Best Graphic of Luke Thornton so far...

My other question, not that i'm an authority or involved in this investigation in any official capacity....

@Jtv123 how did you manage to trace this image:  PSX_20201011_101039.jpg

back to this image:  image_search_1602423627293.jpg

??  The visual difference is too much for a software algorithm to link them in an "image search" capacity.   If it's considered snitching, you don't have to answer. 

It wouldnt be the first time that someone took an already modified picture and only added text/logos.

VHL veterans and HoF players did that. Its hypocritical to disallow this when this has been done for a number of years

The OP got a point and it also connects to my original point when I was active. The only thing that is preventing me to do those type of artwork and claim it as 6 tpe is my original reputation.

I could have gone with a completely new username, insinuate that I have no GFX experience and that I'm "trying hard" to get away with generating sigs

...I like meatloaf.

Seriously though. 30 seconds to add a name and 15 seconds to add a filter constitutes "good effort"? Here's HALF of the last sig I made.

kYVg6JP.png

...which took me an hour and doesn't even look all that good.

I55Akon.png

Granted, people get away with low effort. It happens. But 45 seconds is not "good effort", you don't learn anything from it, it's not even effort in the first place. Plus you didn't even make the graphic!

Even searching "[player name] PNG", slapping that over some premade background, and writing said player name in Comic Sans over their face is a) more effort than what you did, and b) probably claimable for at least the first few times you do it until someone notices you're not trying to improve.

I'm not even going to touch on the plagiarism bit or your conduct in this thread, because frankly those are cans of worms of their own which have already been opened and which I have zero interest in shaking around. APPLY YOURSELF and both you and the league will be better for it.

3 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Granted, people get away with low effort. It happens. But 45 seconds is not "good effort", you don't learn anything from it, it's not even effort in the first place. Plus you didn't even make the graphic!

That was my point of saying some people does that and I could easily just take one and make it cartoonish so it can't be searched in a image search, but I don't. Meanwhile some does it.

Do you really think it takes 45 seconds to try and replace the 6 logos that I used in this one and I could of added a name or anoter png player with an invinsible background on the side, but it would of just made it more uglier

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

...I like meatloaf.

Seriously though. 30 seconds to add a name and 15 seconds to add a filter constitutes "good effort"? Here's HALF of the last sig I made.

kYVg6JP.png

...which took me an hour and doesn't even look all that good.

I55Akon.png

Even searching "[player name] PNG", slapping that over some premade background, and writing said player name in Comic Sans over their face is a) more effort than what you did, and b) probably claimable for at least the first few times you do it until someone notices you're not trying to improve.

I'm not even going to touch on the plagiarism bit or your conduct in this thread, because frankly those are cans of worms of their own which have already been opened and which I have zero interest in shaking around. APPLY YOURSELF and both you and the league will be better for it.

well time to throw all my graphics in the garbage

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

I've been told once (many times actually) we can't judge the "effort" of someone based of the result because its unfair for people that are starting to learn the software.

I think thats bullshit but hey, its maybe because I care too much eh

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I've been told once (many times actually) we can't judge the "effort" of someone based of the result because its unfair for people that are starting to learn the software.

I mean to me the issue isn't quality so much as it is "is it clear that, if it's a bad graphic, this person is learning from it and can be expected to at the very least get to the point where they're making something presentable if they're at it long enough". People SHOULD be encouraged to get into making graphics and if that means some legitimately awful stuff gets approved at the start, then that's what that means.

If they continue to put out legitimately awful stuff, then yeah, I'd agree with you. Some updater should eventually end up linking a resource thread and saying "I'm not going to continue approving these unless you can step it up". But if it's just a question of "starting to learn the software" it's not like we shouldn't be more lenient and accepting. Not everyone has to be a sig god--in my own personal experience, it probably took a year between my first graphics and me making anything that I'd actually put in my sig. I certainly wasn't doing them every week but I was taking steps forward--and if someone told me after my first few awful ones that I wasn't good enough to get approved for 6, I'd probably just give it up entirely.

19 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Like these ones.
xYHWGIt.png

Lceka19.png

wdf5fz1.pngFQpZqKO.jpg

I just got better at logo swapping, using some painting and using more cooler design

I don't mean to be negative, but this quite possibly might be the worst string of edits I've ever seen, the bar at the bottom is cool but its like 30x40, you didnt even try for your logo swaps and it's really unfortunate you did that to these fine NHL players, overall not impressed. 1/10

Review Time: 
One can tell you put a huge amount of forethought and effort into this as you captured my and likely other's with the colour being focused on the player with a nice black and white background. The jersey swap is clean and crisp as well. Finally the wide Wranglers banner is both a funny meme and does not hurt the thing. 9/10

@Jtv123

There's a difference between what you've done here, and what other people's created sigs are, no?

You've taken an already heavily edited piece of work and slapped on some logos. It's not the same as just taking a picture from Google and trying to make your own thing. Taking a piece of photography off of Google of a player and adding effects to it is different than this.

You might as well be taking graphics made by VHLers this week and just adding your own team's logo and player names to them. It's the same thing.

6 hours ago, boubabi said:

You can judge the effort, but from newer members it's about learning and trying to improve. As long as the updaters can see improvement and trying new things, then it's still acceptable.

If we go full grading like we used to, it pushes people away from the fun of a league. We'd also have to start harshly grading Media Spots. 4-5 grammar mistakes and a missed punctuation or two means you're not getting 6 TPE. The league would turn into earning TPE from professionally graded articles and high graphic skill, becoming some elite hockey league that only people with those specific skill sets would have superstar players.

I know we've had this argument before, I think years ago now. If the league comes together and wants to turn into that, I'm not even really against going back to the old grading system, but we'd definitely lose people, which of course we should all be against.

Our affiliates, the EFL and SBA have this same kind of reviewing system too though, and I think the familiarity is a good thing for all 3 leagues to be that way.