Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

7 hours ago, mattyIceman said:

1 - Why is there no team in Quebec?  Where would you put one and in which league?

2 - Which pre game beats hype you up before a game?

3 - I never understood the cold pizza hype, for me it's gotta be warm.  Do you like cold pizza or not?

1.) There used to be the Quebec City Meute, but then the league was informed at some point that "La Meute" are a far right separatist group. Don't remember what the team was changed to, moved, or eliminated. If I had to pick a league, I'd put a team in the VHLM.

2.) Not really a huge listener of music, so just what anyone/everyone else is listening to.

3.) I do like cold pizza, but it has to be something simple like a cheese pizza, pepperoni, etc... Any type of "specialty" pizza is better reheated. Kind of related fun fact - part of the reason I loved Little Caesars $5 Hot and Ready pizza in college was that it tasted exactly the same "fresh" as it did reheated in my microwave the next morning!

1.) Injuries/fatigue in the VHL - would you be OK with it?

2.) What's a skill you plan to learn or would like to learn?

3.) What's the latest book you read?

22 hours ago, Fire Tortorella said:

1.) Injuries/fatigue in the VHL - would you be OK with it?

2.) What's a skill you plan to learn or would like to learn?

3.) What's the latest book you read?

1. I would be okay with it but I find the issue is that we do multiple games in one day so if an injury happened you can't really sub anyone in and out. Would love to see retired goalies hit with 75% depreciation and become EBUGs though

2. I would love to get better at conversation, like the people who can go out and talk to anyone and it not be awkward would love to be like that

3. Adam Spencer's Big Book of Numbers it is a weird comedy math book, I am a math nerd though

Q1 - What is something the VHL could do without

Q2 - What is a job you would add to the VHL

Q3 - What is a must watch show/documentary/movie you don't think most people know about

On 3/18/2024 at 7:09 PM, Berocka said:

1. I would be okay with it but I find the issue is that we do multiple games in one day so if an injury happened you can't really sub anyone in and out. Would love to see retired goalies hit with 75% depreciation and become EBUGs though

2. I would love to get better at conversation, like the people who can go out and talk to anyone and it not be awkward would love to be like that

3. Adam Spencer's Big Book of Numbers it is a weird comedy math book, I am a math nerd though

Q1 - What is something the VHL could do without

Q2 - What is a job you would add to the VHL

Q3 - What is a must watch show/documentary/movie you don't think most people know about

1 - Controversial but less regression, with such short careers per player, would reduce when regression kicks in.
2 - Not so much adding a job but I would include some sort of pay for Ast GM; even if its 1TPE. 
3 - Probably Dark on Netflix, great series (3 seasons) and not too many people know about it.

Q1: Were approaching the start of another season, which VHL, VHLM and VHLE do you think will surprise people the most?

Q2: Have you set a seasonal goal for your player? If so what are your goals for the season?

Q3: What would you do if you knew you'd go blind in three months? Is there something, in particular, you'd like to see?

On 3/20/2024 at 11:45 AM, Greg_Di said:

1 - Controversial but less regression, with such short careers per player, would reduce when regression kicks in.
2 - Not so much adding a job but I would include some sort of pay for Ast GM; even if its 1TPE. 
3 - Probably Dark on Netflix, great series (3 seasons) and not too many people know about it.

Q1: Were approaching the start of another season, which VHL, VHLM and VHLE do you think will surprise people the most?

Q2: Have you set a seasonal goal for your player? If so what are your goals for the season?

Q3: What would you do if you knew you'd go blind in three months? Is there something, in particular, you'd like to see?

1. I think Warsaw will enter the playoffs, Houston will be amazing and Stockholm will take a dub in the playoffs

2. to be a point-per-game player, I want to perform!

3. hmmm, good question, maybe go see my motherland Germany!

1. What is your least favorite food and why?

2. What inspired you to join this league?

3. what is your favourite of genre of music to warm up too?

I'm pretty open to most things. I guess anything that is super blank and not seasoned? or if it has a really weird texture.

