Dear: Scout me or I'll walk.

Renomitsu

Houston, TX – After a firm statement indicating that she’d be testing free agency after her rookie contract, Aloe released another that might doom her draft stock. She’s not interested in continuing on with a team that doesn’t scout her.

“I understand I’m not necessarily as marketable an option as other players,” she commented at an exit presser before the VHL Entry Draft, “but I’m just not interested in playing for a team that doesn’t scout me now. The VHL has its mandatory three year contract and so on and so forth – and I get it, you want to make sure a team that drafts a player gets a couple of good years out of them.”

“But you can bet if a team doesn’t scout me but drafts me anyways, I’m not interested in continuing on with them beyond those three seasons. I can guarantee you I’d walk in free agency rather than just ‘testing’ it.”

It’s not all that unreasonable a request in the end – were Aloe a third or fourth round pick projection she might come off as temperamental or demanding. But realistically speaking, is it so outlandish to just ask for a little communication between a player and their new team, whether they’re a slam-dunk first rounder or third round selection?

8 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

Damnnn. I already got a graphic of you in a Warsaw jersey ready ?

I do agree that GM should scout more, but when you are the consensus first overall pick like Alexis Lafreniere. There's not much to say.

There's still talks with the player before usually. I would not believe they would not talk with him before selecting him.

Yeah my bad. For the there's not much to say, obviously Warsaw is going to talk to him since they got the first overall pick and Chicago GM should talk to him just in case he doesn't get picked first somehow, but beside them. The others don't really need too, but tey can if they want too.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:37 AM, flyersfan1453 said:

Counterpoint: As an existing member...how much scouting of you is really necessary? You're a top member with a top prospect...not really many surprises here.

While I respect that point, what if you had no idea what he (or I) wanted as a player? Realistically, is wasting 1st overall on a player worth it if said player does not want to play for you after 3 seasons?

Lets talk about myself for a second here. I made it clear to the 3 GM's that interviewed me of what I wanted my career to look like. Not a single other GM had a clue what I would do after my first contract but I was prepared to walk into FA to go to a team I wanted IF I wasn't drafted by a team that knew my intentions or goals.