose a few games here and there given our current standing in the league. 

5. I feel that if we could find a way to make it work, it would be very interesting to have a VHLPA.

6. This is the best season that I've ever had. While I'm currently satisfied with my current production, there is always room for improvement. 

Trade Deadline and the end of the season!

1. GM Gagnon in an interview openly has said that even though he was looking at possible trade deals - he feels like we might have something special here with our current roster - what are your thoughts on that?
2. Viking Brandy, one of the biggest sponsors of LA Stars released a video with LA Stars logo in it featuring slogan "Want to see Stars? Just drink up and slap it!" - how do you feel about that video and slogan?
3. Cooke and Murray have been seen arguing and pushing each other multiple times during game broadcasts - do you feel that it is a problem for our team roster? 
4. Our team currently has 4 players with at least 20 goals each - do you feel having a depth that can score consistently is integral for making it into playoffs?
5. Alexander Minion has been linked to a secret meeting between him and GM of HC Davos Dynamo, is there anything to comment on that?
6. Stars team has one of the best PK numbers in the league - what or who do you think is the key to having such a strong defensive effort?

3 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

1. GM Gagnon in an interview openly has said that even though he was looking at possible trade deals - he feels like we might have something special here with our current roster - what are your thoughts on that?
2. Viking Brandy, one of the biggest sponsors of LA Stars released a video with LA Stars logo in it featuring slogan "Want to see Stars? Just drink up and slap it!" - how do you feel about that video and slogan?
3. Cooke and Murray have been seen arguing and pushing each other multiple times during game broadcasts - do you feel that it is a problem for our team roster? 
4. Our team currently has 4 players with at least 20 goals each - do you feel having a depth that can score consistently is integral for making it into playoffs?
5. Alexander Minion has been linked to a secret meeting between him and GM of HC Davos Dynamo, is there anything to comment on that?
6. Stars team has one of the best PK numbers in the league - what or who do you think is the key to having such a strong defensive effort?

1. I couldn’t agree more we are rolling , our team has really come together and showed we can play with any team in this league .

2. I think it’s the perfect advertising for our team. What the saying ? Any publicity is good publicity!

3. Personally I think it’s just 2 players trying to push eachother to be better and get 100% out of each other. More so Murray pushing me to get to that next level as a player in this league , I think that is needed and is classified as teammates helping teammates!

4. Depth scoring is huge because we aren’t relying solely on 1 or 2 players to score for us , everyone brings their A game each and every night and contributes to our team success!

5. I don’t know enough about this situation to comment any further on it .

6. Everyone is buying into our system as a whole . Everyone knows the defensive system and what we need to do to be successful and have a successful pk

11 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

1. I am worried about the lack of defence if Maloish or myself get injured we are up shit creek. These bot brothers are next to useless.

2. I know they had input from one of the captains of the team I won't name names but I like it.

3. It is called coaching cookie monster knows that I'm just trying to help out.

4. Depth is vitally important you can shut down a player but you can't stop us all from scoring

5. I am not allowed to comment on ongoing investigations

6. It's our defence getting their body on the line pucks don't get through to art so he can't let any in

On 2/20/2023 at 5:46 AM, FrostBeard said:

I think we've got something good here that shouldn't be messed with too much. If we can add talent to help us win the cup I'm all for that, but I think we've already got a team that can do that 🏆

I feel that it needs to be taken down, as it has led to far too many people getting slapped by our fanbase. 👏

Sometimes I think they are trying to intimidate the other team out there by forming into one ultra hockey player. They're both competitive and bring out the best in each other, I don't see a problem. 🫂 Also, I hope to be able to use this in the future for Cooke when he pops off:

Scared On Fire GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

WHO LET HIM COOKE?

On 2/20/2023 at 5:46 AM, FrostBeard said:

I do, and am purposefully saving my own goals for the playoffs for this reason! I think it makes us a difficult team to game-plan against when we have depth.  🗒️

If Minion leaves Joyo is going to need to go on a darkness retreat for a weekend. 🏈

It's a combination of a great system, great players, and a great job of yelling random names at the other team to confuse them. 📢

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was a quick Playoff run!

