S79 Mock Draft: by ajwllmsn (Amateur Opinion)

AJW

ajwllmsn’s S79 VHL Mock Draft

(First Round)

To start things off I must say I have never been part of a draft myself so I am sorry if I am biased in any way. I got inspiration from other Mock Drafts and thought this would be fun to do since my first player will be part of this draft. I don’t know all the draftees personally so I’m not sure who has more impact on the community or not, but I think I have a pretty good idea. So I am sorry if I put anyone too high or low but I tried my best!

Also, this is the standings in the VHL at the moment I am writing this:

200766432_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.ce6ab161fd7de91d565ad9b45d42feff.png

I will follow this order starting with HC Davos all the way to Seattle (if they have their first round picks or not).

1st

k0_v4BfqpSlxfE7jJIy9U7j7gVhdUl8Q16jZbtG-1LIiMHJl5wad0jaem1RWhH6dezzcG-ZebLxia9_7gSpRzTyc4SiXU5mwUeBSB8TeJSn51kLS-70DaPu8csqbOLtThFZPreWf

HC Davos Dynamo

@Zetterberg

RW Tyler Reinhart

With the first overall pick it is not a shock that Tyler Reinhart will be going to the Dynamo. Reinhart has racked up 125 points in 67 games so far and leads all VHLM rookies in almost all categories. The Dynamo do have Declan Wolf and Griff Mackenzie both coming up next season as Right Wingers but I don’t think it would be a good idea to pass up on a staff member in Zetterberg who also leads the draft class in TPE. Reinhart has far more potential than the two players listed as well anyways. I believe Tyler Reinhart will be Davos’ Franchise player and lead Davos to many playoffs and cups. Reinhart in my eyes could easily be top 10 in all time TPE at the pace he is going already.

2nd

l4hWWMxfRkwFZtkyuOg1KQx4ADGa4TGszakisz6mseHWYBVVtgPpppWaHvGU3d_XTjKUlNOCn-s4hV-YmZExMqR1x-KED27mEfdix_dlvjScjwG-PCt0pyZNdOETaGdnFEryl0LV

Vancouver Wolves

@MexicanCow123

LW Jerome Reinhart

This pick I do believe belongs to Jerome Reinhart who will be going to Vancouver 2nd overall. My reasoning for this is MexicanCow123 is a well known staff member through the community and also has a good Left Winger in Reinhart. 82 points in 67 games so far with 39 goals is definitely something to look at. Vancouver does have Kid Frost moving up next season but I believe Jerome Reinhart has so much more potential. Reinhart should be a great Franchise player for the Wolves and should be their top guy very soon.

3rd

l4hWWMxfRkwFZtkyuOg1KQx4ADGa4TGszakisz6mseHWYBVVtgPpppWaHvGU3d_XTjKUlNOCn-s4hV-YmZExMqR1x-KED27mEfdix_dlvjScjwG-PCt0pyZNdOETaGdnFEryl0LV

Vancouver Wolves (From Toronto)

@scoop

RW Taylor Mourning

The third overall pick could go to a couple of players but I do believe Taylor Mourning will end up in Vancouver. The wolves have plenty of centers and are in need of more wingers. As stated above, Vancouver has two wingers moving up next season but Mourning has far more potential and could definitely make a good duo with Jerome Reinhart if they both end up in Vancouver. Mourning currently has 48 points in 68 games with Philadelphia. I think those stats will improve in Vancouver since Scoop is an active member and Taylor Mourning’s skill should rapidly increase to see top line minutes in the next couple of seasons.

4th

dtoPg7q_4RdVquv4IdJDiOTYI1I76UWATgNFWqw0pO1fWTt8mZk00NFxBHjAGlJ3PT3p_D52DplPESBLyOmwCAe4PGBCQsIFqnK1vFC4b30_aWEYyW_u_vQS-nSEuVZgN5oKPxvY

Moscow Menace

@ROOKIE745

C Jonathan Ori

The fourth overall pick in my eyes belongs to Jonathan Ori. The highest ranked centerman in the draft would have a good spot in Moscow. Moscow has five centers at the moment but two are S72 centers who will be gone soon. I believe Ori will move his way up the depth charts for centermen in Moscow in seasons to come. Ori has put up 38 points in 69 games with Minnesota which isn’t too impressive, but performance in the VHLM is not always the same in the VHL. Ori could easily be a solid 2nd line centerman behind Paul Atreides - a Malkin/Crosby type of deal.