I think I joined SHL first and then decided to join another hockey sim league since I was enjoying it.

Probably EDM or some rap. It's what I usually what I listen to when working out and not listening to a podcast.

----
1. Any thoughts on your team's performance so far in S93?

2. Who is your early pick for league MVP and why?

3. What are your thoughts on Easter Egg Hunts?

On 3/21/2024 at 7:56 PM, Kisslinger said:

1. I think Warsaw will enter the playoffs, Houston will be amazing and Stockholm will take a dub in the playoffs

2. to be a point-per-game player, I want to perform!

3. hmmm, good question, maybe go see my motherland Germany!

1. My least favourite food would probably have to be raisins. Don't know why, I just never really liked them.

2. I was inspired to join this league from a youtube video (forgot who the youtuber was lol) and I was intrigued by the idea of creating players and being involved in a sim league.

3. It would definitely have to be hip hop. I'm not too knowledgeable about the genre but I just know it gets me feeling pumped.

1. What superstitions does your player have and when did they start?

2. If you had to compare your player to any NHL player (present or past), who would you compare them to?

3. Now, a question not related to your player; what is your personal morning routine?

19 hours ago, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. My least favourite food would probably have to be raisins. Don't know why, I just never really liked them.

2. I was inspired to join this league from a youtube video (forgot who the youtuber was lol) and I was intrigued by the idea of creating players and being involved in a sim league.

3. It would definitely have to be hip hop. I'm not too knowledgeable about the genre but I just know it gets me feeling pumped.

1. What superstitions does your player have and when did they start?

2. If you had to compare your player to any NHL player (present or past), who would you compare them to?

3. Now, a question not related to your player; what is your personal morning routine?

1. My player doesn't have many superstitions but his main superstition is he always tries to be the last one off the ice and often will  wait awhile till he gets off

2. I would compare him to Mitch marner, marner is a great playmaker but still has the shot to put it into the back of the net and that sounds  just like the player I am trying to build.

3. Often in the morning I wake up, get dressed and then I eat breakfest and finish off with brushing my teeth after that I'm good to go for the day

1. What do you hope your player achieves by the end of the season?

2. If there was one attribute you could put 90 TPE one which one would you choose?

3.What team do you dream to play for in the end

30 minutes ago, jesse115 said:

1. What do you hope your player achieves by the end of the season?

2. If there was one attribute you could put 90 TPE one which one would you choose?

3.What team do you dream to play for in the end

1. Not so much a player achievement, but If I can help my team make the playoffs at the end of the year I would be happy

2. Scoring. Scoring is king in all hockey leagues

3. Hopefully I can stay with Vancouver my entire career as I have never played for one team my entire for any of my VHLers, but If I have to leave, I would like to go somewhere I haven't played in the league yet. One of the newer expansion teams 

Questions: 

1. Are you happy with your teams performance so far this season.

2. Are you happy with your players performance this season.

3. If you could move a VHL/VHLE/VHLM franchise what one and to where?

On 3/27/2024 at 9:31 AM, Smarch said:

Questions: 

1. Are you happy with your teams performance so far this season.

Definitely. Bears have been playing really well lately and might cause a few surprises this season.

2. Are you happy with your players performance this season.

Also definitely. I think this is the best start to my players career and its his final season! Hoping to reach career highs before I retire him.

3. If you could move a VHL/VHLE/VHLM franchise what one and to where?

I would move Warsaw to Wroclaw. Keeps it in the same country but I was originally born in Wroclaw so would be nice to see a team from my home country!

1) Which VHL player has surprised you the most so far this season? (Cannot pick your own player!)

2) If money was no object, which city would you want to live in and why?

3) You find a book and begin to read it, only to discover that it is a story of your life. You get to the point that you are at now, do you turn the page knowing that you will not be able to change the events to come?

On 3/28/2024 at 6:06 PM, Greg_Di said:

1) Which VHL player has surprised you the most so far this season? (Cannot pick your own player!)
Liv Slater, I Shouldn't be shocked, She did very very well last season and i guess i didn't think she would be that good that fast. one hell of an oppenent!. 

