S78 VHL Chess Tournament

N0HBDY

Welcome back folks and after a seemingly unsuccessful rick roll attempt I left you all with last time for the sign up. It is time for the actual tournament to begin! We have a total of 15 players, which will be split into 4 groups for the initial round robin. Skill levels will be somewhat balanced so that you will not be completely destroyed by any other competitor within our wide range of skill this tournament.

Now for me to explain the rules to all of you that have signed up and are new, if you're a returning player, you should already know but for now here is a quick recap. There will be 4 groups, each with 4 players in it, with the exception of our single group this tournament which will have 3 players. You will play each player twice for your official round robin games. You may only have a total amount of 6 games played in the round robin. Each match can be played in the format of 10 minutes games, 30 minute games, daily games, and the newly added to our tournament 15/10. You will be given a period of time where you are free to play any of your matches against your opponents at any time. After either every group has finished their games or the set period of time has expired, yours truly will make a bracket consisting of an "A" and "B" side. "A" side will be of the top two players from each group, whilst "B" side will be of the bottom two of each group. In our brackets there is no "one and done" kind of situation, if you happen to lose a game at any time throughout the bracket stage. You will just fall into the sub-bracket for the next placement you could achieve (ex. you lose 1 match whilst in the running for 1st, you fall to the 3rd place sub-bracket and so on). The bracket placings will be of 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th. Eligible modes you may play matches in for the bracket stage remain the same as the group stage, that being 10 minutes games, 30 minute games, daily games, and 15/10. Below there will be your official group, a spreadsheet will also be linked with basically the same information but with the match results and group standings. You will have until June 15th to play all 6 of your matches, I will be periodically be reminding you to play your matches if your have not, and if you are included in the group of 3 just play each other 3 times.

I can't wait for everyone to begin and to see who will win this tournament! I will hope to write once again about a tournament recap once each stage is complete. 

And finally the moment you have all been waiting for, the groups!

They're just a click away.

Spoiler

Wow you really thought I would put like 15 of these, no I'm a professional, anyways enjoy!

Spoiler

Group A:Bob @IHateBobNutting
    Matt @Matt_O
    Sidd @Siddhus
    Otto @Otto Numminen

Group B:Red @RedSus
    Vat @Vat
    Ricer @Ricer13
    TheCheese @TheCHEESE

Group C:AL @bigAL
    N0HBDY @N0HBDY
    Cole @ColeMrtz
    Ledge @Ledge and Dairy

Group D:Jhatty @jhatty8
    Hedge @hedgehog337
    Gritty @GrittyIsKing09
note* Gritty is forum only

Then as for the linked spreadsheet, here is that for you.

Also lastly, if you still wish to join the discord here is the link: https://discord.gg/qYkeQc5g