Stepping Down

Victor

• Admin

It was inevitably going to happen at some point. I did want to be commish and I don't regret it, I wanted to get things done and I did, but there was no way I would be able to continue at an insane activity and high energy pace for the rest of time. I can no longer motivate myself to do things on the VHL, I even purposefully don't go on the VHL when online so I don't feel an obligation to do things, but of course that's a terrible attitude for a commissioner and especially when my whole tenure was built on doing everything quickly.

With that in mind, I am stepping down. I am not leaving the league but I want to have the freedom to do so when I want to and come back when I want to. For the time being I shall remain a behind the scenes admin in the mould of sterling, which hopefully lower the burden on my successor and for the time being, Higgins.

Yes, speaking of successors, in what might end up being a regrettable decision, I have not picked one. I've mentioned a few candidates in the admin forum and these will be contacted in due course. By the off-season, when an active head commish is key, there will be one, but for now, I wanted to give everyone interested to have a fair chance to make themselves known so the VHL's new leader is both the best and most willing (or an effective apprentice to Higgins should he decide to become the head honcho).

Anyway, that's that. It's been a blast but if I stepped up to ensure there was commish proactivity, then I owe it to everyone to step down when I can no longer guarantee it.

chicken_regret_nothing.gif

Victor may get some shit for his tenure here, but it was still a good run. Although this news did kind of come out of the blue here, but if you wanted to feel less obligated to the league and have some more free time to do whatever you please it makes sense.

This has been the week of changes, what the hell else can we get changed around here before the week runs out? 

Victor may get some shit for his tenure here, but it was still a good run. Although this news did kind of come out of the blue here, but if you wanted to feel less obligated to the league and have some more free time to do whatever you please it makes sense.

This has been the week of changes, what the hell else can we get changed around here before the week runs out? 

heh.

So is this the thread where I can call dibs on Victors job?

As Cowboy said, hats off to you sir. You did a stand up job and you left the VHL in a good place. Thank you for your service and I'll make sure your name is celebrated when I take the reigns.