2) If money was no object, which city would you want to live in and why?

The direct answer is New York, But i haven't even been there for a visit and i'm not fond of crowds or people in general so it might not be for me, Vancouver so i can go watch the NHL-Games, But i think i would probably stay put. Just move to a nice house right by the ocean :)

3) You find a book and begin to read it, only to discover that it is a story of your life. You get to the point that you are at now, do you turn the page knowing that you will not be able to change the events to come?

For sure, I'm the nosiest son of a gun to walk in a pair of shoes. I can't leave such a thing un-turned. I can't even let the neighbors have dates without making an errand outside.

1. You get a chance to rename Victory Hockey League, What is the new name?
  2. Quick! You're house is burning! You can bring one thing! Maybe two if you really hurry, What do you save!? (All living things are waiting for you outside)
  3. What are you going for with your TPE-build, like is it a goalscorer or playmaker? Build for points or for roleplay?

8 hours ago, Trazan said:

1. You get a chance to rename Victory Hockey League, What is the new name?
  2. Quick! You're house is burning! You can bring one thing! Maybe two if you really hurry, What do you save!? (All living things are waiting for you outside)
  3. What are you going for with your TPE-build, like is it a goalscorer or playmaker? Build for points or for roleplay?

1.  Simon Says Hockey League

2.  My pc and racing sim rig

3.  I'm just trying to build a quick and useful player.  Not going for a serial point getter, if Kimi gets them then great.  If we contend for cups, even better.

QUESTIONS

1.  What parts of a car do you know how to fix?  If you don't know how to fix anything, which parts would you like to learn how to fix?

2.  Which cool drink recipe do you know how to make?

3.  What's your favorite colors/liveries for cars/race cars?

2 hours ago, mattyIceman said:

1.  Simon Says Hockey League

2.  My pc and racing sim rig

3.  I'm just trying to build a quick and useful player.  Not going for a serial point getter, if Kimi gets them then great.  If we contend for cups, even better.

QUESTIONS

1.  What parts of a car do you know how to fix?  If you don't know how to fix anything, which parts would you like to learn how to fix?

2.  Which cool drink recipe do you know how to make?

3.  What's your favorite colors/liveries for cars/race cars?

1. I mean i can patch a tire/ change a tire lol, I’ve only ever had one car so not much experience.

2. I like caribou Lou lol, not bad at all.

3. I like a black car with a deep purple or pink under glow, reminds me of the old need for speed games id play as a kid.

1. what is your favourite holiday and why?

2. What league do you have the most fun in usually VHLM VHLE or VHL

3. if you could teleport anywhere right now and spend a day there, where would you go and why?

1. I don't really know. I work so many major holidays that a lot of them have frankly lost meaning for me - and I don't usually get the weekends during or surrounding these holidays off either.

2. Usually the VHL. I don't think, conceptually at least, I should really be having the most fun in any of the minor/semipro leagues because my goal is to live out a player's dream of making it to the pros!

3. Uhh, I probably would choose not to teleport! You didn't say anything about being able to teleport back.

---

1. Happy Easter -- if you celebrate it! Did you celebrate, and if so, how? If not, how was your Sunday?

2. We know being a pro VHLer takes a lot of dedication. What's the longest consecutive number of hours you've stayed up in any context, and what came of it?

3. You just got promoted at your job! What does that look like for you, and are you going to enjoy your job more than your last one?

On 3/31/2024 at 11:08 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. Happy Easter -- if you celebrate it! Did you celebrate, and if so, how? If not, how was your Sunday?

All our family went to my parents house to celebrate with them. Was a nice get together

2. We know being a pro VHLer takes a lot of dedication. What's the longest consecutive number of hours you've stayed up in any context, and what came of it?

I believe 30 hours and this was to complete a finals project in college. Wasn't too bad and managed to get a nice amount of sleep after it was finished.

3. You just got promoted at your job! What does that look like for you, and are you going to enjoy your job more than your last one?

