Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

a_Ferk

1. What league do you think you'll be playing in next season?
VHLM, most likely. I don't think I'm ready for the VHLE yet, maybe the season after.

2. Is your player in any offseason tournaments?
I don't think so? I literally have no idea.

3. Honest question, do you think the VHLE will be a success?
Maybe? I've seen things work and fail on here, so it could go either way. It sounds fun, though. Europe is a big part of IRL hockey between juniors and NHL.

4. What is your favorite flavor of wings? (Buffalo, Terriyaki, etc.)
Buffalo, I guess. But Teriyaki kinda goated too.

5. Who do you think has the best VHLE logo?
Vasteras forever and always.

6. Are you going to do any travelling now that covid restrictions are loosening up?
Nope.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:41 AM, a_Ferk said:

Offseason press conference

The vhl cause I’ll pass 250 for sure 

Wj on team world hipe 

Yeah it’s a great idea and I think it will turn out great 

Buffalo probably but I haven’t eaten them for a long time 

Steel maybe I really like it

6. Are you going to do any travelling now that covid restrictions are loosening up?

probably not going to travel anywhere no 

On 7/16/2021 at 1:41 AM, a_Ferk said:

Offseason press conference

1. VHLM

2. Not at the moment.

3. Of course it will. In the real world, everything evolves and expands. So the VHL decided to expand and I think it'll be a huge success.

4. I personally don't like wings.

5. Haven't seen any of them tbh.

6. No, not a big travel guy anyways.

1. With golf out of the question due to the weather, how have you been spending the offseason?
Oh, I got the indoor golf set with the virtual ball and the projector.

2. 8th seeded Miami was able to defy the odds and take home the Founder's Cup. What do you think was their key to success?

Winning the games and probably the players!

3. Are you excited for the VHLM draft? Who do you think goes first overall?

This is too early for me to say as Im still browsing the league and all its players.

4. Who will you be cheering for in the offseason's World Cup?

Fellow Europeans!

5. What video games have you been playing recently?

A bit of Overwatch. The heat has been taking its toll to not have energy for stuff like that.

6. Who do you think wins in a fight, Steve Eso or Alex Zouzouambe?

Steve!

Edited by Mr Bohannan

1. What do you think of your player's performance after 6 games?

2. Do you think our goaltending tandem gives us an advantage this season?

3. Who do you think will finish first in the VHLM?

4. Did you watch the NHL expansion draft? If so, what did you think of the team selected?

5. What was the temperature for you today? Here is was 36 degrees celsius, which is about 97 fahrenheit. 

6. What did you do over the weekend?

Edited by a_Ferk

4 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

4. Did you watch the NHL expansion draft? If so, what did you think of the team selected?

5. What was the temperature for you today? Here is was 36 degrees celsius, which is about 97 fahrenheit. 

.1 I’m thrilled about this season  so far looking to keep it going

2 yes definitely 

3 hopefully us

4 I followed it , they are definitely trying to build slowly 

5  88

6 lots of work

- At the moment I am very happy. No goals, but 3 assists which I am totally fine as I dont mind being a team player. Im happy I am part of the scoreboard as much as I can.

- For sure! Goaltender is the difference between us loosing a goal and better the goaltender, bigger the advantage!

- Hopefully we will! haha

- I did not watch it, but I was informed about the picks. It was interesting choices by Seattle, but after the draft it made more sense than during it.

5. What was the temperature for you today? Here is was 36 degrees Celsius, which is about 97 fahrenheit. 

- Oh dang, the whole week it was around +30 by Celsius, but as it was humid heat it felt like +35.

- Worked! haha

Well since I'm doing this after 12 games, it looks like I have 8 points so far, along with a 9 +-,  20 SB, and 13 Hits. No complaints from me, pretty happy with that statline.

Yea, @Vkobe-v is kinda goated, so I'm sure it will help us push towards the top of the league

Probably the Mississauga Hounds, I remember when I chose the team to join, I saw that they did look really nice, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it there.

I did not unfortunately. Do not follow the NHL at all.

I think its hitting a max of 90 Fahrenheit today, which usually would be pretty bad, but compared to the other weather we've been getting, no complaints here.

Was just chilling, went to the movies with some friends, and chilled at home.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:23 AM, a_Ferk said:

1. What do you think of your player's performance after 6 games? I am super happy to have no losses in regular time so far 

2. Do you think our goaltending tandem gives us an advantage this season? Yes it’s one of the best of the league 

3. Who do you think will finish first in the VHLM? Us! Hopefully at least 

4. Did you watch the NHL expansion draft? If so, what did you think of the team selected? No I did not watch it I’m not into nhl that much 

:sheesh: it is about 85 today 

6. What did you do over the weekend? Uh nothing went to help with some football practices just the usual:chillin:

• 2 weeks later...