5th

tOfraAYUoVWB1uXsliBaybbr0JV0q7JHCQFIJy-zSYXded7ZuLCaNk0pWY9k5QGoxWz82qSCKVDt1dP-lKDGXT95sGMqWe-jKGWc3ziVZt65VJTfnmqypP_K3A_uxVfMjXY3iMJl

Los Angeles Stars

@JardyB10

D Poopy Peepants

Poopy Peepants has great potential to end up in Los Angeles. Peepants is the top ranked defenceman in this draft and has 41 points in 68 games with Miami this season. Which is very good for being on the last place team in the league. JardyB10 is an active player and known through the community. The stars will be losing their veteran Roque Davis next season and could only have one more defenceman moving up. Peepants is a fast improving player and could very easily make his way to top pairings in the future with Los Angeles.

6th

DXpjfhvoDm8vZdFBWlAGKUsm0ReDpryQJX2VDeqdt8IVWBUP3FmcGppaA8_YQYTQxwiOxZacwSTtHESJ6kb2l8iCIbG2_EWFnSaUG0Qgz39iwr0wgbnv-xQAHAuyQLjvO_tGj0NB

Riga Reign

@Beketov

G Papa Emeritus

This pick seriously confuses me and I could be so wrong. Papa Emeritus is an amazing goalie behind the works of the senior staff member Beketov, so I do believe Emeritus could go higher. But I am sticking him here since all the other teams ahead have two goalies who won’t be leaving soon. Riga does have two goalies on their team but Calvin Harvey is S73 and will retire soon. With a 52-8-4 record on Yukon this year, Emeritus can easily work his way to the starter spot on Riga. I believe Emeritus can stay with Riga for a long time and help to make Riga a successful team. This goalie has a lot of value and will be wanted by many teams.

7th

kTpwB8LPNUA2JCGhhsALtvx1oR8779HONMVBZLPm9HbRidAmJ0fTnMg9LxyUAQEsZidXRIB-oGZ8c-_VZe1obMRjZsi457uXKQyCXwxuDQawT-yZvWkdFacrWrEidJk86LdfGPc5

Prague Phantoms (From D.C.)

@osens

C Omi Aberg

This could be a stretch but I do think Omi Aberg could end up in Prague. The phantoms are in dying need of another centerman and Aberg is the second best in the draft. Prague could take Aberg with their 12th pick, but I believe he will be gone before then. Aberg has 45 points in 68 games with the Ottawa Lynx this season and has been working hard on improving. osens is a very active player who maxes capped tpe every week so it is not too shocking that he could go higher than what his ranking currently is. 

8th

drk2LWLHLEBK7w1s_eGLBWeX8pBMjUhIG8XmKaAh2KwQMDOdufff2oCZfrymJOjJsgZ_f8JsDMcgROP_N5tdFzKPcX1kyFg2FtQ801Qxh55RKO-IABmLksfD9Yn0_mesClO17Ikq

Malmo Nighthawks

@jRuutu

D Erlantz Jokinen

The Malmo Nighthawks should be taking Erlantz Jokinen at 8th overall. jRuutu is an active player with 68 points in 67 games in Yukon. Malmo has veteran defenceman who will retire soon so Jokinen can definitely take their place. The Nighthawks do have two defencemen ready to move up next season but Jokinen has more potential and is more active. I believe Jokinen will be Malmo’s top defenceman and leader very soon.

9th

yvCJJlOOjCgyTO13zrdB69vVz9LjSr_0L1f6ky5Qcd5r7LBWmndCOicHHoftWyoMScRcdSnok8XuvbL_Qn4j5vxm9UFuIq-TE-x5QSieAiIFnRVz1MWu2XF9ufouNqu8avTbAC3s

Seattle Bears (From Calgary)

@SlapshotDragon

RW Sigard Petrenko

The Seattle Bears are dying for wingers and Petrenko would be a solid pick to be their only forward prospect. Petrenko would start playing instantly for the Bears and could possibly see second line minutes with the lack of wingers Seattle has. Petrenko joined the VHLM late this season but has racked up 32 points in 27 games in Houston. SlapshotDragon is an active member on the forums and Petrenko is not his first player, so Seattle should have trust in this solid right winger.

