S76 Team Europe WJC Roster Announcement

Laine

Before I continue on, I would just like to say congratulations to all the other GMs who received GM positions in this season's WJC. I would also like to say congratulations to all the players who will take part in this tournament. I am humbled and honoured to accept the position as the GM for Team Europe.

Another season (almost) in the books means another WJC at hand. I'm very excited to reveal who made the Team Europe roster this time around. Without further ado, here is Team Europe's roster for the S76 WJC!

🇪🇺 FORWARDS 🇪🇺

C - Paul Atreides (@Mr_Hatter)
C - That Dude ( @Cornholio)
LW - Kaladin Kvothe ( @DangerGolding

LW - Pekko Viitanen (@Xdjk93)
RW - Gunnar Odinsson ( @BOOM)
RW - Phil The Rock Johnson ( @Phil)
RW - Duncan Idaho ( @OrbitingDeath )
RW - Druss Deathwalker ( @animal74)
RW - Liam Fischl ( @linsangeles)

This forward core certainly packs a punch with a mix of both VHLM and VHL experience. Each of the forwards we've selected has terrific offensive capability and have shown they can play a two-way game. We are very excited to bring in an extremely well-rounded forward core. Down the middle, Atreides and Dude bring a great one-two punch to the table.  A set of Idaho, Deathwalker and Fischl is a terrifying sight for an opposing defense, not to mention The Rock Johnson and a VHLer in Odinsson in front of those three makes our RW spot a position of strength. Down the left side, Kvothe and Viitanen will pack a great two-way style of play with opposing defenses being busy attempting to cover them all.

🇪🇺 DEFENDERS 🇪🇺
D - Battre Sandstrom (@Acydburn )
D - Tom Eagles (@Greg_Di)
D - Kristof Welch (@Juice)
D - Robin Galante Nilsson (@RomanesEuntDomus)

With an intimidating top four featuring a lot of size, skill, experience and physicality, Team Europe's defense group will be tough to tackle for any team. Sandstrom and Eagles at our first pairing will be a lot to handle for opposing offenses with their great play, both in their zone and in their opponents. Welch and Nilsson on the second pairing adds another layer of depth, experience and physicality to this well-oiled machine, capable of sparking offense on their own, and shutting down our opponents.

🇪🇺 GOALTENDERS 🇪🇺
G - Aksu Maronen (@aksuko)
G - Jurgis Kalvelis Blazevicius (@efiug)

This goaltending duo brings a mix of agility, strength, speed, stamina and athleticism. We are excited to have both of them joining our roster. Maronen has the raw athleticism and agility needed in a number one netminder. Blazevicius's strength and speed behind him is perfect for a 1A-1B punch in the crease.

To the S76 Team Europe Roster, congratulations to all of you on your selection! I am excited to be able to work with such a great roster of members! A discord link to the WJC will be provided below:

https://discord.gg/V8aQ5PsxWV

Happy to have you all as members of Team Europe. Meet you in the locker room! - PatrikLaine, S76 Team Europe GM (WJC)