Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

1 hour ago, Berocka said:

1. Seattle in the VHL and not following the M or E

2. Not at all the VHLM I believe is solely for the development, so I don't care about how I do in the M

3. Would think it is kinda cool

Q1) If GMs had to call each other to make trades do you think trades would happen less often

Q2) If you had to give a VHL team an NHL sister team what would be your top three

Q3) Would you rather be the best player in the league or win three cups

1. Maybe but I do think it’s easier to talk trades when you can have immediate responses.  So through things like discord it may honestly be kinda easier too.  

2. I don’t fully understand but I’d say Malmo and Dallas, Seattle and Seattle ha and Toronto and Montreal for the lols. 

3. Cups…I am so desperate for some cups.  

—-

1. Who will win the Continental Cup?

2. Any idea what your next player name will be? If not, use a name generator and get the craziest one possible.  

3. Summer is in full swing.   What is your favourite summer activity that you can’t really do much in any other season?

11 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. Maybe but I do think it’s easier to talk trades when you can have immediate responses.  So through things like discord it may honestly be kinda easier too.  

2. I don’t fully understand but I’d say Malmo and Dallas, Seattle and Seattle ha and Toronto and Montreal for the lols. 

3. Cups…I am so desperate for some cups.  

—-

1. Who will win the Continental Cup?

Going to go with Seattle again, they always seem to pull it off! Also have a solid team on paper.

2. Any idea what your next player name will be? If not, use a name generator and get the craziest one possible.  

Just recreated so used a name generator for this question. It came up with Flapki Noodleham

3. Summer is in full swing.   What is your favourite summer activity that you can’t really do much in any other season?

Hanging out at the beach, living in Canada we only get a few months of beach season.

Q1) What a comeback by the Wolves, what are your thoughts on that series?

Q2) Other then the Vancouver Series, is there any other series across the 3 leagues that you are following or that has been as exciting?
Q3) If you're trying to fail and you succeed; did you fail or did you succeed?

ANSWERS:

Q1) What a comeback by the Wolves, what are your thoughts on that series?

To be fair I have not had the chance to follow them as Im still busy with my own teams playoffs

Q2) Other then the Vancouver Series, is there any other series across the 3 leagues that you are following or that has been as exciting?

Definitely my teams road to victory. Not there yet, but on the way....

Q3) If you're trying to fail and you succeed; did you fail or did you succeed?

You failed the action, but you succeeded in your plan to fail.

QUESTIONS:

1. What has been your players goal this season and have you achieved it?

2. In VHLM when you chose your team to join, how did you made that decision?

3. As the 1 of 5 per day, orange juice or apple juice and why?

On 7/8/2024 at 5:25 PM, Mr Bohannan said:

QUESTIONS:

1. What has been your players goal this season and have you achieved it?

2. In VHLM when you chose your team to join, how did you made that decision?

3. As the 1 of 5 per day, orange juice or apple juice and why?

Answers:

1. I had a handful of goals this season; break the all-time goalie wins and shutout records for my VHL team (which I achieved both!). The other is some playoff success, so we will have to wait and see for that.

2. I picked a team that was going to offer me playing time (every single team had 1 or 2 goalies at that time in the VHLM already) so I landed where there was only 1 goalie and the team still needed back-up games late in the season. It ended up being a wonderful LR and team to join!

3. I enjoy both, but I’ll go with apple juice because both of my sons like it more so that’s what is usually in my fridge for them.

Questions:

Q1) Is there a player in the league (that isn’t yourself and isn’t in your team) that you cheer for whenever you aren’t playing against them?  If so, who is it?
Q2) What is your favourite looking VHL/E/M team logo and what is your least favourite?

Q3) How has your summer been so far and do you plan on travelling anywhere?

On 7/9/2024 at 9:46 PM, DarkSpyro said:

Answers:

1. I had a handful of goals this season; break the all-time goalie wins and shutout records for my VHL team (which I achieved both!). The other is some playoff success, so we will have to wait and see for that.