1. In a recent VSN article, Saskatoon was ranked as the #5 team in the VHLM season thus far. What do you think about that ranking?

2. Losing Raphael Sonier, the team's top defenseman in terms of TPE, was not an ideal situation, but Saskatoon has managed to keep rolling regardless. How is the team picking up the slack?

3. Leroy Johnson @Vkobe-v has been an absolute rock for Saskatoon the past two seasons. How does it affect the team knowing that a wildly dependable goaltender is in net for you?

4. Season 80 marks the inaugural season of the VHLE, and players over 200 TPE and less than 399 TPE will be eligible to play in it. Are you planning to play in Europe, or skip it and head to the VHL early?

5. There has been a debate for years on what animal the Saskatoon Wild's logo depicts. What do you think it is?

6. What is the absolute silliest thing you or someone else have used as an avatar?

32 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. In a recent VSN article, Saskatoon was ranked as the #5 team in the VHLM season thus far. What do you think about that ranking?

2. Losing Raphael Sonier, the team's top defenseman in terms of TPE, was not an ideal situation, but Saskatoon has managed to keep rolling regardless. How is the team picking up the slack?

3. Leroy Johnson @Vkobe-v has been an absolute rock for Saskatoon the past two seasons. How does it affect the team knowing that a wildly dependable goaltender is in net for you?

4. Season 80 marks the inaugural season of the VHLE, and players over 200 TPE and less than 399 TPE will be eligible to play in it. Are you planning to play in Europe, or skip it and head to the VHL early?

5. There has been a debate for years on what animal the Saskatoon Wild's logo depicts. What do you think it is?

6. What is the absolute silliest thing you or someone else have used as an avatar?

.1 that is a very generous rating and we deserve it

2 I think offensive players are stepping up

3 we can do our thing

.4 skip

.5 husky

.6 a apple

• 3 weeks later...

- Trash! We are at least TOP3!

- No one player will ever be the reason of the teams success and while team leaders are important, when one leaves another comes in place!

3. Leroy Johnson @Vkobe-v has been an absolute rock for Saskatoon the past two seasons. How does it affect the team knowing that a wildly dependable goaltender is in net for you?

- Tbf goaltender is the last person I want to see having a puck, so from my perspective yes it is good to have a dependable goaltender, but I try not to depend on him too much and make sure I as a player make sure he can depend on me!

- Haven't decided yet! It's a big decision.

- I think it's a Racoon!

- A British countryball having a tophat and tea in his hands.

• 1 month later...

A hush crawls over the room and an unfamiliar face walks to the podium. He is announced as me, of course, the new GM around these parts! Hope you guys like some great TPE opportunities, because that's what you'll have here in the press conference section. Answer 6 questions for 2 capped TPE each week, right here!

1. So far through this season we're middle of the pack, could contend, could rebuild, what should we do?

2. How has your player been performing, are there any areas you'd like to see improvement?

3. How are you finding TPE earning to be, do you think you're getting enough chances to earn?

4. Any burning questions for your new GM (me)? If not, how was the weather today in your neck of the woods?

5. Is this your first year in the VHLM? Last year? How long are you planning on staying around the minors?

6. Finally seeing as we're in a developmental league, do you feel like you're getting the tools you need to develop, or can I do more to help?

1. So far through this season we're middle of the pack, could contend, could rebuild, what should we do? I think there are a lot of good VHLM teams and the roster is sort of barebones, might be a good time to rebuild.

2. How has your player been performing, are there any areas you'd like to see improvement? I'm not scoring as much as I was at the start of the season.

3. How are you finding TPE earning to be, do you think you're getting enough chances to earn? Yeah. I'm falling in my class due to only earning 10/week, but it's going alright I guess.

4. Any burning questions for your new GM (me)? If not, how was the weather today in your neck of the woods? Cold and there's an air quality warning due to fires in the north near hudson bay.

5. Is this your first year in the VHLM? Last year? How long are you planning on staying around the minors? First and last year.

6. Finally seeing as we're in a developmental league, do you feel like you're getting the tools you need to develop, or can I do more to help? I'm a recreate so to be honest I don't need any help.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:02 PM, BarzalGoat said:

A hush crawls over the room and an unfamiliar face walks to the podium. He is announced as me, of course, the new GM around these parts! Hope you guys like some great TPE opportunities, because that's what you'll have here in the press conference section. Answer 6 questions for 2 capped TPE each week, right here!

1. So far through this season we're middle of the pack, could contend, could rebuild, what should we do?

2. How has your player been performing, are there any areas you'd like to see improvement?

3. How are you finding TPE earning to be, do you think you're getting enough chances to earn?

4. Any burning questions for your new GM (me)? If not, how was the weather today in your neck of the woods?

5. Is this your first year in the VHLM? Last year? How long are you planning on staying around the minors?

6. Finally seeing as we're in a developmental league, do you feel like you're getting the tools you need to develop, or can I do more to help?