1. After a strong season, LA Stars got swept in the first round of playoffs, what do you believe GM Gagnon should do to improve this team for the next season?
2. With GM positions opening all across the league - do you feel like up to the task to apply and become a GM on any level of VHL?
3. After a devastating and brutal end of our playoff push, do you plan to have a relaxing Off-season or more of a active training phase during the time off?? 
4. After this season ended, AGM Frostbeard was seen talking to media outlet about filling positions that were missing this season, he only said - we are working on it. Do you feel like improving the roster by adding/trading players is the way to do it or should we stick to the group of people we have?
5. Art and Jason were both seen sharing pictures of their pet animals. Art had a collage of his pet rabbit named Wonky and Jason shared pictures of his pet pygmy goat named Bulldozer. Did you know they both owned uncommon pets like a rabbit and a pygmy goat or you don't talk about that in your LR conversations?
6. Who do you think has the best chance at winning the Continental cup of S87?

12 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

1. After a strong season, LA Stars got swept in the first round of playoffs, what do you believe GM Gagnon should do to improve this team for the next season?
2. With GM positions opening all across the league - do you feel like up to the task to apply and become a GM on any level of VHL?
3. After a devastating and brutal end of our playoff push, do you plan to have a relaxing Off-season or more of a active training phase during the time off?? 
4. After this season ended, AGM Frostbeard was seen talking to media outlet about filling positions that were missing this season, he only said - we are working on it. Do you feel like improving the roster by adding/trading players is the way to do it or should we stick to the group of people we have?
5. Art and Jason were both seen sharing pictures of their pet animals. Art had a collage of his pet rabbit named Wonky and Jason shared pictures of his pet pygmy goat named Bulldozer. Did you know they both owned uncommon pets like a rabbit and a pygmy goat or you don't talk about that in your LR conversations?

1. Honestly we have a good foundation, if we can add some more pieces to compliment what we already have I think we’re golden.

2. I’ve been tossing around the idea after being Oslo’s AGM the last 3 seasons. We’ll see what happens tho

3. I’ll take a week to myself and reflect but then hammer down on the training and come back better and ready for next season.

4. Like I said earlier if we can add the right complimentary pieces to our solid core we have then yes we definitely should add whether it’s via trade or signing them.

5. I didn’t know that no but I kinda wish I did earlier!

6. Im pulling for the Calgary Wranglers forsure !

On 3/11/2023 at 1:08 AM, FrostBeard said:

1) I think that we had an issue with depth we are a bit top heavy with regards to cap and need more defenders

2) I think I would love to be a vhlm GM again my issue is lack of time and access to a PC.

3) definitely relaxing I need to avoid burnout and just enjoy time off with the family

4) I think with our cap issues we will need to make some unfortunate moves

5) I didn't know that but not surprised as they are such weird characters

6) I would like to see Seattle win as the management have always been friendly to me and I look up to Berocka Sundqvist 

• 2 months later...

1. LA was unsuccessful in the playoffs last season, what changes this season? 

2. How was our draft with arguably one of the top defensemen dropping to our 8th OA pick? 

3. Will LA ever find a backup goalie? 

4. How do you expect your player to perform? 

5. What is your pre-game ritual? 

6. Are you a pre-game foodie? or only after the game? 

9 minutes ago, InstantRockstar said:

2. How was our draft with arguably one of the top defensemen dropping to our 8th OA pick? 

1. Sell the team! Get draft stock next season and build off a couple of draft steals and get a championship team built.

2. Why am I here? I was expecting to be a top 4 pick at minimum. So I would say pretty good draft.

3. Just look for low TPE goalies dummy.

4. Not playing in the bigs next season but I would expect a great season in the E before a rookie of the season award in S90.

5. IRL It is a playlist on Spotify followed by about 10 shots and stretches. 

6. No I am a vomiter. My weak stomach struggles with water occasionally.

9 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

1. Last season LA didn't have Gregger McKeggegger. But also I just think the changes that were made to the team to change the layout and make some different chemistry.

2. We had a great draft, a lot of really solid prospects. hopefully some will develop, and also the obvious big steal for us is great.

3. The search will continue until one who is worthy appears.

4. I'm not expecting a huge rookie season, but anything could happen. Setting my standards low and hoping for 15 goals and 20 assists.

5. I've gone into this before but it's pretty complicated. Not being specific, I have my pre-game meal, go to the rink, warmup my muscles and stretch, play soccer with a few of the guys, put on my equipment, talk to every player on the team in a certain order, walk down the tunnel a certain way, then pre game warmups are also specific. I'm pretty superstitious.

6. My pre-game meals are something that I've been interviewed about in the past. Nothing will ever consistently help me perform well. It's an ongoing battle and I will continue to fight it.