10th

wDUEi-ZtrrVxvJmr-UXUvgE5Fe1iJ0gr-RSCYq0beeJYHb-XUTGkc7jYvI4WNFx3gUQi-RRWGIUnnG8g_3LDI-2XSJH-MFY3xa5YvTO3N6zopAE7FsSik1h1jeqWc_OnA1qdEyQV

Warsaw Predators (From New York)

@Donno100

G Orion D H Chiester IX

The Predators have one goalie at the moment and could definitely use a second with a great pick in Chiester IX. Chiester IX has a 12-12-2 record with the Ottawa Lynx who have a losing record, so 12-12-2 is pretty impressive. Donno100 is an active member who does not max capped tpe weekly but is most definitely the next best goalie for Warsaw to choose. Warsaw’s current goalie is getting closer to retirement as well so Chiester IX could see starting minutes very soon if they stay consistent.

11th

XnnLeO0WUIdgVxJXV5zK31xJmYAkwL1bu6p5uH5f-IX8eZrsmodbdoqksgaCyvezlmNm4ihfaPGiMzSVGihCqZRkSp-dR0ZPa7rYuQlj1LGIM3ZPlijkEVfgsu70bdJs5q6PdIzz

Helsinki Titans

@Baby Boomer

RW Baby Bob

The Helsinki Titans do not need a winger but could use a solid right winger like Baby Bob. Baby Boomer is an active member and Baby Bob has been doing well with 72 points in 69 games in Mississauga, on one of the worst teams in the VHLM. Helsinki has plenty of right wingers but they are mostly veterans, so Baby Bob could eventually move their way up the depth charts once those veterans retire. 

12th

C5ZhA6DSLJALl-AFWLB-kASzkRuP-VU4vjKkS3VYQaDZlMOS-rvkH6Wvpdj7Dosjxn6BLOVhg3s-uxs_kvC7nbqEMRNssNFVduoP8whN6REEWm8qzpapNBPkxRsD3b3sBfba9CWC

Prague Phantoms

@ajwllmsn

RW AJ Williams

The Prague Phantoms could definitely use a right winger like AJ Williams. Prague currently has one right winger and none ready to move up yet. Williams could fit as a 2nd liner eventually with improvement, and then a first liner once S73 Dan Baillie Jr retires. Williams has 50 points in 68 games with the Ottawa Lynx which is not bad for being on a losing team. If the phantoms pick up centerman Omi Aberg with their 7th overall pick, Williams and Aberg could see a long career together, both being Lynx alumni.

13th

Vancouver Wolves (From London)

@PadStack

LW Miroslav Tsarov

Even though Vancouver selected a left winger earlier in this draft, I think they would be losing out on Tsarov if they did not draft them. Miroslav Tsarov is one of the last players in this draft who does not only live off of welfare. Tsarov has 55 points in 69 games with Halifax. Vancouver would then have Reinhart as a solid first line left winger, but I think Tsarov would be their definite 2nd line left winger. If Tsarov stays consistently improving, Reinhart and Tsarov will be powerhouse left wingers for the wolves.

14th

drk2LWLHLEBK7w1s_eGLBWeX8pBMjUhIG8XmKaAh2KwQMDOdufff2oCZfrymJOjJsgZ_f8JsDMcgROP_N5tdFzKPcX1kyFg2FtQ801Qxh55RKO-IABmLksfD9Yn0_mesClO17Ikq

Malmo Nighthawks (From Warsaw)

@oilmandan

G Em Em Flex

In my opinion Malmo needs to take Em Em Flex with this pick instead of their 16th overall pick since Chicago will with their 15th overall pick. Malmo could use another goaltender since their backup now is in their last season. Flex is active weekly and would be a backup goalie for the Nighthawks. Flex has a tough 12-54-2 record with Miami so far but still has lots of room to improve. Malmo most likely would not get Flex to play for them right away, but I think Flex is a future good backup goalie for the Nighthawks.