2. I picked a team that was going to offer me playing time (every single team had 1 or 2 goalies at that time in the VHLM already) so I landed where there was only 1 goalie and the team still needed back-up games late in the season. It ended up being a wonderful LR and team to join!

3. I enjoy both, but I’ll go with apple juice because both of my sons like it more so that’s what is usually in my fridge for them.

Questions:

Q1) Is there a player in the league (that isn’t yourself and isn’t in your team) that you cheer for whenever you aren’t playing against them?  If so, who is it?
Q2) What is your favourite looking VHL/E/M team logo and what is your least favourite?

Q3) How has your summer been so far and do you plan on travelling anywhere?

1) Red Panda @Lemorse7, because how am I supposed to cheer against a red panda?

Red Panda Love GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

2) My favourite logos are Miami and Malmo, which is maybe kind of biased but I feel like even if I wasn't biased those would be my favourites. They are both pretty awesome. Prague is nice too. Least favourite... probably NY Americans

3) Pretty good although I've been sick a few times which has been kind of annoying... we are planning a trip to Orlando/Disney World in a few weeks, leaving July 31st so that should be fun!

---

1) Who do you think will play in the Continental Cup finals this season and who wins?

2) What do you do in the VHL off-season, do you get into the various off-season tournaments, prefer to relax and take a bit of a break, or anything else?

3) Does your player have any particular rival team or player?

1) Who do you think will play in the Continental Cup finals this season and who wins?
I will say Toronto and Moscow with Toronto coming out ahead

2) What do you do in the VHL off-season, do you get into the various off-season tournaments, prefer to relax and take a bit of a break, or anything else?

If I'm playing a tournament I will follow along, otherwise just relax and wait for the season to start.

Maybe Vancouver or Seattle. I see them both as strong young teams that will probably compete with us for a few seasons to come

------

1) How did you feel your favourite NHL team has done in the off-season (draft, FA etc)

2) Any goals for next season in the VHL for your player?

3) What is your player's favourite type of ice cream?

Edited by Velevra

18 minutes ago, Velevra said:

I will say Toronto and Moscow with Toronto coming out ahead

If I'm playing a tournament I will follow along, otherwise just relax and wait for the season to start.

Maybe Vancouver or Seattle. I see them both as strong young teams that will probably compete with us for a few seasons to come

------

1) How did you feel your favourite NHL team has done in the off-season (draft, FA etc)

2) Any goals for next season in the VHL for your player?

3) What is your player's favourite type of ice cream?

1. Habs fan. B+ for me.  Love Demidov and Hage too.  Okay with leaving most of the FA alone.  Wouldn’t hate being slightly more aggressive tho.  But happy nevertheless. 

2. A Cup…seriously…since Season 41!!!

3. Love me some Pralines n Cream.  

—-

1. Write your perfect ending script for your players career? What happens in their last moments as a VHL player?

2. Favourite show to watch when you are just looking to put something on in the background?

3. Name one strength and weakness of your player that doesn’t show up as a specific attribute.  

On 7/11/2024 at 10:30 PM, Advantage said:

1. Write your perfect ending script for your players career? What happens in their last moments as a VHL player?

2. Favourite show to watch when you are just looking to put something on in the background?

3. Name one strength and weakness of your player that doesn’t show up as a specific attribute.  

1) Lifting the Cup, a surefire lock for the HoF, and the people of Ukraine free from Soviet occupation 

2) Seinfeld probably. Or the office. Something like that.

3) He's selfish on the ice, which, given his shooting skill, is a strength, but maybe he doesn't use his teammates well, so a weakness.

1) Do you follow any non-NHL teams?

2) What do you expect for your player this coming season?

3) I just had a breakfast wrap with a fried egg, cheddar cheese, and vegetarian sausage. It was excellent. If you were to make me another one and keep it vegetarian, what ingredient would you add?