If I got promoted from my job it would look very similar. Currently a HR Manager and next step would be BUsiness partner or Director but those usually have similar roles to what I do now

1) The total solar eclipse in happening April 8th in some parts of North America. Will you be getting glasses and looking at it or do you just not care?

2) Crazy conspiracy theorists are saying the eclipse will be the end of times! What is the craziest conspiracy that you have heard in your lifetime?

3) What one conspiracy do you believe might actually have some truth behind it?

1. Nah, I'm going to be sleeping. I worked the last 12-13 nights in a row and am really not about to wake up in the middle of the day to look at the not-sun 😂 

2. Oh man, where do I begin? The vaccine-autism thing, something about jet fuel melting steel beams, lizard people, flat Earth...

3. Ooh, ooh! The New Coke thing from the 80s is kind of interesting. Make a worse product temporarily to increase demand for your primary product. I still don't think it's true since they did make New Coke for like... 20 years, but I could totally see a sleep-deprived marketing department thinking that'd work.

1. What are your thoughts about AI? Are there any fields that you think it really shouldn't touch ever? What fields do you think it'd be most useful for? Are humans doomed to become lazy, uncreative folks reliant on AI?

2. @Enorama's offering lessons in League of Legends. Does your player take him up on his offer?

3. What do you think goes in to being a perfect draft pick for a franchise (outside of just earning the most TPE)?

2 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. Nah, I'm going to be sleeping. I worked the last 12-13 nights in a row and am really not about to wake up in the middle of the day to look at the not-sun 😂 

2. Oh man, where do I begin? The vaccine-autism thing, something about jet fuel melting steel beams, lizard people, flat Earth...

3. Ooh, ooh! The New Coke thing from the 80s is kind of interesting. Make a worse product temporarily to increase demand for your primary product. I still don't think it's true since they did make New Coke for like... 20 years, but I could totally see a sleep-deprived marketing department thinking that'd work.

1. What are your thoughts about AI? Are there any fields that you think it really shouldn't touch ever? What fields do you think it'd be most useful for? Are humans doomed to become lazy, uncreative folks reliant on AI?

2. @Enorama's offering lessons in League of Legends. Does your player take him up on his offer?

3. What do you think goes in to being a perfect draft pick for a franchise (outside of just earning the most TPE)?

1. I think Ai can be an amazing tool, I don't think Ai should touch anything to in government positions lol, But I think having an AI assistant would be sweet.

2. Why not, I have never really played so why not give it a try!

3. Being active and trying ur best to earn as much as you can, some of the top players stat wise can have half the tpe the most has!

1. Was there any team you wanted to be drafted by when you first started?

2.  If your player had to go pro in any other sport what would it be and why?

3. If you could have a superpower what would it be and why?

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

As I work in film this has been a hot topic for the last couple of years with opinions ranging from “we’re all fucked, it’s gonna replace us all” to “it’s fucking dumb and doesn’t stand a chance in creative fields.” On the whole I fall in the middle, I think it’s a useful tool in some circumstances but people need to not trust it too much. Ultimately it is easily mistaken and fooled because it’s pulling from incomplete information. As for specifics, I think stuff like coding can benefit from it greatly because it’s the kind of thing it understands well and you can save hours of debugging. As for what it should stay out of: almost anything creative. It’s a machine, it lacks creativity. All it can do is effectively copy and steal from others and badly mimic it. Useful as a planning tool for something maybe but not as an end product.

I had the above all written already when @Kisslinger took those questions so I’m gonna just leave it and answer his haha

1 minute ago, Kisslinger said:

1. Was there any team you wanted to be drafted by when you first started?

Well I first started in S1 when no one knew anything about any of the teams and also, I’ll be honest, most of the logos were fucking terrible ripoffs. With that said Amstel had the first pick so I was quite pleased to be taken with it haha.

2 minutes ago, Kisslinger said:

2.  If your player had to go pro in any other sport what would it be and why?

I mean wrestling seems the obvious choice, IYKYK I would say… and if you don’t well google my player’s name.