1. I'd say rebuild. Not many players and not a lot of TPE on the players here. No point in trying to make a run in a year for development.
2. I love where my player is at. A ton of hits and a ton of penalty minutes. Only thing I want to improve on is the shot blocking.
3. Yea I'm doing fine. Should be a good boost now with pressers so hopefully I won't fall that low in my class.
4. Only question I need to ask is if you're a good kisser. Other than that, I know everything I need.
5. For my player yea. I'm hoping I'll be done in 2 seasons. Don't want to stay down and marinate for too long.
6. As long as the pressers are coming in I should be fine for developing.

Monday morning presser rollllll calllllll!!!

1. What's your favorite type of cheese if you eat cheese, if not, why not?

2. What is your favorite pre-game sandwich for a road game? Personally I'm a turkey guy.

3. Do you ever get nervous before a big game? How do you handle it?

4. What's your personal goal for the rest of this season as we approach the trade deadline?

5. Do you think we're going a good job of living up to the Saskatoon Wild name? Are we getting wild enough?

6. This week's theme is "life after VHL", can you give us a preview of what you think your player is doing after their 8 or 9 seasons in the league?

On 10/11/2021 at 9:26 AM, BarzalGoat said:

Monday morning presser rollllll calllllll!!!

2. What is your favorite pre-game sandwich for a road game? Personally I'm a turkey guy.

4. What's your personal goal for the rest of this season as we approach the trade deadline?

5. Do you think we're going a good job of living up to the Saskatoon Wild name? Are we getting wild enough?

6. This week's theme is "life after VHL", can you give us a preview of what you think your player is doing after their 8 or 9 seasons in the league?

1. I love Gouda. I can destroy a wheel in a snap.
2. One can never beat a quality peanut butter and jelly.
3. Nerves never really get to me. Just focus on the now and keep breathing steady.
4. I will be at the top of the league in either hits or penalty minutes. I just need Alex Toon to stop gooning it up out there and I'll get it
5. I mean the wildness will come in once we get some more players. Next season we will truly live up to our name.
6. Good ole Bob will return to Russia and open a humble little deli.

1. With the trade deadline behind us we're rounding into the back half of the season, have you performed as well as you'd like in the sims?

2. Do you feel like the discord community is something you want to have, but don't currently?

3. Are there any obvious ways in which I can increase engagement amongst our team?

4. Is there any feature you've seen on other discords which you think would be fun to copy/steal for us?

5. Stealing this from Sam, but what is your favorite dipping sauce for chicken nuggets?

6. What is the #1 goal for your player in their VHL career, personal achievement? team achievement? making friends?

1. With the trade deadline behind us we're rounding into the back half of the season, have you performed as well as you'd like in the sims? Lately yes since the two leading scorers on Houston were dealt to Minnesota, I am picking up the slack a bit.

2. Do you feel like the discord community is something you want to have, but don't currently? No I am fairly active on discord.

3. Are there any obvious ways in which I can increase engagement amongst our team? Best way to improve engagement is have an active locker room.

4. Is there any feature you've seen on other discords which you think would be fun to copy/steal for us? No but I recommend trying to prioritize activity in the general channel over the secret team one. More engaging because everyone can join in the discussions. (Obviously don't for team sensitive information.)

5. Stealing this from Sam, but what is your favorite dipping sauce for chicken nuggets? Last time I had nuggets I had buffalo sauce and I love it, but felt pretty badly afterwards.

6. What is the #1 goal for your player in their VHL career, personal achievement? team achievement? making friends? I did the latter 2 last time around, so now I'm focusing on trying to win individual awards.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:50 AM, BarzalGoat said:

1. With the trade deadline behind us we're rounding into the back half of the season, have you performed as well as you'd like in the sims? Well I'll go off of the team's performance due to my predicament and I'll say no because you never want to be last place, and all you can do is hope that you can turn that around and make use of it.

2. Do you feel like the discord community is something you want to have, but don't currently? Im fine with the discord community

3. Are there any obvious ways in which I can increase engagement amongst our team? Sometimes people dont want to speak but doing team oriented things and building bonds is always fun

4. Is there any feature you've seen on other discords which you think would be fun to copy/steal for us?Nothing off the top of my head

5. Stealing this from Sam, but what is your favorite dipping sauce for chicken nuggets? Ketchup

6. What is the #1 goal for your player in their VHL career, personal achievement? team achievement? making friends? Becoming captain and helping that team win a victory cup

1. With the trade deadline behind us we're rounding into the back half of the season, have you performed as well as you'd like in the sims? - After coming back, applying what I had, and then earning more on top of it, definitely seeing a big improvement in my play. 