23 hours ago, der meister said:

1) Lifting the Cup, a surefire lock for the HoF, and the people of Ukraine free from Soviet occupation 

2) Seinfeld probably. Or the office. Something like that.

3) He's selfish on the ice, which, given his shooting skill, is a strength, but maybe he doesn't use his teammates well, so a weakness.

1) Do you follow any non-NHL teams?

2) What do you expect for your player this coming season?

3) I just had a breakfast wrap with a fried egg, cheddar cheese, and vegetarian sausage. It was excellent. If you were to make me another one and keep it vegetarian, what ingredient would you add?

--------------

Answers 

1) Through my husband I some what follow the CFL. I used to follow the MLS until a couple of years ago. 

2) New things! With the guidance of my GM my player has switched positions from a D to a F. I'm hoping the change will help my player out of their rut and more progress on the horizon.

3) Guacamole or Avocado! I love either of those in any breakfast wrap and find it adds great flavor. 

Questions:

1) If you're player has to switch positions right now, what position would you swap to too and why?

2) Which offseason tournaments are you looking forward too?

3) Do you have any travel plans this summer?

6 hours ago, Subject056 said:

Questions:

1) If you're player has to switch positions right now, what position would you swap to too and why?

2) Which offseason tournaments are you looking forward too?

3) Do you have any travel plans this summer?

Answers

1. If I had to switch positions, I would probably go to wing. My player is a center, but is currently a winger, so it would make the most sense.

2. I don't participate in many off-season tournaments, but usually JST is always fun to see the new first gens coming into the league.

3. I already went on my trip, but we went to the Dominican Republic for a week and it was a great time!

Questions

1. What team are you going to be on next season (VHL, VHLE, VHLM)? Is there anything you are looking forward to in the upcoming season?

2. How do you think your favorite NHL team did this off-season? Do you feel they got better, worse, or stayed the same?

3. What other game(s) do you enjoy playing?

2 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

Answers

1. If I had to switch positions, I would probably go to wing. My player is a center, but is currently a winger, so it would make the most sense.

2. I don't participate in many off-season tournaments, but usually JST is always fun to see the new first gens coming into the league.

3. I already went on my trip, but we went to the Dominican Republic for a week and it was a great time!

Questions

1. What team are you going to be on next season (VHL, VHLE, VHLM)? Is there anything you are looking forward to in the upcoming season?

2. How do you think your favorite NHL team did this off-season? Do you feel they got better, worse, or stayed the same?

3. What other game(s) do you enjoy playing?

1. I'm going to be on the LA Stars. This will be my second player on this team. Should be a fun one! I'm hoping for a good rookie season.

2. I think they did okay. The Islanders usually either does nothing or makes a bad choice. We made a decent one this offseason. Who knows.

3. I love singleplayer games. I don't care for multiplayer anymore.

1. What arena would you want to visit for hockey? Could be real or fake.

2. If it's too hot outside, what do you like to do?

3. Any workout advice?

Edited by youloser1337

4 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

1. What arena would you want to visit for hockey? Could be real or fake.

2. If it's too hot outside, what do you like to do?

3. Any workout advice?

1. Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, NY. It's the site of the 1980 USA's Miracle On Ice, and ultimately a destination for any fan of the game. 

2. I've been enjoying a lot of MLB The Show lately, and with it being so hot, maybe I'm getting too much time on it. 

3. Find something you like to do, instead of just going to do it. Your motivation will be so much higher to do it that way. 

1. Realistically, how long will it actually be until a Canadian team lifts the Cup again?

2. Who's a VHL member that you feel everyone should get to be a teammate of at least once?

3. What's your favorite way to beat the summer heat?

29 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, NY. It's the site of the 1980 USA's Miracle On Ice, and ultimately a destination for any fan of the game. 

2. I've been enjoying a lot of MLB The Show lately, and with it being so hot, maybe I'm getting too much time on it. 

3. Find something you like to do, instead of just going to do it. Your motivation will be so much higher to do it that way. 