15th

ZNOctPBbBEmb158DCpicCLG5J8CzLk2CFrOIzx4-pwVPhypzw78pxrSpBetYunmTtqZFQKysBSPo7wSmh3aBM32CTLh4bVfqAdIS2NyY16wj5fhZLb5i0hmKK47qr639hI7j2Qei

Chicago Phoenix

@Wolverine

LW Jakub Brozik

Chicago really could use a goaltender but their next best option is definitely Jakub Brozik. The Phoenix do not need another winger but Brozik is a solid player and would be hard to pass up. 79 points in 69 games with Mississauga speaks for itself. Brozik would be their top winger prospect and with Robin Winter retiring soon, Brozik could see top minutes very soon if they stay active and keep improving. The Phoenix have two other left wingers at the moment, but they only collect welfare, so Brozik has potential to be better than them.

16th

Malmo Nighthawks (From Seattle)

@Birdman

LW John Baard

After drafting a defenceman and a goaltender already, I think Malmo would love to pick up left winger John Baard. Birdman is active weekly and their player John Baard has played well in the VHLM putting up 41 points in 46 games with Houston. Malmo has depth in left winger prospects, but if Baard stays consistently improving, he will surpass them in no time. Baard could be a solid 3rd line winger for the Nighthawks and potentially 2nd line if put on the right wing.

Conclusion

I hope this mock draft was fun to read and I hope the players/people I picked enjoyed reading their potential team’s summary for them. Once again I tried my hardest to not be biased and the formula I followed was mostly:

Member/Activity

The VHL team’s needs

Position

TPE

I tried my best to follow this order but in some situations I did not.

AKA I am a first generation player and new to the entire VHL/M community/system, so I do not exactly know how drafts work around here or what GMs truly look for. So in the end I hope you all enjoyed the #DRAFTHYPE and let me know your feedback, I am dying to know if these rankings are totally off or somewhat accurate. 

Thanks for reading, and you might wonder, AJ, why are you still typing, why do you never use apostrophes when you write, why do you write do not instead of don’t? Well that is a very good question and I would love to answer it in a couple more words. Okay that is all the time I have, goodbye.

This was for fun but I need my PTs lol.

(2041 words, using PT for weeks July 4, July 11, July 18, July 25)

Hello. I mostly liked your article. There are a few picks that I am skeptical about and one is Emeritus, as Riga needs a goalie ASAP with the core they have and I could see them making a trade. Based on TPE I don't think J. Reinhart goes that high either. I also don't really see Brozik going in the first round as he has had 2 players in the past 3 seasons. However, even though I don't agree with you on all of them you gave good reasoning as to why you put each player where you did. 9/10 

Review: Amazing job! I like that you took the time to have the team logos, and I can really tell that you put a lot of time and effort into this! All of your picks were well explained and fit the team needs perfectly! I look forward to reading your future media spots! Also, best of luck in the VHLM and VHL drafts! 10/10 

14 minutes ago, a_Ferk said:

Hello. I mostly liked your article. There are a few picks that I am skeptical about and one is Emeritus, as Riga needs a goalie ASAP with the core they have and I could see them making a trade. Based on TPE I don't think J. Reinhart goes that high either. I also don't really see Brozik going in the first round as he has had 2 players in the past 3 seasons. However, even though I don't agree with you on all of them you gave good reasoning as to why you put each player where you did. 9/10 

Thanks for the feedback! Didn’t even know that about Brozik, would’ve changed him out if I did.

Edited by ajwllmsn

Awesome pre-draft post AJ, what I can say about Ori is that his point production picked up after the second half of the season, 13 points in the first 36 games and 27 points in the next 36. 40 total points which is funny cause I predicted he'd get somewhere around that mark.

Review: I myself love doing mock drafts, and seeing another one done well makes me happy. The formatting is good, the little team logos and the player descriptions are on point and the writing in general is pretty darn good. And @a_Ferk a Bek player is a very valuable trade chip when you're, ahem, trading for a goalie.

9/10

18 hours ago, Ledge and Dairy said:

Review: I myself love doing mock drafts, and seeing another one done well makes me happy. The formatting is good, the little team logos and the player descriptions are on point and the writing in general is pretty darn good. And @a_Ferk a Bek player is a very valuable trade chip when you're, ahem, trading for a goalie.

9/10

Touche

Review: I know this has been reviewed to death but dammit I'm gonna do it anyway. Pretty solid mock draft and good amount of info included as well. I admire the time taken to add each team logo in and using bold words as well tagging each player is great to. Good spacing and I didn't notice any spelling issues. Since this was done before the season ended I do like that you included the standings. I thin using some color coding for each team would have been another nice touch and maybe some draft photo to but I'm fine without one either. 9.5/10