3 minutes ago, Kisslinger said:

3. If you could have a superpower what would it be and why?

Probably teleportation. It’s not one of the more obvious ones but man, it would be such a time saver wouldn’t it?

—————

1. If you could pick one food item to be banished from existence and you’d never have to risk tasting it again what would you choose?

2. How do you think the league is going to celebrate its centennial season?

3. If you had to choose a player, both real or VHL and from any era, to emulate who would you choose?

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

1. If you could pick one food item to be banished from existence and you’d never have to risk tasting it again what would you choose?

2. How do you think the league is going to celebrate its centennial season?

3. If you had to choose a player, both real or VHL and from any era, to emulate who would you choose?

1. Mushrooms. They're one of those things that find their way into a lot of dishes that I am not a fan of.

2. I don't imagine there will be much in the way of TPE celebration; nothing extravagant or anything that compares to the usual holiday or VHL birthday celebration. I'm imagining there will be something like a Top 100 Players or Top 100 moments of all time. Not that the latter really translates well to a sim league, but some sort of top 100 lists would make sense.

3. I'm going to say Leeroy Jenkins. I've absolutely never taken a career approach the way that he did, just taking things season by season signing one-year deals to achieve as much success as possible. I think at some point I'll do something like that. I don't know if it'll be my next career, since I'm going for a goalie, but perhaps with my next forward.

1. Do you have any thoughts on new items that could be added to the player store?

2. Would you retire a player early if in your first 3-4 seasons you were underperforming compared to your peers, even if you were still in the prime of your career?

3. What's your favorite music album? Or what is an album you would recommend I listen to while going for a run? It can be literally anything, as long as it's on Spotify, and I'll listen to it on my next run.

53 minutes ago, scoop said:

1. Do you have any thoughts on new items that could be added to the player store?

2. Would you retire a player early if in your first 3-4 seasons you were underperforming compared to your peers, even if you were still in the prime of your career?

3. What's your favorite music album? Or what is an album you would recommend I listen to while going for a run? It can be literally anything, as long as it's on Spotify, and I'll listen to it on my next run.

1) I'd like to see something that competes better with the value of just saving money for regression fighters. But besides that, what can you do besides give TPE that's actually enticing? It's a tricky situation and I don't really have any great ideas myself

2) It'd take more than just underperforming. I'd have to be *really* bad or not like the team situation or something that is causing it to be very not fun to continue my career. I don't really feel any pressure to go 8 seasons if I'm not having fun, but just underperforming a bit isn't enough to bother me

3) That's a lot of pressure lol, and I don't listen much to full albums anymore, but I do remember being a big fan of Rise Against - Appeal to Reason

---

1) LA is off to a 1-36 start, how many games do they win this season?

2) Where would you go for your dream vacation?

3) Do you follow sports outside of the "big 4" in north america (NHL MLB NFL NBA)? if so, what's your favourite?

On 4/8/2024 at 12:16 AM, tcookie said:

1) LA is off to a 1-36 start, how many games do they win this season?

2) Where would you go for your dream vacation?

3) Do you follow sports outside of the "big 4" in north america (NHL MLB NFL NBA)? if so, what's your favourite?

1. LA's record is pretty amazing, I think they can win 5 games this season, maybe. 

2. I would leave my wife home and go to Brazil for that carnival festival. 

3. I follow NCAA Hockey and OHL a bit and some NCAA Football. I'd say Hockey is my favourite. 

Questions: 

1. What 2 teams would you like to see play in this year's Stanley Cup Finals if you could choose any two teams in league? 

2. How is your player doing this season in the VHL/E/M? 

3. What are you looking forward to about spring? 

23 hours ago, Girts said:

1. LA's record is pretty amazing, I think they can win 5 games this season, maybe. 

2. I would leave my wife home and go to Brazil for that carnival festival. 

3. I follow NCAA Hockey and OHL a bit and some NCAA Football. I'd say Hockey is my favourite. 

Questions: 

1. What 2 teams would you like to see play in this year's Stanley Cup Finals if you could choose any two teams in league? 