1. Realistically, how long will it actually be until a Canadian team lifts the Cup again?

2. Who's a VHL member that you feel everyone should get to be a teammate of at least once?

3. What's your favorite way to beat the summer heat?

1. I'd say probably within the next 5 years, I believe that Canadian teams in general are slowly getting farther and farther into the playoffs more consistently (mainly Edmonton and Vancouver nowadays) so it's a matter of time before the curse is broken.

2. Definitely ROOKIE745, consistently earns TPE and makes really good players, and is also just such a positive teammate and friend to have within the VHL. Even on when we are on opposing teams, ROOKIE is a pleasure to be friends with. And heck, while I'm mentioning former rivals, let's throw in DarkSpyro. Spyro has a great energy about him and also makes excellent players. Both of them are a big reason Lafontaine was such a fun player for me.

3. I would have to say going to the basement or a really effective AC. Give me a Drumstick and I am living life at my best. Nothing beats coming inside after a hot day and just cooling down as soon as you walk in the door. Or at the very least, after running down to the basement.

1. What monument, building, or event does your player enjoy the most in their team's city?

2. What benchmarks are you hoping your player hits next season?

3. What is your favourite kind of weather and why?

35 minutes ago, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. I'd say probably within the next 5 years, I believe that Canadian teams in general are slowly getting farther and farther into the playoffs more consistently (mainly Edmonton and Vancouver nowadays) so it's a matter of time before the curse is broken.

2. Definitely ROOKIE745, consistently earns TPE and makes really good players, and is also just such a positive teammate and friend to have within the VHL. Even on when we are on opposing teams, ROOKIE is a pleasure to be friends with. And heck, while I'm mentioning former rivals, let's throw in DarkSpyro. Spyro has a great energy about him and also makes excellent players. Both of them are a big reason Lafontaine was such a fun player for me.

3. I would have to say going to the basement or a really effective AC. Give me a Drumstick and I am living life at my best. Nothing beats coming inside after a hot day and just cooling down as soon as you walk in the door. Or at the very least, after running down to the basement.

1. What monument, building, or event does your player enjoy the most in their team's city?

2. What benchmarks are you hoping your player hits next season?

3. What is your favourite kind of weather and why?

1. I'll go with the Turning Torso. The Öresund Bridge also looks neat.

2. 35 goals, 100 points, 200 hits, 1 Daisuke Kanou Trophy. I never mean my expectations, though, and I'll probably see something more like 25 goals, 75 points, 150 hits.

3. I love thunderstorms when I'm sleeping. Otherwise something like mid-60's and sunny. I do also enjoy sunshowers.

1. What is your favorite part about the off-season?

2. How is your current player's career going compared to your expecations or hopes at the beginning of it?

3. How do you keep from getting burnt out on the VHL?

On 7/15/2024 at 1:09 AM, scoop said:

1. I'll go with the Turning Torso. The Öresund Bridge also looks neat.

2. 35 goals, 100 points, 200 hits, 1 Daisuke Kanou Trophy. I never mean my expectations, though, and I'll probably see something more like 25 goals, 75 points, 150 hits.

3. I love thunderstorms when I'm sleeping. Otherwise something like mid-60's and sunny. I do also enjoy sunshowers.

1. What is your favorite part about the off-season?

2. How is your current player's career going compared to your expecations or hopes at the beginning of it?

3. How do you keep from getting burnt out on the VHL?

1. I really enjoy the draft.  Great to see so many new members get to be part of a new org, and it's awesome being a draftee when it's your time as well.

2. Pretty good.  Can't complain with his consistency (three straight 90+ point seasons).  Would like to see a little more elite play and preferably a cup, but I could be way unluckier.

3. Ive been burnt out a few times but the easiest way is to just try and enjoy yourself.  I've stopped GM'ing for example and that's helped a lot. Sometimes focusing on just your player and the experience is a lot more relaxing and fun.

