S81 VHL Mock Draft

Lemorse7

B4C9CCD3-E396-4F7C-8A51-29355A698840.jpeg.3caeb415205fe12a37879d2d2b00640a.jpeg

Well well well another article and on this one it’s a mock draft but I want to do a special mock draft for the S81 VHL Draft coming up in a couple of weeks. I’m going to have a little section for each player to try to explain why he is the first pick and like a mini scouting report for each player so it’s going to be a long read. Put your seat belts on, maybe grab a snack here we go. 

In this mock draft I’m going to pretend like the lottery didn’t change a thing and I’m looking at the standings to this day 18/10/21 to see where each team finishes. It’s not ideal but it is what it is. :)

1. The first pick is Helsinki having the Toronto 1st pick Nico Pearce. @Spartan Nico Pearce the 6 foot 180 pounds who is playing like he is 6’5 and 220 pounds having 140 hits 331 shots 43 goals in them 7 games winning goals in only 52 games. In my book I call that a power forward more offensive minded. I feel like a player like this caliber with all the experience that spartan have with the league you can’t pass on him. 

2. The second pick is also Helsinki but with their pick this time. I have them pick Hulk Hogan 2 @Hogan having 113 points 296 shots 100 hits 73 shots blocked and a +/- of 45 the best defenseman available in this draft. 6’8 and 250 pounds this big defenseman can do all on the ice block shots, hit, shoot and pass. He is Definitely going to help Helsinki in the future. 

Helsinki has a great prospect pool in every position. I have them pick one forward and one defenseman with their first two picks. 

3. Seattle turned to pick with their first rounder. Harkat Mulds @hylands this center playing for Yukon in the VHLM. This small playmaker is ripping it off in the VHLM. 5’5 and 140 pounds with 110 points a +/- 81 295 shots. He is a well rounded player who is going to help Seattle in a couple of seasons. 

4. The fourth pick Riga with their pick is selecting Wattson Power. @Tape-to-Tape I feel like Riga are going to pick a defenseman and Wattson Power should be the pick with Riga only having 1 defenseman prospect and defender current players. I feel like it’s the perfect match. 

5. The fifth pick London with their first I have them surprise surprise Zaza Colors. @McWolf   I was doing my mock draft and remembered that Mcwolf  was the GM of London, with Vladimir and The Terrible Trivium retiring and ZaZa was available so 1+1=2. Zaza  Colors with 101 points 271 shots 44 goals and a +/- 80. Offensive minded and ready to rumble. 

6. The sixth pick went back to Helsinki with the LA first rounder picking Maximus Decimus Meridius. @Beaviss This warrior from Spain having 73 points, 252 shots and a +/- 52 is a good two way forward. But his speed needs some work. 

7. The seventh pick Warsaw with their first picking Nezuko @tfong from the Minnesota Storm. Having a season of 87 points 286 shots and a +/- 40 is really offensive minded with his 92 scoring ability. Having elite players like Maximus is really good for Warsaw. 

8. Now the eight pick Calgary with the New York pick selecting Biggie Cheese. @a_Ferk I feel like Calgary has a nice forward prospect and needs some defenseman prospect Biggie Cheese is perfect for that team. Who can be responsible in his zone and productive on the scoring sheets. Having 75 points 173 shots 70 shots blocked 63 hits in 53 games. 

9. The ninth pick Riga with the Prague puck selecting Cameron Elsby. @Spence King He is a very tough defender to play against, he is not afraid to lay the body or to sacrifice his body to block shots. With a season of 53 games 56 points a +/- 32 157 shots 162 hits and 71 shots blocked. Adding another defenseman to this draft. 

10. The tenth pick goes to Toronto having a good offense but a poor defense is going to pick Cadmael Ixazaluoh @Vice a player who has recently been created in the middle of the season he is quickly becoming a great defender for Philadelphia. Cadmael is a defensive defenseman who is really good at blocking shots. It's almost like his stick has an eye. Cadmael has 64 points, 74 hits and 104 shots blocked in 53 games played. 

11. At the eleventh pick Riga with their final pick of the first round selecting Sirdsvaldis Miglaskems @FrostBeard , a well rounded player who is really responsible in his zone, one of the most defensive forwards in this draft class. Having a season of 46 points with a +/- 25 118 hits in 53 games played. 

12. The twelfth pick I have Toronto picking Juha Jarvinen @Collusion  with Toronto currently don’t having a goaltender and with prospect Oskar Lindbergh definitely being the starter for the next couples of season I have Jarvinen who is rapidly earning some experience in the VHLM and can be a solid backup to Lindbergh in the next couples of seasons in Toronto. 

13. The thirteenth pick the last of Helsinki in the first round selecting Janet Snakehole  @MattBake12 if feel like this s81 draft class is really deep in forward but not very in defenseman and even less in goalies so I think Helsinki are going to select a defenseman for a nice two forward two defenseman in the first round. Janet had a season in the VHLM of 42 points a +/- 25 102 hits and 54 shots blocked in 52 games. 

14. The fourteenth pick in Moscow I have is Alexandre Leduc ( me) , a well rounded player who is learning the ropes in the VHLM with Yukon. Having a season of 60 points a +/- 51 185 shots in 51 games he is a good player with a lot of character in games. 

15. The fifteen pick Warsaw and I have them picking Daniel Janser, @Daniel Janser a great player who is averaging one points per game with 56 in 53 games played, with 207 shots and 109 hits. Daniel is eager to learn and always wants to be better. 

16. The sixteenth pick and the final for Seattle in the first round I have Robert Wilk @Tomat0 having 50 goals 95 points 285 shots 82 hits in 52 games. Robert is an offensive player who loves to shoot the puck in the offensive zone. 

Some shutouts to players who I think can maybe be in the first round if they continue their efforts to earn TPE Mason Jones @Masu Chan , William Groves, @Will3  George Sanderson @spicy_gecko , Yun Chiang @FireballSalad , Sergey Probrazhensky @Bulduray_1 ,  Ragnar Hagstrom @Grosgars and Tadhg Byrne. @teknonym Keep up the good work. 

Thank you to Gaiko @Gaikoku-hitofor the tips. 

1115 words 

To be honest I think I won't go that high. Could be proved wrong though.

If my first draft class (S72) taught me anything is that some GMs are more likely to gamble on a welfare recreate than a first gen. There were like 4 picks in the early-middle first round that really shouldn't have went that high.

Review: 9/10

I liked the mock a lot! It's always brave to be one of the first to put predictions out there, and I respect the fact that you went out on a limb. I think a lot of the picks made sense too, and you certainly justified the selections well. As somebody tied to Helsinki, I'm definitely interested to see how it all plays out. I think the article itself read well also, but one thing I'd work on if you tackled this again is the presentation. Just putting something like "1. Helsinki: Nico Pearce" before the analysis would make it a lot easier to read for people who are scanning for their name. But all in all great stuff, would love to read more of these!

Review 9/10

The picture at the top is a nice replacement instead of a title. The mock draft has always been a classic favourite of mine. It especially gives me the jitters when I see my player tagged in one. As Cowboy said above, I would add a mini title before every player description that’s highlighted or bolded. That’s really the only thing missing to get a 9.5 or a 10 for me. Helsinki sure has a big draft to look forward to, and then getting Hogan and Spartan would be a scary combo for sure!