2. Do you feel like the discord community is something you want to have, but don't currently? - Having a great Discord community adds a lot to the team experience, but it's tricky. It often just happens with the players that end up together, which really leaves it up to chance that it will develop. 

3. Are there any obvious ways in which I can increase engagement amongst our team? - You put in the effort, which is all you can really do. Engaging the members that are present can also lead to more activity, which could entice others to join in.

4. Is there any feature you've seen on other discords which you think would be fun to copy/steal for us? - Hard to say, I'm a dinosaur when it comes to Discord, but I see a lot of communities with game bots. Might need to update what we have and add the popular ones being played now.

5. Stealing this from Sam, but what is your favorite dipping sauce for chicken nuggets? - Buffalo sauce all the way!

6. What is the #1 goal for your player in their VHL career, personal achievement? team achievement? making friends? - I'm all about team achievements, because what good are individual awards if you aren't lifting the cup too?

On 10/11/2021 at 9:26 AM, BarzalGoat said:

1.) Big fan of pepperjack - good blend of cheese-y and flavor. I also don't really eat cheese that much, so my opinion isn't that strong.

2.) Big fan of just a peanut butter sandwich or a nice Italian hoagie.

3.) How can you not? But once the skates hit the ice, I'm back in my comfort zone.

4.) I'm just looking to continuously improve for this season and for next season.

5.) Well...we could be doing a little better in the standings, but at least we're all having fun!

6.) Probably joining a retirement hockey league...

On 10/18/2021 at 11:50 AM, BarzalGoat said:

1. With the trade deadline behind us we're rounding into the back half of the season, have you performed as well as you'd like in the sims?

2. Do you feel like the discord community is something you want to have, but don't currently?

3. Are there any obvious ways in which I can increase engagement amongst our team?

4. Is there any feature you've seen on other discords which you think would be fun to copy/steal for us?

5. Stealing this from Sam, but what is your favorite dipping sauce for chicken nuggets?

6. What is the #1 goal for your player in their VHL career, personal achievement? team achievement? making friends?

1. Pretty much. I've fallen back a bit in the hits category but I'll bump that up soon enough.
2. Having an active community is great for everyone involved. I've been busy with real life stuff, but it's always nice to see people continue to interact with each other.
3. You just gotta put the effort in. Activity will come when new members join and see the work you're doing to keep everyone engaged.
4. Not necessarily. Some of the discords I have with friends has the Mudae bot, but I don't wanna bring my weebness too much into the VHL
5. You can never go wrong with straight ketchup. It's truly the best sauce.
6. I will lead the league in hits, no matter what. That's all it's about for Bob. Hitting with a little hitting on the side.

Finish Line is near, presser Time!!!!

1. As the season wraps up, what's 1 thing you're grateful for from this season :)

2. We have a new AGM, and a familiar face in Dylan! What do you think about our front office's newest member?

3. Looks like we've actually been winning some games lately due to our new members, have there been any team bonding exercises? 

4. How do we celebrate wins with our goalies? 

5. While it looks like we'll miss the playoffs, commentary has been that we just don't give up, how do you feel about this idea of never giving up?

6. Rumor has it that the Saskatoon stadium is having a "Frivolous Friday" theme where everyone dresses up as crazy as possible, what are you wearing to the arena? 

On 10/26/2021 at 10:11 AM, BarzalGoat said:

1. As the season wraps up, what's 1 thing you're grateful for from this season :)

2. We have a new AGM, and a familiar face in Dylan! What do you think about our front office's newest member?

3. Looks like we've actually been winning some games lately due to our new members, have there been any team bonding exercises? 

4. How do we celebrate wins with our goalies? 

5. While it looks like we'll miss the playoffs, commentary has been that we just don't give up, how do you feel about this idea of never giving up?

6. Rumor has it that the Saskatoon stadium is having a "Frivolous Friday" theme where everyone dresses up as crazy as possible, what are you wearing to the arena? 

1.) I'm grateful for getting the opportunity to showcase my skills in the VHLM. I know that my time in Saskatoon (most likely) will be short, so it was nice to see the city and get my feet wet in this league.

2.) I honestly don't know too much about him, but I wish him best of luck in the role.

3.) Nothing more than just long bus trips to away games. You learn a lot about your teammates on these multi hour bus rides.

4.) Given that I am the goalie, a lot of the guys just do the standard helmet tap, but some guys try to do these intricate routines - I can't keep up with all of them.

5.) Always give your best - if your best won't do, you can at least say you did everything you could.

6.) I'm gonna show up in skater gear and try to get into a game or practice as a skater.