---

1. What is your player's nickname on his professional team?

2. Who is winning the Stanley Cup next season after this interesting off-season?

3. What is one goal for you as a member? Whether it be a position to hold or a personal goal (Builder HOF/BOG/Time Spent in League/etc).

17 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. I really enjoy the draft.  Great to see so many new members get to be part of a new org, and it's awesome being a draftee when it's your time as well.

2. Pretty good.  Can't complain with his consistency (three straight 90+ point seasons).  Would like to see a little more elite play and preferably a cup, but I could be way unluckier.

3. Ive been burnt out a few times but the easiest way is to just try and enjoy yourself.  I've stopped GM'ing for example and that's helped a lot. Sometimes focusing on just your player and the experience is a lot more relaxing and fun.

---

1. What is your player's nickname on his professional team?

Too early to get a nickname as no VHL games yet but I am sure one will pop up as soon as he gets in there

2. Who is winning the Stanley Cup next season after this interesting off-season?

I always say Toronto but I also always expect the 1st round disappointment lol

3. What is one goal for you as a member? Whether it be a position to hold or a personal goal (Builder HOF/BOG/Time Spent in League/etc).

HOF for sure, on my 4th guy and still missing that HOF nod. Hopefully this is the one!

1) What are your players non hockey related goals for this off-season?
2) Super early predictions....who will win the championship across all 3 leagues (VHL/VHLE/VHLM)
3) Every Day, ten things appear in your backyard. If all of them start with the same letter, what would you want that letter to be?

On 7/16/2024 at 7:25 PM, Advantage said:

1) What are your players non hockey related goals for this off-season?

For Pastanap , it is too prove even tho a welfare player , the tpe earning is max otherwise. 
2) Super early predictions....who will win the championship across all 3 leagues (VHL/VHLE/VHLM)

SEATTLE 

VASTERAS

HALIFAX 
3) Every Day, ten things appear in your backyard. If all of them start with the same letter, what would you want that letter to be? 

M because then I could get money daily 💸 💰 🤑 

1.  It is the vhls 17th birthday,  how long ago was your 17th birthday lol?

2. Are you for or against Michigan style goals in hockey? 

3. In your opinion, what is a more impressive performance ? scoring a hattrick , recording 5 assist or recording a 50 save shutout ? 

On 7/18/2024 at 7:47 AM, Jubis said:

1.  It is the vhls 17th birthday,  how long ago was your 17th birthday lol?

Long enough ago that I don't remember much about it other than getting a cool Sabres jacket and a girl I had a crush on came to my house. 

On 7/18/2024 at 7:47 AM, Jubis said:

2. Are you for or against Michigan style goals in hockey? 

Eh. It's a cool skill but doesn't excite me in the same way as a well executed passing play does.

3. In your opinion, what is a more impressive performance ? scoring a hattrick , recording 5 assist or recording a 50 save shutout ? 

50 save shutout requires constant focus, so it's far more impressive.

Q1) what's the last place your player went on vacation, and what did they do there?

Q2) what's the last place you went on vacation, and what did you do there?

Q3) I'm in a bad mood, sick of my job, sick of the country, sick of pretty much everything. If I were going to move (currently in New York), where would you recommend I go?

Q1) what's the last place your player went on vacation, and what did they do there?

Riga old town. It wasn't much of a vacation, more of an off day, holiday. Went there with my friends and we just partied.

Q2) what's the last place you went on vacation, and what did you do there?

Went to London and met up with some friends.

Q3) I'm in a bad mood, sick of my job, sick of the country, sick of pretty much everything. If I were going to move (currently in New York), where would you recommend I go?

Spain. Good weather, good culture.

Questions:
1. Do you use any perfume or cologne, if yes, what's the name of it?

2. If you would have to do one thing that you would never do otherwise, what would it be?

3. Do you think you will achieve the goals set for your player?

1. Do you use any perfume or cologne, if yes, what's the name of it?
Not anymore, I used to wear some when I was younger.

