S74 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Victor

S74 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting   

86 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Who do you think was individually the most outstanding player in the VHL in S74?

• Patrik Tallinder (RIG) - 53G, 74A, 127P, 31, 10PIM, 48HIT, 30SB
    • Mikko Lahtinen (MOS) - 61G, 62A, 123P, 42, 129PIM, 306HIT, 21SB
    • Condor Adrienne (MAL) - 28G, 82A, 110P, 33, 194PIM, 242HIT, 176SB
    • Raymond Bernard (MOS) - 65GP, 46-16-2, 0.924SV%, 2.53GAA, 5SO, 2120SA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Victor unfeatured and featured this topic

Uhhhh I love Raymond Bernard, but Jacques Lafontaine had the best stats since day 1 among goalies through 62 out of the 64 games against the others. Raymond Bernard came back towards the end, but with a better team.

Congratz to all 4 nominees tho. 61 goals, 110 points from a d-men, 300 hits for the other. Each different aaaahhaa

Edited by Jtv123

• Commissioner
20 minutes ago, Berocka said:

Also spent 12.9x more time off the ice

Hitting more means PIM’s, nothing can be done about that. I’d argue it’s impressive in itself to spend that much more time in the box and still only be down 4 points.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Boy that is one shallow ballot.

Also, 4 points less but more goals + defensive numbers. Just saying :P

If anything, not as shallow as I'd like, but I couldn't exclude the goalies.

5 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

Uhhhh I love Raymond Bernard, but Jacques Lafontaine had the best stats since day 1 among goalies through 62 out of the 64 games against the others. Raymond Bernard came back towards the end, but with a better team.

Congratz to all 4 nominees tho. 61 goals, 110 points from a d-men, 300 hits for the other. Each different aaaahhaa

Which is why Lafontaine, not Bernard, is on the MVP ballot.

Just now, IamMOOSE said:

Pavlov (@Victor) straight up robbed on nomination. Busted award.

System's rigged man

This is actually hard choice. Seriously. I don't know. Top point getter who had a great season. Top goal scorer who had great hits and had a great season for goals. Top D who wasn't that far off the top point getters and also had an outstanding season. 

Hmmmm...hmmm....

I gotta go 61 goals. Fuck that was too outstanding. Lahts it is. 

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Which is why Lafontaine, not Bernard, is on the MVP ballot.

System's rigged man

If that’s the case then yeah it really is rigged man. I got love for both of them but this is some disrespect. League bias strikes again, shocker. ?

2 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

If that’s the case then yeah it really is rigged man. I got love for both of them but this is some disrespect. League bias strikes again, shocker. ?

Maybe if a goalie finally did something outstanding, sucks that it's been this way but it's so hard to look at anything under mid .930's for a goalie and think "outstanding." Especially when the save percentage in the mid 2's, when most who have won this were under 2. 

• Admin
27 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

What are you talking about? A goalie isn't winning this season as they were all below the true elite tier of goaltending seasons. The only decision to make was whether there was a goalie on the ballot at all. I decided it was more representative to have one and if there's going to be one on the *most outstanding* ballot, it's gonna be the goalie who is statistically best in every single category.

1 hour ago, Jtv123 said:

Pretty much what Vic said; at the end of the day, MOP isn't MVP, though there could be an argument for either. To be honest though, neither Jacques or I deserve the Slobo this season ?. We both had incredibly similar performances though, really close to call between us.

36 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

Pretty much what Vic said; at the end of the day, MOP isn't MVP, though there could be an argument for either. To be honest though, neither Jacques or I deserve the Slobo this season ?. We both had incredibly similar performances though, really close to call between us.

Why you and Spyro always gotta be so good? I can never win awards with you two ?

nah but i have to agree, this isn’t really a goalie award.

amazing season, looking to kicking your ass next time regardless of awards ;)

6 hours ago, Beketov said:

Boy that is one shallow ballot.

Also, 4 points less but more goals + defensive numbers. Just saying :P

I learned a few times with Garcia that defensive numbers don't mean anything in public votes ?

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

I learned a few times with Garcia that defensive numbers don't mean anything in public votes ?

How about 61 goals then?