2. How is your player doing this season in the VHL/E/M? 

3. What are you looking forward to about spring? 

1. Hawks and Red wings, favourite team is Chicago and favourite player is patty kane.

2. They are having a career year and I think a choice for the Dustin Funk Trophy at the end of the season.

3. that it is closer to summer lmao 

1. if you had to have one NHL player on your team to win a game who would it be and why?

2. Who would have the best style on your VHLM/E/VHL team?

3. if you had to eliminate one NHL team which would it be and why?

15 hours ago, Kisslinger said:

1. if you had to have one NHL player on your team to win a game who would it be and why?

2. Who would have the best style on your VHLM/E/VHL team?

3. if you had to eliminate one NHL team which would it be and why?

1. Sidney Crosby no doubt, just the best all around player in the game and would be an elite player to add to Moscow's forward core.

2. I imagine Leif Reingaard has decently style, could envision @Zetterberg and his creativity with graphics translating over to fashion.

3. Yotes bc they're gone already pretty much lol

1. Who's been your favorite GM during your time in the VHL/E/M? Why?

2. What do you think makes a LR fun in the VHL?

3. What's the best method you've seen that keeps a LR active?

On 4/11/2024 at 10:39 AM, Spartan said:

1. Sidney Crosby no doubt, just the best all around player in the game and would be an elite player to add to Moscow's forward core.

2. I imagine Leif Reingaard has decently style, could envision @Zetterberg and his creativity with graphics translating over to fashion.

3. Yotes bc they're gone already pretty much lol

1. Who's been your favorite GM during your time in the VHL/E/M? Why?

2. What do you think makes a LR fun in the VHL?

3. What's the best method you've seen that keeps a LR active?

1. I would say Frank, because he's my first VHL GM

2. Number one is activity

3. If you have like minded individuals than that should keep a room active

1. Who is your Hart trophy winner this year?

2. Who is your favorite player all time? ( any League )

3. Who is your pick for Stanley Cup champions this year?

6 hours ago, Noodle Enjoyer said:

1. I would say Frank, because he's my first VHL GM

2. Number one is activity

3. If you have like minded individuals than that should keep a room active

1. Who is your Hart trophy winner this year?

I would have to go with MacKinnon. Connor has been great this year but Mackinnon has been on another level. I think in the end he takes it

2. Who is your favorite player all time? ( any League )

Mario Lemiuex in the NHL. Was always a fan of his style of play and was one of the reasons I started watching hockey way back when.

3. Who is your pick for Stanley Cup champions this year?

I live in Toronto so of course the Leafs but I know realistically they will choke in the first round again!

1) Have you watched any PWHL games (Women's professional hockey)? If so what are your thoughts?

2) What VHL team do you think has made the best moves at the deadline to improve?

3) If a net gets torn, does it have more or fewer holes?

1 hour ago, Greg_Di said:

1) Have you watched any PWHL games (Women's professional hockey)? If so what are your thoughts?

2) What VHL team do you think has made the best moves at the deadline to improve?

3) If a net gets torn, does it have more or fewer holes?

1) I haven't watched any full games but I've seen highlights and my goodness am I glad Women's Hockey is back in the spotlight. It's really fun to watch and cool to see how competitive and skilled the hockey is. I enjoyed the CWHL when the Inferno were in town so I'm happy to see we finally have a competitive women's league again.

2) Helsinki.... what a haul they got for Fuukka Rask and also getting a first from Moscow. Obv not saying that they won the Rask trade, it is well known how smart of a GM Bana is so I trust he really trusts in the return. But good on Helsinki for building for the future.

3) It has fewer holes but one just happen to be bigger now. Though I will definitely throw that question around to my buddies to see how fast we can get a debate going.

1. What would you say is the biggest VHL rivalry between two teams? If you don't believe there is one, which two teams do you think will most likely form a rivalry?

2. What flex does your player use for their stick and why do they use that specific flex?

3. Your player decides to prank a teammate. Which teammate are you pranking and how will you prank them?