2. If you would have to do one thing that you would never do otherwise, what would it be?
Would be cool to travel the world more. Just take a year off and doing that would be lit.

3. Do you think you will achieve the goals set for your player?
I sure hope so. I built my player to be more of a role player who is strong defensively to hopefully help a team win a chanpionship

----
1. Any hopes for what your team might do in the offseason?

2. Do you have an early prediction for VHL MVP next season?

3. What's one of your favourite songs that you are listening to this summer?

6 hours ago, Velevra said:

1. Any hopes for what your team might do in the offseason?

2. Do you have an early prediction for VHL MVP next season?

3. What's one of your favourite songs that you are listening to this summer?

1) I'm hoping that Davos will make the playoffs and finally be contenders with the upcoming prospects we got!

2) Duh, me. Sincerely, it will probably be one of the perennial candidates, Kerr, etc.

3) H-O-T-T-O-G-O YOU CAN TAKE ME HOT TO GO

1) I forgot to post my team's Press Conference this week, did you shirk any responsibilities this week?

2) How do you get inspiration for your ideas? I can't think of crap for a sig lately.

3) Have any fun plans for the rest of the summer? Vacations?

9 hours ago, Vice said:

1) I forgot to post my team's Press Conference this week, did you shirk any responsibilities this week?

2) How do you get inspiration for your ideas? I can't think of crap for a sig lately.

3) Have any fun plans for the rest of the summer? Vacations?

1. I actually did the same thing. It got to Wednesday and I figured it was too late so I didn't end up doing it.

2. I try and keep up to date with things going on in the league an take inspiration from that. Sometimes things just come to me though.

3. I have to move in a couple of weeks so that's my big plans. I am going to go visit my brother for a few days soon though, so that should be more fun.

1) What do you like to see in your team's locker room to keep you engaged?

2) What's a strange food combination that you like? I hear @Thunder likes spaghetti-os and baloney

3) What number do you like to wear and why?

Edited by ace_five_

3 hours ago, ace_five_ said:

1) What do you like to see in your team's locker room to keep you engaged?

2) What's a strange food combination that you like? I hear @Thunder likes spaghetti-os and baloney

3) What number do you like to wear and why?

1) I mostly just try and keep things fresh and new, really nice having a more active LR again since Davos has been more competitive recently.

2) not really, although for some reason Ketchup on Shepard's pie is delicious!

3) 8, it was the last jersey left when I started playing hockey and just stuck.

1) What VHL team has most surprised you so far this offseason?

2) What's your player's goals for next season?

3) Is cereal soup?

2 hours ago, Alex said:

1) What VHL team has most surprised you so far this offseason?

2) What's your player's goals for next season?

3) Is cereal soup?

1. Davos trading a 1st for Ben Laas is definitely something I didn't see coming, but I feel like more surprises are on the way.

2. Win the Continental Cup. I imagine putting up good stats will help that, but the Cup itself is the true goal.

3. By definition, putting milk into a bowl of cereal makes it soup.

1. In your opinion, what is the greatest hockey video game ever made?

2. With Spartan having finally broken his Continental Cup curse, what is the next VHL curse to be broken?

3. There have been some new GM signings in the league, which team got the best candidate?

5 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. In your opinion, what is the greatest hockey video game ever made?

2. With Spartan having finally broken his Continental Cup curse, what is the next VHL curse to be broken?

3. There have been some new GM signings in the league, which team got the best candidate?

Answers

1. Personally, I'm going to go with NHL 14. It is a banger and honestly I think it's the best game in the whole NHL franchise.

2. Warsaw winning a series. It has to be achieved soon I believe.

3. I'm going to go with London. They're going to have a great rebuild with Baby Boomer at the helm.

Questions

1. Who do you think is going to go first overall in the VHL draft?

2. What do you think should be the new for the new team in Utah (Utah Hockey Club is the current name)?

3. Do you follow any other sports besides hockey? If so, which is your favorite?